Who are Alice and Valjean?

MetalAmethyst

Alice and Valjean are two new original characters for FE Cipher who were just revealed only hours ago from today's livestream. Their appearances were previously teased in a column update on the official website earlier this month, and we can expect them to continue showing up there along with the other Cipher Companions. They'll both be getting cards this upcoming set, which is why they're there on that wiki page.

Ok, so Valjean just looks like Fudor from Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Spoiler

Valjean
DHl2Kh0UwAE2ChX.jpg

Fudor

USepEu8.png

Anyway, these designs are pretty interesting. I thought Alice was Jugdralian and Valjean was a tease from FE16. But it turns out that Alice is from Fatesland while Valijean is Jugdralian. 

Like the other four Cipher mascots, i suppose these two will be playable via DLC in FE16. 

Edited by Armagon

1 minute ago, Hardin said:

I would say that Alice and Valjean are meant to be Zenith characters, rather than Fates or Jugdrali. 

That's possible too, as they are listed in the Heroes category. But then, Alice is listed for Fates where as Valjean is listed for Thracia.

Hmm. I'm confused. Guess we'll wait and see.

The Cipher mascots use the "boundless chaos" to travel through worlds. Plus Alice and Valjean are Askr. So they can be associated with anyone. It's just their origin is mostly Askran.

Yeah, I'm rather inclined to believe they're from Zenith than anywhere else for multiple reasons. One is that it's always been a trait for the original characters to hail from the realm in which their debut starting cards designate. Another is that we already know that they have a pre-established relationship with each other (Valjean refers to Alice as their liege in the column update), which I think would be much more realistic if they came from the same realm as opposed to different ones.

Edited by Prince of Iris

22 hours ago, escotanner said:

New original characters and they're most likely from Zenith?! I don't wanna jump the gun here, but I think these two might pop up in Heroes...unless I'm wrong.

Most likely as part of a Cipher banner or a Paralogue.