Cordelia Gameplay Trailer

Jedi

9 hours ago, Folt said:

Aeralfos has a charge attack that makes them unflinchable, comes out fast enough that you need good reflexes to avoid damage, and deal decent damage + they love to dodge your attacks and was ting your time and are about as comboable as their grounded brethren  (i.e. they're some of the most difficult ones to combo).

It's common enough at higher difficulties to be a right pain and its properties make taking it down in one go a paints for a decent amount of characters on the OG version. King Dodongo is one of the most common giant bosses but stays down so long and takes some time to show it's WPG that very few characters/weapons can't empty it's WPG once you expose it.

Volga meanwhile is extremely cheeseable due to his A.I. because hitting him with a couple attacks in succession causes him to block - and then attempt his C1 which will expose his WPG, and entirely possible to keep him in a loop of blocking -> C1 -> repeat.

The thing is, outside of Super Saiyan aura shenanigans, Aeralfos are pretty easy kills since the Hookshot exposes their WPGs when they start flying. And frankly, I'd much rather hit ReDead Knights, Big Poes, and Lizalfos or Gibdos and IBPs for extra damage than Dinolfos and little else of note.

My comment on Argorok has more to do with the fact that when it comes to material farming, I seem to have much more limited options as to where to go than with other Giant Bosses.

WRT Volga, the issue is that the one move that you're liable to see with anything remotely resembling frequency that also exposes his WPG also leaves next to no time to capitalize (at least, when it comes to hitting him whilst his WPG is visible - not that his other WPG exposing moves are much better in that regard).

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

The thing is, outside of Super Saiyan aura shenanigans, Aeralfos are pretty easy kills since the Hookshot exposes their WPGs when they start flying. And frankly, I'd much rather hit ReDead Knights, Big Poes, and Lizalfos or Gibdos and IBPs for extra damage than Dinolfos and little else of note.

My comment on Argorok has more to do with the fact that when it comes to material farming, I seem to have much more limited options as to where to go than with other Giant Bosses.

WRT Volga, the issue is that the one move that you're liable to see with anything remotely resembling frequency that also exposes his WPG also leaves next to no time to capitalize (at least, when it comes to hitting him whilst his WPG is visible - not that his other WPG exposing moves are much better in that regard).

ReDead Knights and Big Poes are easy pickings because Redead Knights (and Gibdos for that matter) have so slow start-up times on their attacks. By contrast, Water doesn't hit Shield Moblins for super-effective damage, and those guys are extremely hard to combo and have ridiculous reach and speed for their size, making them arguably into the most dangerous enemy of the game. Lightning hits the Shield Moblin variant. It also hits the Dinolfos variant of the Lizalfos enemies and of course the Aeralfoses.

Probably because Argorok actually appears in more difficult missions which means they're more likely to be on par with your character.

Then it's simply a matter of getting the timing down. Two hits on a blocking Volga makes him do his WPG-exposing spear attack so literally just pay attention and you'll get it down.

16 hours ago, Deva Ashera said:

True, but they put Agitha from Twilight Princess in Hyrule Warriors and she was completely optional to even meet.

Not saying you don't make a good point, just saying.

This game is 3rd Person, like a lot of games (Zelda, Kingdom Hearts, etc) not first person like Halo, Call of Duty, etc.

Either way, I can't handle those type of games. I'm better at playing Platform games like Mario, Fire Emblem, Pokemon. Kinda where its more linear and less action. (Persona is an exception, but that's pretty Linear as well.)

11 hours ago, Folt said:

ReDead Knights and Big Poes are easy pickings because Redead Knights (and Gibdos for that matter) have so slow start-up times on their attacks. By contrast, Water doesn't hit Shield Moblins for super-effective damage, and those guys are extremely hard to combo and have ridiculous reach and speed for their size, making them arguably into the most dangerous enemy of the game. Lightning hits the Shield Moblin variant. It also hits the Dinolfos variant of the Lizalfos enemies and of course the Aeralfoses.

Probably because Argorok actually appears in more difficult missions which means they're more likely to be on par with your character.

Then it's simply a matter of getting the timing down. Two hits on a blocking Volga makes him do his WPG-exposing spear attack so literally just pay attention and you'll get it down.

