Fire Emblem Heroes ldea : Trading Units System

Emil Amnell

New idea based on many opinions and idea from this topic here :

l posted this idea a while ago but didn't get many answers or opinions. l'm not giving up so l'm trying my luck again. New ideas obtained from original posts have also been added at the end. Feel free to give your opinions and ideas.

So, a friend and l have been thinking and discussing about this for a while. How about a Unit Trading System in FEH? We came up with an idea we believe to be good enough to please everyone, developers and players alike. l would like to know your opinions and if it makes sense.

The system itself would work in terms of ''Offers''. For example : l have a Marth and l want a Roy. Someone has a Roy and wants a Marth. So, l post an offer saying that l would exchange my Marth against a Roy. The other person sees it and accepts it. We each receive a notification (like the Owl) saying the trade has been processed. This would be the basic idea.

Now for some more specifics. The main issue we'll want to avoid is people abusing this system. To prevent that, there would be a cooldown of 30 days between trades. You can accept an offer even if you already posted one. ln such case, once you accepted an offer, yours will be removed automatically and you will be on cooldown for 30 days. The cooldown does not apply monthly. You can't trade a unit on May 31 and another on June 1st. The cooldown will only be effective after a successful trade, willing removal of your own offer or taking back your Orb Deposit (details for that further below). That way, people can't post ''joke offers'' without consequences and even if someone has many accounts, they will have to wait a while before being able to trade many times to their ''main'' account.

ln the hope that the developers agree to this idea, we'd have to pay Orbs for the trade (a minimum of 5, which is fair since we pay at least that when summoning). We would make a ''deposit'' of 5 Orbs. Once the deposit is done, you gain ''Trade Rights''. Meaning that you can make your own offer or accept someone's offer. ln order to avoid ''Joke offers'' canceling your offer or taking your Orb Deposit back would trigger the cooldown of 30 days. Of course, once you offered a Unit in a trade, you may no longer send it away, merge it or customise it, even use it at all.

Finally, you may only trade units of the same Rarity. Meaning you can't trade a 4-star Chrom for a 5-star Lucina. lf you want a 5-star Unit, you must offer a 5-star Unit and vice-versa. Once units have been traded, they will be returned to level 1, along with their Original Skills and Stats so that ''customised'' Units cannot be traded, thus preventing more abuse of the system and keeping the true idea while using the Trade System. lt'll also let the new owner of the unit the chance to level it and customise it themselves.

New ideas :

-While returned to Level 1, a customised Unit could keep its inherited Skills but they would be reseted. The new owner would have to re-grind the SP to use them. 

-An offer could last 30 days. lf no one takes it, your Orbs are returned and you have no cooldown to try again.

-The ''Natures'' or ''Boons and Banes'' that make a Unit's stats cannot be altered. You can't choose them when you summon them so why sould trading allow it?

l truly think it has potential. lf you have any idea to improve it, or something you don't understand, feel free to ask and submit your ideas! lf enough people think it sounds good, we could try pitching the idea to the developers directly and see what they make of it.

Thanks for your time!

Edited by Emil Amnell
New idea based on many people ideas and opinions

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

Trading fundamentally undermines the game's way of getting people to pay for it and is therefore not a thing gacha games do.

Not wrong. But it would be a 1-1 trade system. lf you don't have THIS specific Unit for the trade, it won't work. And if you have a 5* but not a 4 as requested, then too bad. Besides, trading wouldn't be free, in case you missed that point. ''ln the hope that the developers agree to this idea, we'd have to pay Orbs for the trade (a minimum of 5, which is fair since we pay at least that when summoning).'' lt could also be more than 5. l'm just giving a basic idea here.

Thank you for trying to say that it won't work but that doesn't mean l won't try. Have a lovely day!

Wonder Trade or bust

Outside of completely random trading bracketed by rarity I cannot see them allowing Hero trading, and even then it would probably only be once a day to prevent you from brute-force recirculating to get who you want.

3 minutes ago, Emil Amnell said:

Thank you for trying to say that it won't work but that doesn't mean l won't try. Have a lovely day!

It's a discussion forum.  People are bound to disagree.  If you only want to post your thoughts, without any feedback, create a blog instead.

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

It's a discussion forum.  People are bound to disagree.  If you only want to post your thoughts, without any feedback, create a blog instead.

Oh l'm fully aware of that. But if one random person disagreeing with my idea is enough to discourage me, l won't go very far, don't you think? People can disagree as much as they want. That doesn't mean l won't try my luck all the same.

Just now, Emil Amnell said:

Oh l'm fully aware of that. But if one random person disagreeing with my idea is enough to discourage me, l won't go very far, don't you think? People can disagree as much as they want. That doesn't mean l won't try my luck all the same.

