Hinoka, Camilla, Takumi and Leo confirmed

Jedi

8 minutes ago, Zepler said:

Well I have officially died from no Alm, Celica, Seliph, Julia, Leif, Roy, Lilina, Eilwood, Hector, Lyn, Ephraim, Erikia Ike,...... (*List all the Fire Emblem Characters besides Fates and Awakening.)

You died from losing 8 sword characters... OK?

Are people just not keeping up anymore? It was confirmed that the games being focused on were awakening, fates and SD. 

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Namarid said:

You died from losing 8 sword characters... OK?

Are people just not keeping up anymore? It was confirmed that the games being focused on were awakening, fates and SD. 

(*List all the Fire Emblem Characters besides Fates and Awakening.*)

Ok, Ok. I'm just saying that maybe we could have a little variety? That's all. Character wise. I mean we got sword, axe, and lance. Some magic too. It's going to be interesting. 

From what's been revealed the only character that I would remove, and possibly replace with a another highly requested character, is Lucina because she's a clone of Chrom essentially. 

I wouldn't swap Frederick for Roy or Camilla for Lyn because they offer more to the game in terms of weapon diversity leading to more diverse and fun gameplay. Adding loads of characters ,that will essentially play the same, for the sake of representing the other games would ultimately make this game worse off. 

2 minutes ago, Namarid said:

From what's been revealed the only character that I would remove, and possibly replace with a another highly requested character, is Lucina because she's a clone of Chrom essentially.

I don't think Lucina is a clone of Chrom (or Marth as I've seen some claim), she seems to have her own moves with a few similar ones akin to Link & Toon Link in Hyrule Warriors but likely come from different combo set-ups.

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

Yeah, if people hate it, why are they coming here to tell everyone that they hate it?

Some people interpret that as me saying you can't dislike anything about the game, but, no, I mean that if you hate almost everything, or at least every character, then you shouldn't rain on the parades of people who are happy with these choices (mostly) and should probably stop following its news.

if you never voice your opinions on a matter then the creators will never improve and if you don't do so often enough, you will never be heard.

when the charging port on my 3ds broke, it took my dad two weeks to help me fix it, and he would constantly forget about it, it would still be broken if I hadn't pestered him about it as much as I did.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease and this fanbase really wants grease.

MMM... grease.

7 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

I don't think Lucina is a clone of Chrom (or Marth as I've seen some claim), she seems to have her own moves with a few similar ones akin to Link & Toon Link in Hyrule Warriors but likely come from different combo set-ups.

She's a semi-clone. They share the same standard attacks, but have different specials.

6 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

if you never voice your opinions on a matter then the creators will never improve and if you don't do so often enough, you will never be heard.

when the charging port on my 3ds broke, it took my dad two weeks to help me fix it, and he would constantly forget about it, it would still be broken if I hadn't pestered him about it as much as I did.

MMM... grease.

Maybe, but, A) what are the odds any of them are looking at this forum? Take it to them, not other fans. B) there's a difference between constructive criticism and hating every little thing they do.

I'm excited to play as Leo and Takumi. Camilla and Hinoka seem pretty fun too.

Voice acting and lighting seem pretty meh tho. I'll probably enjoy the game in spite of these issues.

16 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

MMM... grease.

No sales = No profit = No sequels / DLC. Yeah, you can complain now, but ultimately you are discouraging a lot of people from buying the game, meaning that the developers won't be able to make a sequel since the game didn't make enough of a profit. Nintendo will probably stop making FE spin-offs as well if this flops, given that the last game, TMS#FE, bombed after years of development.

EDIT:

Gameplay

Edited by FoxyGrandpa

Headcount of the roster so far 

Swords: The blond twins, that other guy, Ryoma, Xander, Chrom, Lucina, Marth, Corrin

Lances: Hinoka, Cordelia,  

Axes: Lissa, Camilla, Fred

Tome: Robin(s), Leo

Bow: Takumi

(May have missed a few)

Hope they don't add any more sword guys. 

Edited by UNLEASH IT

2 minutes ago, UNLEASH IT said:

Headcount of the roster so far 

Swords: The blond twins, that other guy, Ryoma, Xander, Chrom, Lucina, Marth, Corrin

Lances: Hinoka, Cordelia, Fred

Axes: Lissa, Camilla

Tome: Robin(s)

(May have missed a few)

Hope they don't add any more sword guys. 

Fred uses an Axe, also put Leo in tomes.

Edited by Jedi

21 minutes ago, FoxyGrandpa said:

Voice acting and lighting seem pretty meh tho. I'll probably enjoy the game in spite of these issues.

No sales = No profit = No sequels / DLC. Yeah, you can complain now, but ultimately you are discouraging a lot of people from buying the game, meaning that the developers won't be able to make a sequel since the game didn't make enough of a profit. Nintendo will probably stop making FE spin-offs as well if this flops, given that the last game, TMS#FE, bombed after years of development.

EDIT:

Gameplay

I quite like how all 3 play already.

Takumi looks interesting, as a Linkle fan, but my goddess... is it possible to turn off the voices entirely? There are things here that are voiced that annoyed me in the 13 minutes I watched this video- if I'm going to wind up playing this game for hundreds of hours, that's only going to get more annoying.

13 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Takumi looks interesting.

From a regular Warriors standpoint, they seem to be taking cues from how Sun Shang Xiang fought in Dynasty Warriors 6, tons of scattershots, with ways to drag enemies into each other.

29 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Takumi looks interesting, as a Linkle fan, but my goddess... is it possible to turn off the voices entirely? There are things here that are voiced that annoyed me in the 13 minutes I watched this video- if I'm going to wind up playing this game for hundreds of hours, that's only going to get more annoying.

