Opinions on that Fire Emblem Echoes SoV Character #1-#52 (Check the OP)

38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ok but his map is one of my favorites in the game. There's just something about SoV's castle siege maps that just work. They all feel like proper sieges, especially Rigel Castle.

Not really sure if I agree with this. The Last Bastion was weird looking and its design felt superfluous. Nuibaba is either cheesed or tedium- is there a real middle ground? The only good thing about Desaix's Fortress is the Matilda rush- otherwise it's bad, and the Desert Stronghold is it but worse. Mila Temple and Sluice Gate are uninspired Arcanfests, and Dolth Keep has the nightmare of Necrodragon spam. Duma Gate was a better version of the Last Bastion, but not amazing. Zofia Castle and Grieth's Citadel were well executed I shall admit. And as for Rudolf's battle- it was on the better side of things, but it didn't feel like a castle siege- it was much more an arena.

3 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

As a unit, he's definitely not the best, but also certainly not the worst! Especially when Nomah exists!

48 minutes ago, Armagon said:

People who say Clive is the worst unit in the game have no idea what they are talking about because Nomah is the worst unit in the game.

I'm not going to unabashedly praise Nomah, but he shouldn't be looked as totally devoid of value. He is scarcely worse if not better than your average no grind run Boey. Sure he joins much later and that makes him worse on a tier list, but he can Excalibur or Saggitae a few things on the maps where he can be fielded. Mycen has better stats, but must occupy one of your 10 limited Duma Temple slots, and you'd probably have better candidates than him to occupy one of them.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nuibaba is either cheesed or tedium- is there a real middle ground?

I wouldn't consider Nuibaba's manor to be a siege map tbh.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Desert Stronghold is it but worse

Well, i'll agree on this. Desert Stronghold is the second worse map in the game.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Dolth Keep has the nightmare of Necrodragon spam.

Am i the only one who never had trouble with the Necrodragon spam of Dolth Keep? Palla just wrecks them all because Falcoknight+Blessed Lance is super OP on Celica's route. Then there's Genny for the Invoke Spam. If you give Saber or Kamui a Blessed Sword, then they trivialize the map as well.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm not going to unabashedly praise Nomah, but he shouldn't be looked as totally devoid of value.

I'll admit, Nomah has his uses as a back-up healer, but other than that, he's just dead weight on Hard Mode. I only recruit him for that extra heal.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

There's just something about SoV's castle siege maps that just work. They all feel like proper sieges

You mean the way your army of hot teenagers rush in through the open gate? I'm no historian, but I'm pretty confident siege weapons and starvation tactics were employed for a good reason. 

Clive

Funny, I just realized I don't have much of an opinion of Clive apart from how he's just there to worship the ground the God-Emperor walks on, even bowing his head, thankful to be kissing his boots and proclaim that Alm is a teacher who is better than him in every regard, just like Tobin. Given his importance to the plot, I'm surprised he doesn't really have a moment to shine.

Jesse

Surprisingly likeable. I normally don't like the overly flirtatious type, but Jesse is much less forward in his approach, and it also helps that he primarily has a goal he wants to establish à la Big Boss. It's nice to see a minor character with such big dreams and actually discussing it a bit with his allies. Nothing groundbreaking but I still appreciate it regardless.

Rudolf

A batshit insane villain like many other in Fire Emblem, the difference is that we're supposed to consider him a good guy.

Spoiler

The guy very nearly completely broke Zofia, yet he expects them to rise up from an overly hopeless situation, charge into his territory of more skilled and better supplied warriors and then take care of his problems for him. The many leaps in logic here date back to Gaiden, obviously, but that's no excuse to avoid updating his nonsensical and impossible-to-predict plan, prophecy or no prophecy. Not choosing to expand upon this was one of the major failings of the game, with the amount of sympathy the game thinks Rudolf deserves being another. I mean, the guy is an asshole in addition to being delirious, dangling a carrot in front of Berkut's face all his life, then pulling it away in the most humiliating way possible.

1 minute ago, Thane said:

You mean the way your army of hot teenagers rush in through the open gate? I'm no historian, but I'm pretty confident siege weapons and starvation tactics were employed for a good reason. 