People will disagree with the idea, myself included.  As long as it's civil disagreement, it's allowed here.  Making passive-aggressive comments doesn't help your case.

8 minutes ago, X-Naut said:

Wonder Trade or bust

Outside of completely random trading bracketed by rarity I cannot see them allowing Hero trading, and even then it would probably only be once a day to prevent you from brute-force recirculating to get who you want.

Well, the 30 days cooldown is mainly to avoid abuses of any kind. Even l think it's a bit excessive but if people get all they want so easily, the Devs would never allow it, and it would sap some fun of the game.

Just now, eclipse said:

People will disagree with the idea, myself included.  As long as it's civil disagreement, it's allowed here.  Making passive-aggressive comments doesn't help your case.

Oh well. Then please accept my apologies if you saw it this way but l was merely trying to remain polite.

Now, let's close our discussion before it turns into an argument, shall we? l'm here to show this idea and you disagree. Case closed.

Honestly, I prefer a Heroes shop in which I can spend badges (I'm certain a lot of players - especially day 1 players - have a lot of these and not much to do with them) getting a specific hero I want. Naturally, as the hero wasn't obtained using orbs, the hero can only have neutral stats (no RNG madness; better than units with poor boon/bane combinations though generally not better than units with good boons/bane combinations). Another point for balance can be that the hero is bought at 1-star, meaning the 1-star unit can cost a lot of time and resources to become 5-star, let alone a fully kitted 5-star if the player goes that route.

It doesn't invalidate rerolling as 1-star units are generally impractical to use in combat and can be difficult to train up without shards/crystals for new players and the aforementioned being locked to neutral stats means that players can still try to reroll for a specific unit with a desirable boon/bane combination, particularly a 5-star one. Sure, it can be an easy way to fill out the Catalog of Heroes though completing every entry (getting the 5* lv. 40 conversations) is an entirely different task!

The only way I can see this ever working realistically is if:

1. The orb deposit is increased to 20

2. The following units cannot be traded: those that can only be summoned at 5*, GHB units, and TT reward units

3. You can trade any unit that isn't included in the above list, even if it's been merged, leveled, or customized with SI...but once the other person receives it, that unit goes back to being vanilla level 1.

No way in a thousand years would the developers let us trade 5* exclusive units, and I don't blame them. They'd just be losing money by doing that.

So trading would be a great idea I think, at least getting units I don't have. But as Sproutling said, it won't work realistically unless the costs are drastic and limited units are available. But alongside trading, maybe a special hero shop could work. Now I'm saying that is could sell rare units, such as grand hero battle units, 5* only units, or special event banner units. But maybe at a cost of say 50 orbs or something, maybe even 20 orbs and 10k feathers (or whatever amount) and be on a cooldown of sorts, like it's only there for 1 sale a week. (Kinda like the secret sellers in awakening, pop up at random, and only have 3 rarish items and disappear afterwards) And maybe to help balance out the lack of orbs, they could implement a item trading system, like say 20 dueling crests for 1 orb or something (I would be willing to do that since I have over 100 dueling crests I don't use, maybe 3-5 on the very last day of a season if I feel like participating, which I do sometimes for the orbs and feathers) Or make it work with the new sacred coins that are only available on the top tier of arena and actually make players work towards it (though those would probably go to a sacred seal shop, which is a whole different idea entirely)

I spend way too much time wishing/thinking for improvements in heroes that would benefit me.

1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Honestly, I prefer a Heroes shop in which I can spend badges (I'm certain a lot of players - especially day 1 players - have a lot of these and not much to do with them) getting a specific hero I want. Naturally, as the hero wasn't obtained using orbs, the hero can only have neutral stats (no RNG madness; better than units with poor boon/bane combinations though generally not better than units with good boons/bane combinations). Another point for balance can be that the hero is bought at 1-star, meaning the 1-star unit can cost a lot of time and resources to become 5-star, let alone a fully kitted 5-star if the player goes that route.

A Hero Shop could have potential but maybe it is what Sacred Coins would be for. Though it seems more likely to be used for Sacred Seals (or so is the general theory), it might be possible. The rest of the idea is pretty sound.

