Who Did You Reclass?

so now that I'm about finished with my hard mode playthrough, so I was wondering who did you give the pitchfork to who and what class did you make them

so far I made Clive into an archer, which made him a bit more useful, though I should have made him a merc so I could use the dread fighter loop

and I've made Valbar into a dread fighter, and MY GOD is he a tank, he had the high defense and attack from when he was a barron and he's definitly going on my team into Thabes

I've done Dread Fighter Lukas/Forsyth/Valbar (with Lukas/Forsyth being promoted to Knight before being turned into Villagers). I have to say, having high HP, Attack, Speed, and Defense on the same unit (along with magic damage being reduced by more than half due to the Dread Fighter's skills) practically made them invincible one man armies (only Duma and high level magic casters were able to pose a thread to them).

I've also done Mage/Sage Conrad, due to him having a strangely large spell list. I have to say, for in-game efficiency, it probably isn't a good idea, but for post-game, he'd definitely make for an awesome spellcaster.

There's also Dread Fighter Clive, who I listed separately from the armor knights due to him not being an armor knight. He actually turned out quite nicely. Just the high base speed from the Mercenary line/promotions was enough to make him a reliable unit, since his HP and Attack is really complemented well with good speed.

• 2 weeks later...

I gave one to Python and sent him down the Dread Fighter line before turning him into a Baron. I sent Valbar down the Gold Knight path And he's far better for it. I think I gave my last one to one of the Cipher characters,  I turned the priestess (Can't recall the name) into a Falcon Knight. Though I should have saved it for either Mycen or Nomah as Nomah isn't that good and frail as tin foil and Mycen is trash.

I'm trying Forsyth as an Archer. Kliff is currently wielding a 2* Silver Bow (it'll be a Killer when I get the marks) and Forsyth a vanilla Iron Bow and Forsyth is still outdamaging Kliff. I kind of want to have one wield the Blessed Bow for economy, but I'm not sure which. Kliff so Forsyth becomes a one man destruction machine, or Forsyth so their power remains somewhat equivalent.

(Also, Kliff is a Sniper in this scenario, while Forsyth is still an archer.)

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Emperor Hardin said:

* Mycen or Nomah: You wanna see their caps.

* Conrad: You're going to abuse his high resistance growth with shards.

You know, I was thinking these 3 would be good candidates for reclasses. I didn't do any reclassing for my first run, but when I play on Hard I definitely plan to use the Pitchforks.

To add my own choice, I would go with Valbar as a reclasses character. While I like him as a tank for Celica's route, I feel he could benefit from a Pitchfork. Not sure if I would make him a Knight again or go the Dread Fighter loop route though.

Otherwise, I'd definitely reclass Nomah. While good for back up healing, he was the one unit who fell flat for me.

1 hour ago, The Unlikely Knight said:

You know, I was thinking these 3 would be good candidates for reclasses. I didn't do any reclassing for my first run, but when I play on Hard I definitely plan to use the Pitchforks.

To add my own choice, I would go with Valbar as a reclasses character. While I like him as a tank for Celica's route, I feel he could benefit from a Pitchfork. Not sure if I would make him a Knight again or go the Dread Fighter loop route though.

Otherwise, I'd definitely reclass Nomah. While good for back up healing, he was the one unit who fell flat for me.

Make him Dread Fighter is best. 

You can also do the loop and make him a Gold Knight.

8 minutes ago, Lady Sansa said:

I love how people waste their forks on garbage units or units who can already reclass.

Fans may have favorites for story/character reasons and thus want to see their favorite character be used, I think.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

1 hour ago, Lady Sansa said:

I love how people waste their forks on garbage units or units who can already reclass.

Because of course, the only reason somebody would ever use or allocate special resources to a character is because they're good.
Of course.

...Anyway, I only ever used one on Conrad to check out his special Nomah clone spell list as a Sage. Not sure who else I wanna use them on, though, honestly. I would use one on Clair, because I love her, but the limited promotion options for female Villagers combined with Conrad being the only non-magical or Villager-accessing character to have access to any non-generic spell list in either magical class line really makes giving Pitchforks to the girls of SoV kind of a huge, underwhelming bummer, honestly.

• 2 months later...

I've tried it on Mycean, Clive, Forsyth (I wanted to make him a Gold Knight), Lukas (same reason as Forsyth) in most cases I put them into mercenary and then made them a Gold Knight. I would like to get the Cypher characters sometime and make them all Gold knights except Emma and that Cavalier with green hair I forget his name. On my current playthrough I have made Nomah a mercenary and plan on using the other two on Mycean and Valibar. Valibar I really like him but I think the four movement really hurts him so I'll make him a Gold Knight which will probably allow his strengths of Str and def to shine but I can get him where I want him.

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Pegasus Mae for Blitzkreig, I'm not sure if she was blessed in Atk, but she turned out absolutely bonkers, Palla honestly couldn't even compare.

I also made Boey an archer just so i could actually use him, then i realized i only had one bow between him and Leon until the Desert Fort since I didn't want to use Inner Sanctum.

On 5/19/2020 at 11:15 PM, Stef said:

I would make a whole team composed of just oliphantiers with killer bows.

You'd still need a dread fighter or two to tank magic, plus a healer. Not to mention the trouble you would have against Barons...

Edited by Fraven Pooth

• 1 month later...
On 8/4/2020 at 1:35 PM, Fraven Pooth said:

You'd still need a dread fighter or two to tank magic, plus a healer. Not to mention the trouble you would have against Barons...

What's funny is, I've found Bow Knights better than Dread Fighters for luring magic enemies. While they take more damage, Bow Knights can actually counter-attack, and possibly kill the mage in question. Bow Knight Boey was one of my favorites to use in this way, as he had a good enough Res and Speed to handle enemy Witches and Arcanists quite comfortably.

As for Barons, yeah those could be an obstacle. You'll definitely want a Sage, Priestess, or Gold Knight with Armorcrush.

On 10/2/2020 at 1:34 AM, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

What's funny is, I've found Bow Knights better than Dread Fighters for luring magic enemies. While they take more damage, Bow Knights can actually counter-attack, and possibly kill the mage in question. Bow Knight Boey was one of my favorites to use in this way, as he had a good enough Res and Speed to handle enemy Witches and Arcanists quite comfortably.

As for Barons, yeah those could be an obstacle. You'll definitely want a Sage, Priestess, or Gold Knight with Armorcrush.

That's true, my only counterpoint would be that Bow Knights have to be a lot more careful to not get piled, and when they kill on EP, they may have to take even more attacks. Hunter's Volley costs them a noticeable amount at 8 HP per use, and they're more liable to be doubled.

Edited by Fraven Pooth