Some one made an actual real life Armorslayer!

Harvey

3 minutes ago, MadJak91 said:

Now that we have a real life Armorslayer, how is it uh, effective on heavy armor?

Maybe the spikes on the tip of the blade, rip through armor on certain spots on the suit? I'm not sure.

3 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:
8 minutes ago, MadJak91 said:

Maybe the spikes on the tip of the blade, rip through armor on certain spots on the suit? I'm not sure.

That was discussed in the video as an option, so I can see it.

It's still a pretty heavy sword as well, which would help because a good swing with it will hurt, and the assumption is that the heavy armour would slow them down.

That was awesome! I learned a few things from it too!

That guy in the green shirt has a bit of a pot belly lol. But he gets to swing a sword at something, so I'd like to be him.

That was really cool it is fun to see weapons from FE in real life and I really liked his in depth talk about the blade being used and how it would work in a real fight.

Yeah; I watch his Youtube channel. He previously did a number of videos talking about why certain fantasy weapons were or weren't practical. It's interesting to see a practical recreation of a fantasy weapon, and the name armorslayer is well deserved (though it probably wouldn't be very good against plate armour).

I wonder what other distinct FE weapons could be made into practical weapons? The Levin Sword?

On 8/10/2017 at 10:30 PM, vanguard333 said:

Yeah; I watch his Youtube channel. He previously did a number of videos talking about why certain fantasy weapons were or weren't practical. It's interesting to see a practical recreation of a fantasy weapon, and the name armorslayer is well deserved (though it probably wouldn't be very good against plate armour).

I wonder what other distinct FE weapons could be made into practical weapons? The Levin Sword?

Levin Sword would only be practical if you hook it up to a car battery XD

So uh, could we use the weight of this to gauge how much one point of con is theoretically worth?

Edited by Jotari

13 hours ago, UNLEASH IT said:

Wouldn't an armorslayer just be a really heavy bashing sword?

Not really. Swords are a bad idea against plate armour, and the person who made this video has also made a number of videos on why a "heavy bashing sword" is a bad idea. Basically if it's too heavy it will drag the wielder around by its own momentum, and even then would only scratch plate armour. Swords are not designed for "bashing"; that is a task suited for war hammers and maces. If you wanted to beat plate armour with a sword, there were two things one could do: thrust the blade into gaps in the armour, or grip the blade with both hands and strike the opponent with the pommel or crossguard like an improvised war hammer/mace.

This armorslayer is the weight of two arming swords and, as he said, is good against anything except plate armour.

Edited by vanguard333

But doesn't that weapon stay stuck in the armor/flesh and render the user vulnerable to attacks, ultimately being very impractical?

... I know, it isn't supposed to be taken seriously. I'm just curious.

On 8/17/2017 at 9:37 PM, Rapier said:

But doesn't that weapon stay stuck in the armor/flesh and render the user vulnerable to attacks, ultimately being very impractical?

... I know, it isn't supposed to be taken seriously. I'm just curious.

Not that hard to pull a sword out of a flesh cut, it would only take maybe half a second more than a normal longsword. Also it's not designed to cut through armor, any good plate armor will be highly resistant to cuts and stabs. If you, however, go through something like Gambeson or the armor in the testing video above you'll see it's not that hard for the sword to come out of flesh and fabric tears.