Can we get at least one Axe bro?

?????

inb4Barst

I'm honestly just down for any axe user at this point to balance out the swords.  If we're going for infantry axe-users, I would want Barst or Basilio.  Barst isn't very likely considering he's not integral to any plot, but Basilio is pretty important during Awakening for a little bit, so maybe he has a chance.

Hmm, for infantry axe users my picks would probably be Charlotte, or..........yeah that's really about it, I never use any Axe users predominately except for Charlotte and Ross. I would have used Barst in shadow dragon if he wasn't so meh for me. So another possible axe infantry unit (given Frederick is an axe cavalry when he's best known as a lance user) Astram, I say that Astram can wield Axes well because he's a hero, and he used them very well for me in shadow dragon (Well enough despite all my exp going to either Marth, Draug, or Caeda as those three were my aces) and including him as an axe unit could work as it could also bring in Midia to rep as a cavalier lancer, I mean since Marth has the Falchion we can assume it's late game shadow dragon. Plot importance wise though, they're very minor with only being Knights of Archanea. Then again Cordelia is confirmed (so happy about) so they have and may continue to add characters not exactly plot important to their respective games.

He can use Axes as a hero from the remakes yeah, but his focus is absolutely on swords to the point that he has the legendary sword in the sequel. The Hero they gave skill in Axes to is Samson, who's hardly plot important but does have a chapter and connection with Sheema in the sequel. 

I would be very happy with Arthur and Basillio. Vaike I could live with.

But if a character like Barst gets added then I'm convinced they are just deliberately squandering this crossover. Because Barst and Cord arent characters but glorified blank slates who happen to have a face and a deathquote. Even by Archenean standards they lag behind significantly.

Archenea needs all the good characters they can get. Wasting slots like that would just validate people like me who claim Archeneans can be a detriment. That continent can work but only if they make solid choices and leave the blank slate brigade at home.

9 hours ago, Jedi said:

CYL couldn't have influenced the roster at all, given that it happened after the roster was finalized.  The 2015 Famitsu poll is the closest thing we have to a popularity poll for Marth's games:  https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2016/06/09/fire-emblem-famitsu-overall-favorite-character-poll-translated-june-2015/

CYL might give a general idea on what characters might be considered popular from FE11/FE12, but they wouldn't have had those results at the time the roster was finalized (remember IS devs mentioned being surprised that Awakening Tiki placed higher than SD Tiki).

Axe bro...

- We got Arthur whose gimmick would make for a hilarious moveset. 

- Not really a bro but...Rinkah has the whole oni theme going on which would make for an interesting moveset. 

- There's also the possibility of Hero Wrys giving his enemies a proper burial...

- There's Garon, his Bölverk and his dragon powers...

- Barst would definitely be cool to have as well.

I really wanted Bartre but he's not from the games featured in FE Warriors...

Now that I think about it...what about Hero Gregor? unless he goes Ranger... I dunno Gregor was one of my favorites from the cast of awakening. I wonder if he has a chance to finally come back? the dude isn't even in vanilla heroes (might appear on a ferox banner I guess).

But he ranked pretty well back then in the in terms of popularity. Though I'm worried Laslow and Selena are gonna overshadow him... as always...

1 hour ago, Saint_Stahn said:
Now that I think about it...what about Hero Gregor? unless he goes Ranger... I dunno Gregor was one of my favorites from the cast of awakening. I wonder if he has a chance to finally come back? the dude isn't even in vanilla heroes (might appear on a ferox banner I guess).

But he ranked pretty well back then in the in terms of popularity. Though I'm worried Laslow and Selena are gonna overshadow him... as always...

Gregor's "canon" promotion seems to be Hero based on his unique model for it, but as much as I love Gregor he seems pretty unlikely. His main gimmick of his accent was something added by the localization, so in Japan he's just a pretty generic sellsword who has to compete with the much more popular Laslow for Hero. Selena will probably be a Bow Knight if she gets in.