Let's share our experiences since game launch.

ArsenalUnicorn

Here is my FTP/F2P story playing Fire Emblem Heroes. .

• Having seen many Reddit posts about spending money to buy orbs and still not getting their Ike's, I realized there is an extra sense of satisfaction in being FTP/F2P when one does pull an Ike (Insert any super character). .

• Since the launch of the game, there have been countless banners tempting me to buy orbs. It took extreme self control not to, especially when having saved up FTP/F2P orbs and still not rolling the 5 star units I wanted. I remember the Bride banner and the 1st Hero Fest banner absolutely left me devastated after using a lot of saved FTP/F2P orbs, 150+, and not even getting any one of them. Instead got some duplicate Seliphs, Marths and Jaffars. .

• However, luck evens out in the long run and I feel satisfied with my character roster now. Whilst still being a determined FTP/F2P player. I have 107 of the 159 characters available(67.3%), with 35 unique 5 stars (32.7% of my roster) and 4 duplicates. .

• This coming from a FTP/F2P player just goes to show how generous the makers of Fire Emblem Heroes have been. I am so grateful to IS and Nintendo for creating this game as it is. It is the only game I play now, and each day makes me feel a bit brighter just logging in. I love this game. To the people of Nintendo, thank you so much if you can see this post. You give people hope for a better day. .

• Whilst everyone has their own goals to achieve within the game, let's all share it here to give everyone more game project ideas that are FTP/F2P. My project within the game is to continue being FTP/F2P whilst building my Catalog of Heroes roster to over 80% in a year's time. All my units are original with no SI and will stay that way. While doing that, I use the feathers to level to 5 stars the characters that are given to us that can't be summoned, thus lowering duplicates in the future. All 3 and 4 star duplicates are sent home for feathers. IVs and merging are not the focus for me when building my Catalog of Heroes roster. .

• Eight 5 Stars (Given in the game, had to feather) Alfonse, Sharena, Anna, Michalis, Camus, Zephiel, Xander, Ursula (All Feathered) .

• Five 5 Stars (Summoned 4 stars, had to feather) Nowi, Marth, Cordelia, Kagero, Nino (All Feathered) .

• Twenty 5 Stars (Summoned 5 stars, no need to feather) Jeorge, Merric, Clair, Eldigan, Julia, Reinhardt, Seliph, Raven, Ninian, Rebecca, Jaffar, Eirika, Sanaki, Summer Tiki, Bunny Lucina, Hinoka, Bunny Xander, Summer Elise, Luke, Ike (No feathers required) .

• Two 5 stars (Given in the game, no need to feather) Tobin, Masked Marth (no feathers required) .

• My only big mistake in the game so far is to have feathered a 4 star Marth to 5 star, and in my next 5 star summon, it was another Marth. 20 000 feathers wasted! .

• I just want to say again. I LOVE THIS GAME and the community! Videos, Art, Discussions, all so awesome. And since this month is about trying to entice new players to join us, I felt new players can read this and take heart from it in creating their own quests in Fire Emblem Heroes. .

• How has your experience been since game launch? Please also share some tips and advice for the new players joining us. Also share some thoughts on what you would have done differently and some of your biggest satisfactions playing this game.

I am FTP as well an I guess my goal is to build up teams of my favorite units, even though my luck at pulling units I really like is not that good I still have fun doing pulls just to see who I will pull.  I also have a lot of fun being able to compete and make friends with people from all over the world.

Haven't spent any money (yet, that may change when the CYL heroes arrive as I've been spending all my orbs trying to get Jaffar), but I've managed to get a lot of characters I like. I've also grown to like characters I was indifferent to before (like Klein) or was unfamiliar with (Reinhardt). This is how you do a celebration of the series right. It's great having FE lite on the go and getting to use characters from throughout the series together.

I recently put together a Horse Emblem team, and now my focus is getting Armour and Flier teams together. Also just training a bunch of 5☆ units for the chaining modes. As I'm more of a casual player I'm not huge on SI and basically do what I can, and I haven't beaten all the new additions to story mode yet. Still enjoying the game at my pace even if it's sometimes frustrating using up orbs on trash.