I dunno about you, but I definitely hate being frozen by Gibdos and ReDead Knights, especially when I'm dealing with something else - how slow they are to attack doesn't matter if you're caught off guard. Also, they pretty much never, ever stagger unless you hit them while their WPG is showing. As for Big Poes, they just never stand still, and they tend to break your combos. Both of those annoy me far more than Aeralfos ever did.

Maybe, but it's still irritating since at least one of the characters I like to use the most needs Argorok drops for her badges.

Also, one other thing I've been calling into question is, just how many of the Lightning weapon users are good at keeping enemies juggled? Because you seem to hype the Lightning effect of added damage on enemies in the air, but the one character I can think of that is good at juggling (Medli) is NOT a Lightning weapon user.

38 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I dunno about you, but I definitely hate being frozen by Gibdos and ReDead Knights, especially when I'm dealing with something else - how slow they are to attack doesn't matter if you're caught off guard. Also, they pretty much never, ever stagger unless you hit them while their WPG is showing. As for Big Poes, they just never stand still, and they tend to break your combos. Both of those annoy me far more than Aeralfos ever did.

Maybe, but it's still irritating since at least one of the characters I like to use the most needs Argorok drops for her badges.

Also, one other thing I've been calling into question is, just how many of the Lightning weapon users are good at keeping enemies juggled? Because you seem to hype the Lightning effect of added damage on enemies in the air, but the one character I can think of that is good at juggling (Medli) is NOT a Lightning weapon user.

Lightning's special property is to slow down enemy fall speed. 

10 hours ago, Zepler said:

Either way, I can't handle those type of games. I'm better at playing Platform games like Mario, Fire Emblem, Pokemon. Kinda where its more linear and less action. (Persona is an exception, but that's pretty Linear as well.)

Mario is a platformer, Fire Emblem is Strategy RPG, Pokémon and Persona are RPGs.

Warriors games are Beat Em Up Action games.

I can understand though, everyone has games they aren't good at..like I'm not good at Shooters or Puzzle games.

Hopefully you be able to at least try Fire Emblem Warriors sometime to see if you like it. Everyone has that one off exception, like I'm good at Metroid Prime 1-3 on Wii.

4 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

How in the hell are you caught off guard by Gibdos and Redeads? It's piss easy to see time your dodges to their attacks. They're pretty much only dangerous if grouped with other officers, but that applies for very many officer-types in this game (Mini Imprisoned, Lizalfos/Dinolfos, Aeralfos/Fiery Aeralfos, and Moblin/Shield Moblin are the only ones who are remotely annoying/dangerous when faced on their own). Big Poes (and the Icy Variant for that case) are some of the easiest HW officers to combo because they recover extremely slowly when tossed into the air.

And Argorok appearing less in Adventure Mode has nothing to do with how difficult it is to bring him down and initiate WPSes on him.

Gauntlets, Spinner, Picture Frame, etc. have combos that definitely keep enemies airborne so the effect can be applied and activated. Gauntlets's C3 is especially good for this.

8 hours ago, Deva Ashera said:

Mario is a platformer, Fire Emblem is Strategy RPG, Pokémon and Persona are RPGs.

Warriors games are Beat Em Up Action games.

I can understand though, everyone has games they aren't good at..like I'm not good at Shooters or Puzzle games.

Hopefully you be able to at least try Fire Emblem Warriors sometime to see if you like it. Everyone has that one off exception, like I'm good at Metroid Prime 1-3 on Wii.

Your right. I bet it will be a good game. Maybe I'll buy it. Hope a demo comes out or something. xD

10 hours ago, Folt said:

How in the hell are you caught off guard by Gibdos and Redeads? It's piss easy to see time your dodges to their attacks. They're pretty much only dangerous if grouped with other officers, but that applies for very many officer-types in this game (Mini Imprisoned, Lizalfos/Dinolfos, Aeralfos/Fiery Aeralfos, and Moblin/Shield Moblin are the only ones who are remotely annoying/dangerous when faced on their own). Big Poes (and the Icy Variant for that case) are some of the easiest HW officers to combo because they recover extremely slowly when tossed into the air.

