Angelcynn: The Myrcian Conflict - Act 5

Shin

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suleiman moves to 13,13!
Suleiman goes below deck to make repairs!

Saving my friends... and Esclabor

It became clear as Suleiman descended below deck that the ship was in trouble, there were several spots where water was leaking through. The floor was starting to collect small puddles of water, although with the leaks one could have expected it to be worse. Of all people, Esclabor was hammering against the wall, trying to patch a breach with a plank of wood. It wasn't a fantastic job, if anything he was only delaying the inevitable - but he was at least buying the group some time. He looked over at Suleiman, his expression deadly serious as he struck the board with him hammer.

"I'm no expert but this isn't looking good. I've been trying to fix up some of the smaller leaks, but there's a big one that I couldn't deal with." Esclabor admitted, visibly displeased by his own ineptitude. "Vesta's still puking her guts out so any bright ideas would be appreciated.

Suleiman can fix the large breach or work on the smaller ones with Esclabor!

"I shall be your shield."

Nelon moves to 13,12!

"By Engel's grace."

Accolon moves to 13,11!

Constance moves to 16,11!
Constance uses Mend on Eric!
Constance gains 12 XP!
Constance gains 3 Staff WEXP!

Suleiman walked in, below deck to see a mess. As the place was slowly flooding, Baron Esclabor was struggling to make any repairs. Seeing Vesta's mess all over the floor did not help matters. "Darn, we can't even bring Vesta above deck. I'll fix the big hole for ya, Baron, better do it early before we start drownin'. If she keeps pukin' her guts out we'll have to carry her outta here!" Sighing at the situation at hand, Suleiman piked up his tool kit and began his work.

Suleiman chooses to fix the large breach.

Owen moves to 11,13!

Suleiman remains below deck to fix the breach for this turn!

ENEMY PHASE

I've only drowned once before, I would be happy to try it again with you, Prince..."

Arteria moves to 11,15!

"I'm getting jealous, dear sister. I can't let you have all the fun to yourself!"

Apellon and the troops surrounding him will move next turn!

Berserker moves to 7,9!

Pirate #1 moves to 10,7!
Pirate #2 moves to 9,8!
Pirate #3 moves to 9,9!
Pirate #4 moves to 19,9!
Pirate #5 moves to 17,9!
Pirate #6 moves to 17,10!
Pirate #7 moves to 5,10!
Pirate #8 moves to 5,11!
Pirate #9 moves to 5,12!

Pirate #10 moves to 11,14!

Pirate #10 attacks Owen with his Boarding Axe!
13 Atk, 34% Hit, 0% Crit
(99 59)
What a scrub, right?
Owen strikes back with his Killing Edge!
28 Atk, 100% Hit, 34% Crit, 17% Astra
(12 6 68)
OWEN SMASH.

Owen gains 27 XP!
Owen gains 2 Sword WEXP!

Pirate #11 moves to 15,16!

Archer #2 moves to 15,14!

Archer #2 attacks Sidney with her Killer Bow!
14 Atk, 37% Hit, 17% Crit
(31 16)
Sidney prays for her life!
(20)
Engel was listening, the arrow whizzes past her ear!
Sidney counters with her Silver Bow!
17 Atk, 97% Hit, 6% Crit
(45 24(
(48 19)
Archer #2 dies regretting their luck!

Sidney gains 23 XP!
Sidney gains 3 Bow WEXP!

Thief #2 moves to 17,11!

Thief #2 attacks Constance with his Machete!
13 Atk, 64% Hit, 2% Crit
(84 2)
No dice!
(65 70)
So lucky!

Constance gains 5 XP!

Thief #3 moves to 14,15!
Thief #3 steals Freya's Vulnerary!

Reinforcements spawn!

Suleiman returns from below deck!