As for what I would like to see in the future, more characters from Tellius and Jugdral especially, but also unique ones like Aversa, Alvis, Ashnard, Rath, Reina, Yukimura, etc. I don't have any particular ideas for other modes, but so far the developers haven't disappointed so I'm sure they'll keep improving the game.

As a F2P player, I always feel tempted to buy orbs when there is a specific hero I want. This happened most when I was trying for Cordelia and Faye. But still, I waited, and now I have them both! I knew that buying orbs would be a waste because it is just a game, and it's not the end of the world if you don't have who you want. Especially since buying orbs does not guarantee that you'll get them.

I do not regret any of my decisions of who I decided to promote to 5 star, and I'm really happy with the units I currently have. I've gotten pretty much 90% of the characters I wanted, and the last few I want are 5 star exclusives, so I don't get upset when I don't pull them.

First two months, my luck was so shitty. I didn't pull a single five star. My first ever five star was an upgrade to my favorite character in the game at the time, Frederick. xP But on the flip side, Freddy was my first green summon! And he was the character I wanted most at launch. So this was awesome. ^^ And +Def, -Spd, so that very same 5 star Freddy is the one I summoned back at launch.

After that though, I finally got a steady stream of 5 star unit summons and I of course upgraded a few more units to 5 star as well.

I was super excited when Ike finally came to the game! I spent over 200 orbs trying to get him, but I eventually got him!

I spent like 140 trying to get Summer Freddy when he came too. I HAD to have him! I was ecstatic that he was added to the game. I never expected a swimsuit version of Frederick would ever be a thing! But now it is and I can look at his amazing abs whenever I want. <3 Freddy is just such a hottie!

Edited by Anacybele

I have been either super Lucky with my summons or either very unlucky.

For example, I needed lot of resets to get Takumi back when the game was released, but when he finally showed up... He doesn't came alone! He came with Lyn!!! Then like 2 weeks later, Leo showed up too! Making me have 2 of the units I wanted the most. But then I was super unlucky in trying to get Oboro, even if she appears as a 3* unit ! it took me a lot of summons and a summoning circle for her to finally appear

Also, for more unlucky  I have used more than 160 orbs in trying to get Summer!Leo, a big fail... But for the lucky part, I have got Eldigan, MCorrin and Ryoma instead ! See? This is a balance between my luck and unluck while summoning.

About natures, most of my summoned 5* characters are actually +Atk !! How is that not good? Uhh? The only ones that aren't are Ryoma that is +spd so is actually good, Takumi who is +Def and that's very good too, Bride!Cordelia is +spd very good too, Eldigan who is +Res sadly not very good and Linde who is -Atk but she still make an awesome job

The game has been good with me like saying "You can't complaint!"

Now about the game, It hasn't been that bad. At first I had lot of problems with strategies, but now I'm getting better, the tempest are a big torture and I'm still salty at how I was unnable to get the Pulse seal, so I still fail a lot (like with the new BHB) but I have been able to solve some maps with no help, even some lunatic, so that's is something.

And the support team from Heroes have been very kind too! There was a time I had a bit of a problem and they answered very quickly and helped me to solve it, and they really read your ideas to improve the game even if they can't add them to the game, but at least they really read what you talk to them.

Overall, this game is a wild ride that I can't complait about it, it has been fun. I'm even thinking in buying some orbs to keep trying to get Summer!Leo, but also to support the game since it has been a good game for me.

Edited by SniperGYS

I bitched about my luck when I first started the game, eventually deciding to reroll because I was simply jealous of others getting 5*s. I eventually settled on an account with 5* Lyn and 4* Lilina(who would go on to be my first 5* promotion), with 5* Roy being summoned on the next session. Chased after Takumi, but got Elise instead.

Banner change, really wanted Ephraim, and got him on my third summon. This would be my first "miracle" in the game. Went after Eirika next but only got her much later (2 months ago) as a 4*.

