Cordelia Gameplay Trailer

Jedi

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, true, it probably would make more sense for Chrom to tease the bear meat thing. :P

Frederick said the poster had Chrom naked and holding a scale in one hand with Falchion in the other hand. lol I have no idea how this was supposed to put Chrom in a big light. XD

All this beat meat talk makes me wonder if it really does taste that bad? 

LMAO XD Oh yeah. Chrom might want to crawl into a corner and die if that ever happened. But Frederick thinks its a fatastic idea because he thinks the world of Chrom and Lissa. He takes his knightly duties to the extreme to even borderline the butlers. Which might explain why Jakob was modeled slightly after him, and why they got along well. 

Speaking of Jakob, I wouldn't mind to see how Felicia and Jakob fight in a Warriors game. Having a maid/butler tear up the battlefield. That'd be the most out of place thing. XD

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

All this beat meat talk makes me wonder if it really does taste that bad? 

LMAO XD Oh yeah. Chrom might want to crawl into a corner and die if that ever happened. But Frederick thinks its a fatastic idea because he thinks the world of Chrom and Lissa. He takes his knightly duties to the extreme to even borderline the butlers. Which might explain why Jakob was modeled slightly after him, and why they got along well. 

Speaking of Jakob, I wouldn't mind to see how Felicia and Jakob fight in a Warriors game. Having a maid/butler tear up the battlefield. That'd be the most out of place thing. XD

Yeah, Frederick really takes his "constantly strive for excellence" line in Heroes to the extreme alright. lol I also think he's an Aspie and because of that, doesn't realize how his actions can hurt people sometimes. Like how he embarrassed the fuck out of Olivia in their support. XD I don't know if Frederick was intended to resemble an Aspie, but he sure came out that way, and pretty realistic for one too. I see myself in him the way he fails to socialize well sometimes and the way he obsesses with certain things (I obsess with my favorite things at times too lol). These are the main Aspie characteristics.

I don't think Felicia or Jakob will be in since there are no hidden weapons. Jakob would've had such a nice bond convo with Freddy though, if their convo in the Before Awakening DLC is anything to go by.

Edited by Anacybele

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, true, it probably would make more sense for Chrom to tease the bear meat thing. :P

Wouldn't it make more sense for Robin to have a bear-meat-related line, given the Great Jerky Incident of 2013?

Edited by Anomalocaris

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, Frederick really takes his "constantly strive for excellence" line in Heroes to the extreme alright. lol I also think he's an Aspie and because of that, doesn't realize how his actions can hurt people sometimes. Like how he embarrassed the fuck out of Olivia in their support. XD I don't know if Frederick was intended to resemble an Aspie, but he sure came out that way, and pretty realistic for one too. I see myself in him the way he fails to socialize well sometimes.

I don't think Felicia or Jakob will be in since there are no hidden weapons. Jakob would've had such a nice bond convo with Freddy though, if their convo in the Before Awakening DLC is anything to go by.

I sometimes wonder where he got this loyalty from? I try to think that it happened when he was younger and met Emmeryn and decided that he would loyally serve her to the end, and she asked him to help Chrom and Lissa and care for them, so he does that. I mean, the conversation between Emmeryn and Frederick in Emmeryn's Paralogue was touching and I sometimes like to imagine that they could be a good ship.

Aren't there gonna be any archers around? If we can have archers possible, then we could possibly spare some hidden weapon types as well, right? Though Jakob isn't as great as Frederick, since Frederick is even better at managing serving duties than Jakob can.

Just now, Anomalocaris said:

Wouldn't it make more sense for Robin to have a bear-meat-related line, given the Great Jerky Incident of 2013?

Actually, yeah, given that their support was where the bear meat came up. XD

Just now, Sbuscoz said:

Can someone remind me Frederick's good points? I never really cared about him enough to read his supports.

He's dedicated to his liege and cause, is very enthusiastic about keeping the army in working physical condition, doesn't pull punches when it comes to criticism and needed improvement, and can start a mean fire.

His good points are also his bad points though.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

I sometimes wonder where he got this loyalty from? I try to think that it happened when he was younger and met Emmeryn and decided that he would loyally serve her to the end, and she asked him to help Chrom and Lissa and care for them, so he does that. I mean, the conversation between Emmeryn and Frederick in Emmeryn's Paralogue was touching and I sometimes like to imagine that they could be a good ship.

Aren't there gonna be any archers around? If we can have archers possible, then we could possibly spare some hidden weapon types as well, right? Though Jakob isn't as great as Frederick, since Frederick is even better at managing serving duties than Jakob can.