Listen, i know Fire Emblem isn't accurate to actual medieval warfare, but in terms of Fire Emblem, SoV had the best siege maps. Unless Tellius did it better but i can't comment since i've never played Tellius and Fates' Vanguard Dawn or whatever that map was called doesn't count. 

C'mon Nintendo, where's my GameCube Virtual Console on the Switch?

Just now, Armagon said:

Listen, i know Fire Emblem isn't accurate to actual medieval warfare, but in terms of Fire Emblem, SoV had the best siege maps. Unless Tellius did it better but i can't comment since i've never played Tellius and Fates' Vanguard Dawn or whatever that map was called doesn't count. 

I disagree even with the context of just looking at the Fire Emblem series. Desaix's fortress, for example, embodies so many of the problems with the gameplay of Echoes. Send in one guy who draws all enemy fire, then you're just sort of standing there, and none of you hit each other. It also takes forever to actually get there due to all the trees outside. The desert fortress might be even worse. 

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

C'mon Nintendo, where's my GameCube Virtual Console on the Switch?

Where is the Virtual Console, period?

17 minutes ago, Thane said:

I disagree even with the context of just looking at the Fire Emblem series. Desaix's fortress, for example, embodies so many of the problems with the gameplay of Echoes. Send in one guy who draws all enemy fire, then you're just sort of standing there, and none of you hit each other. It also takes forever to actually get there due to all the trees outside.

I have to disagree. Desaix's fortress wasn't that bad. On Hard Mode, sending one guy to tank everything isn't gonna work because Desaix is right there and he hits hard. I disagree on the trees as well, since most of your army starts right near the stairs.

But yeah, i will admit SoV's gameplay isn't the best (though it's certainly leagues better than Genealogy of the Holy War's gameplay). But part of why i like SoV's siege maps so much is because you are actually making your way to the fort as opposed to just starting the battle already inside it like in every other FE.

Honestly, i can't remember a chapter in another FE game where you started outside the fort and had to make your way in. The only one i can think of is Binding Blade Ch.3.

The desert fortress might be even worse. 

Agreed. Desert Fortress is the second worst map in the game, only being beaten by that one Arcanist-filled forest in Act 3.

Where is the Virtual Console, period?

Discontinued, just like the NES Classic. Also, can't wait for the SNES Classic to be discontinued two weeks after it's release.

Edited by Armagon

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I have to disagree. Desaix's fortress wasn't that bad. On Hard Mode, sending one guy to tank everything isn't gonna work because Desaix is right there and he hits hard. I disagree on the trees as well, since most of your army starts right near the stairs.

We'll have to agree to disagree then, since this is off-topic. I consider that map a chore to play through, and cleric Faye removes any and all tension and challenge it could offer, but if you like it, then that's only good.

34 minutes ago, Thane said:

"The enemy did not build their walls so they could come out of their own accord."

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Uhhhhhh that's what I did?????????

Clive: A decent if unexiting character who really gets dragged down by being this games Merlinus. Is he even right once after his introduction cutscene?

Jesse: His introduction and memory scene make me smile, but otherwise I haven't paid much attention to Jesse. He comes too late and I did't recruit Deen so he did't have much supports either.

Rudolf: Oof poor Rudolf you simply don't work as character. I'm wasn't planning to be too harsh since he's an upgraded nes villain, but the remake goes with the risky not too well thought out plan and makes that even worse with Berkut's inclusion. It really makes him come acros as an awful father figure and a huge scumbag. I know the game says he cares about Berkut, but he sure does not show it. He is dismissive at best and actively seem to encourage Berkuts douchebag behaviour.

Him having a nephew also turns him into a complete coward. He had the time to tell his general the truth about Alm, but somehow he did't have time to sit down with his adopted son to tell him he has been lying to him all his entire life? Either he  did't care or Rudolf just did't have the spine to own up to his own lies. Either way reflects pretty badly on him.

But he does have a cool voice so he has that going for him.

Clive - Not a great unit, but he's likable enough as a character IMO. I like his supports with Lukas myself.

Jesse - I don't find him quite as charming as Sain or Laslow, but he's still pretty enjoyable as a character IMO. He does good work with that Brave Sword really.

