Sacred stones banner

JDtheBA

If they were going to make Amelia axes- despite being a lance infantry (or even cav if you like the Franz support) girl- they should have given her Garm- the sacred axe of Grado. But I guess we'll be waiting on Duessel for that- the question then becomes how much the AS boost it'll give will be able to counter his inevitably bad Spd stat. 

(And if they give away Sacred Twin users in pairs, that'd mean :Knoll: with Gleipnir- I'm expecting junk on both the part of the weapon and user, but here's hoping he makes good fusion fodder. Though then if they continue twinning the Sacred Twin users, it'll be Lute or Saleh or Ewan (I don't see a trainee getting an ST) who gets Excalibur to go with Joshua's ironclad claim to Audhulma. And then we have the mystery of Rausten- will L'Arachel get Invaldi and Natasha (just because) Latona, or L'Arachel Latona and Artur Invaldi? Or will we get two L'Arachels- one with Latona and the other with Invaldi?)

Seth, yeah he is more of a lancer (Forde is the sword cav of SS if anyone is), but as someone did point out, his scripted first battle (the first battle in the whole game) with Valter does have him using a Steel Sword, and almost dying were it not for "I must save Princess Eirika!". Glen hopefully will be a sword draco if that's the case when he finally shows up in 2019.

As for Innes- I like him, and Tana isn't bad either. But is this the dream banner I've been waiting for? No. So here I'll be, waiting for the day someone finally comes along who'll be willing to walk into the deep end with. When that day comes, I will finally be able to call myself a Heroes player.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If they were going to make Amelia axes- despite being a lance infantry (or even cav if you like the Franz support) girl- they should have given her Garm- the sacred axe of Grado. But I guess we'll be waiting on Duessel for that- the question then becomes how much the AS boost it'll give will be able to counter his inevitably bad Spd stat. 

I don't know about the idea. That is like giving Mozu the Waterwheel, or Ewan having Fimbulvetr,  It just weird that inexperienced characters would be wielding legendary weapons 

oh boy it's another "let's pretend sacred stones is a bad game even though it was the only game between (and including) 6 and 9 that wasn't completely phoned in and done wholly better by a previous or subsequent entry" conversation, my favorite

7 hours ago, Medeus said:

Hm, I wonder if the reason they had Amelia be an Armor unit was because of fans overhyping that class option for her...

HUGE Amelia is hardly optimal, but it always makes me laugh. 'sides, there are plenty of mounted units in Heroes, and not really a whole lot of options for Armors, which... pretty much mirrors the logic most casual players who would choose General Amelia would actually use.

5 minutes ago, Iridium said:

HUGE Amelia is hardly optimal, but it always makes me laugh. 'sides, there are plenty of mounted units in Heroes, and not really a whole lot of options for Armors, which... pretty much mirrors the logic most casual players who would choose General Amelia would actually use.

Very true- Gilliam is the only Knight you get. As an aside, Garcia and Cormag are the only Fighter and Wyvern Rider you get. SS has one of the smallest playable casts if you subtract Creature Campaign. 

And since Amelia has gone Armor, maybe Ewan will go Dark. But it doesn't really matter for him- he'll be Red I'm expecting (since he starts with Fire), barring a random decision to make him Blue or Green.

And giving us only 1 trainee at a time might be for the best. It means you can milk growth units lovers 3 times over. And afterwards milk them again with a Focus rehash.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Glad to see the predictions about an FE8 banner came true, and it looks like a solid one.

Innes being in and having Nidhogg both seemed likely, but having that confirmed is nice, and he looks great. Cancel Affinity on a colorless unit looks funny but it's plenty useful.

Seth also seemed like a safe bet, but him having a sword is really odd, especially another Ruby Sword. His skill set isn't too exciting, and his art makes him look younger than he's supposed to be. And why is he on a brown horse?

Tana having Vidofnir is neat: I wasn't sure if they would go for it since she's not quite as prominent as Innes. Her art looks a bit odd for her, but her skill set looks great. I wonder if Guidance will be restricted to flying and maybe cavalry units, to now give incentive for mixed movement-type teams.

