Can somebody tell me the appeal of this game?

Køkø

8 hours ago, Rapier said:

It's F2P if you just do the main missions and some paralogues, but after sinking deeper into Arena, Tempest Trials and challenge modes, if you don't have a good team of SI units you're wasted (whereas if you do, the game becomes easy). That is, unless you are Light, Lelouch or dondon (in which case you shouldn't need to do any grinding. A team of level 1 Alphonse/Sharena/Anna/Virion would be enough to break the game). Getting a good team of SI units requires money or 10x the effort/time you'd take if you paid IS for orbs. F2P players can hardly hope to get even close to the meta game.

That said, I still find it fun (when IS isn't inventing new ways to screw with emulator users with each passing week). The "appeal" is pretty much being a fun FE game with the same formula I know and love + mixing my favorite units together to tackle on challenges. The art is also good.

Getting a good team of SI'ed units is pretty doable, even for F2P players. It takes a bit longer to get started, sure, but as you said yourself, getting good units is very doable. A lot of good SI fodder isn't that rare (Hinata and Lon'que offer Fury 3 and vantage 3 respectively at 4* and they are obtainable at 3* level), so it's not that hard to get started there either.

I'm personaly F2P and bouncing between tier 19 and 20 in the arena. I only used a 5* for SI twice, and neither was for a unit I'm using in the arena. I could even be obtaining way higher scores if I would have spend my feathers on getting a 5*+2 Nino or 4*+10 Olivia, but instead I'm using those feathers to promote more different units, since I feel that will make the game more fun. I can also easily clear Lunatic -7 TT, so your argument about F2P players not being able to compete in the meta is pretty wrong (unless you're only talking about tier 20 in the arena or maybe scoring in the top 1k in TT (which might even be possible for F2P)). For the record, I know several other F2P players who can at least promote from tier 18 in the arena as well.

I find this game to be very nice to F2P players, as you can clear every quest and get every reward without paying anything. You can't obtain every single unit in the game without whaling (you could get any, but not every), but saving up orbs and praying you get your favorite characters makes it all the more rewarding when they show up.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also think the game is doable for f2p users.
With some lucky draws and if you have the game since the beginning it is even possible to get into Arena Tier 20.
But that's it in Tier 20 it's time to lay back, or are there f2p player here who could even stand in Tier 20? D= 
The interesting part for me as one who is a f2p player is that I have limited resources and have to life with what I draw, that's an experiences of it's own.

Edited by Stroud

12 hours ago, Rapier said:

It's F2P if you just do the main missions and some paralogues, but after sinking deeper into Arena, Tempest Trials and challenge modes, if you don't have a good team of SI units you're wasted (whereas if you do, the game becomes easy). That is, unless you are Light, Lelouch or dondon (in which case you shouldn't need to do any grinding. A team of level 1 Alphonse/Sharena/Anna/Virion would be enough to break the game). Getting a good team of SI units requires money or 10x the effort/time you'd take if you paid IS for orbs. F2P players can hardly hope to get even close to the meta game.

11 hours ago, Rapier said:

Getting enough Hero Feathers for the task is very hard when you are F2P. Most of those skills come from units that are easy to get, but are mostly also 5* locked. That means 20K feathers go down the drain for each one. If you want a team of 5* free units, it takes 80K feathers + 20K feathers for each unit you wish to sacrifice for SI.

Tier lists and some recommended builds give an irrealist vision of what good "SI" you need to be competitive. You can budget build very efficient competitve teams for arena, arena assault, squad assault, tempest etc.

I'm F2P and been consistently bouncing between tier 19 and tier 20 (aka shy of remaining in tier 20 all the time where the true creme de la creme of the meta remains which is basically whale tier), doing pretty well in arena assault so far and completing all challenges easily enough (the only reason I only got to 60k points on both first Tempests is not being able to endure more of the grind than that).

According to you that makes me Lelouch???

10 hours ago, salinea said:

Tier lists and some recommended builds give an irrealist vision of what good "SI" you need to be competitive. You can budget build very efficient competitve teams for arena, arena assault, squad assault, tempest etc.

I'm F2P and been consistently bouncing between tier 19 and tier 20 (aka shy of remaining in tier 20 all the time where the true creme de la creme of the meta remains which is basically whale tier), doing pretty well in arena assault so far and completing all challenges easily enough (the only reason I only got to 60k points on both first Tempests is not being able to endure more of the grind than that).

According to you that makes me Lelouch???

You pretty much are. You (and every player out there) turned the Order of Heroes from a ragtag liberation group of 2* nobodies into an elite army fighting off the empire.

8 minutes ago, XRay said:

You pretty much are. You (and every player out there) turned the Order of Heroes from a ragtag liberation group of 2* nobodies into an elite army fighting off the empire.

Does that mean that I (and every player out there) are secretly Embla royal princes? Because that would put an additional twist on all that Zacharias and Bruno bs :)

Edited by salinea

Just now, salinea said:

Does that mean that I (and every player out there) are secretly Embla royal princes? Because that would put an additional twist on all that Zacharias and Brune bs :)

:O

I never thought about that before. That would be pretty awesome. It will certainly spice up the story a lot.

7 minutes ago, salinea said:

Does that mean that I (and every player out there) are secretly Embla royal princes? Because that would put an additional twist on all that Zacharias and Brune bs :)

Bravely Spoilers!:

Spoiler

Every individual player is a summoner in separate parallel world. The story's conclusion will feature a villain who will begin to delete all the worlds on your friend's list (or random players if you have none), and will then delete all your FEH data, everything

However, with the help of other players, the Order of Heroes will intervene just in time and avert the data deletion. Together, summoners from the Heroes multiverse who summon classic FE Heroes from the multiverse, will unite in multiversity and using that power vanquish the true villain altogether at once! 

The game shall then end on a cliffhanger for Part 2, which will end on a cliffhanger for Part 3, which will not be made for the foreseeable future.