Cordelia Gameplay Trailer

Jedi

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I don't know either, honestly. And yeah, good question.

I like the trailer anyway, though, even if it pisses me off that Frederick was skipped over for this and still has about zero things shown for him.

In Hyrule Warriors, each weapon had a different elemental affinity (and with the DLC in Legends, you could get weapon variants with two elements). If your weapon had an element your opponent was weak to (such as Darkness element versus Link or Fire element versus Agitha), you dealt increased damage. I have no idea how they're going to reconcile that system with the weapon triangle and not make it an absolute mess of effectiveness. And we still haven't gotten into effective weaponry.

I'd gladly trade, even as a pegasus fan. I've no idea whether I'm excited about this moveset. It's just so slow...

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, phineas81707 said:

In Hyrule Warriors, each weapon had a different elemental affinity (and with the DLC in Legends, you could get weapon variants with two elements). If your weapon had an element your opponent was weak to (such as Darkness element versus Link or Fire element versus Agitha), you dealt increased damage. I have no idea how they're going to reconcile that system with the weapon triangle and not make it an absolute mess of effectiveness. And we still haven't gotten into effective weaponry.

I'd gladly trade, even as a pegasus fan. I've no idea whether I'm excited about this moveset. It's just so slow...

Oh, that. I remember that in HW. But yeah, I don't know how it'd work here.

It does seem a bit slow. I mean, if it was Frederick, it'd make more sense because he's always been slowish, but this is a Peg knight...they're known for speed.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It does seem a bit slow. I mean, if it was Frederick, it'd make more sense because he's always been slowish, but this is a Peg knight...they're known for speed.

Now that we have a pegasus knight at all, I'm becoming acutely aware that they really were my key to any potential enjoyment... and, you know, this isn't helping.

At least I don't care about the reputation of what's-her-name riding the thing.

6 minutes ago, Thane said:

Yeah? Well, I'm telling Azura and Celica on you.

You fool, she's already in the troupe. She's the first member.

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Now that we have a pegasus knight at all, I'm becoming acutely aware that they really were my key to any potential enjoyment... and, you know, this isn't helping.

At least I don't care about the reputation of what's-her-name riding the thing.

I don't see the problem with her swings. They're on par with the general melee speed in Warriors games. She even has a rapid thrust move.

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, that. I remember that in HW. But yeah, I don't know how it'd work here.

It's highly likely that elements are just gonna be activated perks/status effects like they are in most other Warriors games.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I don't see the problem with her swings. They're on par with the general melee speed in Warriors games. She even has a rapid thrust move.

...Hm, I guess... maybe I'm just remembering Hasty Attacks a bit more than I thought.

Or it's her special animations. I'm sure the HW equivalents were not that long.

4 minutes ago, Folt said:

It's highly likely that elements are just gonna be activated perks/status effects like they are in most other Warriors games.

Oh, okay.

Just...Koei, come on, give us Frederick fans a trailer already... He's not the most popular, but he's far from being unpopular too. Plenty of people would be happy to see him, and I also bet some people who were indifferent to him would gain interest!

Honestly, I was believing he was rather high priority when he was revealed so soon. I can only hope that whatever bugs or whatever prevented him from being playable in that demo are still being worked out and that he was meant to be shown more already.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

...Hm, I guess... maybe I'm just remembering Hasty Attacks a bit more than I thought.

Or it's her special animations. I'm sure the HW equivalents were not that long.

Actually, maybe if we get more pegs in the game, there'd be different styles? Cordelia seems to have a balance between speed and crowd-clearing, so perhaps we'd get someone who focuses on speed more than the other aspect. Probably Caeda.

Yeah, specials in general are really long in this game, almost too long tbh. She doesn't attack fast in them either.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

I thought she would be a more complicated character to play as, but she looks pretty simple. I womder if she will use those Pegasus Knights that she summons to perfrom a Triangle Attack.

30 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Treehouse stream. FE 6-10 had affinities for support bonuses, so they seem to have just copied it on over from HW. Corrin and Xander are Darkness, Marth and the twins are Light, and every single dang Awakening rep is Thunder (Robin okay, Chrom I kinda get because TMS, but Lucina, Lissa, and Frederick?).

Though her Musous are all glowy, a lot of her attacks have clear wind effects.

Wait, Xander being Darkness affinity I get, but Corrin as well? Shouldn't she be Water or at least Ice? Or is it because female Corrin is seen as the "canon" Corrin for the Conquest route? If male Corrin appears, he could be Light as reference to Birthright. 

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, okay.

Just...Koei, come on, give us Frederick fans a trailer already... He's not the most popular, but he's far from being unpopular too. Plenty of people would be happy to see him, and I also bet some people who were indifferent to him would gain interest!