9 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

So trading would be a great idea I think, at least getting units I don't have. But as Sproutling said, it won't work realistically unless the costs are drastic and limited units are available. But alongside trading, maybe a special hero shop could work. Now I'm saying that is could sell rare units, such as grand hero battle units, 5* only units, or special event banner units. But maybe at a cost of say 50 orbs or something, maybe even 20 orbs and 10k feathers (or whatever amount) and be on a cooldown of sorts, like it's only there for 1 sale a week. (Kinda like the secret sellers in awakening, pop up at random, and only have 3 rarish items and disappear afterwards) And maybe to help balance out the lack of orbs, they could implement a item trading system, like say 20 dueling crests for 1 orb or something (I would be willing to do that since I have over 100 dueling crests I don't use, maybe 3-5 on the very last day of a season if I feel like participating, which I do sometimes for the orbs and feathers) Or make it work with the new sacred coins that are only available on the top tier of arena and actually make players work towards it (though those would probably go to a sacred seal shop, which is a whole different idea entirely)

True but some shop might eventually arrive. We still have no idea what the Sacred Coins will be for. The fact that they are Coins lets people think it'll be some kind of shop. Likely of Sacred Seals but something else is possible too.

If you want to quote multiple people, use the little plus sign next to Quote.

I've had it with warns today, which is why I'm writing this out in-topic.

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

If you want to quote multiple people, use the little plus sign next to Quote.

I've had it with warns today, which is why I'm writing this out in-topic.

Really? Don't take it the wrong way but don't you have something better to do than correcting me or trying to prove... well, whatever you want to prove? lf l want to answer individually, then why shouldn't l do so? As far as l know, there are no rules against that. lf you have something against me, please say it and let's be done with it. l'm not interested in starting anything so if that's what you want, please, l ask you kindly to take it elsewhere.

Other than that, l'll keep your sugeestion in mind if l ever need it. Thanks.

Surpisingly, I can somewhat agree with this. The main issue would be that it somewhat kills part of the "spirit" of the game, for both developers and users. For users, it would it away the fun of that random "may or may not be". It's pretty obvious what the main concern for developers would be. I'm still a little skeptical on how it would work with people with multiple accounts to even potentially encourage them (think of it, re-rolls). Like a user above said, I would also at least increase the cost. 5 orbs seems rather too little for a unit you are garanteed to get. At first, I even thought of making it feather-based.

I can see this working, like others above said the costs need to be increased in order to not make this better than summoning (1 trade for 20 orbs and 10k feathers seems reasonable).

The idea is good and I can see it being implemented in the future I'm not sure I'd like to have it. Part of the fun in this game is to work with the resources you have while hoping to get that Ike or Hector or whatever character you fancy and if you get lucky then try to make them the best they can be, and I feel like trading will hurt this aspect even if it is beneficial to the players.

I know it doesn't make a lot of sense because trading is going to ensure you get that character you want without relying on RNG and the restrictions are going to stop people from abusing it (as much as possible, this things always have some loophole to exploit) but I wouldn't feel the same happiness I feel while pulling for the unit I want and getting them or the frustration of wasting my orbs to get nothing but 3* Bartres, that's part of what makes this game so fun for me and somehow I feel trading units will undermine that, but that's just me.

21 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Part of the fun in this game is to work with the resources you have while hoping to get that Ike or Hector or whatever character you fancy and if you get lucky then try to make them the best they can be, and I feel like trading will hurt this aspect even if it is beneficial to the players.

I know it doesn't make a lot of sense because trading is going to ensure you get that character you want without relying on RNG and the restrictions are going to stop people from abusing it (as much as possible, this things always have some loophole to exploit) but I wouldn't feel the same happiness I feel while pulling for the unit I want and getting them or the frustration of wasting my orbs to get nothing but 3* Bartres, that's part of what makes this game so fun for me and somehow I feel trading units will undermine that, but that's just me.

I'm sure P2W players know all about that. :awesome:

23 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

I'm sure P2W players know all about that. :awesome:

I'm sure whales have their own share of frustration if they get unlucky and don't get their characters with perfect natures, more so with limited characters. I don't think they like to waste $1000+ just to get their perfect +10 Corrins and Cordelias and if they get them in $500 or less they'll be just as happy as a f2p who got 1 copy of the character.

We all are at the mercy of Anna RNGesus.

Edited by Alexmender

Just now, Alexmender said:

I'm sure whales have their own share of frustration if they get unlucky and don't get their characters with perfect natures, more so with limited characters. I don't think they like to waste $1000+ just to get their perfect +10 Corrins and Cordelias and if they get them in $500 or less they'll be just as happy as a f2p who got 1 copy the character.

We all are at the mercy of Anna RNGesus.

If you waste anywhere as much money, you've got bigger problems. :awesome:

1 minute ago, Astolfo! said:

It sounds like some people think it could be like, broken

I think it could work but like, only of it's one trade per account EVER

okay that's a little harsh, don't you think? Like, even two ever is many times better.

4 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Limit it to 3☆'s to not undermine the reason people spend money on the game.

I'd gladly give up some Florina for Shanna or Sully.

That would be nice, but I wish they would add more 3*s.  Since they flipped the 3 and 4* rates, I think they just gave up on giving us any new 4*s any time soon.