Hinoka, Camilla, Takumi and Leo confirmed

Jedi

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Jedi said:

No Sakura and Elise? Interesting

This might be due to the fact that Sakura and Elise are primarily considered to be healers. Since they play a less important role in direct combat, I imagine it would be more difficult to implement them in a dynasty-warriors style game...  That being said, their inclusion is far from impossible, Elise and Sakura are both able to wield tomes and bows respectively. I'm just saying that if they had to omit someone from the Fates Royals, they are the most logical choice, at least in my mind...

Edited by Masterthunderblade

Just now, Masterthunderblade said:

This might be due to the fact that Sakura and Elise are primarily considered to be healers. Since they play a less important role in direct combat, I imagine it would be more difficult to implement them in a dynasty-warriors style game...  That being said, their inclusion is far from impossible, Elise and Sakura are both able to wield tomes and bows respectively. I'm just saying that if they had to omit someone from the Fates Royals, they are the most logical choice, at least in my mind...

I agree, but its just weird to have every one of the siblings EXCEPT them as well, you know?

3 minutes ago, Florete said:

English version

Is it me or do they all sound way different?

coming from someone who mostly knows the fates characters from heroes 

leo sounds fine, takumi sounds like he does in heroes (which is apparently different from fates), but camilla sounds completely different from heroes or what i remember from fates. no idea what happened there

good that they finally showed more not awakening characters though

3 minutes ago, Masterthunderblade said:

I could see Sakura and Elise being two of those characters who were said to appear but not be playable.

I'm more wondering where Azura is.

Can't say I am surprised. Camilla and Takumi were practically guaranteed based off of their popularity and weapon types and it makes sense for Hinoka and Leo to come aboard. However, the lack of Elise and Sakura is somewhat surprising yet expected. If 3/4 royals are in, one would also expect the little sisters, but in terms of weapons they are also the most likely to be cut. (Edit: or just be NPCs)

Also, what is up with the English voices? I'm hoping this is just one of those "temp trailer voiceovers" while the real game will have the proper VA, but it is somewhat worrying. The new characters sound off to me.

Edit: After watching and paying some more attention to the voices...

Camilla sounds nothing like herself, at least in her Heroes incarnation. It's a little too high pitch I believe, and I want to say it is a different VA entirely.
Leo sounds like his Heroes version (or at least his summer variant, which I have).
Takumi sounds like his Heroes version (which may be different from Fates?)
Hinoka - I sadly have no comparison since the FE: Heroes Wiki is down and I do not have her unlocked in my Catalog of Heroes. However, she sounds different from Fates Hinoka.

I think the main thing that sounded off was the delivery of the lines. While the VAs may be the same, the delivery (and perhaps the voice direction) is different. One can see the difference between characters in Heroes vs Echoes or Fates, for example. I also remember Leon's VA saying something about the voice direction being different for Echoes (8-4) and Heroes (Nintendo), so there may also be that to consider Warriors as well.

Edited by Sire

Just now, Jedi said:

I agree, but its just weird to have every one of the siblings EXCEPT them as well, you know?

True, I imagine they might still play a role in the story, maybe healing the many wounded soldiers and providing moral support? Or who knows, they might still be announced as playable characters at a later date or as DLC...

No surprises that the older Royal Siblings are here, they're the most popular and prominent characters in their game so them being playable makes a lot of sense. It's definitely a little bland in terms of choices, but at least all of them except for Hinoka bring something to the table moveset-wise, and even with her Koei can get creative so she can stand out from Cordelia.

As for the little sisters, I always figured if they were going to cut some of the siblings they'd be the most expendable, but there's always a chance they'll pop up later down the line. Personally though, while I like the two I'd prefer they put in other characters for variety.

8 minutes ago, Florete said:

I could see Sakura and Elise being two of those characters who were said to appear but not be playable.

I'm more wondering where Azura is.

I think she'll be a Cordelia case and they'll have her debut separately from the others in Famitsu, she would make a good pair with M!Corrin.

Edited by Medeus

Hm... with this, I think this it makes one of my teories somewhat more likely: Of the mainline FE characters involved in the story, the twins will recruit the Awakening characters first, then the Fates characters, then finally the Shadow Dragon characters. This might actually have been hinted at.

I didn't pay too much attention to the voice acting, so I can't judge. They all look great, even though I'm not too keen on Corrin and the Hoshidans. I noticed a lack of jiggle physics on Camilla, so will it stop people complaining? Probably not.

And obviously, they're saving the best for last, my beloved Archanea~ Any chance we could get another trailer? I know nothing about Gamescon, hos long does it last?

5 minutes ago, Lautsuu said:

I didn't pay too much attention to the voice acting, so I can't judge. They all look great, even though I'm not too keen on Corrin and the Hoshidans. I noticed a lack of jiggle physics on Camilla, so will it stop people complaining? Probably not.

And obviously, they're saving the best for last, my beloved Archanea~ Any chance we could get another trailer? I know nothing about Gamescon, hos long does it last?

I believe Nintendo is there for 3 days, not sure how much of the focus will be on FE:W they're likely gonna focus on Super Mario Odyssey. 

Did they get the actress who voiced Charlotte(and Sakura) to voice Camilla? She sounded a little like Charlotte to me in the English trailer.

I'm not surprised with the addition of these four(but who was). I wonder if this game will make me hate Takumi less.

There's some random redhead here with the Fates siblings, who's she?

