Healer Adjustments

Hilda

It has been a while since we got some Healer Adjustments via some Passives Skills. However even through the addition of this Skills Healers lack tools in terms of Repositioning and/or Damage to varant/justify a Spot in an Arena Team and are still deemed worthless outside of Training Tower, Tempest Trial etc. 
The Lack of Legendary Weapons on the Healer/Stave user side, doesnt help this Term either. Stave users are currently the only Class without any form of Legendary Weapon as an Access.

This is a List of Assists/Skills/Weapons i would like to see introduced to elevate this to some degree:
Healer-Adjustments.thumb.png.36e76ad016c57f207b72d83da12746b8.png

Teleportation and Warp can be used on Units that havent suffered any DMG at all yet.
Divine Veil Passive: This extends also the range of Cardinal Direction Debuffs from 1 tile/line to 3 in each direction

In Addition to this new Skills the following Addition/Changes should be made:

Assists:
Martyr: Abolishment of the +1 Cooldown, increase of minimum HP Restored from +7HP to +10HP
Mend: Increasing the Restored HP from 10 HP to 15 HP
Physic: Increasing the Restored HP from 8 HP to 15 HP
Reconcile: Increasing the Restored HP from 7 HP to 10 HP
Recover: Increasing the Restored HP from 15HP to 20HP, Abolishment of the +1 Cooldown
Rehabilitate: Abolishment of the +1 Cooldown, increase of minimum HP Restored form +7HP to +10 HP

Specials:
Heavenly Light: Increased the Restored HP from 10 HP to 20 HP
Kindled Fire-Balm: grants all allies +6 ATK instead of 4
Solid Earth-Balm: grants all allies +6 DEF instead of 4
Still Water-Balm: grants all allies +6 RES instead of 4
Swift Winds-Balm: grant all allies +6 SPD instead of 4

Passives A-Slot:
- Abolishment of the A-Slot Skill Inheritence Restriction, giving Stave Users the Ability Inherit all A-Slot Skills that Tome users can use too, with the Exeption to Triangle Adept not being inheritable still

Passives B-Slot:
- Abolishment of Seal-Skills Skill Inheritance Restriction (example Seal atk etc.)
- Abolishment of Poison Strike Skill Inheritance Restriction
- Introduction of Stave-Breaker Skill for All Units to inherit

Passives C-Slot:
2 New Infantery Healer (not usable by Elise and Priscilla due to movement type restrictions) excklusive Passives:
- Fortify Infantery, same as the other Emblem buffs
- Hone Infantery, same as the other Emblem buffs

Thoughts from you guys? Any other Ideas you guys have? I am just sick seeing Healers underperform so much and be basicly worthless for anything outside of Tempest Trial and Training Tower. Of course I am well aware that Infantery melee Units need help too

i just want healers to be able to use special skills, honestly

all of them have the quotes, but there was literally no point where you would hear them up until like two days back, and i doubt they were recorded just to be listened to in the hero catalog

maybe that could be a b skill or something, but I just find it so strange that for more than 6 months those quotes were just never used

7 minutes ago, unique said:

i just want healers to be able to use special skills, honestly

all of them have the quotes, but there was literally no point where you would hear them up until like two days back, and i doubt they were recorded just to be listened to in the hero catalog

maybe that could be a b skill or something, but I just find it so strange that for more than 6 months those quotes were just never used

I dont think that only opening up the offensiv Special Skills on healers will change much. The lack of Reposition/Swap etc. is just to severe, not to mention the dmg penalty they have without Wrathfull staff and the limited Options on A-Skill Slot.
And with Wrathfull staff equiped you have no option to use Vantage/Desperiation/Quick Riposte. Hence why I push their dmg by some degree, but I'll rather push their utility as healers/debuffers/buffers with Repostion (Teleportation)/Swap(Warp).

Ok but why do Elise, Lucius, and Sakura get exclusives in this hypothetical scenario? Other than that, these suggestions seem pretty good. Although even if Elise did get an exclusive Staff, it shouldn't be called Aether for obvious reasons.

Although remember that a Staff-users' biggest flaw is that their Attack-Stat is cut in half whenever it goes into battle. So for example, using this hypothetical scenario, Elise has the Aether Staff, which has 14 Mt. Elise' default Attack stat is 25 (as an example, i don't know what her default Attack stat at Lv.40 as a 5-Star is). 25+14=39. So when Elise goes into battle, that 39 Attack gets cut in half. So 39/2=19. This is the biggest problem with Staff-users in Heroes. Unless they have Wrathful Staff, they can't do anything in terms of offense.

