Trails of Cold Steel PC: Nightmare Boss Guide Boss #6

Jedi

I will be doing a Video series on the various bosses encountered in Trails of Cold Steel, using the PC port that just released today. 

The first boss isn't particularly hard, you just need to know your buffs and stuff, commentary is in the videos this time too. 

Edited by Jedi

The Minos Demon is pretty simple really, just keep Motivate and Resounding Beat active, give Rean the glasses you find in the schoolhouse to prevent blind, widdle down the enemy health now with your additional Link attacks and profit, he's also weakish to wind so Elliot casting Air Strike every now and again can help as well.

@Sire @Rapier Figured you two might be interested because you expressed some interest in CS

nice vids. you're doing really well explaining strats! gameplay looks great. beside obv reminding me of sky, it also reminds me of persona as well. can't wait to get into this soon!

Nice going, I'm pretty sure you won't really have an issue but be careful with certain more spoilerific bosses if they ever come up. Good luck with the long hour treks you're going through. 

9 hours ago, ίce said:

nice vids. you're doing really well explaining strats! gameplay looks great. beside obv reminding me of sky, it also reminds me of persona as well. can't wait to get into this soon!

Yeah I think you'll really like it overall, hows 3rd going? 

4 hours ago, Raguna said:

Nice going, I'm pretty sure you won't really have an issue but be careful with certain more spoilerific bosses if they ever come up. Good luck with the long hour treks you're going through. 

Yeah I'm having more an issue with clean runs than like the actual strats haha, should I include the Practical Exams and Monster Quests? Or nah.

22 hours ago, Jedi said:

Yeah I'm having more an issue with clean runs than like the actual strats haha, should I include the Practical Exams and Monster Quests? Or nah.

I'd say just stay with the main bosses and maybe some of the ones in the Practical Exams. I don't think the Monster Quests should be part of the "main" series of boss fights if you understand. You could just save the recording for those battles and keep them in a subcategory. 

1 hour ago, Raguna said:

I'd say just stay with the main bosses and maybe some of the ones in the Practical Exams. I don't think the Monster Quests should be part of the "main" series of boss fights if you understand. You could just save the recording for those battles and keep them in a subcategory. 

Noted also Boss #3 

The First of many practical exams, this guy is a magical powerhouse and if you let him he will do Grand Press, Rean & Gaius can barely survive but Elliot will croak, do your usual buffs and pray Reans turn comes up while the thing is casting, Gaius's role is to keep its attention and counter him while doing Link Attacks with Rean. The Swordtail Emblem is good for extra Str & HP which is usually best on Rean or Laura throughout the game.

4 hours ago, Rixia Mao said:

>juices

Anyway, I think this thing can be helpful to many people. Maybe speedrun, not sure, but it sounds like a good strat ahaha.

Yes the almighty Juice. 

Speedrunning might benefit from a few of my later strats like I have a particularly nasty trick vs C when you have Angelica.

On 8/4/2017 at 3:29 AM, Jedi said:

Yeah I think you'll really like it overall, hows 3rd going?

can't wait! on chapter 2 in 3rd. been pretty busy but im gonna try to finish before mania as well

On 8/6/2017 at 0:45 PM, ίce said:

can't wait! on chapter 2 in 3rd. been pretty busy but im gonna try to finish before mania as well

Right, Mania is later this month too, good lord. 

Boss 4 is actually kind of a pain in the ass 

The boss guide continues 

Spread out your characters, make sure Laura or Alisa has Anti Confusion, have Rean do motivate and arc slash, have Laura do Armor Breakers with some Str buffs, have Alisa spam some Demonic Scythe and keep Rean & Laura cp'd up, have Elliot do his usual stuff, and you'll be golden, also make sure Laura can S-craft the crap out of someone.