Amelia is definitely a surprise. As much as I'd been hoping for more armors, I didn't think she'd be one since they've tended to focus on unpromoted versions, but it's great that it happened. And her C skill looks awesome, although it does take the place of a conventional armor buff skill. Seems worth it, though.

Surprised by the lack of L'arachel, but I'm sure she'll get added eventually. Maybe with Ivaldi, since they seem to be diving this much into the Sacred Twins. Joshua with Audhulma would also be a cool choice for whenever that happens. And I hope we get Myrrh eventually, especially if she retains her flight.

Getting a Paralogue rather than a full story chapter is disappointing, but oh well.

As cool as this looks, I think I'm pretty much done with pulling on new non-seasonal banners: I'd rather save my orbs for characters who've been confirmed to be 5* exclusive and have gotten a while to really prove themselves, or are seasonal so there isn't that chance. Right now I'm going to keep going after Ike, then I'll want to save my orbs for next month in anticipation of CYL. Plus I figure whichever characters do stay 5* exclusive will probably be on next month's TT banner, alongside Eirika and Ephraim. Plus Innes and Tana will probably be the ones to stay since they have ultimate weapons, and Amelia is the one I really want for my armor team.

Even if we do get an FE8 TT next month, it probably won't have anyone too exciting as the free unit, but Gilliam would be cool as yet another armor. Ross would also be a neat choice. Of course, considering Clive, we may find out who it'll be as soon as tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Astolfo! said:

Like, in all of my play throughs, she was either benched or dead. So I never really, like, got to appreciate her or anything.

You’re a horrible inhuman person.

36 minutes ago, Iridium said:

oh boy it's another "let's pretend sacred stones is a bad game even though it was the only game between (and including) 6 and 9 that wasn't completely phoned in and done wholly better by a previous or subsequent entry" conversation, my favorite

I never said Sacred Stones was a bad game!

I prefer to make Amelia a paladin because lady paladins, come on. I think 6 was the only game without a lady paladin.

Edited by Vaximillian

Yay! General Amelia! She looks gorgeous in that, but holy shit that axe is enormous. I am so happy the design of her armor is literally the GBA General battle sprite shrunk down to Amelia size.

Unfortunately, I won't be pulling much from this banner. My funds are pretty much dried up this month.due to everything else going on. I'm hoping she gets dropped to 4-star later, considering the last time a legendary weapon was dropped to 4-star was back during the sibling banners (and those appeared to follow the pattern of one per pair dropped to 4-star rarity).

3 hours ago, Astolfo! said:

@SniperGYS YOUR BABY BOY IS HERE

Now I'm scared of not summoning him :S

His art looks good, and he knows how to use a bow!!! I even find funny that his VA is named Xander lol (but I liked more his jp voice) ... But maaaaaan, with my bad luck, I think that 335 orbs are not going to be enought to get him :(

About the banner, well I'm surprised to see Amelia and as an armor unit !! Like woah ! I was expecting L'Arachel :0. But looks like a good banner

PLZ WISH ME LUCK FOR TOMORROW ;( !!!

7 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

Good luck! I'm sure you're the most excited about Innes.

Now go welcome your boy home!

I just realized that Innes and Tana are the only characters who use exclusive weapons, but don't have them in their artwork.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Armor March means armors under its effect are completely unaffected by forest tiles.

Waiting to see what Amelia's stats will be and if she's going to be a trainee armor.

29 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

You’re a horrible inhuman person

I love you too ? 

15 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

I'M GIVING YOU MY ENERGIES 

18 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

I even find funny that his VA is named Xander lol

Now we actually have a Xander for every colour. Hone Xanders when?

3 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

I love you too ? 

<3

22 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yay! General Amelia! She looks gorgeous in that, but holy shit that axe is enormous. I am so happy the design of her armor is literally the GBA General battle sprite shrunk down to Amelia size.

Unfortunately, I won't be pulling much from this banner. My funds are pretty much dried up this month.due to everything else going on. I'm hoping she gets dropped to 4-star later, considering the last time a legendary weapon was dropped to 4-star was back during the sibling banners (and those appeared to follow the pattern of one per pair dropped to 4-star rarity).

