Hinoka, Camilla, Takumi and Leo confirmed

Jedi

I'm thinking Azura will show up in the plot only later. You do need late story recruits after all. And Azura is a solid standalone character who has the magical powers and revelatory talents needed to fulfill such a role. Everyone we've seen so far are probably early story recruits.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not surprised by this decision one bit but I am disappointed. I'm frankly sick of seeing the royal twats be the representation for fates, because fates has a few good characters but with the exception of leo and maybe takumi the royal siblings definitely aren't. Some are the same boring trite we have seen a million times before (Elise,Sakura and Ryouma), poorly written (Camilla,Hinoka) or both at once (looking at you Xander, Corn and Azura)

11 hours ago, Tolvir said:

Definitely not. I tend to try and avoid any updates on Warriors over on reddit, there are still people going on about how the game should of been Jugdral, Tellius, and Elibe. They act like Koei spit in their faces and destroyed their childhood dreams, its quite comical at this point. Like you said, people havent changed their mind yet, why would they start to when the game releases.

It probably should have been something other than Fates as the third continuity. Awakening and Shadow Dragon are fine choices, but Fates not only appeals to largely the same group as Awakening, but has so many major characters that it's just horrendously unfun to speculate about. You need only look at the overwhelming "wow, how surprising" this trailer is getting to see an effect that wouldn't really be in play with any other game in the series. We've still got a few more royals to worry about, like Azura, the sisters, and perhaps Male Corrin, but at least they're a little bit more fair to speculate about? I guess, anyway.

Having Blazing Blade or Path of Radiance (I don't like these continuities either btw, I'd rather have Jugdral or Magvel but lmao I know better than to dream) just makes more sense, since you're appealing to three different groups of the fanbase instead of two and can actually reasonably speculate about those games since both of them only have like 3-5 'mandatory' characters each instead of like ~10. Even if you only care about the Japanese audience, it still seems like it'd make more sense to pursue Binding Blade.

Not that it really makes a difference at this point in time, I'm mostly just following on the off chance that either the Archanean selection is interesting or something disastrous happens, since it's not looking good for the only reasonably likely character that I liked (i.e. Donnel.)

32 minutes ago, Iridium said:

It probably should have been something other than Fates as the third continuity. Awakening and Shadow Dragon are fine choices, but Fates not only appeals to largely the same group as Awakening, but has so many major characters that it's just horrendously unfun to speculate about. You need only look at the overwhelming "wow, how surprising" this trailer is getting to see an effect that wouldn't really be in play with any other game in the series. We've still got a few more royals to worry about, like Azura, the sisters, and perhaps Male Corrin, but at least they're a little bit more fair to speculate about? I guess, anyway.

Having Blazing Blade or Path of Radiance (I don't like these continuities either btw, I'd rather have Jugdral or Magvel but lmao I know better than to dream) just makes more sense, since you're appealing to three different groups of the fanbase instead of two and can actually reasonably speculate about those games since both of them only have like 3-5 'mandatory' characters each instead of like ~10. Even if you only care about the Japanese audience, it still seems like it'd make more sense to pursue Binding Blade.

Not that it really makes a difference at this point in time, I'm mostly just following on the off chance that either the Archanean selection is interesting or something disastrous happens, since it's not looking good for the only reasonably likely character that I liked (i.e. Donnel.)

While I understand where you are coming from you also have to remember that Fates sold really well so it's roster is probably more well known. Unless I'm mistaken Fates appears the most in the Heroes poll so it would be dumb to not include them for the first entry. 

It bugs me when people say that Fates is being shoved into our faces, because it's really not. They had their games, just like any other cast in the series, then they appeared in Heroes, and now Warriors. Same as Awakening, same as the Archanean cast. Every other game is also represented in Heroes. Besides the Nohrian Summer Banner, which we all knew was coming due to it actually being based on official DLC, I can't remember the last time we had a fully Fates themed banner. That's hardly being shoved in our faces. Just calm down and lay off a dead horse. I don't like Fates either, but I'll be the first to admit there are quite a few gems in the game. You just have to jump off the bandwagon to see them.

5 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

What, Shadow Dragon is hated? That can't be right?

I was joking around for the most part and there are plenty of people on SF that like it. That said, it seems like the general western fanbase doesn't really like it. This Reddit survey sample for example.

3 hours ago, donkeykhang said:

I was joking around for the most part and there are plenty of people on SF that like it. That said, it seems like the general western fanbase doesn't really like it. This Reddit survey sample for example.

Honestly, I only had a dislike of Shadow Dragon due to the ugly sprite work in that game..like some failed claymation thing..ick..

I love the characters and story, just like I do with any Fire Emblem title.

7 hours ago, Iridium said:

To be fair, Tellius doesn't have an incredibly well liked cast outside of Ike and Michaiah (probably butchered that).

