Cordelia Gameplay Trailer

Jedi

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yep, that too! Stahl being the plain dude getting with the popular pretty girl just works nicely. lol

Though one thing that was impressive was Gregor's support with Cordelia. Literally their A support ends with Gregor admitting that he fell for Cordelia. To be honest, Gregor is basically the best guy with the girls in Awakening. He's got like the jack of all trades compatibility with them.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

Though one thing that was impressive was Gregor's support with Cordelia. Literally their A support ends with Gregor admitting that he fell for Cordelia. To be honest, Gregor is basically the best guy with the girls in Awakening. He's got like the jack of all trades compatibility with them.

He's also way older than all of them (and in Nowi's case, looks way older. I really prefer not to pair him with any of them because of a huge age gap no matter what happens. I do like his support with Tharja though.

Cordelia definitely seems like more of a crowd-clearer given her power attacks. Otherwise, her moveset's not all that interesting, but I'll admit I'm biased against her.

3 hours ago, Thane said:

I would personally like to see some minor characters next, however. How about Oboro? Everyone likes her.

Oboro would be great, but if she is coming it'll be after the reveal of Takumi and Camilla the archer and the rider.

3 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

And this is out of how many - 26?

Yep. Hence why I wholeheartedly believe Donnel won't be getting in. Memes =/= actual popularity.

1 minute ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

I like pairing Cordelia with Vaike because I enjoy the idea of Severa and Lucina being rivals like their dads were.

Hey someone else who likes this pairing, high five. 

Also it makes Severa look more like Usagi/Sailor Moon, always worth it.

Just now, Anacybele said:

He's also way older than all of them (and in Nowi's case, looks way older. I really prefer not to pair him with any of them because of a huge age gap no matter what happens. I do like his support with Tharja though.

True, apart from Nowi, he's likely the oldest among the cast. 

10 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I don't know, but he was name dropped as a popular character in an interview.

I don't have much confidence in him getting in, personally - 17th out of 26 is pretty bad.

Also just gotta note my pre-salt because my ladies of choice in Awakening are 17th, 18th and 21st respectively, they have no chance hahahaha.

1 minute ago, Jedi said:

Also just gotta note my pre-salt because my ladies of choice in Awakening are 17th, 18th and 21st respectively, they have no chance hahahaha.

Say'ri, Miriel, and Sully, right?

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I used to feel this way, but I genuinely love his supports, and he's such a nice guy. Him and Panne are my favorite for each. And to be fair, him and Cherche aren't too far apart in age either.

4 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Hey someone else who likes this pairing, high five. 

Also it makes Severa look more like Usagi/Sailor Moon, always worth it.

Blonde Severa is underrated. She looks so regal, deserving of her personality, at least I think so.

If the devs think Donnel is popular, they must think Freddy is popular too... lol He placed 14th.

EDIT: @BlizzardWolf95 Gregor looks near 40, imo. I don't think Cherche or Panne are near that.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

If the devs think Donnel is popular, they must think Freddy is popular too... lol He placed 14th.

I think Donnel is more popular in the west, but since Musou games tend to go more off Japanese audiences, I think the minium we can expect from the Awakening lists is like 15th and lower. 

Edited by Jedi

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

EDIT: @BlizzardWolf95 Gregor looks near 40, imo. I don't think Cherche or Panne are near that.

We don't know how Taguel age, as for Cherche, I place her at 27-30, and I put Gregor at 34/35, but that's just me

2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I think Donnel is more popular in the west, but since Musou games tend to go more off Japanese audiences, I think the minium we can expect from the Awakening lists is like 15th and lower.

Maybe, but I feel like Frederick got in more because it'd be weird for him not to appear with Chrom, Lissa, and Robin. He's a member of Team Awakening's core group including those three and Lucina. And if he was just an NPC, that'd be weird too since he fights just as any of the others do and is committed to protecting his lord and lady.

Also, he was by far the best candidate for axe horse.

Edited by Anacybele

28 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Dude, I don't need to do anything to you at all! I applaud this post. You must not know that Cordelia is my favorite pairing for Frederick after female Robin. Even though I like Stahl best for Cordelia's hubby, because I feel like Stahl is just the kind of guy she needs to really get her to move on from Chrom. Stahl is such a nice guy, he'd always be good and loyal to a girl he likes, and he gets interested in things Cordelia does and all that. And Cordelia even says Stahl replaces Chrom in her heart. It's one of the few supports where Cordelia definitely does get over Chrom and loves another man instead.

I like Frederick as Cordelia's hubby too because he fits so well as Severa's dad that it's crazy. :P And I think Frederick could do what Stahl would do for Cordelia almost as well. He's kind, loyal, and loving despite his silly habits.

I actually did that on my first awakening Playthrough (which I dub my canon playthrough). It worked well with the best Pegasus Knight(and future Pegasus Knight Captain) pairing up with the Knight Captain. Plus Severa turned out really good and was able to keep up with the rest of my army despite her being under-leveled (I did like no second-sealing or planning of skill inheritance)

18 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I like Stahl too. Also, the dynamic they have is that Stahl is overall a plain guy, whereas Cordelia is a perfectionist. It's like the hilarious thing where the ordinary guy dates the prettiest girl in school. To the eyes of others in school, they are wondering how a plain guy could be with someone like that. 

And Severa being their child also makes sense. Her dad is a plain guy that doesn't worry too much about trying hard, whereas her mother is perfect. Striving to be as good as her mother, but having a father that would appreciate her hard work still, its a nice balance. 

