What to do with Hana?

AlphaDialga7

This time the tomboy samurai Hana, let me see. 

For skills:

• Spoiler

• Duelist's Blow
    • Quick Draw
    • Gamble 
    • Armored Blow
    •  Swordfaire 
    • Astra/ Luna
    •  Life and Death

As for classes she does best in glass cannon classes. 

• Spoiler

• Swordmaster
    • Sniper 
    •   Hero

Just to be safe Swordmaster, sniper if you want a Setsuna that hits harder, and hero if you want a faster Selena.

For pairing, she is best for speedy children. That being said:

Spoiler
  • Silas: if you want a  fast Sophie.
  • Kaze: if you want a crazy fast Midori.
  • Kaden: if you want a harder hitting Selkie.
  • Laslow if you want a speedy Soleil
  • Keaton if you want a speedy Velouria.

Just find one that you prefer.

Hopes this helps.

Edited by Jingle Jangle

Time to build off what Jingle Jangle has mentioned:

I agree that Hana does her best work when she hits hard and the enemy can't hit her back. Because of this, I think she is one of the best units to toss a breaker skill onto. She's a front line unit, and you need her to survive the enemy's turn.
I recommend Shurikenbreaker and Lancebreaker. I would say the former is more important because a shuriken will ruin anyone's day and they tend to be too accurate for comfort.
I would argue that Armored Blow is redundant when you have Duelist's Blow. Why would you need damage reduction when your goal is to never be hit? I think Pavise would serve her better.
For some real giggles, you could give her Savage Blow as well.

As for pairings, do you primarily use your units in attack stance or guard stance? If the latter, I would take into account what bonuses your units give each other.
Swordmaster Hana paired with Swordmaster Ryoma gives the former +1 Str, +1 Skl, +8 Spd, and +3 Lck when she is the lead unit. Ryoma gets +2 Str, +1 Skl, +7 Spd, and +3 Lck when he is the lead unit. Raijinto packs an extra nip and Hana and Ryoma have their speed (avoid) maximized.

25 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

This time the tomboy samurai Hana, let me see. 

For skills:

•   Hide contents

• Duelist's Blow
    • Quick Draw
    • Gamble 
    • Armored Blow
    •  Swordfaire 
    • Astra/ Luna
    •  Life and Death

As for classes she does best in glass cannon classes. 

•   Reveal hidden contents

• Swordmaster
    • Sniper 
    •   Hero

Just to be safe Swordmaster, sniper if you want a Setsuna that hits harder, and hero if you want a faster Selena.

For pairing, she is best for speedy children. That being said:

Hide contents
  • Silas: if you want a  fast Sophie.
  • Kaze: if you want a crazy fast Midori.
  • Kaden: if you want a harder hitting Selkie.
  • Laslow if you want a speedy Soleil
  • Keaton if you want a speedy Velouria.

Just find one that you prefer.

Hopes this helps.

Thank you for helping me with most of my posts! I think im going to go generic Swordsmaster #3, marry her to Silas, have Life and Death, Luna, Quick Draw, Swordfaire, and Duelist's Blow. Thanks for you help, once again.

2 minutes ago, Phazon Archon said:

I agree that Hana does her best work when she hits hard and the enemy can't hit her back. Because of this, I think she is one of the best units to toss a breaker skill onto. She's a front line unit, and you need her to survive the enemy's turn.
I recommend Shurikenbreaker and Lancebreaker. I would say the former is more important because a shuriken will ruin anyone's day and they tend to be too accurate for comfort.
I would argue that Armored Blow is redundant when you have Duelist's Blow. Why would you need damage reduction when your goal is to never be hit? I think Pavise would serve her better.

As for pairings, do you primarily use your units in attack stance or guard stance? If the latter, I would take into account what bonuses your units give each other.
Swordmaster Hana paired with Swordmaster Ryoma gives the former +1 Str, +1 Skl, +8 Spd, and +3 Lck when she is the lead unit. Ryoma gets +2 Str, +1 Skl, +7 Spd, and +3 Lck when he is the lead unit. Raijinto packs an extra nip and Hana and Ryoma have their speed (avoid) maximized.

