Jump to content

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, DiogoJorge said:

Forgot to mention. But Sigurd, Deidre, Quan and Ethlyn would die even in the remake. I noticed that I forgot to mention that part, since those are the only deaths that are necessary for the plot to move along.

Genealogy's "uniqueness" ruins the balance of the game. Knights need either more movement or for the maps to become smaller.

No way the Avatar is getting killed, he's a representation of ourselves and would be meaningless if we don't get to use him in 2nd generation.

Also, to prevent the Avatar and other characters from being too leveled when the 2nd generation begins and they rejoin, their levels would be reduced to 10 and their stats cut in half, they would also be unable to level past 20 in the 1st generation. Needless to say, enemies would be scaled to not be able to get past that level either. 

The only deaths necessary would still be there, all other deaths are pointless, specially since we never know if they really died or not, since the game tells us that their fate remained unknown.

The point of an Avatar is to be an OP unit that outshines even the protagonist. She or he dies and the game is over

Your idea will ruin its purpose. Who needs a crappy avatar that can't deal with the creeps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, hanhnn said:

The point of an Avatar is to be an OP unit that outshines even the protagonist. She or he dies and the game is over

Your idea will ruin its purpose. Who needs a crappy avatar that can't deal with the creeps?

How can it be crappy when Seliph does just fine at lv 1?

And no, the Avatar should be balanced just like everyone else. The more balanced a game is, the better.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DiogoJorge said:

How can it be crappy when Seliph does just fine at lv 1?

And no, the Avatar should be balanced just like everyone else. The more balanced a game is, the better.

 

Celice is too OP. He can solo the whole gen2.

Avatar, balance, every one else? You mean like Tristan, Amid, Johan,  Adan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, hanhnn said:

Celice is too OP. He can solo the whole gen2.

Avatar, balance, every one else? You mean like Tristan, Amid, Johan,  Adan.

Seliph would need to be nerfed, obviously.

Indeed, those should be balanced as well. Those without parents should have their own traits that makes them just as worthy using as their counterparts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DiogoJorge said:

Indeed, those should be balanced as well. Those without parents should have their own traits that makes them just as worthy using as their counterparts.

Technically, they do in game. The substitute characters tend to be more developed and have private conversations/events unique only to them. The only thing is that the child characters do have access to Holy Blood, which is supposed to make them unique and give them benefits. The child units themselves, besides Seliph, are rewards for playing the first generation well and taking the time to make two characters lovers. You don't technically need to pair up your units to win the game, but putting in that effort makes the second generation easier, as well as allowing you to pass down handy weapons/staffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SimplyUnknown said:

Technically, they do in game. The substitute characters tend to be more developed and have private conversations/events unique only to them. The only thing is that the child characters do have access to Holy Blood, which is supposed to make them unique and give them benefits. The child units themselves, besides Seliph, are rewards for playing the first generation well and taking the time to make two characters lovers. You don't technically need to pair up your units to win the game, but putting in that effort makes the second generation easier, as well as allowing you to pass down handy weapons/staffs.

There are also the special items that sylvia's children's replacements get (berserk staff and  barrier sword). These (plus the fact that each substitute gets a great skill, and the fact that stats matter a little less for their roles), make many people perfer the subs in this case. (the fact that the beserk staff can trivialise julious helps) That being said, slyvia is the only person whose kids have better subs. tyltu has okay subs (primaraly because tinny's sub can use thoron before promotion), but her best pairings are still way better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Yeah, I think adding more units than 24 units each gens would require lot of balance.

I agree that 1 more G1 female = 2 G2 children which also means 1 G1 male must be added to balance things.

But adding alternative characters could be a thing.

Such as, you can sacrifice Fury to save Mahnya.

Holin could be replaced by another random gladiator, Galzus maybe.

Ethnia instead of Tiltyu.

Arion joins if Hannibal dies.

Copy from other thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2017 at 6:36 PM, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

I thought of something. When it comes to inheritance, I want the parents to be able to buy weapons they can't use. Like if I want Lex!Arthur, I want Lex to be able to buy Elthunder and pass it down to him.

They already can. I had Fin pass down a silver blade to Delmud, it works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2017 at 4:39 AM, hanhnn said:

Yeah, I think adding more units than 24 units each gens would require lot of balance.

I agree that 1 more G1 female = 2 G2 children which also means 1 G1 male must be added to balance things.

But adding alternative characters could be a thing.

Such as, you can sacrifice Fury to save Mahnya.

Holin could be replaced by another random gladiator, Galzus maybe.

Ethnia instead of Tiltyu.

Arion joins if Hannibal dies.

Neat idea in concept, but I don't see it working out.

