The most underrated Fire emblem game

Emperor

2 minutes ago, Nobody said:

You are being obtuse. If the intent was for dead units to stay forever dead, the game would auto save whenever someone died. The intent of the game is being beaten and nothing else. If you can reset to keep your units alive, that might as well be "the intent of the game".

I don't really agree with it but fair enough.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Man, nice insult. 10/10. Why should anyone talk you seriously, honestly? Give me one good reason why anyone should take you seriously at this point? You've already been labeled an elitist by not just me, but several people in this thread. Calling me a smartass probably gives them further reason for people to call you an elitist.

I mean you were being a smart ass by typing "LOL" and giving an example that is not comparable. And honestly Its not a big deal dude move on. And its also because you missed my point about the gaiden chapters in SD. It goes against FE type of game play. Iron man does not.  The fact that you can skip them is ok. But What I was going on about is that how to unlock them GOES AGAINST FE. If you want to unlock them kill of your units that you dont use. Thats what I did because I was curious about the maps. And I wanted more bang for my buck. I kept 15 great units and killed the rest. In a FE game I should not be actively trying to play bad to unlock them. I know its meant to help up new players but it should not do that by rewarding bad play which goes against FE and really any game. No game should reward you for bad play. Its the idea that annoys. Not so much the maps themselves like you and 24x. 

Seriously is this forum just filled with a bunch of paper thin skinned vaginas? Any other community I could say, if you play games on easy you are a casual without being called an elitist. This really is new to me. If you play NM or Awaking on Casual or god forbid, phoenix mode in fates you are a casual bite me.  

2 minutes ago, Emperor said:

I mean you were being a smart ass by typing "LOL"

>Implying you haven't done it before.

3 minutes ago, Emperor said:

Seriously is this forum just filled with a bunch of paper thin skinned vaginas? Any other community I could say, if you play games on easy you are a casual without being called an elitist. This really is new to me. If you play NM or Awaking on Casual or god forbid, phoenix mode in fates you are a casual bite me.

Yeah, i'm really not taking you seriously anymore. And probably no one else will take you seriously either because of that bolded statement. 

I don't care if someone is a casual are hardcore gamer. The problem is that you throw out the term "casual" in a negative context. That's what makes you an elitist. See ya.

Just now, Armagon said:

>Implying you haven't done it before.

Yeah, i'm really not taking you seriously anymore. And probably no one else will take you seriously either because of that bolded statement. 

I don't care if someone is a casual are hardcore gamer. The problem is that you throw out the term "casual" in a negative context. That's what makes you an elitist. See ya.

The difference is I dont care enough to point it out. And no I dont think I have't. 

And I dont care either but lets not beat around the bush now. If you play games on easy mode, you are a casual. And it seems to be true if people get all high and mighty when some one calls some one else a casual. 

17 minutes ago, Emperor said:

The difference is I dont care enough to point it out. And no I dont think I have't. 

And I dont care either but lets not beat around the bush now. If you play games on easy mode, you are a casual. And it seems to be true if people get all high and mighty when some one calls some one else a casual. 

For me, if you haven't beaten New Mystery of the Emblem on Lunatic, you're a casual. In my eyes, you're a casual, TC. I mean, you even found the Illyana recruitment chapter in FE9 challenging even thought you were playing on normal, which is actually the lowest difficulty in the Japanese version (FYI it's easy even on maniac).

I think people are having an issue with you because you're acting on a high horse, and thinking of yourself as a Fire Emblem "pro" just for beating a game that isn't even hard (Thracia).

2 minutes ago, Nobody said:

For me, if you haven't beaten New Mystery of the Emblem on Lunatic, you're a casual. In my eyes, you're a casual, TC. I mean, you even found the Illyana recruitment chapter in FE9 challenging even thought you were playing on normal, which is actually the lowest difficulty in the Japanese version (FYI it's easy even on maniac).

I think people are having an issue with you because you're acting on a high horse, and thinking of yourself as a Fire Emblem "pro" just for beating a game that isn't even hard (Thracia).

Nah thats you and others projecting tbh. Ill be the first to say I suck at FE. My score in Thracia was god awful. And only 5 units lived the first time I played FE6 on normal. And you said that fathers and sons was challenging and that chapter was easy even on hard with no grinding. You can call me a casual thats fine. I just dont get what kind of community gets all triggered one somebody calls another a casual for playing on, casual mode. Or plays a game on easy, or complains and wants difficulty to be downgraded etc. And also not to back peddle but its been a while since I played PoR. So maybe I got gud by that time. 