I am revising what i just said previously due to your -breaker statement. I think she can benefit from them, so I will go Life and Death, Duelist's Blow, Swordfaire, Shurikenbreaker, and Lancebreaker. Thanks for the help.

This is just me, but IMO, she does better in a ranged class since she doesn't need to risk getting maimed by counters. Also, I'd avoid Life and Death like the plague unless you REALLY like gambling.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Just now, Levant Mir Celestia said:

This is just me, but IMO, she does better in a ranged class since she doesn't need to risk getting maimed by counters.

Oh, you are right. I'm playing Lunatic Classic, and Counter is quite common. Should I just run Kodachi on her or reclass her to Sniper?

Just now, AlphaDialga7 said:

Oh, you are right. I'm playing Lunatic Classic, and Counter is quite common. Should I just run Kodachi on her or reclass her to Sniper?

I'd just reclass her to Sniper. Also, I would stay away from Life and Death - like, very far away.

Just now, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I'd just reclass her to Sniper. Also, I would stay away from Life and Death - like, very far away.

Why is that? Isn't her goal to dish out and avoid damage? She is frail as it is anyways. I would also need her to marry Takumi to reclass. How is that pairing?

1 minute ago, AlphaDialga7 said:

I would also need her to marry Takumi to reclass. How is that pairing?

You could have her A+ with Setsuna instead.

I understand wanting to keep Hana away from damage (I have never used Life and Death on anyone), but keep in mind that a Sniper Hana will make her personal skill almost worthless.

Edited by Phazon Archon

3 minutes ago, AlphaDialga7 said:

Why is that? Isn't her goal to dish out and avoid damage? She is frail as it is anyways. I would also need her to marry Takumi to reclass. How is that pairing?

Which she can do better when she doesn't have to risk getting crippled or even killed by counters. Also, evade's hit a new low in terms of reliability.

2 minutes ago, Phazon Archon said:

I understand wanting to keep Hana away from damage (I have never used Life and Death on anyone), but keep in mind that a Sniper Hana will make her personal skill almost worthless.

Her personal skill's practically worthless anyhow, so that's not a big loss.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

19 minutes ago, Phazon Archon said:

AH, thanks. I forgot about that

1 hour ago, Phazon Archon said:

If I'm going to reclass her into a Sniper, what breaker skils do i need? (i'm assuming Shurikenbreaker/Tomebreaker and Lancebreaker)

47 minutes ago, AlphaDialga7 said:

If I'm going to reclass her into a Sniper, what breaker skils do i need? (i'm assuming Shurikenbreaker/Tomebreaker and Lancebreaker)

Really need Shurikenbreaker, most of the lance classes are slow, for tomes use the dual yumi.

I agree that Shurikenbreaker is the only breaker skill Sniper Hana needs. As Jingle Jangle mentioned, the dual yumi takes care of tomes.
Ideally, those would be the only weapons that would hit a sniper (either because you decided to target them or because they got to you on their turn). An enemy should not be making melee attacks on your bow units.

21 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Really need Shurikenbreaker, most of the lance classes are slow, for tomes use the dual yumi.

Oh, okay then. I was going to roll with Shurikenbreaker, Tomebreaker, Bowfaire, Duelist's Blow, and Life and Death. Since I heard that Life and Death isn't good on her, and she is in no need of Lancebreaker, what should I replace those skills with?

1 hour ago, AlphaDialga7 said:

Oh, okay then. I was going to roll with Shurikenbreaker, Tomebreaker, Bowfaire, Duelist's Blow, and Life and Death. Since I heard that Life and Death isn't good on her, and she is in no need of Lancebreaker, what should I replace those skills with?

Try  Duelist's Blow, Shurikenbreaker, Bowfaire, Quick Draw, and Rend Heaven.

I prefer tog o MoA and use her high STR+ multitude of effective damage weapons she can access to have someone that can safely almost every enemy in the game with ease. But this is because I use the classic bait-tank-clean up playstyle, with tank units. In a playthough where you are rushing everything with Ryoma and Ninjas, she probably should be a ninja herself or Sniper.