Sacrificing Fury to save Mahnya I could already see as being super controversial. Mahnya dies pretty much as soon as the action kicks off in chapter 4. Considering you must have children by the end of chapter 4, I can already seeing this being a total non-choice, since there's no way for Mahnya to realistically marry anyone in a normal game. It'd simply be something purely done for a gimmick and nothing else, and Mahnya would be mocked forever as one of the most useless FE characters.

Galzus wouldn't fight on the side of Isaachian royalty. Ever. It'd be tough to imagine him hanging out in a castle with Ayra without trying to murder her. Unless they rewrite FE5 to explain that he's no longer angry at Isaach for some reason(Which pretty much retcons about half of Galzus' character), Galzus would appear as an ally NPC at best. Plus, Galzus being a male with a canon single child seems wonky on top of potentially two others with another female.

Ethnia and Tiltyu I don't really see the point of. Ethnia's the mother of Tiltyu's substitutes. Outside of giving choosing the father for Amid and Linda(Which seems very strange), this doesn't really seem worthwhile.

Arion and Hannibal is the only one that feasibly makes sense, but narratively I don't see a reason for it.

I think there are a lot of things they could do with an FE4 Echoes, but I don't think they should just add stuff for the sake of adding stuff. Having more options is nice, but having useless or bad options usually detracts from a game more than it adds.

Edited by Slumber

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish that they would just take the first part of the story with Sigurd, and kind of rework it so that it becomes an amazing intense story for a whole game on it's own, and of course it has a tragic ending which would leave a bad taste in the players mouth. However, I think if they show the story from all perspective, keeping Sigurd as the main character, while also showing us the struggles and desires of other "villains" such as Arvis, and Manfroy relevant characters such as Deirdre, Arvis...etc., and then it could be pretty decent. I don't want to see a Genealogy remake where one game is dedicated to killing of a generation of parents just to get to the second generation and what they do. I'd rather see two part series for a Genealogy remake.

Edited by Logos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2017 at 9:23 AM, Jonahtron said:

They already can. I had Fin pass down a silver blade to Delmud, it works.

No, Finn didn't BUY the silver blade. He can get it from killing Chagall and passes it down that way. But Finn can't buy the Silver Blade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

No, Finn didn't BUY the silver blade. He can get it from killing Chagall and passes it down that way. But Finn can't buy the Silver Blade

Anyone can get weapons and pass them down from drops or villages, but no one can buy weapons they can't use. Note that even if you could buy weapons, you could never pass down elthunder because it is impossable to obtain elthunder in gen one (it comes in tinny's starting inventory in gen 2). In fact, Lex!arther would not benefit at all from parents buying weapons because elthunder is unobtainable, he can't use elfire, elwind, or thoron unpromoted (and therefore can't inheret them), and he comes with Wind anyway.  Any dad that gives him the ability to inheret a better weapon (levin and azel) can use the weapon type anyway, making it easy to buy. The person who this really hurts is lester, as no bows are avalible from villages or enemy drops in gen one, meaning that he can't inheret any bows at all without the right dad. Adding insult to injury is the fact that you can't get any good bows in gen 2 until faval joins midway through chapter 8 (whereas people like delmund can just buy one of seliph's swords if they don't inheret any).

Edited by sirmola

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh wait, I think I got an idea about adding some new characters to avoid making too many children for the Genealogy remake with adding some non-mothers & non-fathers in Generation 1 plot that one of them could be recruited sometime after Chapter 3 or the later chapters and they can't get accessed to marry one of the father units nor the mother units. What about if they only add just one or a few new mother(s) to make sure that they don't get any father units feel lonely and maybe the other characters that won't produce children similar to like how Awakening and Fates did have that? They did have some males and some females that can't get their own child but can marry to the Avatar and gets a single child (Morgan and Kana) from pairing with the Avatar similar to like the non-married 11 characters from Awakening and non-married 8 characters from Fates. I think they should possibly add some non-married playable characters sometime before Chapter 5's ending.

Edited by King Marth 64

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

No, Finn didn't BUY the silver blade. He can get it from killing Chagall and passes it down that way. But Finn can't buy the Silver Blade

Yeah, you’re probably right. I swear I remember buying it with him, but this was forever ago, so I guess I just misremembered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to see cutscenes in this game. Breaks during chapters would be stupid and undermine the Genealogy of the Holy War experience. Being able to save after taking a castle would work just fine or just being able to save mid chapter. I'd love to have all Legendary Weapons be usable. It was kinda disappointing to me that they weren't usable at all in Genealogy. Also if they do this they better fucking let Ulster use axes as a hero. No turnwheel should be in this game unless they find a really good easy way to fit it into the plot which I doubt they can. Instead of support/lover conversations just in the game I'd like to see a few more mid chapter talk conversations that may relate more to the battle or task at hand or whatever. Bonus chapters might be kinda cool actually. Idk if they should be really added into the plot though, just because of the potential for plotholes there. If they can do it right it might work. Orchestrations of the soundtrack would be cool. Seliph and Julia should not be able to pair up, it's incest. Honestly if they go the new recruitable unit route with this game at all like they did with SoV I hope they make it so you can just recruit characters who were already there but not recruitable. Characters like Ishtore, Liza, and Jabarro come to mind. Jabarro was a pretty generic character but given a non generic design maybe they could allow Ares to recruit him or something like that. I'd love to see Ishtore and Liza be recruitable. Ishtore is a pretty likable character and he's presented in the game as not really being a bad person at all. If they really wanted they could even make some more Thracia characters recruitable in the second gen.

