Sequels That Aren't

Zera

Megaman: make a new megaman game already!! I've been a fan since the Battle Network series (though I also bought megaman and bass), played all three megaman starforce games, and have been waiting since 2008 for a new megaman game!

...That's all I can think of off the top of my head; perhaps I'll think of more.

The world ends with you, one the most popular games on the Ds that isn't produced my Nintendo, with a unique style behind it. Just thinking about gives me ideas of how to tell a story that is current to  modern society. Someday a sequel could be on the Switch.

F-Zero: and an actual sequel, and not the fake DLC version for those retarded kids who failed F-Zero grade school and got sent back to F-Zero kindergarten. (Yeah, I'm talking about you, Spastic Mario Kart!)

On ‎02‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 2:09 AM, Armagon said:

I want to see Star Fox get a sequel that isn't a repeat of Star Fox 64.

Star Fox Adventures and Star Fox Assault.

On ‎02‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 3:41 AM, Gustavos said:

Earthbound/Mother: Nintendo had to have noticed the buzz around Undertale. And Undertale did all that with just a borrowed aesthetic and style of setting, not so much with its gameplay. Plus I get the feeling Shigesato Itoi would do another of these, as he loves interacting with fans enough to appear in their little documentaries about Earthbound.

Shigesato Itoi has gone on record to say he won't be making any Mother games after Mother 3.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Besides things already said, I'll take a sequel to CIMA: The Enemy, the game is just begging for one, it had potential. I'll take another Car Battler Joe and another Boktai/Lunar Knights game (or at least a remake of the original Boktai) to round out niche GBA titles. I'd like to see them experiment with more climatic and environmental stuff in another Bok/LK, that stuff caught my interest, put I'd also like for them to add depth to the action RPG gameplay and restore some of the original Bok's stealth. Why I can already think of a minor plot point- a giant solar company that secretly seals Immortals in its solar arrays- the kind where all the light is reflected onto a single structure.

I'd also like a Rune Factory intra-series crossover along the lines of Super Robot Taisen Original Generations. Maybe add a few OCs, but otherwise make the whole game set in one uncrossed world, where numerous characters from all 6 RFs are featured and live as natives- not as dimensional travelers. I'd say per game take the hero and a heroine (Mist, Mana, and Raven, plus Sonja and Frey) as playable characters, except Frontier- it'd feature the two Irises instead, and Aaron and Aria. Add 1 NPC bachelor (maybe more for the latter games), 2 NPC bachelorettes, 1 child (save FE2, which gives 2 kids of each sex), and 2 adults. This should suffice to fill a village and more. Add season-themed dungeons (say 4-6), a Whale Island, some regular islands, and a nice deep labyrinth, or at least a randomized one.

Actually, maybe just make an RF MMORPG.

How about a Pokemon Colosseum 3?

I almost forgot about Soul Calibur. I loved the third game and played it a lot when I was younger. The two sequels aren't too shabby, but that doesn't mean the series is lost. There is a lot that can still be done and I bet the formula still works well.

Oh, and Rune Factory. I loved the series (particularly RF3 and 4), it is a shame that 4 sold well but then the devs went bankrupt, were employed by XSeed but instead of continuing it, they came up with Lord of Magna and never mentioned RF again.

Edited by Rapier

11 hours ago, LordOTaco said:

Though it will probably never happen.  But I have to say GX has aged incredibly well.

I would say F-Zero GX has already aged better than Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. If I could only have one for the Switch, I would pick GX.

Darn it, I just created another wish to be broken.

6 minutes ago, Zera said:

I would say F-Zero GX has already aged better than Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. If I could only have one for the Switch, I would pick GX.

Darn it, I just created another wish to be broken.

How does one "break" a wish?

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't given up on Mega Man X Legacy Collection, since if MMLC2 succeeds, chances are we'll have another collection in the works, even if it is just a Megaman X-X3 SNES collection in a glorified emulator.

You know what, I'd pay 50 bucks for a Mega Man X Collection with X-X6.

Just thought of another game that needs a sequel: The Last Story. The game had some solid ideas, but unfortunately it failed to fully execute them. The gameplay is in particular in need of improvement- the action RPG approach it took wasn't bad, but it needed more complexity. The spellcasters needed more spells, the fighters needed actual physical attack arts/skills, stealth needs refinement and greater usefulness, character heals and revives are overly plentiful. For the plot- well it was okay, and the characters were the same- but I liked the microcosmic setting restricted largely to one island and Lazulis City as a whole. The weapon system was solid, and the character appearance customization options were great and should totally return. I'd love to see its online multiplayer system brought back, but with refinements to make every character unique and usable instead of characters who play identically, and others who play just better or worse than another.

On a similar note, I'll take an Ever Oasis sequel. The game is good, but it needs more: more nuanced combat, more oasis management, and more developed characters.

I'd want a Resonance of Fate sequel- the world was interesting (the manual describes an interesting lore which the game never really speaks of), but the plot was junk and the gameplay rather simplistic despite the appearance of overwhelming complexity at first.

Mega Man: Well more specifically I'd want to see something along the lines of Mega Man Zero since it's my favorite sub series, but I'd rather have it be more of a successor game and not a direct continuation to the story since Zero 4's ending wraps things up pretty well. But aside from that I'd be down any part of the franchise getting revived because really, Capcom just needs to show us that they still care.

Castlevania: A great series that is my one and only venture into the horror genre. I'd say that the best way to revive the series would be with a metroidvainia since it's by far the most popular style, but Mr. Pachinko(A.K.A. Konami) probably has other plans. I guess all we can do now is hope and pray.

The Wonderful 101: One of the Wii U's many hidden gems that honestly deserves more attention. Platinum Games brings tons of bombastic action, unique game mechanics, and quirky humor to the game that makes it feel at home on a Nintendo console. However, the game was still largely experimental and is just begging to be expanded upon in a sequel that much to my dismay probably will never happen.

Final Fight: We keep seeing Final Fight characters in Street Fighter and Marvel Vs. Capcom which is cool and all, but why not a brand new game? There's defiantly a following for these games and I think it could do really well as long as they update the gameplay to suit a modern audience, unless the want to go full Mega Man 9.

Edited by TheGoodHoms