All Ram Village/Priory Run Help

I'm planning on doing a Hard Classic run where I only use units that can be recruited from Ram Village and the Priory. The only exception will be the Prologue, in which I'll use Mycen. I'll fight enemies that I see in dungeons, but I'll try to avoid grinding beyond that. I plan on making Gray a Mercenary, Tobin a Mage, and Faye a Cleric. I'll recruit Kliff with Celica, where he'll be either a Mercenary or an Archer. I plan on making Boey into whichever of the two Kliff is not. Who should be the Mercenary, and who should be the Archer? I think Boey would benefit from being an Archer more because Hunter's Volley would make up for his poor speed, but I'm not sure. Also, should I make Mae into a Pegasus Knight? That might really help with all of the Terrors later on in Celica's route. Finally, should I reclass Lukas, and if so, what should I reclass him into? I'm thinking that it might be a good idea to reclass him into an a Archer for the same reason as Boey. Beyond that, do you all have any other tips?

Well depnding on what you are doing for the promoting it will change your options! like if you only promote one per altar then I would make kliff the archer since at least by the time he is around level 15 in the bow knight he will have amazing atck,spd,skl,and pretty high def! but if you are doing a run where you promote anytime you want you may want to make Kliff a Merc and then later on if you can into a bowknight if you really love the 1-5+ range!

2 hours ago, Serkat said:

Well depnding on what you are doing for the promoting it will change your options! like if you only promote one per altar then I would make kliff the archer since at least by the time he is around level 15 in the bow knight he will have amazing atck,spd,skl,and pretty high def! but if you are doing a run where you promote anytime you want you may want to make Kliff a Merc and then later on if you can into a bowknight if you really love the 1-5+ range!

Thanks for your help. I would probably want to avoid going back to previous shrines, so maybe I should make Kliff the Archer like you said. My main concern is that Boey would struggle as a Dread Fighter due to his low speed, but I suppose that I could always use stat-boosters and Lion Head Statues on him if I needed to.

Boey will not struggle of low speed as his bases will be brought up to match his class bases, so he'll be more or less in the same boat as Gray.

12 hours ago, Agro said:

Boey will not struggle of low speed as his bases will be brought up to match his class bases, so he'll be more or less in the same boat as Gray.

Won't Boey be in the same boat as Celica, Mae, Genny, Saber, and the Old Timer for the majority of Act 2?

In all seriousness, this is true. That should be enough to make Boey at least decent. With his relatively high HP and defense growths, he should have some good bulk too. Thanks for your help!

Also, if I turn Mae into a Falcon Knight, I'm thinking about giving her the Blessed Shield from Fear Mountain. That with the occasional Physic from Genny should allow her to survive the Terrors in Act 4. Even without a nonstandard lance, she should still be able to deal decent damage to the Terrors with her high attack growth and Banish. Is this a good idea?

EDIT: Although I don't want to go back to old shrines much to avoid grinding as much as possible, I'll probably go back to the Priory once Mae and Boey can promote so that I don't have to face Barth with Villagers and so that they will enter Act 3 at a reasonable level.

Edited by CriticalMiss