Pairings for Conquest.

MeddlingMage

In this playthrough, I'm not going for all the kids.   So not all the parents will be listed.  Here are the pairings:

Corrin (+Magic/ -Luck) x Odin
Xander x Selena
Leo x Felicia
Niles x Elise
Keaton x Camilla
Kaze x Azura
Arthur x Effie
Benny x Beruka
Laslow x Peri
Jakob x Mozu

As you can tell it will leave Silas and Jakob free for the guys and Charlotte and Nyx free for the girls.   But since I overplayed Silas and Sophie on my last play through, I'm giving those two a break and Silas is getting benched immediately in Chapter 8.

Corrin's secondary class is Diviner.   I know Ophelia won't get the Diviner class skills, so I plan on having Odin and Corrin pass down a couple of them, maybe Rend Heaven and Quixotic.   I'm not worried about what skills I pass down to Kana.
Thoughts on these pairings.
Edited by MeddlingMage

Good Pairings overall, but I would do AzuraXKeaton for wolfskin Shigure. He works well in that class. CamillaXNiles is not a bad pairing either. So you could just switch. 

I recommend reclassing Nyx into dark flier because she actually becomes very good in that class, especially early game. Camilla appreciates a Wyvern Lord reclass after she learns savage blow as well. Don't worry about her losing tomes and res.

Let me be frank - you could do better than passing down Rend Heaven and Quixotic. The former won't do any good on a magic type character, 9 times out of 10, and the latter is a double-edged sword, and a level 15 skill to boot.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

I do not recommend leaving Charlotte unmarried. Her high stats make her a great mom for any non-magic kids. I also don't recommend passing those skills, rend heaven is best used on physical units. Ophelia wants a skill like Tomefaire from Corrin, and give her one of the Samurai skills from Odin. I recommend Duelist's Blow because vantage doesn't work well with her because she usually dies anyways. Sometimes from a 1hko or because she cannot 1hko them back. 

5 hours ago, BlueBloodEmblazer said:

I do not recommend leaving Charlotte unmarried. Her high stats make her a great mom for any non-magic kids. I also don't recommend passing those skills, rend heaven is best used on physical units. Ophelia wants a skill like Tomefaire from Corrin, and give her one of the Samurai skills from Odin. I recommend Duelist's Blow because vantage doesn't work well with her because she usually dies anyways. Sometimes from a 1hko or because she cannot 1hko them back. 

I may switch Charlotte to Xander and give Selena to Laslow and give Peri the bench.   I know I won't being getting all the kids this run because I banned Silas from being used this run because I used him and Sophie a lot last run.

I might have to give Duelist Blow to Ophelia from Odin and Tomefaire from Corrin.   Right now, currently Corrin is a level 12 Dark Falcon.   I made her a Dark Falcon because I always wanted to use that class on Corrin and Ophelia is going to become a Witch with the free Witch's Gift.   I'm using the free DLCs and the battle and visit rewards this run.

I just thought about getting Ophelia early and I don't think I can get Corrin to level 15 of Onmyoji that early.   I could just buy Tomefaire from a My Castle and pass down something else like either Rally Luck, Future Sight, or Magic +2.

Your Ophelia will be an unstoppable monster with this setup. Have Odin give her Vantage and snag her as early as possible. The rewards from her chapter alone are amazing. Leave her as a sorc and watch her annihilate everything with Horse Spirit, Nos, Calamity Gate, and her tome. Pair her with Diviner Kana or Avatar for extra lul.

Odin himself can nearly solo most chapters after you get him with a nose tome.

2 hours ago, Centh said:

Your Ophelia will be an unstoppable monster with this setup. Have Odin give her Vantage and snag her as early as possible. The rewards from her chapter alone are amazing. Leave her as a sorc and watch her annihilate everything with Horse Spirit, Nos, Calamity Gate, and her tome. Pair her with Diviner Kana or Avatar for extra lul.

Odin himself can nearly solo most chapters after you get him with a nose tome.

She is my favorite kid in Fates after all (at least on the Nohr side).   Hence why you notice my picture is Ophelia.

5 minutes ago, Centh said:

Nina is apparently really good but I haven't used her yet or know how to make her well

In some of my files her mother is Nyx, so i make a magic bow abuser, with this skills:

Trample, bowfaire, malefic aura, vantage, life to serve.

Edited by Sieghart

42 minutes ago, Centh said:

Nina is apparently really good but I haven't used her yet or know how to make her well

You also have Felicia be Nina's Mom as well.   Usually for me, Elise is with Odin, but for this run Elise is with Niles because Odin is with Corrin.

Probably going either buy Bowfaire for Niles and have him pass it on to Nina.   Or buy Niles Vantage and just buy Bowfaire for Nina.   But I'll be passing Live to Serve from Elise to Nina.

I've also seen people buy Renewal for either Niles or his wife and pass that down to Nina as well.

With Elise being Nina's mom, Nina will definitely be a Shining Bow user.

Edited by MeddlingMage

6 minutes ago, MeddlingMage said:

You also have Felicia be Nina's Mom as well.   Usually for me, Elise is with Odin, but for this run Elise is with Niles because Odin is with Corrin.

Probably going either buy Bowfaire for Niles and have him pass it on to Nina.   Or buy Niles Vantage and just buy Bowfaire for Nina.   But I'll be passing Live to Serve from Elise to Nina.

I've also seen people buy Renewal for either Niles or his wife and pass that down to Nina as well.

With Elise being Nina's mom, Nina will definitely be a Shining Bow user.

Buy her malefic aura for more damage.

26 minutes ago, Sieghart said:

Buy her malefic aura for more damage.

Just bought Bowfaire for Niles and Live to Serve for Elise.   I know Elise can learn Live to Serve through the Maid Class, but I was never going to take her through that class anyway.  I always love Elise with her horse, so she will always be my Strategist.   I did take Bowfaire off of Niles for now.  But when it comes time to get Nina, Bowfaire will be on.  Currently on Chapter 9 of this current run.

22 hours ago, MeddlingMage said:

Just bought Bowfaire for Niles and Live to Serve for Elise.   I know Elise can learn Live to Serve through the Maid Class, but I was never going to take her through that class anyway.  I always love Elise with her horse, so she will always be my Strategist.   I did take Bowfaire off of Niles for now.  But when it comes time to get Nina, Bowfaire will be on.  Currently on Chapter 9 of this current run.

I've been wanting to go Wyvern Elise. Looks like it would be really good once you get through E axes/grab +2 str, into bolt axe malig

22 hours ago, Centh said:

I've been wanting to go Wyvern Elise. Looks like it would be really good once you get through E axes/grab +2 str, into bolt axe malig

If you do that then save an Arm Scroll or 2 to help out Elise.   She won't be hitting much with Bronze and Iron Axe, so you will need 2 Arm Scroll to get her to a C rank to use Bolt Axe.

Thinking about what are some non Broken skills to pass down from Selena and Laslow to Soliel.  Since I bought Bowfaire for Niles and going buy Tomefaire for Ophelia and I can buy Swordfaire for either Selena or Laslow and pass that on to Soliel.