Chapter 11A - Turn 3

5095d716dd1c56b5e0569cf1bded3fc9.png

SPREADSHEET

Arteria stared longingly at Owen, her eyes devoid of any sanity or reason. "It is a shame that your sister is not here to join us, I am rather fond of her presence. She tries to hide and fight what she truly is, but I can see the monster inside her. Her true self... she needs to embrace it." Arteria cackled, overjoyed at her fiendish fantasy. "But you like fighting too... you pretend that you're sensible and responsible, but it felt good killing just now, didn't it? So many people have wrong you, wouldn't it be better just to eliminate them all, one by one... watching each and every one of them suffer as you finish them. You have more power than just your status, you have a blade that can put an end to anyone who you see fit."

"Don't listen to her Prince Onio-... Owen! She's using words to try and confuse you... or something!" Serge cried out, horrified by the pale abomination ahead of them. Was this the woman that Steve had defeated? That was the other guy's name, right? She couldn't be that strong then, he wasn't that much stronger than Serge himself - plus he'd had time to hone his skills.  Arteria smirked, looking over at Serge with a disgruntled expression.

"You, I remember how much fun you had trying to break my arms... the cracks and the snaps, I could tell that you were serious. Perhaps I should return the favour, Molenli..." she barked, far less playful than she was with Owen.

"Actually it's Mozzarella, miss..." Serge stammered, his legs growing weak. He'd forgotten Steve's barbaric display, now it was something that he would have to face.

"My apologies... Mozzarella. I wonder what sound your arms and legs will make, I cannot wait to find out." she added, raising her sword. "You'll have your turn very soon."

-

Suleiman's repairs were hurried, but the result was enough to keep them afloat for the time being. Esclabor wiped his brow, holding another plank ready for the inevitable next breach. "I... at least my work meant you could focus on the important one." Esclabor remarked hastily, trying to downplay his own shoddy craftsmanship. "We're still letting in water, but it's nowhere near as bad now. Get back up on deck, it's hard for me to accept, but you're more useful than me down here or up there. I'll try and stop it from getting any worse, rough those pirates up a bit for me."

Esclabor gave Suleiman a thumbs up, the man doing his best to hide how impressed he was with his ally's talents.

Suleiman has fixed the main breach! The boat should be OK for now!

Edited by Shin

Sidney's newfound habit of shouting about orders was nearly cut short very quickly as an arrow whizzed close enough by that it caught some of her hair as she was distracted with clearing a path for Suleiman. She turned her head when she felt it, glaring as the arrow clattered to the deck instead. "Think you're smart, huh? Gonna take more than that to get the better of me! Can't be helped, you just don't have what it takes." Two arrows later and she was done, and Sidney looked towards an entirely threat.

"Are you quite finished with your nonsense about the glory of battle, or whatever you're prattling about? I can only hear maybe half of it in the rain, but I can't help but think I didn't miss much! Hollow words, hardly worth considering when you just hope that everyone's as crazy as you are. The ship isn't going down, but I'd be happy to send you there!" Putting aside her normal- albeit pretty fancy- bow, she drew her family's weapon and took aim at Arteria. "I've seen you a few times- on the opposite shore of the beaches, down the aisle at the wedding- yet I don't think we've really met. I am Sidney Montana! This bow was my father's, and his father's before that, and so on. Let's see if it can put an end to your lunacy!"

Sidney to (12, 14), attack Arteria with the Montana

Sidney moves to 12,14!

"Of course I know who you are... Charlotte. Maybe you're right, perhaps I am hoping just like you're hoping that Owen won't replace you once he gets bored."

Sidney attacks Arteria with Montana!
13 Atk, 94% Hit, 36% Crit
(10 81)
Sidney deals 13 damage! (42/55 HP remaining)
(30 84)
Sidney deals 13 damage! (29/55 HP remaining)

Sidney gains 10 XP!
Sidney gains 2 Bow WEXP!

