Cordelia and F!Robin comfirmed for Warriors from Famitsu Preview

Azz

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Rinkah isn't going around in a bikini though, nor are her boobs hanging out. Plus, she's a barbarian-like class.

By that logic, Charlotte should also be excused since her Class is also barbarian-like. In fact, her promotion is Berserker.

Yeah, look at Odin too. Wtf even IS that kind of outfit?

Regarding Odin specifically, the Dark Mage outfit fits his crazy theatrics personality. Same with Ophelia. But aside from them, yeah, the Nohrian Dark Mage outfit is really dumb.

IS should've done a better job at painting both nations with equally good and bad qualities.

The funny thing is that they did that exact thing with Zofia and Rigel in SoV. Zofia and Rigel are basically Hoshido and Nohr done right.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I can make out a bit of text there saying Female robin doesn't appear in the story, so I'd guess she's a separate, but mechanically identical character, rather than a costume. Warriors costumes never change character quotes and portraits anyway. It gets pretty odd in Hyrule Warriors where enemy Dark Links have portraits of their own, but the playable costume uses Link's. If I'm really correct though, I wonder if those bond conversations are limited to the main story or a character like her would have them too?

Edited by NeonZ

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

By that logic, Charlotte should also be excused since her Class is also barbarian-like. In fact, her promotion is Berserker.

Charlotte is in a bikini though. Rinkah is not, like I said.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Charlotte is in a bikini though. Rinkah is not, like I said.

That may be true but it at least ties into her personality in how she wants to attract handsome noblemen and will do whatever it takes to do so.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

That may be true but it at least ties into her personality in how she wants to attract handsome noblemen and will do whatever it takes to do so.

Yeah, but her outfit still makes no sense for battle and I simply just don't like it anyway.

14 minutes ago, NeonZ said:

I think I can make out a bit of text there saying Female robin doesn't appear in the story, so I'd guess she's a separate, but mechanically identical character, rather than a costume. Warriors costumes never change character quotes and portraits anyway. It gets pretty odd in Hyrule Warriors where enemy Dark Links have portraits of their own, but the playable costume uses Link's. If I'm really correct though, I wonder if those bond conversations are limited to the main story or a character like her would have them too?

Kind of curious as to what the two Robins would say to each other.

If F!Robin is a separate character, I hope she's not a "clone". Well, if anything, it makes M!Corrin a likely possibility. As for Cordelia, it's nice to finally have a lance user as well as a flying unit. 

26 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but her outfit still makes no sense for battle and I simply just don't like it anyway.

For the record, Rinkah's design is actually pretty fanservice-y, she's just aimed at a different crowd.

12 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

If F!Robin is a separate character, I hope she's not a "clone". Well, if anything, it makes M!Corrin a likely possibility. As for Cordelia, it's nice to finally have a lance user as well as a flying unit. 

She seems to have the same enemy encounter animation as male Robin, considering those pictures. So, she's either a complete clone or a costume.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Not exactly. Berserkers in most fantasy games wear little to no armor. As far as fantasy goes, this goes WAY back to the days of Dungeons and Dragons and even before that. Berserkers wear no metal armors, only natural armor such as furs, leathers, and scale.

The concept of little to no armor berserkers actually goes way back to history itself. Viking berserkers literally wore nothing in battle. Naked as the day they were born.

Armor is heavy as hell. Plate is up to 110 pounds of metal, leather, and chain. Leather armor can weigh up to 20. Chain can weigh up to 50. Armor is restrictive, heavy, and for the most part uncomfortable. Its also expensive as all hell too for medieval days. So the concept of wearing little to no armor isnt exactly an unheard of thing, especially when looking at large armies. Plate armor was mostly reserved for nobles and knights, not your average footman charging into battle.

Now I will fully admit, its obvious Charlotte's armor is for fanservice, though at least it is explained unlike Camilla. Im not saying that heavy fanservice designs like bikini armor are completely fine and reasonable, obviously its not exactly functional either (though to Charlotte's credit she is wearing what seems to be leather or cloth, not metal. So its essentially just fighting in clothing no different than a mage does). But then again, Armor Knights arent either. If plate weighs anywhere from 80 to 100 pounds, and looks like this

then how much does the armor of the armor knights way? Easily double that, if not more.

Fanservicey and ridiculous armor designs has been a part of fantasy since the dawn of time practically. Its kind of the name of the game, fantasy. Though I fully agree that over the top designs can get ridiculous and can break immersion easily, looking at most of Awakening's designs for both male and female characters, and Fate's over the top fanservice designs. Im not one to complain about fanservice most of the time, but this took it a little too much with how in your face it is. The more subtle the better.

Edited by Tolvir

1 hour ago, NeonZ said:

Yet. They've never done it before, but it's entirely possible she's still a costume, and they're trying something new with giving her different quotes and portraits.