6 hours ago, Fireball260 said:

While I understand where you are coming from you also have to remember that Fates sold really well so it's roster is probably more well known. Unless I'm mistaken Fates appears the most in the Heroes poll so it would be dumb to not include them for the first entry. 

If you're referring to the CYL poll, Awakening as a whole received the most votes with Fates coming in at second.

12 hours ago, FoxyGrandpa said:

TMS#FE, bombed after years of development.

Let's all be honest, whether or not you thought it was a good game, they didn't try very hard to appeal to either fanbase. Neither the SMT or FE fanbase, or the two sections of it, were particularly excited for it once they saw what it was going to be like. Personally, I still want a FE game with SMT-like themes like I thought we could get out of the crossover, but Nintendo does try to stay family-friendly for the most part, so maybe it was a bad idea in the first place.

I think it's fair and safe to say that this is the only side of the fandom that's at least willing to TRY to give the game a fair shake; checking the usual spots from YouTube, Tumblr (why) and Reddit just has bitching and moaning like mad...

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

To be fair, Tellius doesn't have an incredibly well liked cast outside of Ike and Michaiah (probably butchered that).

If you're referring to the CYL poll, Awakening as a whole received the most votes with Fates coming in at second.

Oh my mistake, remember Fates appearing there a lot while most games appeared once but I must have forgotten about Awakening. 

14 minutes ago, DIO said:

I think it's fair and safe to say that this is the only side of the fandom that's at least willing to TRY to give the game a fair shake; checking the usual spots from YouTube, Tumblr (why) and Reddit just has bitching and moaning like mad...

Kind of sad when you consider this site's reaction.

8 minutes ago, Fireball260 said:

Oh my mistake, remember Fates appearing there a lot while most games appeared once but I must have forgotten about Awakening. 

Both of them definitely had more minor characters hitting the top.

11 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Kind of sad when you consider this site's reaction.

Both of them definitely had more minor characters hitting the top.

Agreed. As I said, this place is at least TRYING, which given the rest of the sites I listed is worth a consolation prize I suppose...

IMG_0352.thumb.PNG.61ed20fa0c22f3e66b3f2f28bb642310.PNG

Also, seems like people who thought this tome looked suspiciously like Brynhildr in the Robin screenshot on the website finally have some closure. Nice eagle eyes, dudes.

If Robin can wield Brynhildr, does this mean we can have Falchion Xander, or Raijinto Marth? It's interesting nonetheless.

11 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Also, seems like people who thought this tome looked suspiciously like Brynhildr in the Robin screenshot on the website finally have some closure. Nice eagle eyes, dudes.

If Robin can wield Brynhildr, does this mean we can have Falchion Xander, or Raijinto Marth? It's interesting nonetheless.

Falchion is very particular about it's users. I don't know how specific the other ones are. 

53 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Doublepost, but I'm wondering: Could this possibly hint to a Robin vs. Leo match-up? Because that'd be awesome!

1 minute ago, Folt said:

Doublepost, but I'm wondering: Could this possibly hint to a Robin vs. Leo match-up? Because that'd be awesome!

Maybe Robin finds Brynhildr before Leo turns up? I'd love to see them interact though, I think they'd get along splendidly.

5 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

There are a few duds and mono-trait chars in the Tellius roster, but overall it really isn't any worse than Fates or Awakening, some would say on the whole its better. The issue is more Tellius being difficult to have access to, and maybe it not screaming anime to the top of its lungs.

14 hours ago, Mackc2 said:

I'm not surprised by this decision one bit but I am disappointed. I'm frankly sick of seeing the royal twats be the representation for fates, because fates has a few good characters but with the exception of leo and maybe takumi the royal siblings definitely aren't. Some are the same boring trite we have seen a million times before (Elise,Sakura and Ryouma), poorly written (Camilla,Hinoka) or both at once (looking at you Xander, Corn and Azura)

The retainers exist to wipe the royal behinds and nothing more. The non-retainers and non-royals are few and have little significance. I mean you could do without Hinoka, and Camilla, and Sakura, and Elise outside of her little BR stint, but at least they constitute siblings of the all-important Corrin, and have their royal ties. I wouldn't mind if VG crossovers as a whole skipped the main characters and mascots for more interesting folks from a given franchise. Like in Smash, I'd rather as Baten Kaitos rep get Guillo over Sagi and even Kalas (in a purely hypothetical ideal world of course).

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There are a few duds and mono-trait chars in the Tellius roster, but overall it really isn't any worse than Fates or Awakening, some would say on the whole its better. The issue is more Tellius being difficult to have access to, and maybe it not screaming anime to the top of its lungs.

RD having no real supports also didn't help.

57 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I never said the characters were bad, I said they weren't popular (liked). There's a difference. That's the thing with the older ones, outside of lords, they don't have the most widely beloved casts. Granted that also means they typically get less hated characters as well.