Honestly, I was believing he was rather high priority when he was revealed so soon. I can only hope that whatever bugs or whatever prevented him from being playable in that demo are still being worked out and that he was meant to be shown more already.

They probably showed a gameplay trailer for Cordelia because she likely isn't going to be featured in any demos. Frederick was featured as an opponent for the latest demo we had.

Or she's just going to be a minor character in terms of story mode.

7 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Wait, Xander being Darkness affinity I get, but Corrin as well? Shouldn't she be Water or at least Ice? Or is it because female Corrin is seen as the "canon" Corrin for the Conquest route? If male Corrin appears, he could be Light as reference to Birthright. 

Your guess is as good as any. Probably done because they wanted more protagonists with the element, as it seems like outside of Nohr it'll be a villain-only deal.

16 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

I thought she would be a more complicated character to play as, but she looks pretty simple.

Ehhh, to be real, there really aren't complicated characters in these kinds of games, unlike they have non-traditional weapons with tricky moves.

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Cordelia looking good, At the end there I thought she dismounted, would be interesting if she did. Also is it me, or  does Cordelia have pail skin or that was the way that Kozaki drew her?

If they're mounted, they stay mounted. That was covered early on.

Edit: oh yeah, that was just the victory animation. 

Edited by Arthur97

8 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Your guess is as good as any. Probably done because they wanted more protagonists with the element, as it seems like outside of Nohr it'll be a villain-only deal.

Probably moreso because only five elements tend to have properties worth a damn in this series: Fire, Thunder, Wind, Light, and Darkness. The rest will be implemented visually, but won't do anything special.

@Thane @SatsumaFSoysoy That "I thought this was America!" meme was a repeated scene from an episode of South Park where one of the parents kept getting into fights with other dads during their kids' ball games, and he'd be taken away by the cops while spouting that line with a drunken slur...

In other words, it has pretty much nothing to do with the constitution.  It's just a South Park character horribly bastardizing the meaning of freedom to the point where he uses "Murica" to justify beating up some guy during a children's baseball game.  Maybe the phrase originated elsewhere (though it likely was a movie or other TV show), but South Park has the power to spawn memes like that, and most who say that phrase are thinking of that very episode.

Ahem, anyway...  I'm gonna wait to watch this, like I tend to do with all of these trailers because they release too damn early for me.  Though hurray for news, I suppose!

17 minutes ago, Folt said:

They probably showed a gameplay trailer for Cordelia because she likely isn't going to be featured in any demos. Frederick was featured as an opponent for the latest demo we had.

Or she's just going to be a minor character in terms of story mode.

Except Frederick was defeated in all the demo videos so fast that we still got to see next to nothing of him. He also spent some time being stuck to Lissa's axe. But there are multiple possible reasons, true.

Edited by Anacybele

52 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Cordelia looking good, At the end there I thought she dismounted, would be interesting if she did. Also is it me, or  does Cordelia have pail skin or that was the way that Kozaki drew her?

For the most part, Cordelia usually appears as pale or fair skinned in most of her art work, merchandise, etc. I personally think she looks normal.

2 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

@Thane @SatsumaFSoysoy That "I thought this was America!" meme was a repeated scene from an episode of South Park where one of the parents kept getting into fights with other dads during their kids' ball games, and he'd be taken away by the cops while spouting that line with a drunken slur...

In other words, it has pretty much nothing to do with the constitution.  It's just a South Park character horribly bastardizing the meaning of freedom to the point where he uses "Murica" to justify beating up some guy during a children's baseball game.  Maybe the phrase originated elsewhere (though it likely was a movie or other TV show), but South Park has the power to spawn memes like that, and most who say that phrase are thinking of that very episode.

Lmao, good ol' South Park.

30 minutes ago, oh.glory said:

For the most part, Cordelia usually appears as pale or fair skinned in most of her art work, merchandise, etc. I personally think she looks normal.

I'll admit, I think she looks paler than her portrait on the website, but that could be lighting. 

3 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

My memory of Hyrule Warriors is a bit foggy... but were attacks always this slow?

Also, hm...

Most were pretty quick in Hyrule Warriors. SG Lana, Wizzro, and Durania all seemed really slow to me whenever I played them. Watching Cordelia's video, she might've traded speed for aoe, but she doesn't look any slower than Twili Midna.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Except Frederick was defeated in all the demo videos so fast that we still got to see next to nothing of him. He also spent some time being stuck to Lissa's axe. But there are multiple possible reasons, true.

I think it might your enthusiasm getting to me, but I'm a little bummed out that we haven't gotten a chance to see Frederick's movesets either. XD

21 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I'll admit, I think she looks paler than her portrait on the website, but that could be lighting. 

I think it's just the animation style, and/or the background is dark so it makes her skin seem even paler. Maybe she'll look normal in a grassy area.