6 minutes ago, Emperor said:

And you said that fathers and sons was challenging and that chapter was easy even on hard with no grinding.

I never said it was challenging. In fact I said it was easy. I just said it was less easy than anything on Path of Radiance. I don't understand what's your purpose here? Do you want everyone to say Thracia is perfect? It's not. I like the game, but not everyone does. The reason many dislike it doesn't even have anything to do with difficulty, since, again, Thracia is NOT a hard game, and pales compared to SD H5, NM H3/4 or Conquest Lunatic, and there are plenty of people here who dislike Thracia and like those other modes. You just need to respect others' opinions and understand that not everyone will like what you like, that there are plenty of people who dislike Thracia and yeah, that many of them might as well be way better at Fire Emblem than you. I don't doubt there are LTC players out there who are not fond of Thracia.

Edited by Nobody

58 minutes ago, Nobody said:

I never said it was challenging. In fact I said it was easy. I just said it was less easy than anything on Path of Radiance. I don't understand what's your purpose here? Do you want everyone to say Thracia is perfect? It's not. I like the game, but not everyone does. The reason many dislike it doesn't even have anything to do with difficulty, since, again, Thracia is NOT a hard game, and pales compared to SD H5, NM H3/4 or Conquest Lunatic, and there are plenty of people here who dislike Thracia and like those other modes. You just need to respect others' opinions and understand that not everyone will like what you like, that there are plenty of people who dislike Thracia and yeah, that many of them might as well be way better at Fire Emblem than you. I don't doubt there are LTC players out there who are not fond of Thracia.

It got out of hand because I am not used to a community that is so thin skinned that would get trigger over some one saying that its rather casual if you cant handle difficulty or something I forgot my original quote. And I never said thracia was perfect but alot of the complaints are down right not an issue. And I love it when people say you need to respect others opinions. I have stated many times to lets agree to disagree so I dont get that point. 

Also not once did I replay to a poster saying they did not like thracia and try to convenience them to like it. It was to posters who said, thracia sucks because of x y and z and telling them x y and z arent a big deal. 

Edited by Emperor

1 hour ago, Emperor said:

I mean you were being a smart ass by typing "LOL" and giving an example that is not comparable. And honestly Its not a big deal dude move on. And its also because you missed my point about the gaiden chapters in SD. It goes against FE type of game play. Iron man does not.  The fact that you can skip them is ok. But What I was going on about is that how to unlock them GOES AGAINST FE. If you want to unlock them kill of your units that you dont use. Thats what I did because I was curious about the maps. And I wanted more bang for my buck. I kept 15 great units and killed the rest. In a FE game I should not be actively trying to play bad to unlock them. I know its meant to help up new players but it should not do that by rewarding bad play which goes against FE and really any game. No game should reward you for bad play. Its the idea that annoys. Not so much the maps themselves like you and 24x. 

If I play on Fates Lunatic difficulty but on Casual because of the save button, am I a casual?

3 minutes ago, Sweet_Basil said:

If I play on Fates Lunatic difficulty but on Casual because of the save button, am I a casual?

Save button negates the point of the challenge tbh. Same thing with save states so yea. Idc what you do in your own spare time. Not gonna take the dildo out of your hands but lets not beat around the bush. 

4 minutes ago, Emperor said:

Save button negates the point of the challenge tbh. Same thing with save states so yea. Idc what you do in your own spare time. Not gonna take the dildo out of your hands but lets not beat around the bush. 

I know it makes things convenient, I'm doing a lunatic classic on Conquest rn and about 3/4 of my army is dead (ironman run). Makes me miss the save button from my previous runs.

48 minutes ago, Sweet_Basil said:

I know it makes things convenient, I'm doing a lunatic classic on Conquest rn and about 3/4 of my army is dead (ironman run). Makes me miss the save button from my previous runs.

atleast you can do iron man. I was to much of a bitch to go throw with it in FE6 HM when Lilina dead. Good luck.

