Dusk!Lycanroc revealed for Ultra Sun&Ultra Moon

Armagon

So Lycanroc got a new form in Ultra Sun&Ultra Moon

Thoughts? Personally, the new form is nice and all but it looks too much like a Midday!Lycanroc that's just been recolored. I don't know if this is enough incentive for me to buy the game. I love Sun&Moon but i'm only buying Ultra if it's different enough and not an AU version of the game......and it's totally shaping up to be an AU version so far.

Edited by Armagon

Fucking lazy design

I'm really interested in its competitive prospect but the problem remains: Midnight Lycanroc had the better structure, while Mid-day Lycanroc have better stats. So far they took Mid-day as their structure so lmao

Lets hope Dusk Lycan had No guard as its ability

3 hours ago, Water Mage said:

It does seems like Midday!Lycanroc at first, but if you look it from a different side, it shows that it has Midnight!Lycanroc's mane, so it seems to be a mix of the two designs.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/282/390/1e6.png

Best form by default then.

The Midnight Lycanroc was such a missed opportunity, it's slow as molasses, like 99% of the new Pokés.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I wonder how you get this form though?

Apparently, it's not obtained through regular gameplay, so it'll likely be some special event. It was revealed that Ash's Rockruff will evolve into Dusk!Lycanroc in the anime, so they might give out this form through a special demo like Ash-Greninja was.

Just now, Armagon said:

Apparently, it's not obtained through regular gameplay, so it'll likely be some special event. It was revealed that Ash's Rockruff will evolve into Dusk!Lycanroc in the anime, so they might give out this form through a special demo like Ash-Greninja was.

Well that's weird. Ash gets to evolve a Rockruff into that form, but there's no way for us to. :/ Oh well... I actually think it's prettier than midday Lycanroc (and I never liked midnight Lycanroc).

LOL I don't care what's their excuse, they could at least give a new model instead of recolouring and adding a few details on Midday...

I'm very "meh" to it.  I like Lycanroc, but this isn't much news outside of changing Lycanroc's coloring and details a bit.  It's kinda sad that they hyped up Sun/Moon really well, but we haven't gotten much in terms of Ultra Sun/Moon.  But I'm still excited, 'cause I like Alola.

Reading it it sounds more like it's a limited time distribution via in-game mystery gift like Munchlax and Torchic in the past.

From the website: http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/secrets-of-lycanroc-dusk-form-revealed/

"Players will be able to receive a special Rockruff that can evolve into Dusk Form Lycanroc via Nintendo Network from Friday, November 17, 2017, until Wednesday, January 10, 2018. "

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But I'm also reading that it's an early purchase bonus. Both the website and Twitter says this. So I guess it's both for some reason?

I think they also considered the munchlax an early purchase bonus. I think it just means, you bought the game around release time, instead of a year later or when it goes down in price (which is never cause nintendo)

15 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

I think they also considered the munchlax an early purchase bonus. I think it just means, you bought the game around release time, instead of a year later or when it goes down in price (which is never cause nintendo)

Oh, okay. I guess a preorder isn't needed then. :P

And once again, Game Freak is at it with it's limited-time only event bullshit. Except this time, i feel that Dusk!Lycanroc absoultely does NOT need it. Why couldn't we get Dusk!Lycanroc normally through gameplay? Why does it have to be a Goddamn Event? What's so hard about just giving Rockruff a normal new method to evolve into Dusk!Lycanroc?

Sorry for the rant. I love Pokemon, but if you asked me to name one thing i hate about it, it's the limited-time events, especially now that Game Freak is getting shameless with them. I mean, locking Mega Stones behind events was just terrible.

17 hours ago, Armagon said:

And once again, Game Freak is at it with it's limited-time only event bullshit. Except this time, i feel that Dusk!Lycanroc absoultely does NOT need it. Why couldn't we get Dusk!Lycanroc normally through gameplay? Why does it have to be a Goddamn Event? What's so hard about just giving Rockruff a normal new method to evolve into Dusk!Lycanroc?

Sorry for the rant. I love Pokemon, but if you asked me to name one thing i hate about it, it's the limited-time events, especially now that Game Freak is getting shameless with them. I mean, locking Mega Stones behind events was just terrible.

Serious question : Would you rather want it to be a paid DLC, but always available ?

At least, it's available through Mystery Gift. Just a small bonus for those buying it early (which hardcore fans would do anyway). You can even wait to have it for Christmas. And at least, you don't have to go through a certain specific location (like GameStop, or Toys R US).

