Persona Q2, Persona 3 Dancing Moon Night and Persona 5 Dancing Start Night announced

Water Mage

15 hours ago, Water Mage said:

A bit of a news update: 

The Dancing games won't have a story. Is that a good thing or a bad in you guys' opinion? That does explains why the P3 protagonist is playble, why Makoto is still in her uniform despite being in college and why Kamoshida's castle appears. It also gives the chance for the FeMC, Shinjiro and Akechi to appear as playable characters.

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/08/08/persona-3-persona-5-dancing-will-run-60fps-ps4-new-songs-elements/#disqus_thread

Honestly, I'm mostly okay with this. While I ended up enjoying it, I understand that a lot of people found DAN's story to be pretty weak overall, and can understand that they're not doing a story mode because of it. Plus, if I'm being honest, I wouldn't mind seeing SEES and the Phantom Thieves interact more without a story weighing it down a la DAN'S free dance mode; especially SEES, who barely get any interactions amongst themselves.

15 hours ago, Water Mage said:

A bit of a news update: 

The Dancing games won't have a story. Is that a good thing or a bad in you guys' opinion? That does explains why the P3 protagonist is playble, why Makoto is still in her uniform despite being in college and why Kamoshida's castle appears. It also gives the chance for the FeMC, Shinjiro and Akechi to appear as playable characters.

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/08/08/persona-3-persona-5-dancing-will-run-60fps-ps4-new-songs-elements/#disqus_thread

I think it makes things a lot more enjoyable for me. Part of the reason I was iffy about even getting these games in the first place was because I was skeptical of how they were going to justify P3 protagonist being playable (without defaulting to the typical before he "you know what"). Not having a story frees them from having to make up some silly excuse as a light hearted dancing game really doesn't need a story to make it compelling to play.

Also, please give me FeMC DLC along with "Wipin' All Out" remix, Atlus. Please and thank you.

Some more news:

http://personacentral.com/persona-3-persona-5-dancing-interviews-feature-initial-game-details/

I don't know what to make of this honestly. They say they will focus on character interactions and want to deepen the love for the P3 and P5. My guess is that whatever mode they will use to replace the Story Mode will be like the Dream Scenarios and Dream Stages from the Warriors games. They want to put the characters on a colorful environment despite coming from a game with a serious story. The pessimistic side of me is telling me that this means that they will turn in one note gimmick characters. Essentially, they will receive the Akihiko treatment.