I headcanon it was Freddy's mother. We get one mention of her in his support with Nowi. Nowi cheers Freddy on and praises him, and Freddy said this reminded him of his mom. This makes me think his mother was very loving and likely even doted a lot on him, so her behavior rubbed off on him. And then the wolf attack from when Freddy was a little boy could've messed with his head in more ways than one. I can see it having made him overprotective, AND he could've had a head injury that affected some of his mental development as he grew up. So he could have underlying mental issues beyond Asperger's, though obviously not serious ones.

Add this all together (his mother, autism, and the affects of the wolf attack), and you could definitely get Freddy as he is.

Takumi is most assuredly in, so yeah, archers are in. And one was teased in a tweet too.

10 minutes ago, Sbuscoz said:

Can someone remind me Frederick's good points? I never really cared about him enough to read his supports.

I find he's deeper than most of the Awakening cast. He's one of the few who we get some background for (grew up in a village in the hills, was attacked by a wolf as a little boy and has some PTSD from it), he has one parent mentioned (his mother, implied to have been quite loving and supportive of him), and behind his cold and serious exterior, he has a big soft side as shown in his A support with Henry. The big hunk tears up and hugs him! lol

He has various hobbies too: knitting and sewing, fitness/exercise, collecting rare mushrooms, and of course, campfires. I believe he cooks and cleans too, though that probably goes without saying. :P

He's handsome and a gentleman that's very sweet in his own ways though!

He has good qualities and established personality flaws that get addressed, as a well written character should.

There's a reason I love him so much!

EDIT: Oops, I could've sworn someone had posted after me...

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Sbuscoz said:

Time to read his supports then... and everyone else too, there's too many units I know next to nothing.

Awakening units have just as many good supports as other characters in the series; it's just that most of the romantic supports are shipping filler and screw up the ratio.

7 minutes ago, Sbuscoz said:

Time to read his supports then... and everyone else too, there's too many units I know next to nothing.

He has so many good ones, imo.

Check out some of his barracks lines too, as that's mainly where the mushrooms and knitting and sewing hobbies come up.

Oh, I forgot one more thing: Freddy's known for being very patient too!

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Awakening units have just as many good supports as other characters in the series; it's just that most of the romantic supports are shipping filler and screw up the ratio.

I know, it's just that Chrom x Sumia ( wich is the closest thing to canon) and Avatar x Cherche being so "lame", made me enter a state of " I'll obtain the children and leave it at that".

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

He has so many good ones, imo.

Check out some of his barracks lines too, as that's mainly where the mushrooms and knitting and sewing hobbies come up.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll read them once I've read the supports, which may take a while seeing that they fill 100 pages from the artbook...

2 minutes ago, Sbuscoz said:

I know, it's just that Chrom x Sumia ( wich is the closest thing to canon) and Avatar x Cherche being so "lame", made me enter a state of " I'll obtain the children and leave it at that".

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll read them once I've read the supports, which may take a while seeing that they fill 100 pages from the artbook...

I get you, I'm not fond of the whole everyone marries everyone thing. I wish some supports had been removed or at least some S supports removed. It hurt the overall quality of the game's supports. Like, Freddy x Sumia is boring up until the S support. Chrom x Sumia is overall terrible. Chrom x female Robin is plain stupid, Vaike and Olivia is dumb too, and so on.

You're welcome! :) And wow, that's a lot... o.o

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Sbuscoz said:

That's why I never use the S support on Chrom and Sumia. I just stick with the special conversation they have and leave it at that. It's really sad how the conversation focused so much on pies in the localized version.

Honestly, if you can look past the entire S-supports at times, and just focus on the supports for a lot of them, they are very nice. 

36 minutes ago, Jedi said:

God I want that dragonstone.

Anyways, I feel like the color and some of the shape is off for the lance to be luna, but if that's the case I do hope that sol appears, it was my favorite sword in awakening.

Just now, thecrimsonflash said:

Anyways, I feel like the color and some of the shape is off for the lance to be luna, but if that's the case I do hope that sol appears, it was my favorite sword in awakening.

Yeah its just a comparison honestly, its the closest thing to the lance she's wielding so I went with it.

7 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

That's why I never use the S support on Chrom and Sumia. I just stick with the special conversation they have and leave it at that. It's really sad how the conversation focused so much on pies in the localized version.

Honestly, if you can look past the entire S-supports at times, and just focus on the supports for a lot of them, they are very nice. 

Yeah, several of Frederick's supports are better without the S support imo. Lissa is far too young for him romantically, so I prefer them just be friends or Lissa seeing Freddy as another big brother kind of guy. And their support is adorable that way, imo.

