So Marth appeared in the new episode of Digimon today

LucasPSI

In the new episode of Digimon, an evil digimon brought a bunch of video game characters into the real world and turned them evil. one of them just so happened to be Marth! Even better, whoever decided to put him in must be a fire emblem fan. As When marth becomes evil, his attire changes from blue to red to symbolize he had become an enemy unit.

2.jpg

Edited by LucasPSI

18 minutes ago, ThatOneWeakArcher said:

Did you only join to make this thread? Your account like 34 minutes old. 

I totally did! Have been browsing serenesforest for a long time as a guest though as I'm a huge fire emblem fan who's played every game to date

YES

SO MUCH YES

BTW, who are the other characters? The one armor dude looks like a ripoff of Shovel Knight, I guess, and I can definitely recognize the Frightfur(kidding), but I got nothing for anyone else.

33 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

YES

SO MUCH YES

BTW, who are the other characters? The one armor dude looks like a ripoff of Shovel Knight, I guess, and I can definitely recognize the Frightfur(kidding), but I got nothing for anyone else.

The elf-looking kid in the far left seems to be a recolor/reference to Milon of Milon's Secret Castle.

jOD2iRp.jpg

I saw this on the sub. Really surprising; apparently, it's a Smash Bros. reference. Knight = Samus, gun-toting falcon = Falco, GB/Grizzly Bear = DK/Donkey Kong, four legged demon imp = Pikachu, red and blue girl = Mario, elf = Link, and Marth as himself.

EDIT: Apparently the context is some evil digimon ends up hijacking videogames and summoning characters from them.

Edited by The DanMan

33 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

I saw this on the sub. Really surprising; apparently, it's a Smash Bros. reference. Knight = Samus, gun-toting falcon = Falco, GB/Grizzly Bear = DK/Donkey Kong, four legged demon imp = Pikachu, red and blue girl = Mario, elf = Link, and Marth as himself.

EDIT: Apparently the context is some evil digimon ends up hijacking videogames and summoning characters from them.

I do wonder though why they literally copied Marth instead of making a similar looking character as a reference.

38 minutes ago, Flee Fleet! said:

I do wonder though why they literally copied Marth instead of making a similar looking character as a reference.

Probably for the same reason as his descendant's appearance in this image.

1433069.jpeg

I wonder if they have permission to use him?  If they don't they could get in big trouble since the girl looks a lot like Mario.  It is still cool though. 

Wow, that's really cool! At least, I personally think so. It's a pretty nice tribute to FE, especially when you consider that of all the video game series they could've chosen to reference, they chose FE (despite it not being as mainstream as something like Mario or Final Fantasy).

I really have to ask, just which Digimon series in the OP talking about here??? Because knowing that it's Digimon is not nearly specific enough...

3 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I really have to ask, just which Digimon series in the OP talking about here??? Because knowing that it's Digimon is not nearly specific enough...

Since he said new episode, it's most likely the current series Appli something

On 8/12/2017 at 11:03 PM, Armagon said:

giphy.gif

That's not even a subtle reference. That's like, actually Marth. Nintendo could easily sue them for this.

My thoughts exactly.

On 8/12/2017 at 11:09 PM, ThatOneWeakArcher said:

Did you only join to make this thread? Your account like 34 minutes old. 

Perfectly valid reason!

On 8/12/2017 at 7:39 PM, LucasPSI said:

In the new episode of Digimon, an evil digimon brought a bunch of video game characters into the real world and turned them evil. one of them just so happened to be Marth! Even better, whoever decided to put him in must be a fire emblem fan. As When marth becomes evil, his attire changes from blue to red to symbolize he had become an enemy unit.

2.jpg

Oh my! That was surprise to see that Toei managed to get Marth cameo in this episode. By the way, did he ever spoke in the episode or is actually silent?

On 8/13/2017 at 9:21 AM, Just call me AL said:

Probably for the same reason as his descendant's appearance in this image.

1433069.jpeg

Is that comic official with using the permission from the studio who developed My Little Pony or was that fan made? I never watched My Little Pony.

On 8/16/2017 at 6:00 PM, King Marth 64 said:

Is that comic official with using the permission from the studio who developed My Little Pony or was that fan made? I never watched My Little Pony.

It's an official comic. Hasbro license, advertisements for other Hasbro franchises, and all.

Well by the Goddess, this was unexpected. Assuming they got permission to use Marth's likeness, that is freaking awesome. I like that this red Marth has gold trim as opposed to the dark brown/black trim in his actual red costumes in Smash. ...Gold-trimmed red Marth costume for next Smash, please?

On 8/13/2017 at 9:46 AM, EricaofRenais said:

I wonder if they have permission to use him?  If they don't they could get in big trouble since the girl looks a lot like Mario.  It is still cool though. 

Ehhh......personally I doubt it. She doesn't look that much like Mario. If anything, I think she kinda resembles a recolored Alice from Balloon Kid, sans the bow and cowlick in her hair, and of course the balloon. Now I'll give you that she has a pink shirt to oppose Mario's red one, and a blue skirt with a pair of yellow buttons like those of Mario's blue overalls, but I think it's plenty subtle enough to avoid any sort infringement towards Mario. It's not like Mario owns the overalls look anyway, even if it's a defining part of his appearance. :P

...Now I notice she has Mario's hair, complete with tufts going up and to the right. Maaaaaaybe it's not subtle enough after all...

Edited by Baron the Shining Blade