I do plan on doing that pairing in a run in the future. I relate so much to Stahl though, he's basically me IRL, loves food, is kinda average at everything, has the same general hair style/problems, and based on multiple survey polls my Fire Emblem class would be Cavalier

1 minute ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

I actually did that on my first awakening Playthrough (which I dub my canon playthrough). It worked well with the best Pegasus Knight(and future Pegasus Knight Captain) pairing up with the Knight Captain. Plus Severa turned out really good and was able to keep up with the rest of my army despite her being under-leveled (I did like no second-sealing or planning of skill inheritance)

Yeah, one of my reasons for doing Frederick x Robin is that the knight captain being with the tactician works well, so I agree there.

2 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

I actually like what they did with Cordelia's character in terms of her not even being able to support with Chrom--i thought that was a clever writing move.

Knowing what we know about her, the silence is deafening. The absence of dialogue there better conveys a sense of unrequited love then anything that actually could have been said between them. 

I think that was a better way to approach it then say--the cringey A-Support between Fay and Alm in Echoes. (Ew)

In terms of who she works well wtih--and I know Anacybele is going to lynch me for this--but I will absolutely swear by Cordelia x Frederick. Not because of anything in their support chain. But just because by the totality of their character, their quirks and personalities compliment each other perfectly.

Yes--Corderlia--is physically attractive--but look beyond that.  In Corderlia you have that controlling perfectionist streak that most men in a relationship would find incredibly unattractive, and would eventually come to regard as intolerable nagging.

Likewise, in Fredrick, you have borderline-OCD attention to detail and obsessive behaviors that most woman would find extremely off-putting.

In Cordelia you have a woman who would actually appreciate those behaviors in Frederick rather than be turned-off by them, because they compliment her perfectionism. And in Frederick you have a man would actually appreciate that nagging perfectionism in Corderlia rather than be turned-off by it, because it compliments his own impeccable attention to detail and need for everything to be perfectly orderly. They're perfect for each other.

And that also fits the broader family dynamic, because if Cordelia and Frederick are raising a kid together--oh my god. That explains the attitude on Severa.

...Your entire childhood is your mom holding you to the impossibly high standards of a Cordelia and your dad holding you to the impossibly high standards of a Frederick...

"No sweety, that's not nearly good enough; daddy can still see 3 pebbles. Watch how your mother does it. Now try it again. One cannot be sloppy when clearing a path--you must focus on the task at hand!"

...yeah...

...when the kid's old enough to talk back, that'll get you a Severa...

What exactly does Cordelia "control" in her life? The reason she's perfect is because she doesn't even try, her talent is innate. "Controlling" things is the least of her issues, because her mere wiggle of a finger is already inhumanly perfect.

And that's exactly why she's so interesting. People EXPECT a girl like this to be perfectly comfortable with her love life. I mean, she's perfect everywhere else, why not in romance then? But she doesn't care. She searches for the impossible (which is impossible more because of Chrom, who, let's face it, is an absolute jerk), and she ironically and hilariously fails miserably at any attempt to win the heart of the one she loves.

The reason why she'll never be able to support with Chrom is that with the others, her falling in love dawns on her out of a sudden, she doesn't actively pursue it, she realizes her attentions swayed from Chrom to the character she had supports with, and she becomes happier because it's best to love someone who actually loves you back than someone who doesn't even see you as a potential candidate (partly because he's a jerk on the level of Ash Ketchum).

Seriously, Chrom would pick Sully before Cordelia. SULLY. I laugh to avoid crying, lol.

8 minutes ago, Skynstein said:

Seriously, Chrom would pick Sully before Cordelia. SULLY. I laugh to avoid crying, lol.

Don't knock Sully/Chrom. Canonically they're childhood friends who train together frequently. They at least have some connection.

Edit: 

Chrom:
Oh no you don't. You're perfect, just as you are. I wouldn't change a thing, at least. We can spar. We can speak as equals. It's one small part of my past that's unchanged, and...it anchors me.

It's a good support, though I never do it myself. I wish I didn't ship her so much with Virion if only because of Chrom.

Edited by BlizzardWolf95

27 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Yep, those would be them.

I know the pain of being a Say'ri fan. One of my favorite archetypes in the series is the foreign woman.That being Athena and  Say'ri. There is something sexy about their accents, and for Say'ri being so serene. Yet bothered by her brother and country. Hopefully she would be in Heroes soon wielding Amatsu as her personal weapon.

Edited by Jingle Jangle

6 minutes ago, Skynstein said:

What exactly does Cordelia "control" in her life? The reason she's perfect is because she doesn't even try, her talent is innate. "Controlling" things is the least of her issues, because her mere wiggle of a finger is already inhumanly perfect.

And that's exactly why she's so interesting. People EXPECT a girl like this to be perfectly comfortable with her love life. I mean, she's perfect everywhere else, why not in romance then? But she doesn't care. She searches for the impossible (which is impossible more because of Chrom, who, let's face it, is an absolute jerk), and she ironically and hilariously fails miserably at any attempt to win the heart of the one she loves.

The reason why she'll never be able to support with Chrom is that with the others, her falling in love dawns on her out of a sudden, she doesn't actively pursue it, she realizes her attentions swayed from Chrom to the character she had supports with, and she becomes happier because it's best to love someone who actually loves you back than someone who doesn't even see you as a potential candidate (partly because he's a jerk on the level of Ash Ketchum).

Chrom's also a big weirdo when it comes to love himself. Wtf was that nonsense in his S support with Robin? Seriously? If a guy who liked me acted like that trying to tell me his feelings, I'd be backing away slowly and be like "uh, dude, really..."

I'm turned off by that. Didn't help that Chrom was bland and uninteresting to me.

2 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Don't knock Sully/Chrom. Canonically they're childhood friends who train together frequently. They at least have some connection.

Having a connection =/= marrying someone and having children with them.

But Sully is appropriate as a wife gameplay-wise due to what you said. If it wasn't for Olivia, who's kind of "just there", though...