Saved up around 40 orbs for Ninian, but didn't get her on day 1, so I got a little desperate, threatened to spend cash and promote Eliwood if I got her. Yolo'd her with 9 orbs on the next day, with the same IVs as said Eliwood(+Atk -Res). (Naga is real, guys) Eliwood ended up getting that promotion. Rolled a second Elise and Rebecca on this banner as well.

Alm's banner comes around, I saved up around 60 orbs this time, went for it because I (correctly) predicted I would like him after playing Echoes. Got him with about 45 orbs and a +Spd IV.

Went for Hector on hero fest, got a -Atk Ryoma instead who ended up carrying my ass through Xander's GHB, fittingly enough.

Rolled for Celica afterwards with 105 saved up orbs and got her with +Atk, and got Boey as well, after praying to Mila for like 3 days before her banner arrived. (This game has made me really superstitious) 

Rolled on Bride banner, didn't get any, but did get Priscilla, my most wanted healer in the game at the time. I still don't have a single seasonal unit.

5* drought for a while, then unintentionally rolled Faye on the TT2 banner along with Camilla, who was promptly sacrificed.

Alm's army banner arrives, the first banner where I wanted all 3 focus units, and in what can only be described as a miracle, got all 3 of them in just 39 orbs. Gray being +Spd and Mathilda +Atk was just icing on the cake.

Yolo'd a perfect nature Effie off the TT2 banner after that because why not.

I have never felt jealous of anyone since launch month, now that I have 90% of my FE faves in the game with good natures to boot, and I haven't spent a dollar.

Edited by Korath88

Here is my autobiography.

I was free to play for several days at launch. I got Hector as my first 5*, so I grabbed my calculator to see what which pack of Orbs gave me the most bang for my buck and became pay to play.

I spent a little money on Reinhardt's first banner and got 3 Reinhardt +Atk. I did not knew how lucky I was since I did not really care for any of the characters; I just wanted to spend a little money to get most of the characters for collecting. I did not even bother reading Dire Thunder's description; If I did, that would have got me off my Hector crutch much sooner.

I spent a little money here and there, but nothing crazy until Ninian came along. Spent several hundred dollars on her, but I did not get her until right after her banner ended. I was pretty pissed that Jaffar ruined my high 5* pity rate every time.

I got my spending under control after Ninian. That is my biggest regret in my Fire Emblem Heroes life. I somehow managed to convince myself to not spend on SF!Camilla.

I got more into the Arena and started to build my Arena team properly. I realized I was blessed with 3 +Atk Reinhardts and 3 crappy Jaffars. My first proper Arena team was Reinhardt, Setsuna, Hector/Olivia, and a bonus unit. Setsuna was my only heavily merged unit back then, at 4*+10. I started to bench Hector around this time.

School ended and I graduated so I had a lot more free time. I started to make my own Heroes Google Sheet, copied and pasted a lot of stuff from the Wiki, and that made planning for my characters much easier since all the data is in one place. That took a huge amount of time and I spent about one and a half months on it and only the main character sheet is complete so far. I started to record what builds I wanted to give to my characters, but then I realized it would just be faster if I copied and pasted every character's competitive build from a list somewhere; turns out nobody made such a list, so I had to do it the old fashioned way and use the calculator. My build list is no where near completion and I have not worked on it for a month now.

Around the same time, I decided to jot my build process down in writing on Serenes Forest to see if it could use some improvement and hopefully it can help other players. I started to become more active on the Heroes forums as well.

Bridal Blessings banner also was released around that time. After I put BB!Cordelia into the calculator, I decided that I will not make the same mistake as I had with SF!Camilla. I lost track of my spending and I feel more comfortable not knowing. I avoided any topic that mentions people's pity rates, the amount of money spent, and bad luck in summoning.

After Bridal Blessings ended, I worked on BB!Cordelia and merged her to +10. I hovered around Tier 18 - 19 and then Tier 19 - 20. Vantage Banner came along and I completed my Reinhardt defense team. My current Arena team was also finished around this time, and I stayed in Tier 20 for the first time in early July.

