Comparing our Conquest chapters experiences

Ronnie

16 hours ago, Sieghart said:

Well, in some chapters was easy or i was so lucky in lunatic.

Chapter 20: Fugas happy wild ride took me 15 rounds to beat it, but still was hard.

I needed 33 turns to beat Fuga's Happy Wild Ride on Hard. By Duma, that Chapter was annoying. It wasn't even that the enemies were hard to beat, which they were regardless, the wind threw a wrench into my progress time and time again and I was determined to get all the treasure chests, too, so that probably didn't help my turn count at all.

In Ryoma's chapter, I killed what I could to get EXP, then I just killed Ryoma with Corrin. I didn't even bother with the Spy-Lunge Automatons on Saizo's side.

EDIT: Why the heck is this post seperate from my other one? Internet glitch, I assume. Sorry for the double post. It wasn't on purpose.

Edited by DragonFlames

21 hours ago, joshcja said:

Obligitory Arthur is actually good post.

If you buy Certain Blow from your logbook or other people's castles and get Veteran Intuition from the DLC map then he may be actually useful. But I don't see how he would be anything but a liability otherwise. I'm sorry.

21 hours ago, joshcja said:

Obligitory Arthur is actually good post.

AKA, obligatory BS post. Because BS is exactly what I call on this, seeing as I see Arthur as little more than a walking failure condition.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

If you buy Certain Blow from your logbook or other people's castles and get Veteran Intuition from the DLC map then he may be actually useful. But I don't see how he would be anything but a liability otherwise. I'm sorry.

...He's tied for the highest skill growth in the game (highest flat if Beruka doesn't heart seal) and has a massive lead in axe skill over every other user.

So you do realize he has 90-100% hit on every evasive enemy in the game from ch10 onwards with an effective 0% risk of relevant crit right? (This includes ch17 and 25)

He also has the lowest invest/highestORKO% kill on LCQ CH28 Takumi of any unit, he make's another axe user with his dick that can go toe-to-toe with Camilia at her join in some setups, and frankly you're deploying him for a good chunklett of the game regardless to get that juicy A support for Zerk!FCorrin pairup shenanigans. (Corrin eventually want's DM/Fi/Wy tree's)

(Before someone say's Yato, the RNG for 2 DF's (one in ch27, one in ch28 minimum) is higher than the relevant rng of a zerk Arthur over the entire god damn game. Non DF Yato kills on these bosses require using a 1-1 range Corrin the entire game, this is really bad. You use Brave axe zerk/Forged lightning Sorc here)

Not turning this into yet-another-Levant-hate's-zerks-thread, but yes Arthur is good. (No seriously I'm out ,that crap is obnoxious)

Edited by joshcja

35 minutes ago, joshcja said:

...He's tied for the highest skill growth in the game (highest flat if Beruka doesn't heart seal) and has a massive lead in axe skill over every other user.

So you do realize he has 90-100% hit on every evasive enemy in the game from ch10 onwards with an effective 0% risk of relevant crit right? (This includes ch17 and 25)

He also has the lowest invest/highestORKO% kill on LCQ CH28 Takumi of any unit, he make's another axe user with his dick that can go toe-to-toe with Camilia at her join in some setups, and frankly you're deploying him for a good chunklett of the game regardless to get that juicy A support for Zerk!FCorrin pairup shenanigans. (Corrin eventually want's DM/Fi/Wy tree's)

(Before someone say's Yato, the RNG for 2 DF's (one in ch27, one in ch28 minimum) is higher than the relevant rng of a zerk Arthur over the entire god damn game. Non DF Yato kills on these bosses require using a 1-1 range Corrin the entire game, this is really bad. You use Brave axe zerk/Forged lightning Sorc here)

Not turning this into yet-another-Levant-hate's-zerks-thread, but yes Arthur is good. (No seriously I'm out ,that crap is obnoxious)

How naive. I don't see how Arthur's good when he's at constant risk of being critted into his grave, and while he does have a high skill growth, that doesn't mean jack nor shit if he can't be relied upon to kill enemies and thus level up. Also unless I'm missing something, Corrin only gets the class of a unit that is the same gender as them with a Friendship Seal, meaning if your Corrin is female, she needs to A support Charlotte for Fighter (assuming that it wasn't selected as her talent to begin with). On top of that, I'd say sending Arthur at Takumi is just plain stupid - sending the one unit that's most likely to get critted at a unit with high crit??? Seriously??? Not that sending Arthur at Garon is any better, because it ain't. Also, brave axe has ass for accuracy, and lightning is piss weak. And in case you forgot the memo, which I'm sure you did, Dragonskin cuts crit damage in half.