Edited by Shin

It's bait, it's a setup, don't-- "Alright, maybe I will end up enjoying this a bit," SIdney growled. Two arrows, straight into Arteria, not quite the lethal hits she was expecting- but they connected, at least. "S-someone else just get her! We will not let you do as you please here, madwoman!"

The siblings were always a puzzle Owen looked at from afar, bad omens that showed up at the worst of times --that much was fairly constant--. "I'm surprised you haven't run off to wherever my sister is right now. I'd imagine she was your priority." Owen hardly seemed to be their target, whenever their appeared. In fact, he was pretty certain he was never adressed. It was perplexing that now he was cared for. "You're right that I hate this. That I've been wronged. This game of kings and queens have an underlying fraudulence that all but break the spell. Imagine being taught to hold the highest of standards, only for the truth to hold as much integrity as a horse's droppings." Perhaps a fitting end by sword would best serve King Olaf, but there was more going on at the moment for Owen to care. "At the same time, I was ready to stain my hands with the blood of my brother. Perhaps the way I was taught to live was that of a spineless fool."

Far from a fact to be proud of. Owen took out his whip, "Obedience is worthless in my position. I wish to carve my own path. Currently..." He raised himself, a fighting stance. "I'll have to disagree on the bloodlust, but right now, I need an outlet for my anger."

"I suppose you'll do."

Owen stays, attacks Arteria with THE WHIP.

Suleiman sighed of relief at his finished work, water not trickling in. It wasn't easy dealing with the holes in the ship while everything around him was wet and soggy. He turned to Esclabor, bowing, "You're welcome, Baron. The enemy I'll deal with quickly, for them to have swarmed us and have us cornered so easily...these pirates, they're fierce alright. Hope ya don't have trouble with Vesta, she's gonna be a mess alright!"

When he went above deck, he could only hear an exchange of shouting amongst people. One of the enemies, a woman with pale skin, was...taunting the Prince? And the man from earlier...Serge, was it? Was calling the Prince...Prince Onion???? That fool didn't even know his employer's name! The woman seemed to be taunting the Princess, mentioning the Princes...did this woman know the Princess? And why did everyone talk to her like they knew her?

'Confused, he ended up blurting out aloud, "Hey, is this woman someone important? Why is she so...carefree?" Then, turning to Arteria, he spoke up, " Hey you, what do you want from us? Do you know where the princess is? And what is up with that blade of yours?"

"Wise words, Prince Owen... I shall have to keep an eye on you, you're almost as interesting as your sister."

Owen attacks Arteria with his Whip!
21 Atk, 72% Hit, 0% Crit, 17% Astra
(79 33 20)
Owen misses!

Owen gains 5 XP!

"Almost... she would have come right at me instead of playing with a piece of string."

Arteria looked over at the newly emerged Suleiman, yawning as she cast her gaze. "To your credit, Prince Owen, you make as many friends as you lose. You should really tell them more, otherwise they will ask all sorts of questions." she taunted. "I'm a friend of the Wykian royals. Perhaps I'm here to stop you finding her, perhaps I'm here to find out where she is... maybe I'm just bored. There are so many different answers, which one do you like best?"

"I like the one where you help her find us.  However,  my employer seems to want ya dead,  so help me out and die already,  aye?"

Suleiman moves to 12,15 and attacks arteria with a steel lance.

"You!" Constance said, facing the woman. "You were at the church. You killed a man that day. His name was Groggy Ed. He had seven young children that were deprived of a father because of you." She filled her glare with all  the poison she could muster. "Come my Prince, we mustn't let this one escape yet again." Although Constance intended to stay true to her vow, she has little compunctions about assisting in the destruction of this unnatural creature.

Constance to (12,13), use Mend on Owen

"You ran away before when Ezekial spoke to you of his god. Let's see if Belial holds the same sway over you." Constance held up her hands. "Belial! Dark One! Hear my cry. Master of my Body, Master of My Soul. Inflict agony upon this women to satisfy my thirst for justice. I offer you my own misery, equal to hers, as remuneration for this pact!"