"Oh, b-but Staff-users are meant to provide support, not attack." That's true. However, Dancers are also meant to provide support, yet they get to attack at full power. 

"Making Staff-users attack at full power would cause an unbalance between them and Mages." No. No it won't.  Staff-users can inflict debuffs just like Dagger-users. Mages can deal more damage overall. They both have their uses. Having Staff-users attack at full power won't cause an unbalance at all.

So basically, before these hypothetical scenarios can be made a thing, Staff-users need to have their attack reduction removed. Don't give them an Attack stat, and then only use half of it.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ok but why do Elise, Lucius, and Sakura get exclusives in this hypothetical scenario? Other than that, these suggestions seem pretty good. Although even if Elise did get an exclusive Staff, it shouldn't be called Aether for obvious reasons.

Although remember that a Staff-users' biggest flaw is that their Attack-Stat is cut in half whenever it goes into battle. So for example, using this hypothetical scenario, Elise has the Aether Staff, which has 14 Mt. Elise' default Attack stat is 25 (as an example, i don't know what her default Attack stat at Lv.40 as a 5-Star is). 25+14=39. So when Elise goes into battle, that 39 Attack gets cut in half. So 39/2=19. This is the biggest problem with Staff-users in Heroes. Unless they have Wrathful Staff, they can't do anything in terms of offense.

"Oh, b-but Staff-users are meant to provide support, not attack." That's true. However, Dancers are also meant to provide support, yet they get to attack at full power. 

"Making Staff-users attack at full power would cause an unbalance between them and Mages." No. No it won't.  Staff-users can inflict debuffs just like Dagger-users. Mages can deal more damage overall. They both have their uses. Having Staff-users attack at full power won't cause an unbalance at all.

So basically, before these hypothetical scenarios can be made a thing, Staff-users need to have their attack reduction removed. Don't give them an Attack stat, and then only use half of it.

Actually Elise would be very powerfull with that Staff since it gives her Wrathfull Staff 2 as a default (see above) which gives her full attck power at 75% and above HP. Inherit to her Dazzling Staff 3 on B slot and you have a mage that can attack and not get counterattacked by any unit. That would put her in an S-Tier Spot in the Tier List considering Horse Emblem buffs.
Elises default Attack is 30. the stave gives 15 ---> 44 with deathblow 3 she has 50 attack. and her default speed is 32. Add Horse Emblem Team buffs on top of that and she can wreak havoc on all Units, even on Distant Counter units.  She would win against 132 Vanilla units and suffer 0 losses since no counterattacks!

Elise and Sakura are picked with legendary staffs because their importance in Fates. Lucius i just like hence why i gave him a Special Staff too.

If you give Healers access to all the above things i think they would be in a good shape Attack wise (with SI) and support/debuff wise.
I mean if we want to go total Attack route you might as well just delete Healers as a Class altogether and just assign them Tomes.

I am really not sure if you read everythign i wrote up there tbh

35 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Actually Elise would be very powerfull with that Staff since it gives her Wrathfull Staff 2 as a default (see above) which gives her full attck power at 75% and above HP.

Ah, i didn't see that.

35 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I mean if we want to go total Attack route you might as well just delete Healers as a Class altogether and just assign them Tomes.

I disagree. Having Healers attack at full power while having Mages at the same time is like having Archers and Dagger-users. Both Archers and Dagger-users are physical-based Classes that attack from two spaces away. However, Archers can deal bonus damage to fliers, and in general are more powerful than Dagger-users. Dagger-users aren't as powerful, but they can inflict stat debuffs, among other things (that and Poison Dagger+ OHKOs most infantry units).

If Healers attack at full power, they'd still be generally less powerful than Mages, but they can heal others and inflict debuffs. Mages can't heal others or inflict debuffs, but they are generally more powerful. Even with full power Healers, both them and Mages will have their advantages and disadvantages.