8 hours ago, Flee Fleet! said:

wait, I thought Leaf had to be the last one to escape?

whoops... of course... edited

9 hours ago, Emperor said:

Everything you mentioned is not artificial. Artificial difficulty is a term used when describing a game thats difficulty is based around higher numbers and thats it. Ex: Normal mode has random dude with 5hp, hard mode has the dude at 50hp or something to that effect. (Ever since dark souls came out people have been using that term incorrectly I swear). Its pretty much just numbers and everything you mentioned has nothing to do with numbers other then Guaranteed hit and miss (by one) and heals can miss which, like is really not a big deal. Fatigue teaches you to resource your units as you would items, leaf having to ascape makes escape maps, actually escape maps since before and after its more of a seize the throne. Every should make it out first before the chapter ends. 
I don't mind how escape works in FE5, tbh I even prefer them because they are more realistic. However if some low movement units are left behind and caught up by reinforcements while Leaf stands next to the escape tile, it causes a certain point of frustration.
Same goes for the hitrate which just increases the factor of luck.

Honestly, maybe because I was scroll abusing Karrin, I never felt Ballistats were any more scary in FE5 then other games in which they kill instead of just damage (fuck you conquest). I find them more scary in FE6 because some of them can crit (Killer baliisatas really IS?) 
Ballistas are more dangerous because you have lots of fragile units like Safy who might not even be able to take a hit. In FE4 everyone has the HP a / o defense to take a hit.

6 hours ago, Valkama said:

I don't get why people care about the no guaranteed miss. 1% isn't a big deal and it ends up making the game less annoying cause it means enemies don't stop attacking once they hit 0 hit like they do in FE4 which is hella dumb.

If you miss with 99% several times (it happens like a half dozen times in every run for me) with the knowledge you should have 100%, it will become frustrating.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, i heard Reinhardt is only beatable with certain units, and that's assuming they are trained properly.

You don't have to fight him if you steal his equipment with the thief staff. He'll leave then.
The other way is to warpskip.

I think you can also Berserk Reinhardt I think, and Sleep via Blizzard tome or Sleep Staff works too. Silence lets you tank him physically.

For killing him, well you have plenty of offensive juggernauts in T776. Some careful planning and a bit of luck should be able to take him out. Being able to tank 35x2 Res hitting damage (Dire Thunder plus 20 Mag) is the big challenge given physical units have crap Mag in FE5. The Master Sword is there to scare of mages and OHKO you with its 20 crit. Of course is this not excusing Reinhardt's Authority Star +15 hit and avoid boost for him and his lackeys. Marita or a Brave Sword user could potentially kill him before he ever gets a hit off if they crit or proc a skill.

If you have and have trained Olwen, have her talk with her brother so she can get the Holy Sword. If Reinhardt has Dire Thunder equipped, he'll be slow and easy to double, plus the Holy Sword combined with Olwen's naturally great Magic means she can tank it easily, and the natural crit, high Might and anti-Cav properties of the Holy Sword should make for a massive crippling, if not ORKO.

In short Rein is very much a threat indeed, but not insurmountable. 

Fighting him is super risky if you don't have nihil. Reinhardt has wrath and continue and dime thunder is also a brave weapon.

Putting him to sleep would save two of the very rare thief staff uses because asleep people should be dismounted iirc so it should be easy to capture him. 

6 hours ago, Aya Shameimaru said:

If you miss with 99% several times (it happens like a half dozen times in every run for me) with the knowledge you should have 100%, it will become frustrating.

I was talking about the hit floor of 1% not the hit ceiling of 99%.

On 8/23/2017 at 0:59 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think you can also Berserk Reinhardt I think

Got you psyduck.  I regret scroll abusing, Shiva and Olwen (I think) destroyed him the old fashion way but I do feel as if I cheated. He was a cake walk for me w/o berserker or status ailments. The moment a new patch comes in ama replay it w/o scroll abusing. 

I didn't even remember that enemies attack a berserked ally, probably because I have used it very rarely yet. The issue if you berserk Reinhardt is, you risk to lose lots of daimthunder uses.

Putting him asleep or stealing his equipment with the thief stave is the most comfortable way. Then kill the boss (Asvel works best) by warp + rescue and Cyas will leave at once. Then you got rid of the majority of the enemies's leadership stars.

• 3 weeks later...

There are a lot of really cool ideas like capture, the multiple objectives, personal weapons, scrolls among other things but I got as far as chapter 17 before I quit do to, "trying to get through it", rather than thoroughly enjoying the experience. Maybe I'll try again another time but it's probably towards the bottom of my hypothetical FE ranking, although to be fair having not finished it that's not fair to thracia. Hit rates just felt way too unreliable, ballista use use really apparent, fatigue was imo poorly executed, and seemingly unfair map design without prior knowledge are some of what comes to mind for my personal reasons of disliking thracia.