Nohrian Summer is here, and I am going to spend on NS!Corrin as I did on BB!Cordelia. Hero Fest is also here, and I may +10 my Ninian as well.

When the game first launched, I had absolutely no idea what to expect. Of course, I had some vague ideas from seeing people playing other F2P/gacha games and also from playing Pokemon Shuffle, another Nintendo F2P title.

Overall, the game has been a pretty fun rollercaster ride for me. I've had low points, high points, but on average I have been enjoying it. Besides the game itself, I love the community that's built around it.

I also appreciate how relatively F2P-friendly the game is, even if the temptation to buy Orbs can be high at times. But then I remember you'll always be at the mercy of the RNG anyway, so I never bothered.

(That and I physically can't access the Orb shop for some reason. Probably for the best, ahaha.)

With the right strategy, you can beat most battles, as people have shown clearing Infernal maps with 3* or 4* stock characters. The game even gives you some top tier units for "free", like Xander, Camus and Olivia.

That said, it is immensely helpful when luck is on your side. Especially as the challenges are getting tougher and you're encouraged to use more units.
So very often, you'll want X Hero or X Hero with a beneficial stat distribution... and sometimes, X Hero never appears. In which case, you just have to make do with what you've got.

I think the biggest thing I've learned, although I do forget from time to time is to appreciate what I've got, rather than what I haven't. This applies to the real world too.

Anyway, I could probably go on, but I don't want to bore anyone too much XD

Actually, I'll share some random tidbits/highlights for anyone who's really bored.

Somehow, I'm pretty sure I pulled Roy at 5* three times when he's not even on the banner. One of those three times may have been from Deep Devotion, but I don't think so. Guess the game really wants to remind me about my first Fire Emblem : P

I was super happy to pull Sakura, even at 4*. Of course, I had to pull her at 5* later, but I'm half-planning to build a F2P Sakura army one day. This should be easier now than 3* and 4* rates are flipped.

Heroes I'm still gunning for include Ninian, Julia, Katarina and Celica. It always sucks when Heroes you want end up evading you. I guess more so if they're seasonal ones, since they might not come back until next year.

On the plus side, I pulled Azura while looking for Ninian and she's been amazing for my team. I also got a Bride Cordelia while looking for Caeda; at the time, I didn't realise how lucky I was. The girl hits like a truck.

While it seemed everyone had a killer Nino, I think it took 4-5 months before I 5 starred mine. I had to wait until I got a +Spd one. But it was tough since I only got 2 or 3 Ninos since launch. Hopefully a +Atk Reinhardt won't take half as long...

Oh oh, almost forgot. I finally got into Tier 20 of Arena this week. Since I barely got in, I definitely won't be staying, but it feels good to hang with the "cool kids" for even a while.

Edited by VincentASM

My tales as a F2P:

• My first pull was Hinata. I was very excited as he is a character I'm fond of. Too bad, his stats in Heroes is equivalent to his in Fates. Everyone else uses him as Fury 3 fodder, but I keep him around as a pet project to build up.
  • I pulled a 4* Reinhardt relatively early on. I started training him but stopped around lvl. 30 because I thought he was worthless. Eventually, people began having a fit over Horse Emblem and how Rein was broken. I looked at him with dismal eyes but trained him. Managed to pull a 5* Rein during that one banner with Vantage; merged him with 4* to get Dire Thunder. Come to find out, I had a coveted +Atk Rein and I soon learned his value with the Horse buffs.
  • Everyone spending all their money for Hector. I managed to get one with little effort. Not terrible IVs either.
  • I blew through a lot of my 5* units SP early on before SI. I still regret not showing caution or realizing some skills are not worth inheriting.
  • Accidentally sent home a 5* Fir that I was gonna sacrfice to Hinata for Killing Edge+.
  • Sacrificed 5* Nino to Cecilia for Gronnblade+.
  • I have a lot more 5* units than I thought I would have.