If it weren't for the fact that healers do suck in Arena, the write-up in the OP sounds like a shitpost.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Dancers are held back by having lower BSTs - similar BSTs to those of ranged infantry units like healers, etc. If you want to score really high in Arena using high BST units, you wouldn't be using dancers or staff users to begin with unless you merged a lot (which may not be feasible for a lot of players). Dancers also have mediocre to poor defensive stats which means that unless they're running TA/gem weapon (and in a good matchup) and/or attacking something that can't strike back safely for the KO, dancers shouldn't be entering combat.

For mobility, Wings of Mercy and Escape Route exist - both of which can be used by healers. Escape Route can be useful on healers that use Martyr due to the fact that the user has to be damaged before Escape Route can be used. Of course, this does mean that the healer cannot use Wrathful Staff, Dazzling Staff, or Live to Serve, but the same can be said for combat units being forced to give up on Vantage, Desperation, Quick Riposte, or a Weaponbreaker skill.

8 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Dancers are held back by having lower BSTs - similar BSTs to those of ranged infantry units like healers, etc. If you want to score really high in Arena using high BST units, you wouldn't be using dancers or staff users to begin with unless you merged a lot (which may not be feasible for a lot of players). Dancers also have mediocre to poor defensive stats which means that unless they're running TA/gem weapon (and in a good matchup) and/or attacking something that can't strike back safely for the KO, dancers shouldn't be entering combat.

That may be true but Dancers don't have the restriction of not being able to use attack specials. They also don't get their attack stat cut in half. Dancers may have have a generally low BST, but for them, it's something that can be worked around with the right Skill Inheritance. The same can't really be said for Healers......unless you give them Wrathful Staff.

5 hours ago, Hilda said:

Elises default Attack is 30. the stave gives 15 ---> 44 with deathblow 3 she has 50 attack. and her default speed is 32. Add Horse Emblem Team buffs on top of that and she can wreak havoc on all Units, even on Distant Counter units.  She would win against 132 Vanilla units and suffer 0 losses since no counterattacks!

Staffses can't inherit Death Blow, hmm? Seems like youses is stuck with Spd +3 and Atk +3. Uwe hee hee!

3 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Maybe if moving again wasn't so much betterses than healing, we wouldn't have this problem, hmm?

I very much enjoy the idea of healers-exclusive infantry buffs. I'd even make them slighly better than the cavalry/flier/armor ones considering it means that you would probably still only use one healer rather than a full team of them. 

Edited by Vince777

What if healers gain a new assist: Rescue? They'd give up healing but their utility would rise so they are not grossly overshadowed by Dancer

and if you do still want healing support, maybe a C skill that is like a healing aura that heals adjacent allies by a small amount every turn exclusive to healers. Kind of like Breath of Life without the need for attacking.

because healers are easy targets, maybe an A skill that combines Close Def and Distant Def, but doesn't have as high bonuses (maybe just +3)

as for special activation quotes, maybe have Enfeeble skill, which lowers Def/Res. You can then use that in conjuction with Pain, Slow and Fear for more utility.

I just wish they could heal more hp Most of the skills only heal about seven hp which is hardly anything. I suppose rehabilitate but even that is situational. In other games they are pretty much able to heal everyone to full hp but not in Heroes. I don't really care how much damage they do but at least the healers should be able to, well, heal.

6 hours ago, Kahvi said:

I just wish they could heal more hp Most of the skills only heal about seven hp which is hardly anything. I suppose rehabilitate but even that is situational. In other games they are pretty much able to heal everyone to full hp but not in Heroes. I don't really care how much damage they do but at least the healers should be able to, well, heal.

I AGREE SO MUCH WITH THAT

I hate that a Falchion user with Rec Aid is basically a more efficient healer than a healer (especially in tempest, which is one of the few place where healing may matter)

8 minutes ago, salinea said:

I AGREE SO MUCH WITH THAT

I hate that a Falchion user with Rec Aid is basically a more efficient healer than a healer (especially in tempest, which is one of the few place where healing may matter)

In Echoes: Faye murders everything, maybe heals Alm.

In Heroes: Faye scratches everything, Alm maybe heals her.

13 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

In Echoes: Faye murders everything, maybe heals Alm.

You forgot the part where it becomes "Silque warps Alm, Alm murders somebody, Faye rescues Alm from a suicide mission". But otherwise you got things pretty much on the mark.

Hm, I don't know if they should have all of those buffs but the non-rehabilitate assists need to be stronger.

I'd be fine with them not having offensive specials if they did full damage by default.