Edited by edgelordweeaboo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 A lot of characters in the second gen are OP. Ayra/Lex Ulster and Larcei will solo the game easily as well. Ares can also pretty much solo the game. If you're really smart with getting Leaf a lot of early EXP he can solo the game too. Shannan can also basically solo the game. Oifey probably could nearly do it too. Honestly Lewyn/Tailtiu Arthur probably could too just because of Foreseti if he's given all the gold so he can repair it as needed. This game doesn't care about balance in the second gen and I'm okay with that. I kinda like just having a bunch of broken units in the second gen actually.

On 11/8/2017 at 8:13 PM, SimplyUnknown said:

Technically, they do in game. The substitute characters tend to be more developed and have private conversations/events unique only to them. The only thing is that the child characters do have access to Holy Blood, which is supposed to make them unique and give them benefits. The child units themselves, besides Seliph, are rewards for playing the first generation well and taking the time to make two characters lovers. You don't technically need to pair up your units to win the game, but putting in that effort makes the second generation easier, as well as allowing you to pass down handy weapons/staffs.

I would be okay with just not pairing Sylvia up but I like Corple. Paired her with Lewyn like a retard in my first run but at least Corple got to be the Foresti god. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2017 at 9:54 AM, edgelordweeaboo said:

I'd love to see cutscenes in this game. Breaks during chapters would be stupid and undermine the Genealogy of the Holy War experience. Being able to save after taking a castle would work just fine or just being able to save mid chapter. I'd love to have all Legendary Weapons be usable. It was kinda disappointing to me that they weren't usable at all in Genealogy. Also if they do this they better fucking let Ulster use axes as a hero.

This right here is exactly what I have been thinking! From a gameplay perspective it just makes sense to get all the weapons, and letting Ulster use axes means he can use Helswath like he deserves.

 

On 12/18/2017 at 9:54 AM, edgelordweeaboo said:

Honestly if they go the new recruitable unit route with this game at all like they did with SoV I hope they make it so you can just recruit characters who were already there but not recruitable. Characters like Ishtore, Liza, and Jabarro come to mind. Jabarro was a pretty generic character but given a non generic design maybe they could allow Ares to recruit him or something like that. I'd love to see Ishtore and Liza be recruitable. Ishtore is a pretty likable character and he's presented in the game as not really being a bad person at all. If they really wanted they could even make some more Thracia characters recruitable in the second gen.

I like the direction of this but I wonder how it would affect the gameplay if you have such a different roster from the original. SoV added just two new characters with variable impact on the gameplay, so if they are to add new characters in a Genealogy remake, they should add 1-2 and have it make perfect sense plot-wise. There are lots of options so I'm open to possibility. 

 

On 12/18/2017 at 9:54 AM, edgelordweeaboo said:

Seliph and Julia should not be able to pair up, it's incest.

Seliph and Julia should be able to pair up, it's Fire Emblem

Edited by GreatHylian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GreatHylian said:

This right here is exactly what I have been thinking! From a gameplay perspective it just makes sense to get all the weapons, and letting Ulster use axes means he can use Helswath like he deserves.

 

I like the direction of this but I wonder how it would affect the gameplay if you have such a different roster from the original. SoV added just two new characters with variable impact on the gameplay, so if they are to add new characters in a Genealogy remake, they should add 1-2 and have it make perfect sense plot-wise. There are lots of options so I'm open to possibility. 

 

Seliph and Julia should be able to pair up, it's Fire Emblem

I don't think making someone like Ishtore recruitable would affect the plot very much at all. it would probably just add a few conversations to the game. The "It's Fire Emblem" thing doesn't work for Julia x Seliph because characters haven't been able to pair up if they're blood related in the past. "It's FE4" would work though I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, edgelordweeaboo said:

I don't think making someone like Ishtore recruitable would affect the plot very much at all. it would probably just add a few conversations to the game.

I was referring to the game balance in that there is another thunder mage in the party alongside Arthur and Tini. I think it's doable, but the issue lies in picking the right character(s) to add that also add something new to the roster instead of another cavalier for example.

 

3 hours ago, edgelordweeaboo said:

The "It's Fire Emblem" thing doesn't work for Julia x Seliph because characters haven't been able to pair up if they're blood related in the past. "It's FE4" would work though I guess.