Not pulling at all or just not +10ing them?  If I had to guess, I'd agree that Amelia and Seth are the most likely candidates for getting the 4* drop.

Sacred Stones banner! Woot woot! Insert shameless self advertising of my Sacred Stones playthrough.

Anyway, I knew I was saving my free orbs up for something. I'm going to have to try to get Innes, though I'll be patiently waiting for any new characters from this game. *cough* L'Arachel *cough* Joshua *cough* everyone else *cough*.

17 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Not pulling at all or just not +10ing them?  If I had to guess, I'd agree that Amelia and Seth are the most likely candidates for getting the 4* drop.

I'll probably pull for one copy of each and stop there. Maybe three or four copies of Amelia since she's green and therefore easier to pull for.

9 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Or Lyon, a cute,  shy,  teenage boy  with daddy issues who is more about the dark magical boy than Julius and  Takumi ever was. If you're into that trope. 

I have heard bits about Lyon and that is a trope I am partial to. 

32 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

If I had to guess, I'd agree that Amelia and Seth are the most likely candidates for getting the 4* drop.

I certainly hope so! It will be easier for me to get Amelia and merge her later, as well as giving Armor March to my armor units. I will have to sit this one out until I get NS!Corrin+10.

It's about time they added more Sacred Stones characters!

Amelia: I am personally not surprised that she's an armored unit. She looks pretty good based solely off her weapon and skills, hopefully her stats will match and hopefully her movement won't hinder her too much. Her new C skill looks interesting, although I wonder if it might've been better to have it effect the unit using the skill rather than adjacent armored allies.

Seth: I'm a little underwhelmed by him. I feel like they should have given him a lance, and his skills aren't anything special.

Innes: I'm excited about Innes! His bow looks awesome and the high might will hopefully offset the decreased attack from Fortress Res. I'm hoping he's at least on the same level as Klein, if not Takumi.

Tana: Tana looks to be the best of the bunch, thanks to her weapon. She seems like she'll be incredibly tanky, and if her stats do match up to that assumption...look out!

I'm a little disappointed Joshua wasn't included. But, hopefully they'll add another SS banner at some point, and hopefully he'll be part of it! If I had to guess, it'd be him, Cormag,  Myrrh, and L'Arachel.

1 minute ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

It's about time they added more Sacred Stones characters!

Amelia: I am personally not surprised that she's an armored unit. She looks pretty good based solely off her weapon and skills, hopefully her stats will match and hopefully her movement won't hinder her too much. Her new C skill looks interesting, although I wonder if it might've been better to have it effect the unit using the skill rather than adjacent armored allies.

The text reads "If unit has adjacent armored ally at start of turn, unit and any such allies can move 1 extra space." To me it sounds like if Hector and Effie were beside Amelia then all three of them would get to move 1 extra space.

Really nice to be getting more Magvel! I'm really surprised that neither Lute nor Joshua made it into this first banner, though. If it's anything like Valentia's banners, I imagine we'll be seeing them pretty soon.

1 hour ago, Silith13 said:

I don't know how acurate the trailer is but Amelia there has 38 HP. The closest among the armoured is 45 on Sheena. Maybe this will mean Amelia has incredible stats.

She's more than likely going to count as a "trainee" unit as a nod to the game (alongside the young dragons and Donnel), so while she'll probably start off a little weak like they do, she'll have amazing stats by the time she's fully leveled.

But anybody wanting to run Armor Emblem is going to be pulling for Amelia, definitely.

Innes with Cancel Affinity sounds like he's meant to be a counter to the M!Robin Blarraven thing. Otherwise it's kinda weird on a colorless unit.

Edited by Extrasolar

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's worth adding that Eirika, Seliph, and Reinhardt, the only characters added so far via banner who have an ultimate weapon and didn't stay 5* exclusive, were on banners with so many ultimate weapons that all the characters that stayed 5* exclusive also had ultimate weapons. So it seems like they always stay unless there are so many that it's impossible and some get crowded out, which isn't the case here.

Seth and Amelia do both seem like perfectly plausible 4*s, too, although I assume Amelia's C skill will stay 5* exclusive.