14 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

How naive. I don't see how Arthur's good when he's at constant risk of being critted into his grave, and while he does have a high skill growth, that doesn't mean jack nor shit if he can't be relied upon to kill enemies and thus level up. Also unless I'm missing something, Corrin only gets the class of a unit that is the same gender as them with a Friendship Seal, meaning if your Corrin is female, she needs to A support Charlotte for Fighter (assuming that it wasn't selected as her talent to begin with). On top of that, I'd say sending Arthur at Takumi is just plain stupid - sending the one unit that's most likely to get critted at a unit with high crit??? Seriously??? Not that sending Arthur at Garon is any better, because it ain't. Also, brave axe has ass for accuracy, and lightning is piss weak. And in case you forgot the memo, which I'm sure you did, Dragonskin cuts crit damage in half.

While I wouldn't put it quite as harshly, I have to agree with you here.
In no run I did of CQ - to say nothing about Rev - was Arthur ever honestly useful (useful = contributed to the fight in any meaningful fashion). He always missed when he wasn't supposed to and got benched the second Mozu entered the team and wasn't used since. I had one run where I bought skills for everyone from my logbook to steamroll CQ (which still wasn't possible, for the record) and I gave him the aforementioned Certain Blow and Veteran Intuition and reclassed him to Vanguard. He turned out... okay, I guess. He was nothing special and even as Vanguard, I still felt like Selena, Corrin and even Laslow were much better sword units and then there's Beruka and Camilla, which eclipse him as axe users from the get go, Certain Blow did nothing to change that, because Arthur, as Levant already said, has an incredibly crappy Luck stat, so he's always liable to eat crits, no matter what you do. A bronze weapon combined with Veteran Intuition helps, but do you want to be stuck with a bronze sword / axe the whole game? And even then, that's just way to much investment for a normal playthrough which could be better spent otherwise.

Luckily, with a bit of patience and effort, any unit in Fates can be made viable. There's just some that are more viable (read: efficient to use) than others.

I didn't mean to start an argument. I apologize for that.

Edited by DragonFlames

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Stuff

Takumi counters into a full guard gauge while Justice has 9x+ hitrate with 2x% crit and 2x% luna to cover potential wiffed swings and deals 25x3 flat damage properly stacked. (Any zerk with a positive str cap can replicate this kill tbh, justice is just cheaper, safer, and bogo).

The chance of failure here is well under 1%.

You use bronze for hit very early game, crit resets in the window where lightforge bronze is useful are not a thing. You use luck books and Percy's personal to remove the chance of relevant crits when crit resets are a thing. These are pretty rare as Fi/Be are walking vats of hp.

Arthur is not viable in vanguard.

Edited by joshcja

9 minutes ago, joshcja said:

stuff

You know, I just love how though every character in the game has 3+ builds thanks to reclassing and the game has many optional factors influencing how you play (skill buying, visitor + battle rewards, dlc, early my castle shopping for additional heart seals and the likes, kids or no kids) and yet in your posts you always assume everyone is playing the game as you play it. 9x+ hit rates? 25x3 dmg? What? How? What build? What partner in which stance? What weapon? I did one playthrough on Hard where I gave Arthur Zerker!Effie as a pair up bot and pumped him with experience, stat boosts and skills from reclassing: he ended up a powerhouse, but he had nowhere near those numbers. Actually, if you could provide the exact combat stats of your ArthurvsTakumi I'd be interested in calculating the chances of every outcome. 

And how is Vanguard!Arthur not viable? How is an Arthur with less crit post-promotion but overall better bulk, weapon triangle control and better stats in early-game not viable? He's plenty viable, it's just he can't accomplish the same things your Zerker!Arthur accomplishes: he is a unit to be played differently. I won't even argue with you, I don't even play on Lunatic while you always refer to that difficulty in your posts, you're probably by far the better player, but still...

5 hours ago, joshcja said:

Stuff

Why must you tout your strategy as The One, when it's (1) not foolproof (needless to say, if Arthur gets his stats dropped, you can kiss any chance of this working goodbye), (2) not 100% certain (this IS Fates we're talking about, and I've seen way more high percent misses in this game than in any other FE), and (3) dependent on Arthur not getting screwed so badly he's unviable??? Also, Fighters and Berserkers have lots of HP, sure... except for the fact that high HP only means so much when your defenses are shit. Just look at most of the other fighters in the series - they had high HP and Strength, but their other stats were mediocre to outright awful, and look where it got them. And how is Arthur not viable in Vanguard when it (1) gives him better defense, which he's gonna need since it's Arthur we're talking about, (2) gives him Veteran Intuition, which alleviates his crit problems, and (3) gives him an extra weapon type for when axes aren't accurate enough to rely on?

12 hours ago, Koumal8 said:

Long post

I've posted this quite a few times now... str+2/faire/trample holding zerk!Corrin with capped str, tonics,  rallies, and some number of statue boosts (depending on the unit). Is the build for splatting takumi with the brave axe. Artur goes overkill with Elbow room/str+2/faire/trample/luna. 