Rudolf - Not the biggest fan honestly. I'll give him credit for being better than he was in the original Gaiden, where he just came off as a generic "Rage against the heavens guy" (Here he even seemed to feel some sympathy to what Duma was going through) but aside from that, his plan was just so freaking weird and the way he handled Berkut's situation was also really awful IMO. I like Walhart as a villain a lot more honestly.

Edited by HylianBelmont

Clive

I really don't like Clive. He just comes off as a bad person and I don't think that's the games intention.

Echoes probably doesn't intend for Clive to see Alm as a tool he's going to discard the moment he runs out of usefulness but if he makes it a point to wait with expressing a desire to get rid of Alm only after Alm is done saving his wife for him then that's how I'm going to see it. Clive resentment for Alm being the leader is only made worse because Alm because Clive pushed leadership on Alm. Alm saves his sister, Alm saves his war and Alm saves his wife so Clive is incredibly ungrateful by wanting to get rid of him.
And the reason is so contrived. Clive already knew Mycen might not even have a grandson but because a commoner said it Clive dismissed it. When a traitor noble who already had it out for Alm said the same thing it suddenly became a lot more dire. 

So Clive is not a very good person. He's not a good unit either, his performance being just one string of embarrassments after another.

Jesse

I don't really have an opinion one way or another. 

Rudolf

He's got a great design and a fantastic voice. That counts for something. 

Otherwise Rudolf is the clearest example of Echoes being an upgraded NES game. He was defined by something that probably seemed pretty fantastic if your game only has a few dialogue lines to work with but if you're actually trying to tell a story his whole plan needed a lot more work then the writers put into it in Echoes. It might even have worked if the story depicted more about the ways Rudolf went about his plan and if the conspiracy was bigger than just him and Mycen.

Clive:

I like his character for the most part: a knight of Zofia who led the deliverance but, with repeated defeats, his sister getting captured, and his girlfriend getting captured, he understandably thinks he's failed as leader of the deliverance and he's willing to give the command to anyone who might do a better job. In comes Alm: a supposed grandson of Mycen (remember his original plan was to have Mycen: a distinguished knight who originally hailed from Rigel replace him) who managed to rescue Clive's sister. Of course he will put Alm in charge! It's like the Dauphin giving Joan of Arc command of the French armies: in his mind he has nothing to lose since he's getting nowhere, and, at the very least, Alm will be a morality boost for the army. So I have no problem with that. It's only in act 3 where I feel like he's there to make Alm look even better.

I like his almost defeated attitude; he knows he's not the best and he (understandably) feels like he's let everyone down, though it would have been nice if we saw him grow out of it. I like his interactions with everyone other than act 3 Alm.

I understand him denying the old man saying Mycen had no kids: it's the reason he put Alm in place and Alm just won him a major victory. But, in act 3, another person tells him this and he keeps it to himself, even when Alm says he knows Clive is hiding something. What!?

As a unit, he's... okay. I kept using him because, aside from dungeons, I was trying to use almost everyone. He's not that bad... but Alm gets quite a few better cavaliers.

Jesse:

He's a flirt, but, unlike Gatrie, Virion or Inigo, it doesn't render him stupid or make it seem like women are all that's on his mind. In the memory prism, he sees Silque, sees that unfriendly characters are following her, and he... helps her. He's a flirt, but he's not nearly as bad as the other three. As a unit, he was okay. He was not the best dread fighter on Celica's route, but it didn't hurt to have another.

Rudolph:

There's a lot I could say, so I will try to be as efficient as possible. He was an interesting subversion of the FE conqueror villain (Ashnard, Walhart, etc.) His memory prism with Mycen is great; we see the pain of him having to give his own son. The motivations behind his plan are clearly laid out and understandable. It's his actual plan that's the problem.

He sees his people have become dependant on food trade with Zofia, which itself is dependant on Mila, and when the Zofian King cuts them off, he puts his plan into action. He uses the falchion on Mila, who then seals herself with it so it can't be used on Duma, and invades. This is not a bad idea in theory: at the very least, Zofia is spoiled from MIla's blessings, and the Rigelians are used to farming harsher lands, so they'd be able to help the Zofians. Unfortunately, that's not how conquest works. His plan then really becomes weird when Alm starts leading the Deliverance.