Seriously, I love that this game doesn't just reward people who can buy orbs. I also appreciate how they seem to really take feedback into account. Like, the shuffle for Training is an absolute Heaven send.

I spent money once...and immediately got what I wanted and haven't spent since.

I think I've done fairly well being a mostly free player. I have several 5* units and a lot of feathers (so much that I finally promoted Chrom because why not). Some of them are even built up with skills and some might even be considered well built. 

Though, one of my favorite experiences might have to be how my first pull got me a 5* Robin which great because it was an early 5* and one my most wanted characters. 

When the game started I was sure that if you had a Takumi, you already won. Effie was the pillar of the first two months of the game for me.My luck have been consistently good when summoning. I felt like I was always behind the meta. That being putting fury or moonbow on all of your units. I have a very patient person so I can grind for hours during the tempest trials. Still playing is game until there is a skill that is a "i win button".

Sure, it seems fun to share the whole ordeal I've had with heroes since release:

When the game started I was determined to reroll for Lyn because I liked her the most out of all the featured heroes at launch, but I gave up after I got a Takumi and a Y!Tiki. I started playing the story with relative ease because I had strong units, shortly after I got a 5* Hawkeye which I didn't care too much about. I kept with those 3 for like 2 or 3 weeks and just when the initial banners were about to end I got lucky and pulled a Lyn. After that I kept playing for another week without pulling another 5* but I was pretty happy with the units I had until... 

Note: Some time afterwards I found out that the Tiki and Takumi I had were both +Atk -Spd while the Lyn was -Atk +Hp.

Around that period my phone started crashing too often and it was pretty common to start losing all kinds of data (images, videos, music, etc.), long story short I didn't link my account to Nintendo and ended losing everything I had. I was so salty I stopped playing Heroes for like 1 month, and I missed the Siblings banner and gaunlet (I wanted to play again to try and get Eirika because she's my favorite of all time but the salt was pretty strong during that time). It wasn't until the Blazing shadows banner when I had calmed down and decided to start playing again, this time I chose to go with the first 5* I would get and keep going from there, lo and behold that 5* was a Priscilla which seemed kind of underwhelming but I carried on...

Note: I still regret not taking part in the epic battle that was Chrom vs Ephraim.

This time the story maps were pretty hard because I didn't had any combat unit, but I pressed on and after getting enough orbs I got a 5* Eldigan to carry me through the rest of the story maps and a Jaffar (RIP) to make things easier. During this period I started getting a lot of 5* units pretty fast, while I needed a month to get 4 5* when I started, this time I got like 7 in less than 2 weeks. Anyway, it was during this time when I started getting more serious about the game and learned about skills, stat distributions and how to become better at arena...

Note: Priscilla and Eldigan have relatively useless IVs, but I made them the cornerstone of my Horse Emblem team because they helped me greatly.

From there things went pretty smoothly until this day, some highlights are: 

• Y!Tiki returned with better IVs (+Def -Hp) alongside a +Atk Hinoka on the last day of the spring banner. I didn't liked any of the bunnies so I pulled there because YOLO.
  • Getting Ike on my first summon from his banner and getting Hector on the first summon of the Hero Fest banner.
  • Getting 2 B!Lyns on the bridal blessings banner and a Caeda + B!Caeda on the last day from a YOLO summon (What are the odds of getting two versions of the same character in one summon session?).
  • Being able to get 100k points in the first Tempest Trials. 
  • Wasting 200+ orbs not getting Sonya on her first banner. (I got a second Hector though).
  • Getting Eirika from a YOLO summon. (I was grinning like an idiot the whole day).

All things considered I've had a great time playing Fire Emblem Heroes and I hope to keep playing it until the servers shut down. (This time I linked my account to avoid having everything wiped if my phone starts having problems again).

I've really enjoyed the game so far. It's fun collecting various characters, raising them to lvl 40, doing the various story maps and missions and building up my favorite units. I've managed to pull most of the heroes I've wanted as a f2per and I do pretty well in the arena battles. Only thing I have to complain about is Reinhardt and dancers, Rein in particular being an annoying stain on what is otherwise a really fun time.

