International Cat Day

YUS CAT THREAD

I have two cats. Unfortunately one of them is so dark and derpy that he's really hard to photograph. This is probably the best photo of him ever.

JU9Hso7.jpg

And my other is mentally unstable and incredibly stupid. I've also added a photo of me being mean to him but he doesn't even care.

Zd7OLns.jpg   pfi7vub.jpg

Edited by Natalie

Well I don't have any good photos of my cat since she hates having her picture taken more then I do and is always glaring in any picture I try to take of her.  Anyway her name is Cleo she is a short haired black cat with light green eyes and is my first cat, she is a barn cat and is pretty good at catching mice.

Edited by EricaofRenais

I have this cat.

nLN5Tk8.jpg

I've had like 20 different cats over the years.  I had one that lived to be 20.  This one is 17, I think.  Most of my cats, I've gotten as adults.

I never thought I would own a cat. They're cute, but I don't trust them. One day, however, a coworker brought in the cutest kitten I had ever seen:

16729415_1790721797918877_73790352439686

I apologize for how large the picture is.

She was found with her paw frozen to a truck one day. Between needing to leave for work and no animal shelter/animal control wanting to take her (jurisdiction issues or just plain being Sunday), my coworker and her sister decided to bring the kitten to work. She had no tag or other identification, but was too pretty to be a stray. They named her Selena.

At the end of the day, all attempts to find a home for Selena had failed; I decided to take her home with me. She soon lost one of her hind paws due to the frostbite she suffered that day, but it doesn't seem to bother her when she runs. I can't help but feel awful when she tries to scratch herself with that leg, though. She warmed up to me fairly quickly and she is rather social for a cat...once she gets to know you. She hides from people she isn't familiar with.

I've had Selena for over a year and a half now. She and my dog Hunter have mostly settled their territory war (that was fun to watch). I'm still a puppy supremacist.

Edited by Phazon Archon

Here is my fat cat Lizzy, who may or may not have fleas:

Spoiler

HNI_0049.JPG.2bf8857dbed077cf04aaecd508cc6fe5.JPG

She used to be active and timid, but now she's... old and fat. The most active she tends to be nowadays is simply looking for places to sleep. She's also quite grumpy.

And yes, that's a Hitler mustache.

@ Natalie  I never had a psychical unstable cat I guess. Nevertheless nice to see that you treat them well. Sometimes you just to have to kick their ass if the behave like jerks.     
@ Rezzy   The true definiton of cat eyes. 
@ Phazon   Wow, she has big eyes for her size.
@ Rex Glacies   Nah, she looks alright. I have one who looks a lot fatter than her. Also that mustache. ^^ 
@ Ercdouken   Heh, I remember on your cat and this image. Still loving it.

A big hugs from me to them.

I forgot to introduced my cat in my OP.
It's Olivier, named after the character in the Legend of Heroes game series a couple of day ago.
He likes clothes, especially shoes. He always tries to lay next to my shoes. There was a time where he was petted at home but I kicked him out when he shitted on my bed. I'll never ever forget this event...

Also here's an other cat

Spoiler

KbrjRDk.png

Roy, named after the FE6 protagonist, is obsessed with me. Whenever I leave the front door, he'll chase me just to get huggled. As much as I love him, he goes on my nerves sometimes  because I have other things to do than to care of him. Whenever he feels ignored, he will protest by meowing loudly and walking around my legs. He really needs a family who's able to care of him for 24h.

Edited by Reimu Hakurei

7 hours ago, Reimu Hakurei said:

@ Natalie  I never had a psychical unstable cat I guess. Nevertheless nice to see that you treat them well. Sometimes you just to have to kick their ass if the behave like jerks.   

I forgot to say that the black one is Jiji and the pale ginger is Calcifer (named after Ghibli characters).

It's more that he's lacking in intelligence than anything I think. He attacks anything that moves (or isn't moving when he's feeling particularly crazy), but he's an absolute darling and cuddles all the time. He's also too stupid to realise that other cats don't like him, to the extent that he's been bitten so many times and cost so much in vet bills. He's got so many scars from puncture wounds.

14 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I have this cat.

Cardboard boxes are a cat's perfect habitat. 

12 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

Here is my fat cat Lizzy, who may or may not have fleas:

Reveal hidden contents

HNI_0049.JPG.2bf8857dbed077cf04aaecd508cc6fe5.JPG

She used to be active and timid, but now she's... old and fat. The most active she tends to be nowadays is simply looking for places to sleep. She's also quite grumpy.

And yes, that's a Hitler mustache.

Wow she looks fabulous.

So I thought I might as well share it here.

Last year, I had a vacation in Greece and I soon noticed that there really are a lot of stray cats roaming the streets there. At the request of my good friend @Koneko I took pictures of every one that I could take a picture of.

Here is the result. Note that these pictures often had to be taken in a hurry (and some cats like to run away too), so they're not always of great quality (there's a few where even I can't spot the cats). (There's also a few ancient Greek depictions of turtles in there because I thought they were adorable.)

7 hours ago, Natalie said:

Cardboard boxes are a cat's perfect habitat. 

Spoiler

rFjZtnF.jpg

32 minutes ago, Hattusili I said:

So I thought I might as well share it here.

Last year, I had a vacation in Greece and I soon noticed that there really are a lot of stray cats roaming the streets there. At the request of my good friend @Koneko I took pictures of every one that I could take a picture of.

Here is the result. Note that these pictures often had to be taken in a hurry (and some cats like to run away too), so they're not always of great quality (there's a few where even I can't spot the cats). (There's also a few ancient Greek depictions of turtles in there because I thought they were adorable.)

Reveal hidden contents

rFjZtnF.jpg

I love all these cats! Come again in Greece, I should also post my cat at some point.

8 hours ago, Reimu Hakurei said:

South East Europe has many straying cats and dogs in cities. Unfortunately some of them are sick and fight for survival.

Sad. Though as an interesting tidbit, I heard in Russia the stray dogs have learned how to ride the subway. They know which ones will take them to tourist-heavy areas in the day so they can beg for food, and which ones will take them back to the outskirts of St. Petersburg and Moscow for sleeping at night.