Not only that, but, while he seals away Mila, he don't see him do anything about the Duma Faithful: the actual threat. He doesn't seem to do anything to help his own people. There are plenty of other things that are wrong with his plan.

His plan to bring the people away from dependence on Mila & Duma, and pave the way for Alm is extremely convoluted. His actions just seem bizarre.

One more thing; the backstory states that Zofia prospered from Mila's blessing, but sank to depravity. We see this with the Zofian king, who is pictured when the narrator says this. He sank into depravity, and all of Zofia became dependant on Mila's blessings. However, it says Rigel's "hearts grew numb to all kindness" while showing King Rudolph. When in the game was numbness to acts of kindness ever established as Rudolph's flaw?

Clive - I like his character. He's classicist but believes that people should be able to rise to a higher position based on their merit, which creates an interesting dynamic, in my opinion. I also enjoyed when Alm pointed out his hypocrisy in Act 3. His relationship with Mathilda was also enjoyable, and I found it refreshing that two characters started out madly in love. Unfortunately, he's a poor unit, and he strangely does not have a support with Clair.

Jesse - probably the worst Dread Fighter in the game because of his terrible availability. I also didn't really like his character or his supports. I don't hate him, but he's probably one of the characters in the game that I like the least.

Rudolph - he was all right. His plan had many flaws, and I would have liked for him to be present in more of the game. I really enjoyed the battle against him though.

Edited by CriticalMiss

13 hours ago, epilepsyduck said:

Clive

Clive's personality basically begins and ends at "just some guy", which I guess explains why the writers seemed to favor him so much over all the cool ladies they created by mistake. His interactions with other, better characters at best make him seem boring and at worst make him seem completely out of touch. He's not even fun to hate like Berkut, he's just teeth-grindingly terrible and the fact the game spends so much time trying to make him seem cooler than he really is just plain sucks. Certainly, that isn't helped by him being such a dreadful unit, especially compared to Mathilda. Fuck this dude, give his role to literally anyone else and leave him in the trash where he belongs.

Back tf off Clive. He's one of the most realistically written and human characters in FE. DID YOU EVEN SEE HIS SUPPORT WITH PYTHON!? Clive deserves his role and you can complain pettily all you like it won't change a thing that he deserves a major role. Mathilda is just a tired war veteran and actually wanted to not fight anymore so her ending makes sense. She shines more from the DLC along with the rest of the deliverance anyway. At least unlike in Fates you can know the entire story without having to buy story dlc just to answer questions like with the whole Severa/Selena, Inigo/Laslow and Owain/Odin ordeal. 

I'm sick of this stupid idiotic circlejerk of hate just because he's not the best unit. Bleh. 

Edited by Peaceful_User

54 minutes ago, Peaceful_User said:

I'm good. You have a tendency to trash good characters of this game for dumb reasons honestly. 

And you have a tendency to get triggered whenever someone disagrees with your opinion.

Clive

I like his character quite a bit, especially after the rise of the deliverance DLC. Definetly portrayed him as a strong character and a good though somewhat flawed leader. His role in the story is pretty good too I feel. Most of his initial encouragement of Alm comes off as empty praise to make him continue forward and he does later question Alm's methods without being portrayed as a villain, which I like. The moment where he lets out his rage on Alm for Mathilda's death and other things is probably one of the most emotional moments in the game and its a shame that it won't be seen by most players. I also liked the subplot with him and Fernand, though I do wish it was expanded on.

As a unit, I think he's probably the most underrated unit in the game. For the early and mid game, his bulk and attacking stats make him really useful as a mobile tank. Even after mathilda joins, he's still retains a pretty solid niche over her thanks to his higher defense and HP. It was only around Act 3 when everyone reached their third tier class that I found him somewhat underwhelming, since Mathilda's HP and Defense problems were fixed and her higher Speed stat began to show its importance more clearly.

Jesse

I hate is design, but I think his character is pretty fun. His support conversations with Deen and Saber were somewhat decent, but I wish there was more substance to them. The memory prism with Silque was also pretty decent as well. Shame he doesn't have a support with her (or Est for that matter). Personally, I like him less than Inigo / Laslow, but that's largely since he doesn't have as many supports as Inigo does to show more of his character.