10 hours ago, Anacybele said:

First two months, my luck was so shitty. I didn't pull a single five star. My first ever five star was an upgrade to my favorite character in the game at the time, Frederick. xP But on the flip side, Freddy was my first green summon! And he was the character I wanted most at launch. So this was awesome. ^^ And +Def, -Spd, so that very same 5 star Freddy is the one I summoned back at launch.

After that though, I finally got a steady stream of 5 star unit summons and I of course upgraded a few more units to 5 star as well.

I was super excited when Ike finally came to the game! I spent over 200 orbs trying to get him, but I eventually got him!

I spent like 140 trying to get Summer Freddy when he came too. I HAD to have him! I was ecstatic that he was added to the game. I never expected a swimsuit version of Frederick would ever be a thing! But now it is and I can look at his amazing abs whenever I want. <3 Freddy is just such a hottie!

Oh boy, I remember that! You were even nearing the 100% 5* pull rate too >_<

----

My story is bland, so I'll throw it in a spoiler.

Spoiler
  • I was really lucky. I pulled Takumi, Lyn and two 5* Marths within the first two days. Takumi and Lyn even came together! 
  • I pulled Reinhardt when he first came out. Fun times. 
  • I flipped a coin for my first Voting Gauntlet... and ended up on Team Lucina... Though. I should've just joined Leo, considering I had a two day anxiety attack over how his team was faring.
  • I was devestated when I lost my F2P status, considering  I somehow managed to buy orbs in my sleep (I fell asleep during summoning).
  • I got over it and said "Fuck it", and then went on to spend about $200CAD on the game to date (for Leo).
  • I ranked in the Top 50 (46th to be precise) in the first round of the Mage Gauntlet in my team (Leo). I was proud of myself, since I didn't have him yet...
  • I pulled him at 12:01am PST on May 14th, 2017. I may or may not have woke the house up.
  • Leo was 100% worth that $200.

The biggest thing I remember was when I needed help with Michalis' GHB. Friendly advice from @Oboro! (Arcanite at the time) and @Legion! (MrSmokestack at the time) turned into the most civil argument I've ever seen in my life, which then turned into a bet. @MaskedAmpharos joined in on said bet. In the end, I won the bet due to being unable to beat the map with their selected teams for me... And so, the StrategistsThree was born. 

That's all I really remember...

4 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

I pulled Takumi, Lyn and two 5* Marths within the first two days. Takumi and Lyn even came together! 

I officially don't like you

But I didn't re-roll or anything so....

8 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

I was devestated when I lost my F2P status, considering  I somehow managed to buy orbs in my sleep (I fell asleep during summoning).

I miss F2P Fypo

She was so cool!

8 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

The biggest thing I remember was when I needed help with Michalis' GHB. Friendly advice from @Oboro! (Arcanite at the time) and @Legion! (MrSmokestack at the time) turned into the most civil argument I've ever seen in my life, which then turned into a bet. @MaskedAmpharos joined in on said bet. In the end, I won the bet due to being unable to beat the map with their selected teams for me... And so, the StrategistsThree was born. 

Ah

That was the best few days I've had on this forum

I'd tell my story, but I'd need a full list of all the banners we've had to date so I remember exactly what happened if I ever pulled from them

53 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

I officially don't like you

But I didn't re-roll or anything so....

I didn't either....

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I was? I don't think I pulled THAT often...

You got to about 80 pulls I think

I have been F2P until the first Hero Fest banner, where i got tempted to pull for Takumi (didn't get one, but a lot  of healers) and spent a little amount. In overall i have been lucky to pull many important 5* exclusives early in the game without spending money (Ninian, Hinoka, SF!Camilla) or only few money (Hector, Azura). After that it was easier (too easy) to spend money to get NS!Corrin, but i stopped spending money since then. Perhaps i will buy orbs again in the future, but only with a previously defined small budget. 