And Argorok appearing less in Adventure Mode has nothing to do with how difficult it is to bring him down and initiate WPSes on him.

Gauntlets, Spinner, Picture Frame, etc. have combos that definitely keep enemies airborne so the effect can be applied and activated. Gauntlets's C3 is especially good for this.

Well, I'll grant that they're more of an annoyance than an actual threat, but for what it's worth, Gibdos and ReDeads aren't the types of enemies I could trust my army to handle, particularly compared to Aeralfos and Fiery Aeralfos, which I still fail to see as being anywhere remotely near the threat you're hyping them up to be. And sure, their attacks are easy to dodge... If you know they're coming, that is, which you likely won't unless you actually see them winding up. Also, do you even see Mini-Imprisoned alone? Because nearly all the time I see them, there's other enemies nearby. As for Big Poes, I dislike how they tend to phase in and out repeatedly, especially once they're nearly defeated - it does nothing but waste your time. The defeat the forest dragon stage in the Wii U game didn't help, either - it's got IBPs galore, with a half dozen of them (and Lana hanging out in that same area just because) being in the area where you start alone.

That was just me going on a tangent, actually.

Like I implied earlier, I was curious because if there is no decent way to juggle enemies to take advantage of, the Lightning effect won't do much good.

13 hours ago, Fireball260 said:

Lightning's special property is to slow down enemy fall speed. 

Are you sure you're not thinking of something else? Because I don't remember enemies getting hit by lightning attacks falling slower than normal.

16 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Well, I'll grant that they're more of an annoyance than an actual threat, but for what it's worth, Gibdos and ReDeads aren't the types of enemies I could trust my army to handle, particularly compared to Aeralfos and Fiery Aeralfos, which I still fail to see as being anywhere remotely near the threat you're hyping them up to be. And sure, their attacks are easy to dodge... If you know they're coming, that is, which you likely won't unless you actually see them winding up. Also, do you even see Mini-Imprisoned alone? Because nearly all the time I see them, there's other enemies nearby. As for Big Poes, I dislike how they tend to phase in and out repeatedly, especially once they're nearly defeated - it does nothing but waste your time. The defeat the forest dragon stage in the Wii U game didn't help, either - it's got IBPs galore, with a half dozen of them (and Lana hanging out in that same area just because) being in the area where you start alone.

That was just me going on a tangent, actually.

Like I implied earlier, I was curious because if there is no decent way to juggle enemies to take advantage of, the Lightning effect won't do much good.

I wouldn't trust the army in HW to handle any of the officer enemies in the game. They do equally bad against all of them. Gibdos and Redeads are no threats unless they're actually in groups with other enemy officers and multiple officer scenarios must be approached differently from facing a single officer, requiring crowdclearing moves with good knockback or long-range attacks/projectiles.

Granted, I have not seen Mini-Imprisoned come at me alone, but I have had scenarios where there was only one left, and they were still hell to take out.

The phase-in of the Big Poes is annoying, but hardly makes them more dangerous than the Aeralfoses because they're so simple to cripple due to how bad they are at recovering out of a combo. Also, the IBPs of the "Defeat the Forest Dragon" stage are easy: Link's Gauntlets has C3-2 which is an excellent zoning tool.

And since most lightning users have a way to easily apply the element to enemies, they can get that extra damage in easier than you'd think.

Earlier in this thread, some were talking about Donnel's popularity and how it was 17th out of 26 characters. The most recent poll (FE heroes), he was the 20th (not sure) most popular male character among all male characters so he's pretty popular for those who were talking about it before.

On 8/15/2017 at 3:25 AM, Crubat said:

Earlier in this thread, some were talking about Donnel's popularity and how it was 17th out of 26 characters. The most recent poll (FE heroes), he was the 20th (not sure) most popular male character among all male characters so he's pretty popular for those who were talking about it before.

The game was probably designed with the old polls, but that answer probably their surprise to see the newest poll.

6 minutes ago, Troykv said:

The game was probably designed with the old polls, but that answer probably their surprise to see the newest poll.

Yeah considering it seems development time started before Heroes existed (the whole line about having to change Rowan and Lianna significantly for instance).