Vanguard has less triangle control than a unit with S rank axes. Vanguard cannot one shot nerds with a +2-3 hand axe. Vanguard is still not actually tanking on EP. Vanguard is still infantry. There is no benefit to this outside of heavy sword.

There are many viable builds, but the meat of those setups comes in ch7-13 where resources are limited. There's like 6-7 total viable final class/setups total with slight variations per-unit used. Anything outside of those builds is "played" asshole clenched in a huddle behind viable setups.

I ignore dlc, mc abuse, and grinding because not everyone has access, and some of it breaks the game hard. I assume highest difficulty for builds because a lunatic build will function on hard while a hard build will not function on lunatic.

Among the viable setups Arthur really only has access to damage stack zerk build without insane resource dumping so that's the build I discuss. His alternates are pure support/euginics. They're still very useful but folks like to see big numbers.

Edit: Levant you rescue warp to takumi and kill him with a damage stack nuke, stat drops are not a thing, ever. There are 3 builds that can do this and zerk is the cheapest. This is not "my build" it's how the game works.

Edited by joshcja

I'm on a girls only run on Lunatic and Chapter 10 was giving me a lot of trouble until I decided to include and recruit Anna. So I got her and turned her into a witch and wow her bases as a witch are crazy. :blink: She definitely made things easier for me, then I made the mistake to reclass her into a merchant (For more gold :-_-:). I broke the rules for chapter 15 since I only use Azura for refreshing and she wasn't strong enough to fight enemies.

Right now i'm on the wind map, and this chapter always gives me trouble. 

Mvps so far: Effie, Anna, Mozu, Camilla
Patiently waiting for a heart seal: Charlotte, Elise, Selena, Anna
Worst unit so far: Beruka

Edited by Sweet_Basil

I have only played Conquest 1 time, on hard classic, if it wasn't for the story I could have played it more... but well...

Maybe I somehow broke the game with my team of Oboros and Takumis + Royals + Effie running around, but the chapters that give me more problem, are the ones most people have problems: ninja chapter, Fuga's windy park and Endgame.

Endgame for sure can go to hell along with Conquest story, I hate the godamn chapter for a lot of reasons (including the story)! That godamn hexing rod make me restart the final part of the game like... 6 times? Or even more! In the end, I added Camilla!Nina to my team, on wow, she did even more job than Xander.

Endgame was a total hell, and the chapter that give me the bigger headache ever in a FE game. But in the end, I was able to beat it, and bury Conquest forever, but I was able to take these screenshots to conmemorate it:

tumblr_oc8dpxgqJL1rql8cco1_400.jpgtumblr_oc8dpxgqJL1rql8cco3_400.jpgtumblr_oc8dpxgqJL1rql8cco2_400.jpgtumblr_oc5cseEIgq1rql8cco1_400.jpgtumblr_oc4rs2cX2P1rql8cco3_400.jpgtumblr_oc5cseEIgq1rql8cco4_400.jpg

And a funny one: Hinoka can't recognise her little brother

tumblr_oc176vYgQg1rql8cco2_400.jpg

1 hour ago, SniperGYS said:

I have only played Conquest 1 time, on hard classic, if it wasn't for the story I could have played it more... but well...

Maybe I somehow broke the game with my team of Oboros and Takumis + Royals + Effie running around, but the chapters that give me more problem, are the ones most people have problems: ninja chapter, Fuga's windy park and Endgame.

Endgame for sure can go to hell along with Conquest story, I hate the godamn chapter for a lot of reasons (including the story)! That godamn hexing rod make me restart the final part of the game like... 6 times? Or even more! In the end, I added Camilla!Nina to my team, on wow, she did even more job than Xander.

Endgame was a total hell, and the chapter that give me the bigger headache ever in a FE game. But in the end, I was able to beat it, and bury Conquest forever, but I was able to take these screenshots to conmemorate it:

Hide contents

tumblr_oc8dpxgqJL1rql8cco1_400.jpgtumblr_oc8dpxgqJL1rql8cco3_400.jpgtumblr_oc8dpxgqJL1rql8cco2_400.jpgtumblr_oc5cseEIgq1rql8cco1_400.jpgtumblr_oc4rs2cX2P1rql8cco3_400.jpgtumblr_oc5cseEIgq1rql8cco4_400.jpg

And a funny one: Hinoka can't recognise her little brother

tumblr_oc176vYgQg1rql8cco2_400.jpg

Dat 85% crit doe. Holy balls

playing on lunatic, I have to say that chapter 25 was completely brutal. The strat I ended up using was buying a load of vulneraries (literally like 10) and eating them with corrin repeatedly, then sending my entire army down one side of the map at a time in order to kill off both minibosses. In particular, the section on the right side with all the grisly wound + poison strike spy shuriken ninjas was completely unbeatable without multiple charges of Freeze during my run. 

I actually found Ninja Hell v1 (chapter 17 I think?) very easy, I was kinda underwhelmed after all the hype it got.