As a unit, I found him to be the most unnecessary character in Celica's route, largely because Deen, Atlas, Saber, and Kamui all performed most of the roles he was trying to fulfill already. Even Nomah was more useful just because of his innate 1-3 range with Arrow and healing ability with staves

Rudolph

His plan was really questionable, but I do like how he was portrayed in the story. A large reason that he's believed to be a tyrant in the story is just because other characters call him one and he's sending troops to Zofia (which are valid reason to assume he's mad). In the discussion he has with the other antagonist, however, he doesn't really portray himself as an overly vicious ruler. Most of the stuff he says usually has a somewhat evil undertone to it, but not overly so, and he only agrees to do what others suggest rather than suggest things himself. This makes it more believable when his, again questionable plan, is revealed.

My biggest problem with him is that alot of his character behind the scenes isn't really shown in the story. It would have been nice to see him pray for his son's success, or mourn his lost troops or worry about Berkut, but all of this is just implied, not actually shown. 

As a boss, he's only somewhat difficult in Hard Mode. 

7 hours ago, Peaceful_User said:

I'm good. You have a tendency to trash good characters of this game for dumb reasons honestly. 

No.  You're not.  A quick look at your previous post says otherwise.

You're on a forum, arguing about video game characters.  Chill.

Clive - I honestly like him, & do appreciate him trying to respect Alm's leadership. The game takes an interesting turn with him if you let Clair & Malthida die but honestly why would do that unless you were curious to begin with.

Jesse - Ok this is my problem with the cast of Echoes. Jesse is not a bad character by any means but what exactly does he do to be in anyone's top 10 FE characters let alone top 50? His support shows him being social to even guys like Deen & his support with Saber is definitely fun but that's it. He's polite flirt but what else other than his ambition to have a kingdom of mercenaries? If there were more support like the other 3DS game, it could've flesh him out more.

I'll give an opinion about Ruldolf later cuz it would seem he's also controversial character. Geez for a game that's supposed back to it's root, it sure has a lot of controversial characters. Or at least it's controversial on this website. Still impress how civilize we are about this though.

15 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Otherwise Rudolf is the clearest example of Echoes being an upgraded NES game. He was defined by something that probably seemed pretty fantastic if your game only has a few dialogue lines to work with but if you're actually trying to tell a story his whole plan needed a lot more work then the writers put into it in Echoes. It might even have worked if the story depicted more about the ways Rudolf went about his plan and if the conspiracy was bigger than just him and Mycen.

Ever play Super Robot Taisen Original Generations? The game, like any game in the massive franchise has a cliched mecha soap opera of a plot. But, the leader of the Divine Crusaders Bian Zoldark more or less executes a version of Rudolf's gamble. It isn't quite the same- Zoldark didn't plan out any particular person overcoming him in a decade and a half. What Zoldark did plan was this: "I will conquer humanity via force to unify it and protect it from aliens. But if someone should challenge me and win, I'll concede the Earth's protection to them." Zoldark could have successfully conquered the Earth faster than he failed to, but he intentionally held back a little consistently, in hopes of a real challenger to him arising. Several officers and part of the masses of the DC and United Colony Corps (Zoldark's ally in space) agreed with Zoldark's ideals, but there were plenty of greedy and corrupt generals in his forces as well. 

IS could have easily adapted this to SoV. It'd make Zofia's victories over Rigel more understandable if Rudolf was intentionally keeping was one fist tied behind his back the whole time. Why didn't Rigel come to Desaix's aid? Because Rudolf knew it'd destroy the fragile flower of resistance before it could blossom. A simple line saying "If you (Alm) never emerged to be the great hero your father hoped you would be, Rudolf would have tried killing Duma himself", would add a reasonable backup plan to Rudolf's gamble. Likewise, they could have expanded the officer corp who know something of Rudolf's plans- as much as a death line rewrite by one or two bosses to "this is the might of Zofia's champion?... the Emperor has nothing... to fear"- would suffice.

Day 14 is now over, and with that, we are now onto Day 15!

Today's characters that we will discuss are Lukas, Catria, and Jedah.

What is your opinion on these three characters?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll give my thoughts on the characters now.