Good point. Seliph and Julia should be able to pair up, it's FE4. Haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GreatHylian said:

I was referring to the game balance in that there is another thunder mage in the party alongside Arthur and Tini. I think it's doable, but the issue lies in picking the right character(s) to add that also add something new to the roster instead of another cavalier for example.

 

Good point. Seliph and Julia should be able to pair up, it's FE4. Haha

Ovo is a boss with unique portrait,  if he turns into a playable version of Reinhardt would be nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, hanhnn said:

Ovo is a boss with unique portrait,  if he turns into a playable version of Reinhardt would be nice.

thought about ovo but i figured he'd be too generic but i'd like to see that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2017 at 8:30 AM, GreatHylian said:

This right here is exactly what I have been thinking! From a gameplay perspective it just makes sense to get all the weapons, and letting Ulster use axes means he can use Helswath like he deserves.

 

I like the direction of this but I wonder how it would affect the gameplay if you have such a different roster from the original. SoV added just two new characters with variable impact on the gameplay, so if they are to add new characters in a Genealogy remake, they should add 1-2 and have it make perfect sense plot-wise. There are lots of options so I'm open to possibility. 

 

Seliph and Julia should be able to pair up, it's Fire Emblem

2 points. 1. The fact that half the crusader weapons are in the enemy hands while half are in your hands is just a cool sort of set story bit. Making the player able to use all of them would kinda ruin that.

2. Ok. I’ve posted this several times now but people don’t seem to get this. Incest in fe4 is portrayed as bad. Not cousin incest, as that’s considered normal in Japan, but Sibling incest is a huge no. Eldigan is a married man, let me remind you, so his weird relationship with his sister is cheating, plus look where it gets him. Lachesis pleads with him to stop fighting, and he gets his head chopped off. Plus, do I even need to explain Arvis and Deirdre? The product of their incest literally brings about the Antichrist. Saying “Seliph and Julia should be able to fuck because haha fe4 lol” is just missing the point so hard it hurts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jonahtron said:

2 points. 1. The fact that half the crusader weapons are in the enemy hands while half are in your hands is just a cool sort of set story bit. Making the player able to use all of them would kinda ruin that.

The idea I was trying to convey is that the other holy weapons should be earned after defeating the previous owner. In that way, you still have to fight other holy weapon users but you actually get to use it(potentially) after you kill them. Since they only appear in the end game, you will only really be able to use every holy weapon for the fight against the Deadlords, which I think is pretty fitting.

 

10 hours ago, Jonahtron said:

2. Ok. I’ve posted this several times now but people don’t seem to get this. Incest in fe4 is portrayed as bad. Not cousin incest, as that’s considered normal in Japan, but Sibling incest is a huge no. Eldigan is a married man, let me remind you, so his weird relationship with his sister is cheating, plus look where it gets him. Lachesis pleads with him to stop fighting, and he gets his head chopped off. Plus, do I even need to explain Arvis and Deirdre? The product of their incest literally brings about the Antichrist. Saying “Seliph and Julia should be able to fuck because haha fe4 lol” is just missing the point so hard it hurts. 

As for this, incest is basically a meme in FE4 at this point and isn't something to be taken too seriously, just as the pseudo-incest in Fates was just more fanservice than anything meaningful. That being said, Eldigan and Lachesis's relationship is meant to be portrayed as a tragic and forbidden love, much like Camus and Nyna(whom which they are based on). The game lets on very little of this perspective but side works emphasize it more, that is if we are to consider their representation of the characters as canon or at least believable. 

And Seliph x Julia is just for those crit Auras and Nagas haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From completing FE4, my list changed:

  • Reduce the amount of telling compared to the amount shown, so much of the game's lore is told.I want to see for myself Ishtar saving the kids rather than a person inform me.
  • Reduce the backtracking and time spent positioning units. What I played Fe4, I had 40 hours log in. I'm pretty sure that most of that time was to move everyone to travel to the next castle.
  • Don't make the villains hold all the power. For majority of the story, Manfroy and Julius hold all the cards. Able to successfully manipulate almost the entire continent. It cheapen  Sigurd and Seliph's journey when they don't stand a chance from the start.
  • Make Seliph's victory in the end more satisfying. To only reason that he won was because Arvis allowed him to claim Tyrfing. Then Manfroy has an idiot moment is leaves Julia alive. In any other story that would be considered cheap.
  • Make Deirdre and Julia feel less is plot objects. I understand that they have a important status in the story, but at least give them more interactions in the story.
  • Reduce the plot armor from the villains, Manfroy is one of the most ridiculous antagonists in the series, the only reason his plan succeeded was because the story wanted him to. How did he captured Deirdre, because the plot wanted it, and the list goes on.
  • Change Lewyn completely 
  • And some of the other ideas mentioned in this thread.
Edited by Jingle Jangle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...