4th tiers

I wanna know what people think about 15's 4th tier. Do you like them, do you hate them, do you not like what they got rid of? I personally like all of them, they are kinda broken and a bit useless at times. But I still like it them to a sense, thank you for your input :)

4th tier is just a waste of real life money. It's simply cashgrab DLC, so go away. The game was designed around having three tiers, not four.

The 4th tiers aren't necessary, but I don't have anything against them.  I don't have any of them, but if you want to be a bit more powerful, then go for it.  My only wish for the 4th tiers is that they have more viability somehow rather than just being a thing that's just there.

I bought all the DLC, so I guess I'm a bit of a hypocrite at times, but I, as I said, like 4th tier. I didn't like the whole spell list issue, it really hampered Tati's usefulness to I leveled her up again. I wish the devs didn't make it as sloppy as they did. 

Got rid of characters' unique palettes and animations, was not functionally implemented well, and cost money when it should have been free DLC at best. Not interested. 

That said, they look pretty cool, at the very least.

As said, I would use tier 4 units if they didn't remove the unique animations (Delthea needs to do her trademark pose and Alm needs to sheath his sword instead of stabbing it into the ground) Also I did not know they messed up the spell list, that's actually dumb, why not just have the spells currently on the character stay there and just add new ones?

I disliked the unique poses completely overriding the character exclusive poses as opposed to just alternating between the two, but I've liked some of the helpfulness the ones I've been able to get someone leveled up to have, such as OverPriestess having access to the Death spell, OverFalconKnight having access to the Fire spell, or OverBowKnight having Bowrange +3, so I'd say overall it was good apart from the whole drop $15 on it thing

I would, however, like to point out that I really dislike the Harrier's outfit design - the semi-open front seriously bugged me.

I don't mind them as much as DLC as I would if they were just part of the game normally, since generally-speaking I'm not really big on needless power escalation. Even Gaiden/Echoes', and Radiant Dawn's third-tiers are kinda pushing it for me.

I'm also not a fan of how the Overclasses don't retain character-specific outfit colorations or victory animations. It makes everyone of the same class end up looking and being animated pretty samey.

Additionally, spellcasters being reverted back to their tier 2 level 1 spell lists and having to relearn everything after that is really silly. Plus, this might just be me, but I think Mages reclassed to Harriers should've been able to learn all their Black Magic spells that they would've learned as Mages/Priestesses while in that class, but that's mainly just my love for consistency talking.

Edited by Topaz Light

The weird thing about this classes is that they are not even any good as pay-to-win due to their step requirement of having to be level 20 at your final class in order to be able to use them. Once a unit gets that many levels, there is simply nothing in the game that is able to offer any resistance.

It's a shame since some of these classes do have some interesting abilities. For example Harriers can use the Magic Ring to attack from four tiles or use the Saunion while still being able to counter in melee. But again, by the time you can use them there is simply no need for such tricks.

Edit: Btw, I don't know what this talk is about spellcasters loosing their spells. I haven't seen this with any character I promoted. Maybe this is something that they actually fixed that with that one update they did.

Edited by BrightBow

My problem with the 4th tier classes is that few of them are not fitting at all for what came before, I feel that this comes from them being too exotic for their own good. Most of these classes feel like the dread fighter, a strange promotion that makes little sense when you consider what came before.

The Enchantress makes no sense as a direct promotion for the priestess, the class looks more like an alternate class option that you would see in branching promotions in awakening or fates or a promotion for the witch class.

The Spartan is just strange when you consider the baron being designed after a more traditional knight (albeit with an air of nobility surrounding it) but then we have the spartan coming in with what looks like no armor whatsoever and a comically large shield and again being a spartan which is a very different type of warrior. The skills added however do work regardless of the class idea a simple name change is all that's needed.

The Exemplar is ok, overall, I think design wise, it is more suitable for the cleric than than the saint, I always felt like the mostly open front look was a bit too bold for a woman of the cloth. the new spells confuse me that they were not added sooner, and I was hoping for a new summon (a bit hopeful, but I can dream), but aside from that the class feels acceptable for what it is.

The Harrier makes me feel the same as the dark flier, it's ok as an alternate for the pegasus knight but I feel like it makes no sense as a primary form of progression.

The Yasha is as weird a mercenary progression as the dread fighter if not weirder, I like the general design but I feel like it is unfitting for a regular unit.

the Olifantier is kind of like the spartan where the general design is a bit odd in the environment of SoV, I like what it does for the bow knight but I don't like the whole advanced technology aspect of it and think that it doesn't have much of a place if fire emblem.

Of course I feel the same as everyone else about things like the palate loss and the animation problems but I think that I made my point and I am mostly talking about the units that I found to be of the highest note in my opinion so I understand that I am skipping a few.

Edited by thecrimsonflash