That's the price we have to pay in exchange of not having to give away money. This is rare enough in the industry, so I'm not really OK with complaining about it.

On 06/08/2017 at 5:26 AM, Skynstein said:

Best form by default then.

The Midnight Lycanroc was such a missed opportunity, it's slow as molasses, like 99% of the new Pokés.

Actually,  it isn't that slow,which ironically makes it even worse (he may be OK for a normal playthrough, though). 82 Spe is too slow for normal gameplay, but far too fast for Trick Room. If he had exchange 30 points of Speed, for 10 more in HP, Def, SpD (making it a bulk of 95/85/85., with 52 Spe), he would have been better.

As for Dusk Lycanrock, his official portrait is far better than his ingame model (you really can see both influences here).
He have access to Tough Claws, which, comming for (at least) 115 Atk, can hurt quite a bit, and if he have at least 97 Spe (the average between the 2 forms.), he can be quite descent. ...If he can have a better movepool, that is.

I have mixed feelings.

On one hand, I’m happy that I don’t have to actually preorder Ultra Sun to get Dusk Lycanroc, but on the other I’m dreading that Dusk Lycanroc is somehow going to be better than both Day and Night form.  Dusk Lycanroc would’ve been a lot less of an annoying reveal for me if it was simply a new form specific to Ultra Sun and Moon that any Rockruff could evolve into, and simply had a more specific evolution requirement than usual like Sliggoo or Inkay.

Edited by Spoiler Alert
Changed some words.

8 hours ago, Tamanoir said:

Serious question : Would you rather want it to be a paid DLC, but always available ?

I would rather have it be free and always available. They did it for Magearna and some of the Mega Stones. But now, they are going back to the "limited-time only" bullshit. It screws people out of getting Dusk!Lycanroc if they just happened to get the game late. Especially if Dusk!Lycanroc ends up being better than the other two Lycanroc.

I remember years back, i got Pokemon White for Christmas, but it was already too late for me to get Victini. A kind soul traded me one a year later but still, it wasn't fun getting locked out of obtaining a Pokemon i really wanted.

8 hours ago, Tamanoir said:

As for Dusk Lycanrock, his official portrait is far better than his ingame model (you really can see both influences here).
He have access to Tough Claws, which, comming for (at least) 115 Atk, can hurt quite a bit, and if he have at least 97 Spe (the average between the 2 forms.), he can be quite descent. ...If he can have a better movepool, that is.

Dusk!Lycanroc also seems to combine the two movepools as well. So even if it's slow, it's still at least got Accelrock.

I'm not anywhere close to being a competitive Pokemon player so Aceelrock may be shit and i wouldn't know.

With Tough Claws and STAB, Accelrock has 72 BP, plus it's coming off of a likely 115 attack stat with 252 attack investment, (add in life orb or choice band) Not to mention, rock hitting fire, flying, ice, and bug pretty hard, with neutral on everything else that isn't fighting, ground, or steel. And, you know. Priority.

Plus, maybe it gets off Swords Dance.

Edited by Dai

On 12/08/2017 at 4:30 AM, Tamanoir said:

At least, it's available through Mystery Gift. Just a small bonus for those buying it early (which hardcore fans would do anyway). You can even wait to have it for Christmas. And at least, you don't have to go through a certain specific location (like GameStop, or Toys R US).

That's the price we have to pay in exchange of not having to give away money. This is rare enough in the industry, so I'm not really OK with complaining about it.

There is better ways of doing purchase bonuses though. The special munchlax was pretty good, because other than a z-move, you are not really going to be missing much if you don't get it. Dusk!Lycanroc is different, in the sense that it is a unique form with presumably different playstyle from the others and making it so restricted is kind of a douch-y move.

Part of the reason people complain as well, is that Gamefreak has done many cases where certain events are there to stay, forever possibly. Like getting the Eon Ticket through Spotpass, getting Magearna through QR code, or even Ash-Greninja (though that one depends on how long the demo is on the e-shop, or how long the e-shop lasts) so there really is no reason to keep special and unique forms be limited time only. 

Timed events seem like a way to force players to engage with the games more when they would rather not, the stress being on force. P terrible idea, and I do agree Lycanroc's new forme should've been available normally. It sounds like it would be really enjoyable to use too.

We have no idea what Lycanroc's stats are, do we?