Maribelle is also probably too young for him. But Freddy repeatedly denying that he's a steward and trying to teach Maribelle how to do chores is hilarious.

His support with Tharja is hilarious, but I can't ever really see Frederick being romantically interested in someone like her. Sully too, though for different reasons. Their support was alright otherwise.

His support with Nowi is cute, but them as a couple is just...weird. For reasons I don't think I need to say. I just like Nowi being Freddy's personal cheerleader. XD

These are the only females I would remove the S support from for him though.

As for Chrom, female Robin would need to be a LOT better for a romance to feel justified. Just seeing each other naked is amusing, but stupid for building a romance.

Sumia needs to revolve less around pies.

and so on.

So yeah, I agree, look past some of them S supports and the supports aren't all that bad overall.

Edited by Anacybele

9 minutes ago, Sbuscoz said:

For what it's worth, the localization absolutely butchered that support beyond C-rank, taking bento boxes/"pies" and turning it into some huge joke that pervades the rest of it. Though the original Japanese supports are kinda generic, they're better than what we got. 

6 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I highly doubt that the LE is going to come West. Honestly, the whole "playing character quotes" seems like it delves into creep territory.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, several of Frederick's supports are better without the S support imo. Lissa is far too young for him romantically, so I prefer them just be friends or Lissa seeing Freddy as another big brother kind of guy. And their support is adorable that way, imo.

His support with Tharja is hilarious, but I can't ever really see Frederick being romantically interested in someone like her. Sully too, though for different reasons. Their support was alright otherwise.

His support with Nowi is cute, but them as a couple is just...weird. For reasons I don't think I need to say. I just like Nowi being Freddy's personal cheerleader. XD

These are the only females I would remove the S support from for him though.

As for Chrom, female Robin would need to be a LOT better for a romance to feel justified. Just seeing each other naked is amusing, but stupid for building a romance.

Sumia needs to revolve less around pies.

and so on.

So yeah, I agree, look past some of them S supports and the supports aren't all that bad overall.

The S-support jump to marriage was only to get the whole second gen going because they all have the rings of their mothers so thus have to prove it with that. But really, the whole, four conversations and jumping to marriage is a bit annoying and makes little sense. Confessing love is nice, but don't go into marriage like that.

Sadly, this continued to Fates and my god did they screw things over. 

In Fates, my most favorite pairing would have to be Laslow/Azura. Though their S support is unnecessary as well, even if it wasn't marriage there, it wasn't as great as the other ones. 

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

The S-support jump to marriage was only to get the whole second gen going because they all have the rings of their mothers so thus have to prove it with that. But really, the whole, four conversations and jumping to marriage is a bit annoying and makes little sense. Confessing love is nice, but don't go into marriage like that.

Sadly, this continued to Fates and my god did they screw things over. 

In Fates, my most favorite pairing would have to be Laslow/Azura. Though their S support is unnecessary as well, even if it wasn't marriage there, it wasn't as great as the other ones. 

Yeah, especially for younger characters. Lissa, Maribelle, Donnel, and Ricken should wait longer to get married. They're still kids themselves. Cordelia is the only one that points this out, as I believe she tells Ricken to wait if they S support since he's so young. Nowi is a lot older than she looks, but she seems to still be a kid by manakete standards as well.

Fates did children even worse, ugh. I didn't even bother with them. The only marriage I did was Silas x Corrin because I <3 Silas.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Gustavos said:

Didn't she run when her platoon got axed? How can we know to trust her?

She was essentially ordered to leave, and it haunts her.

2 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

For what it's worth, the localization absolutely butchered that support beyond C-rank, taking bento boxes/"pies" and turning it into some huge joke that pervades the rest of it. Though the original Japanese supports are kinda generic, they're better than what we got. 

I highly doubt that the LE is going to come West. Honestly, the whole "playing character quotes" seems like it delves into creep territory.

I mean, basing the conversation on food at all may have been odd, but I still like them together. Not that Chrom has many options.

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I mean, basing the conversation on food at all may have been odd, but I still like them together. Not that Chrom has many options.

Yeah, and though I understand why Chrom's options were limited, there was no excuse for Sumia. She doesn't have a forced marriage anywhere in the game unlike Chrom. I didn't mind putting her with Henry after I'd already married her other options off to other characters (Chrom x Olivia, Freddy x Robin, Gaius x Maribelle), but still.

15 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

As I see it, it might have been odd to center their conversation around food, but I still like them together. Of course, part of this has to do with neither of them having many options - and one of Chrom's other options has better supports with other guys.