My collecting habits are similar to yours, but i sacrificed some 5* for SI where i had only a 4* copy left (F!Corrin, my biggest mistake so far) or no copy at all (Cain) and my only 4* Caeda for the Flyer team. 

Since SI became an important and interesting part of the game, i could not think to play without building something stong and/or unique. Therefore my focus is not on having as many 5* as possible. 

The game is very entertaining and i'm kind of addicted according to my family. Being Heroes my first FE title to play, i didn't realize in the beginning how many of the not obviously strong skills synergize well. Therefore my advice to new players would be:

• Don't send units home for feathers (if you don't have 5+ spare Copys, 10+ Copys for units with important skills)
  • Think trice before sacrificing a unit, use your 4* and 5* resources well, but do SI heavily
  • Be relaxed in doing your pulls, appreciate what you get

This community sure is nice and fun, but until now the game itself eats a lot of time, perhaps too much for me to participate even more. 

7 hours ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

You got to about 80 pulls I think

Not all pulls were on the same banner though. This was throughout two months, so that's five different banners including the very first two.

One of my favorite additions is probably arena assault. I now have incentive to use new teams. It also makes me appreciate what I have. Even Tobin sees use against armor teams. Sadly some units will always be benched. Karel ain't leaving to battle anytime soon. All my other 5* have seen some use but never Karel. It's kinda sad. 

Also every single time I try for a blue focus unit, they don't come. But the moment I try for something else? They come home. I'm looking at you Azura who came to me during second Hero Fest and Delthea who recently came home from TT banner.  

My goal is to get a +10 Nino, which I shall only obtain with the use of my own feathers. No pulling for those special 5* Nino. 

Since we're all sharing:

Spoiler

• I've been F2P since launch and had a pretty great time with this game. I didn't expect much of the game since I never like mobile games, but it was free and it was Fire Emblem, so I gave it a try anyway. The fact that I'm still actively playing it now shows just how much this game proved me wrong.
  • My very first pull contained two five stars, both Takumi and Elise (the only time I ever pulled two 5* units in one session). A pretty good pull, but since I didn't know anything about the gameplay at that point I was just dissapointed I didn't get Lyn (also Hector, but he wasn't part of the focus). All of my orbs went into the "Deep Devotion" banner for the first two weeks, but I never got her. I did get a 5* Roy in my second sesion though, and later a 5* M!Corrin. For a long time, those four were the only 5* units I had, and they managed to get me through most of the early game content (although Roy was quickly benched).
  • I managed to clear the first two GHB's (Narcian and F!Robin) on normal mode, and Ursula's on hard, before I finally started to notice I needed more variety in units for some maps. I started training up a bunch of 4* blue and green units and since then I've always managed to clear every map the game could trow at me (although I needed to look up some strategies for the Michealis map).
  • When new characters were introduced to the game for the first time, I was overjoyed to see Epraim being added. Of course, my luck at pulling continued, and I never got him (I now even have all characters of that banner apart from him). After a few more banners, I figured it would be better to save up orbs for when my favorite characters would arrive on a banner (Ike had to appear at some point, and Hector had never gotten a banner), so I started saving up orbs.
  • I tried arena battles as well, but only stuck to intermediaty for a long time, because I figured I would need a well build team to face Advanced (I only had good red and grey units at the time). I slowly got in the habbit of trying to clear a few advanced battles at the beginning of a streak, before switching over to Intermediate. One week, I already had a deathless streak finished so I figured I'd just try an advanced streak. I suprised myself by finishing it in my first attempt, after which I've managed to complete a deathless Advanced streak every week (lesson learned, never underestimate yourself for no good reason).
  • Even then I only ever had 5* red and grey units, so I was very happy when I finally managed to promote some units to 5*. Sharena was first, and Nino followed soon after. Where my runs used to be a pure hell at first (dealing with M!Robin and Effie is not fun when you only have a sword, an archer and a healer as good units), Nino managed to fill the gap in my team and evrything started to fall into place. After I started adding 4* GHB units to my team, I even started to get ranked!
  • And then the Ike banner came upon us. I had about 100 orbs saved up for this time, and of course Ike decided to show up only after I had spend every single one of them (still not complaining). A few days after that, the Hero Fest banner arrived, and one of the units on it was of course Hector (leave it to IS to get me to spend all of my orbs for my second favorite character, only to trow in a banner with favorite character soon after). This was the one moment where I seriously started to consider spending money on the game, but I somehow managed to pull both him and Ryoma from the banner with only orbs I obtained in that month. I didn't get Azura, but I guess that would have been a bit to much luck, even for me.
  • After that, I fell to just using OP crap in arena (Hector, Ryoma and Reinhardt make up my core team) and most other stuff, but at the very least I'm now swinging between tier 19 and 20 in the arena! (but hey, I can't help it they made my favorite character so good :P).
  • Since this has gotten pretty big, I'll finish with saying my main goals for now are promoting some more fun units to 5* and making them work (like my M!Corrin who has been benched for way to long, and stuff like Catria and Oboro), as well as keeping my eyes out for the Lyn and Ephraim that I never got.