Personally I'm hoping for that. I don't want to have to level up the exact same character twice, outfit them with the best weapons twice, ect.

Plus if they share the same character slot, we can switch between them on the fly. Like if I use male Robin or female Corrin during the story, then in another mode decide I want to give female Robin or male Corrin a try, I can do so without losing my progress and starting over with a level 1 loser.

6 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Armor is heavy as hell. Plate is up to 110 pounds of metal, leather, and chain. Leather armor can weigh up to 20. Chain can weigh up to 50. Armor is restrictive, heavy, and for the most part uncomfortable. 

I just wanted to nitpick a bit and say that the weight was well distributed.

https://youtu.be/qzTwBQniLSc

1 hour ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Have you been living under a rock or something? It's been said multiple times by numerous people that the roster is only going to be SD, Awakening and Fates characters.

Aside from a jab at the Treehouse comment, which they made after the roster was confirmed to be limited to 3 games, I was also making the point that Marth is still the only SD character shown while they're already showing alternate versions of Awakening characters.

16 hours ago, Armagon said:

I was gonna say "LOL, both male versions of the Avatar have been shafted" but then i remembered that Male Robin was already confirmed. Cordelia is nice. Still waiting on Caeda tho. Or the Whitewings. Or literally any other Shadow Dragon character who isn't Marth, as he's the only Shadow Dragon character in the game so far.

Tiki has a amiibo. So she's all but confirmed in the game. 

44 minutes ago, Florete said:

Ya know, even more than the Robins conversing with each other, I want to see Tharja react to two Robins.

Oh dear... that's worse than the time Nina jumped dimensions and found her father in that world was married to M!Corrin. Don't want it to happen! There is a time and there is a place for petrifying people forever, and I think I found one such scenario here. It'll be bad enough when December rolls around and we get the Heroes "Hexed Mistletoe" episode between Tharja and M!Robin.

1 hour ago, Florete said:

Ya know, even more than the Robins conversing with each other, I want to see Tharja react to two Robins.

That, nothing. Imagine Camilla reacting to two Corrins.

Well could of had someone cool like Ephraim or even Ike
but i guess gender opposite clones of characters we already had is cool too
i'd be pretty bummed out if we don't get more obscure characters from fates/awakening because they spent development time on Female Robin too.

10 minutes ago, Tsak said:

Well could of had someone cool like Ephraim or even Ike
but i guess gender opposite clones of characters we already had is cool too
i'd be pretty bummed out if we don't get more obscure characters from fates/awakening because they spent development time on Female Robin too.

As much as I love both those characters, no we couldn't have..we know it's only Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates..they wouldn't be unlikely as DLC though.

Pretty sure fRobin's just a costume swap for mRobin like in Super Smash Bros, so not really a 'clone'. As Sakurai said in regards to Smash, clones and alt costumes take almost no time to make. For both is just a new character model and for clones it's just a minorly tweaked moveset. No character would have even been 1/5th of the way done in that time..so even if she's not just a costume, she wouldn't have taken anyone's 'slot'.

Edited by Deva Ashera

32 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

As much as I love both those characters, no we couldn't have..we know it's only Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates..they wouldn't be unlikely as DLC though.

Pretty sure fRobin's just a costume swap for mRobin like in Super Smash Bros, so not really a 'clone'. As Sakurai said in regards to Smash, clones and alt costumes take almost no time to make. For both is just a new character model and for clones it's just a minorly tweaked moveset. No character would have even been 1/5th of the way done in that time..so even if she's not just a costume, she wouldn't have taken anyone's 'slot'.

in smash they take no time to make, sure. If its an actual clone it wouldn't be a big deal.

But if its a new character as in different move set and all, that's sad times cuz we could of been getting more characters.
It just doesn't fit their narrative of oh there is too many sword lords, yet they're perfectly fine with making character swaps of stuff. We aren't even close all character revealed and we're already seeing swaps. If we get like 20 characters, 2 clones looks pretty big.

14 minutes ago, Tsak said:

in smash they take no time to make, sure. If its an actual clone it wouldn't be a big deal.

But if its a new character as in different move set and all, that's sad times cuz we could of been getting more characters.
It just doesn't fit their narrative of oh there is too many sword lords, yet they're perfectly fine with making character swaps of stuff. We aren't even close all character revealed and we're already seeing swaps. If we get like 20 characters, 2 clones looks pretty big.

Yeah, which is precisely why I'm 80% sure fRobin's just a costume swap for mRobin.

Yay for Cordelia making it in!  For now, I know who I'll be maining in this game.  And it's interesting they announced f!Robin this way, I'm hoping she's a skin, but if not I'll be very keen to see what her moveset is gonna be.