Claire moves to 10,14!

Claire attacks Arteria with Blizzard!
(59 13)
Claire deals 26 damage! (3/55 HP remaining)

Claire gains 10 XP!
Claire gains 1 Tome WEXP!

"My personal favourite's the one where we all drown together, but I like that one too."

Suleiman moves to 12,15!

Suleiman attacks Arteria with his Steel Lance!
Arteria's Vantage activates!
Arteria attacks with her Silver Blade!
16 Atk, 47% Hit, 5% Crit, 21% Sol
(3 29 81)
Ouch! Suleiman takes 16 damage! (14/41 HP remaining)
Suleiman gets his turn now!
11 Atk, 91% Hit, 5% Crit, 21% Adept, 21% Sol, Charge not possible
(87 15 62)
Suleiman gets the kill... for now!

"Not bad at all..."

Suleiman gains 53 XP!
Suleiman gains 4 Lance WEXP!
Suleiman picks up the Silver Blade!

Constance moves to 12,13!
Constance heals Owen!
Constance gains 10 XP!
Constance gains 3 Staff WEXP!

Constance makes a deal with Belial!
Something will happen soon!

Freya attacks Thief #3 with her Steel Sword!
(91 8)
Nice miss.
(64 1)
(67 66)
Thief #3 strikes back twice but can't actually deal damage!

Freya gains 5 XP!
Freya gains 1 Sword WEXP!

Eric would have thanked his healer, but alas, in an instant she was gone again, yelling...something at someone on the other side of the ship and leaving him alone with the pirates.

...Which was not going to be his permanent stance. Lurching backward, he ducked over to the clump where everyone else had gathered.

Nelon to (13, 14), Javelins Thief #3.

Eric does his thing over to (13, 15), helps Nelon equip his Steel Sword, and smacks that there theefy #3 with his Steel Sword.

Accolon to (11, 12) equips Owen with his Killing Edge, and cantos to (13, 11).

Serge serges to (13, 13).

"I shall protect you until my dying breath."

Nelon moves to 13,14!

Nelon attacks Thief #3 with his Javelin!
20 Atk, 39% Hit, 2% Crit, 16% Adept
(6 73)
Nelon deals 20 damage! (15/35 HP remaining)

Nelon gains 8 XP!
Nelon gains 1 Lance WEXP!

Eric moves to 13,15!
Eric helps Nelon with his Steel Sword!

Eric attacks Thief #3 with his Steel Sword!
(34 13 75)
Death!

Eric gains 13 XP!
Eric gains 2 Sword WEXP!
Eric picks up a Vulnerary!

"I shall obey your every command."

Accolon moves to 11,12!
Accolon helps Owen with his Killing Edge!
Accolon cantos to 13,11!

"Have no fear, Serge is here!"

Serge moves to 13,13!

ENEMY PHASE

"My dear sister, you got too carried away with fighting Owen and his friends... maybe it's my turn to have some fun. It'd be too crowded if you all come right away, let's keep it more casual for now."

Apellon moves to 15,5!
Sage #1 moves to 15,10!

Apellon's other forces will move next turn!

Pirate #1 moves to 10,12!
Pirate #2 moves to 9,13!

Pirate #3 moves to 9,14!

Pirate #3 attacks Claire with his Killer Axe!
18 Atk, 44% Hit, 25% Crit
(82 41)
Miss!
Claire counters back with Blizzard!
29 Atk, 100% Hit, 18% Crit
(82 6)
Chill.

Claire gains 27 XP!
Claire gains 2 Tome WEXP!

Pirate #4 moves to 15,9!
Pirate #5 moves to 16,13!
Pirate #6 moves to 15,13!

Pirate #7 moves to 7,10!
Pirate #8 moves to 7,11!
Pirate #9 moves to 7,12!

Pirate #11 is provoked by Freya!
Pirate #11 moves to 14,15!

