Rate the Above Piece of Classical Music

Stephen the Great

Here's an idea! Since we've already got a FE music rating thread, and a general video game music rating thread, let's branch out into something else, like, I don't know, classical music! We'll use the same rules as the other two rating threads, with an addition: make sure to specify the name of the composer. Thanks to the creators of the first two threads for giving me the idea. 

First piece: Edvard Grieg - Peer Gynt Suite: In the Hall of the Mountain King

... Horribly sad! I can feel the emotion stealing my heart and casting it into a pit of tears and broken dreams, where it will drown alongside stray puppies and kittens! And this is coming from a guy who commonly calls himself "emotionless!" Regardless, if it can tamper with one's emotions like so it may likely be called a good piece for having such an ability. But that doesn't mean I must like it! 7/10.

Rachmaninoff - Piano Concerto No. 2, Op. 18 I. Moderato (Rubinstein)

(You need only listen to the first 2-5 minutes.)

This took me on a very emotional ride, or maybe that's just the way I'm feeling right now. But nevertheless, a solid 8/10.

Glinka - Ruslan and Ludmila

On 8/21/2017 at 4:03 AM, Rex Glacies said:

... Horribly sad! I can feel the emotion stealing my heart and casting it into a pit of tears and broken dreams, where it will drown alongside stray puppies and kittens! And this is coming from a guy who commonly calls himself "emotionless!" Regardless, if it can tamper with one's emotions like so it may likely be called a good piece for having such an ability. But that doesn't mean I must like it! 7/10.

You nailed it. I studied Shostakovitch for uni and this piece was written during a very difficult time in his life. It's a very powerful piece, but I totally understand why you might not like it haha.

Edited by Natalie