I must say, the voice acting is making me considering buying the Japanese version, especially since Elise is nowhere to be seen to rip up my eardrums if I do.

22 minutes ago, Folt said:

Hm... with this, I think this it makes one of my teories somewhat more likely: Of the mainline FE characters involved in the story, the twins will recruit the Awakening characters first, then the Fates characters, then finally the Shadow Dragon characters. This might actually have been hinted at.

This was hinted at back at the Switch conference, they're going the way the swords appeared in the trailer: Chrom's Falchion, Corrin's Yato, Raijinto, Siegfried and then Marth's Falchion.

14 minutes ago, Thane said:

There's some random redhead here with the Fates siblings, who's she?

I must say, the voice acting is making me considering buying the Japanese version, especially since Elise is nowhere to be seen to rip up my eardrums if I do.

I believe it was said before that you can change the dub. Not completely sure though.

I'm glad to see Leo and Takumi confirmed, hopefully the voice acting improves for the actual game.

Edited by Namarid

Well, I know someone who's gonna be disappointed that they didn't announce Sakura or Elise...

Leo and Takumi were shoe-ins, and I'm glad they're in.  They're the best boys of Fates Hans down.  Camilla was also to be expected, and it'd have been surprising if they didn't choose to counterbalance her with Hinokacopter.  Plus, I kinda wanna see more Hinoka, 'cuz she didn't really get much of a chance to shine in Fates.

Honestly, I'd be mildly surprised if they didn't put the two little sisters in as playable characters.  It's strange for the reasons Jedi stated, but I think of all the characters who'd get cut, the little sisters were the most likely.  Though it's also weird that Azura wasn't in... maybe she'll be a unifying element.  Or somehow won't be in at all.  At this point, anything's possible, I suppose.

I'm gonna bite and assume this soft-confirms that we might see some popular retainers in this game.  Because they kept going on about weapon variety, I assume they won't be putting in sword users like Laslow, Hinata, or Selena, and instead prioritize characters like 'Boro or Niles.  Or we'll only be getting these six characters from Fates, lord help us all.

Still, I was actually kind of hoping Archanea wouldn't be last, but it's to be expected, I think.  I really do hope we get more from that world than just Marth and Tiki.  I mean, who better to complete the weapon trinity cavs than someone from Archanea, like the honorable Nawlins knight Hardin or the dashing shopkeeper Abel?  Heck, we could go further and implement Wolf!  Then there'd be a horse for every weapon (aside from stones, of course).  Plus, I'm holding onto a sliver of hope that best gurl Catria would make the cut.

4 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I believe Nintendo is there for 3 days, not sure how much of the focus will be on FE:W they're likely gonna focus on Super Mario Odyssey. 

I think when some people talk about FE Warriors and how "big" it is, they forget that Mario Odyssey exists.  If we're lucky, there would be a demo at Gamescon, but there's no way in hell it'll outshine Mario Odyssey unless either Nintendo isn't yet ready to present more information about the game or they, for whatever reason, don't care about Gamescon this year.

1 minute ago, Silent shifter said:

Why no release date?????

If they're gonna be announcing a release date, it's gonna either be at a convention, during a potential FE direct, or it'll be during or after its release in Japan.  Definitely not gonna be in some spontaneous character trailer which will probably only be viewed by dedicated followers/fans.

Dusk Falls as Trailer BGM = *Hype Intensifies*

Hmm...Camilla, Hinoka and Takumi's VAs have certainly been changed - it sounds like they re-used the ones from Heroes instead. 

Edit - Now that I've checked in FEH: 

Hinoka is Cindy Robinson and Takumi is Michael Sinterniklaas - they're pretty much unmistakable.
Camilla, while higher pitch from FEH, does have similarities with some of her profile lines, Spring!Camilla included. So I'm guessing it is Misty Lee.
Normal FEH Camilla's "Weary friend? You may already rest your head in my lap." and "Time to play!"  have a similar pitch to the trailer.

I don't think Leo's been changed though - his line about Xander sounds close as this Private Quarters line of his: "Xander would expect me to look after you." Not verbatim but that's the line I'm thinking of.

Hm...now I gut feeling that the English VA work for FEW might have co-incided with FEH, which would make sense as it would save Nintendo costs on studio bookings and such. If that's true that could mean that the SD characters are more predictable, because it would be likely that their English VAs where cast to deliberately cut costs since it's cheaper to get the same VA for a longer session (voicing more than one character) than several for shorter ones. Marth and Merric might be one such example.

1 hour ago, Medeus said:

I think she'll be a Cordelia case and they'll have her debut separately from the others in Famitsu, she would make a good pair with M!Corrin.

That might be what they're going for - I guess we can expect M!Corrin to be revealed alongside either Elise/Sakura/Azura (or any combination thereof even), like F!Robin/Cordelia. It would definitely be weird if M!Corrin was revealed solo anyway.

Also is it just me or does the footage of Corrin + Camilla, Leo, Hinoka and Takumi cut off abruptly while panning from Leo to Takumi?
Like there could be something/someone to the left of Leo/right of Takumi? Or it's just wishful thinking on my part.

Also Famitsu's going to have more info soon:

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201708/22140108.html

Quote: "詳細は週刊ファミ通2017年9月7・14日合併号(2017年8月24日発売)でご確認ください!"

Edited by Tactician_Iris
Compared FEH coice clips to the trailer