Pirate #11 attacks Freya with his Steel Axe!
3 Atk, 57% Hit, 0% Crit
(52 90)
Freya takes 3 damage! (49/52 HP remaining)
Freya strikes back!
20 Atk, 95% Hit, 7% Crit
(52 70)
Freya deals 20 damage! (21/41 HP remaining)
Pirate #11 strikes again!
(8 19)
Another 3 damage! (46/52 HP remaining)

Freya gains 10 XP!
Freya gains 1 Sword WEXP!

SF was a jerk but basically Sully killed a dude and got a good level

Chapter 11A - Turn 4

304d051212102c3424273256c1ee23c0.png

Spreadsheet

The boat rocked again, the sea having gained a newfound energy in the passing few minutes. Accolon looked up at the skies, grimacing as they stared. "I have a feeling, some of my brothers and sisters are coming towards us. I can feel it through the air. The Reliants will come... I pray they do not wish for battle." Accolon warned, their wyvern flapping its wings.

"Prince Owen, I have a feeling a storm may be approaching." Nelon added, making Accolon's warning even more dire. "With so many enemies present control of our vessel may prove difficult."

Edited by Shin

• 2 weeks later...

Claire spared an anxious glance towards the sky, hoping that Ceirch's warning was all for nothing. We need to clear the ship quickly, then. Their right flank in particular seemed to be rather crowded, so Claire followed Serge in order to help thin them out.

Serge to (15,14), attack Pirate 6 with Steel Blade
Claire to (13,13), attack Pirate 6 with Elfire

Edited by SB.

"It's Serge time!"

Serge moves to 15,14!

Serge attacks Pirate #6 with his Steel Blade!
18 Atk, 71% Hit, 0% Crit
(45 90)
Serge deals 18 damage! (22/40 HP remaining)
Pirate #6 locks into battle with his Battleaxe!
19 Atk, 49% Hit, 0% Crit
(58 24)
Even Serge begins to dodge!
Battle continues!
Serge attacks!
(58 23)
Serge deals 18 damage! (4/40 HP remaining)
(19 85)
Serge takes 19 damage! (15/34 HP remaining)
(69 94)
Serge finishes!

Serge gains 47 XP!
Serge gains 8 Sword WEXP!

Oh. Serge had already dealt with the issue. Maybe he's more reliable than I thought he was? It was possible. Still, she had no time to dwell on that, changing her target to a different enemy.

Claire to (13,12), Blizzard Thief 2.

Eric fumbled as the boat rocked beneath him.

I am not going to get used to that any tine soon...

He regained his footing quickly, however, and rushed to help out that dear old mercenary fellow, dealing with the man behind the one he finished.

Eric over to (15, 13), Killing Edge Pirate #5.

Claire moves to 13,12!

Claire attacks Thief #2 with Blizzard!
(17 2)
Chill.

Claire gains 13 XP!
Claire gains 2 Tome WEXP!
Cliare picks up 2 Vulneraries!

Eric moves to 15,13!

Eric attacks Pirate #5 with his Killing Edge!
Eric's Nihil cancels out Avoid+10!
20 Atk, 91% Hit, 33% Crit, 16% Luna
(89 77 90)
Eric deals 20 damage! (19/39 HP remaining)
Pirate #5 swings back!
(84 23)
Probably a miss!
Eric goes for the kill!
(47 32 15)
Such death!

Eric gains 27 XP!
Eric gains 3 Sword WEXP!

In the midst of Constance's speech, one of her allies ran up and skewed the distracted Arteria with his spear. "Well that works," Constance muttered. "Eh...you can forget about everything I just said there Belial..." She raised her voice, "Keep an eye on that corpse, we don't want her getting away again." She looked at the soldier that had done the deed. "Good work." It felt odd to congratulate someone on murder, on the other hand she knew Ateria wasn't dead, not truly. "Here, let me heal you."

Constance to (12,14), use Mend on Suleiman (after Sidney moves)