Lukas: One of my favorites in Fire Emblem Echoes. I really admire how Lukas is able to stay calm, collected, and polite when the going gets tough, whether it'd be a tough battle or Fernand picking on him following Clair's rescue. In that way, Lukas reminds me of my favorite video game character: Professor Layton. Both him and Lukas know how to remain composed even in tense moments, and that is something I greatly admire. Lukas can be strict towards his fellow soldiers, but we see plenty of human moments out of him. In his supports with Clive, he admits that it does feel odd at times for him to be stoic during wartime, but Clive assures him that's what makes him good.

His other supports and base conversations do a good job fleshing out Lukas's backstory. One base conversation reveals Lukas's older half-brother forced him to enlist in the army just for his own personal gain. In the Forsyth supports, we learn Lukas's father wanted him to focus more on training and becoming a soldier than reading books, which made an interesting contrast to Forsyth's backstory (which was the inverse). Due to the demands from his family, Lukas yearns to read books and would willingly read one should he have the chance. In the Python supports, we learn Lukas had a woman he courted with in the past, but he ponders whether or not he actually loved her since he doesn't miss her in anyway. After hearing Python's input, Lukas concludes he never had feelings for her.

The DLC was what solidified Lukas's place in the top 5 amongst the my favorite Echoes characters. The supports were one enjoyment, but what really made me liken about the man was in the final Rise of the Deliverance map: the scene when he threatened to behead the escaping Rigelian civilians if Slayde and his forces didn't grant a safe passage out of the castle. That moment proved what a badass Lukas was, and to me, it was one of the best moments in the game.

Unit-wise, Lukas was alright. He was tanky enough to absorb physical hits really well while dealing some hard damage back. Lukas wasn't my best soldier though. Forsyth outclassed him due to his higher Speed and Resistance stats, in addition to having slightly higher Defense and Strength; thus, Forsyth could land doubles more often and he could actually take a hit against mages, unlike Lukas. Comparing Lukas to Valbar, Lukas was definitely the better soldier between the two, so I'll give him that. 

His design is very basic, but I do like the red coloring on both his armor and hair. That Greg Chun voice also sounds very smooth and pleasant on him.

Catria: My favorite Pegasus Sister. Catria is the most quiet and reserved out of the three Pegasus Sisters. One of her base conversations reveals why: it's because Palla and Est always beat her to the punch in every dialogue, thus putting Catria in a silent spot. Basically, she suffers from middle sibling problems. While I am an only child, I can definitely relate to Catria. There are times when I want to say something in a group conversation, but my friends beat me to the punch, and thus I don't have much to say. I also experience similar situations in class from time to time, usually when other students will answer a question a professor asks before I can answer. Thus, I'm much like Catria in that I want to have a say in things, but circumstances hold me back.

She was also a pretty good unit. While not as good as Est after grinding, Catria had some solid offensive stats and defensive stats to hold on her own while being a good addition to the team.

I don't have anything to say about her design other than she looks pretty. Her VA did a good job voicing her too.

Jedah: It seems like this guy is a major part of the controversy surrounding Celica's moments in Act 4, and I can see why. With such a demonic-looking appearance and his proclamations that he will kill Celica's friends, it seems odd that Celica would just willingly trust Jedah while not telling her friends about the situation. As the game progressed, it became more and more clear how evil he was. It reached the point that I couldn't sympathize with him at all. To me, it felt something could've been better done about the character, because I walked out disappointed in Jedah as a result.

He was quite the challenging unit to fight though, mainly because of the fact you could only attack him every fourth time. I never succeeded in killing Jedaj in that first battle because of his Dracoshield that made him really tanky, and he escaped after turn 6 (that one caught me by surprise). In the second fight against him, he proved to be a challenge yet again. This time, instead of having a Dracoshield to boost his defenses tenfold, he had a powered-up Distant Counter that allowed him to fight back against Bow Knights that attacked from a far range. In fact, Jedah managed to score a critical hit on Leon for the kill during my playthrough of the Endgame map (thank goodness for the Turnwheel)! Luckily, Mathilda was able to finish him off very quickly on the 4th and 8th attempts on him.

Lukas: Nice silky voice

Catria: Hot

Jedah: Ah, the big bad Smurf. He seemed easier to beat in Gaiden?

Edited by Pixelman