well, that ended up becoming a lot longer then I imagined (and I even left out the VG's that got me to SF in the first place, how I sold my soul to the devil, and my avatar finaly showing up :P).

Anyhow, to also include some advice to newer people:

1. Don't bother looking to much at tier lists and other people's recommendations at first. figuring out for yourself which units are good or bad, and thinking up your own strategies for each map is a much faster way to learn the game then copying other people, and it will probably result in more fun as well (besides, evryone has a different playstyle, and nobody is ever going to agree completly on a tier list). Also, a bad mage/tank/melee unit is still better then none at all on several maps.
  2. Don't be affraid to give other units a try. Every unit is usuable in this game, and different situations require a different unit. You may even end up liking certain units more then you ever did in their original game (like what happened to me with M!Corrin and Abel).
  3. Don't trow anything away before your barracks are filled up, and don't merge/SI before you know what you're doing. I've made several mistakes with this at first, like sending away several Gunters and now lacking the fodder for Hone Cavalry, or merging into my -Atk Cordelia... On that note
  4. Natures don't matter unless you're comparing similar units or thinking of who to merge into who. A neutral or even -Atk Nino is still worth investing in when you're lacking a mage, and a -Atk Takumi can still carry you through the early game. They only start mattering when you have a full roster.

1 hour ago, Bartozio said:
  1. Don't bother looking to much at tier lists and other people's recommendations at first. figuring out for yourself which units are good or bad, and thinking up your own strategies for each map is a much faster way to learn the game then copying other people, and it will probably result in more fun as well (besides, evryone has a different playstyle, and nobody is ever going to agree completly on a tier list). Also, a bad mage/tank/melee unit is still better then none at all on several maps.
  2. Don't be affraid to give other units a try. Every unit is usuable in this game, and different situations require a different unit. You may even end up liking certain units more then you ever did in their original game (like what happened to me with M!Corrin and Abel).
  3. Don't trow anything away before your barracks are filled up, and don't merge/SI before you know what you're doing. I've made several mistakes with this at first, like sending away several Gunters and now lacking the fodder for Hone Cavalry, or merging into my -Atk Cordelia... On that note
  4. Natures don't matter unless you're comparing similar units or thinking of who to merge into who. A neutral or even -Atk Nino is still worth investing in when you're lacking a mage, and a -Atk Takumi can still carry you through the early game. They only start mattering when you have a full roster.

1. Fair.
2. I agree. I'm currently working on a way to make units like Odin and Berkut viable. I get the feeling that we're all just playing him wrong. (A shame that Dire Thunder is Reinhardt/Olwen exclusice, it's probably fix Odin up too).
3. Made that mistake, although it was before SI was even announced XD. Dammit Fae, unmerge... please?
4.I have a -Atk Takumi too. I don't complain, since the +Res has saved my ass more times than I can count XD