There should be. Warriors games need the option to turn down voice volume. Hearing the same generic enemy captain lines 10+ times a fight will become very grating on the ears. I never did turn them off just because, but I really should have.

Well think of it like this, there is always worse voice acting. I'm looking at you Baten Kaitos, the VAs were recorded underwater for that game, and one of the primary VAs did some recording while high.

4 hours ago, Zepler said:

I don't say I hate it, but honestly, Fire Emblem is a massive franchise filled with many characters. Spicing things up with other characters from the series would be nice. But that could be an elitist thing, which for me, I'm just a common Fire Emblem fan who just likes to strategize and love reading story. There seems to be a war going on between old and new...

You must be new around here...

3 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

MMM... grease.

Yes, but there's only so many times you can complain about same thing before it actually becomes repetitive & worn out. I would know because of the craptastic P.R for Marvel VS Capcom: Infinite that's going on right now. Also there might be a difference betwenn asking your father & a fan asking a game company.

On topic:

I honestly think there should an option dis-mount on any horse, Pegasus, & Wyvern because a lot of the hit animation just looks weird for the flying mounts.

They all still look really fun to play though. I like how Camilla switches between her magic ax & her melee one.

After watching the Gamescom trailer I'm more or less indifferent about Fates in general. I couldn't tell how droll I was watching the trailer. Everyone whose been confirm is nothing but predictable. I guess this more or less confirms Azura won't be in the game. Damn I really wanted to play her dancing lance style :(

I just want to go to SD so the old fans can stop complaining about the 3DS already.

Edited by Zangetsu

22 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I just want to go to SD so the old fans can stop complaining about the 3DS already.

We'll get complaints about including characters that no-one cares about that come from a garbage game instead. :P: /s (sort of)

Edited by donkeykhang
grammar

1 minute ago, donkeykhang said:

We'll get complaints about including characters that no-one cares about that come from a garbage game instead. :P: /s (sort of)

What, Shadow Dragon is hated? That can't be right?

26 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I guess this more or less confirms Azura won't in the game. Damn I really wanted to play her dancing lance style :(

No it doesn't.  Cordelia isn't somehow magically not in the game because she didn't show up in the Awakening story trailer is she?

9 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

No it doesn't.  Cordelia isn't somehow magically not in the game because she didn't show up in the Awakening story trailer is she?

Difference is, Azura is one of the main cast/royalty so that gave a bad sign about her inclusion.

Just now, Zangetsu said:

Difference is, Azura is one of the main cast/royalty so that gave a bad sign about her inclusion.

Azura's most important to Revelation, while most of the moments shown in the trailer match up more with Birthright and Conquest, where she doesn't do much.  There have been no hints of Valla so far, but I think Valla's too big of a plot-line in Fates for them to simply ignore it.  Azura's extremely unlikely to be left out

Also, her English VA mentioned in an interview that she'd done new work as Azura in addition to Heroes.  Most likely that was referring to FEW.

22 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Azura's most important to Revelation, while most of the moments shown in the trailer match up more with Birthright and Conquest, where she doesn't do much.  There have been no hints of Valla so far, but I think Valla's too big of a plot-line in Fates for them to simply ignore it.  Azura's extremely unlikely to be left out

Also, her English VA mentioned in an interview that she'd done new work as Azura in addition to Heroes.  Most likely that was referring to FEW.

Yeah, but she could be a NPC that has voice dialogue. Not to mention nothing has shown that Valla will be involve in this game. Just keeping my expectation low here buddy.

Edited by Zangetsu

3 hours ago, FoxyGrandpa said:

Do you honestly think people are so stupid that a simple hate comment is enough to deter them from buying a game can you, let me know about anyone that you have me who said something along the lines of "Yeah I was going to buy this one game but then some guy on a forum said they didn't like what they saw and that it sucks, so I'm not buying it now."? If someone has decided to buy the game what could I say that would deter them from buying the game, I have already concluded that I will be getting FEW day one and if you could think of anything that you or anyone could say that would make me not buy the game I would love to hear it. If the game bombs it will have nothing to do with a few hundred jerks on serenes forest saying they don't personally approve of what was decided upon for the character selection, it will be because the game was poorly advertised or it just being bad.

TMS#FE was a great example of poor advertising killing a game. The game was announced one year then vanished with no mention for way longer than should have been considered acceptable by any reasonable consumers, then by the time it launched you needed a person who was following the project from day one to translate to you that this was that shin megami tense/fire emblem crossover that was mentioned all those years back, regardless of the games quality it never boasted the fire emblem name in any way that the common consumer could understand, this doesn't appear to be the case with FEW at least so they are already ahead there in that regard. The Fire Emblem name alone will sell copies and nothing I or anyone else on this forum can say anything that will change that.

Also on the topic of constructive criticism I am beginning to think that constructive criticism only constitutes you dancing around the real issue and never actually criticizing the person's work, I fail to see what's wrong with saying "no Ike no buy" the person is saying very clearly what their problem is and offering a solution, "I want jugdral characters" an acceptable problem with an equally foreseeable answer, "this game sucks until roy is in it and I will not buy it until he is" Perhaps not the nicest way to put it but once more a problem and an answer. Whether these problems can be rectified now is debateable but this could still be solved in a hypothetical sequel which may or may not come, I feel that it is best to get our feelings on the matter established now rather than have them fall into the same pitfall next time. 

And looking at the reverse, would blind optimism boost sales to any degree, if everyone collectively on this forum just started saying "this game looks great, they don't need to change anything, god I will never miss those pre-shadow dragon characters" would that make this game sell better than the wii in its entire lifetime day one? 

14 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Do you honestly think people are so stupid that a simple hate comment is enough to deter them from buying a game can you, let me know about anyone that you have me who said something along the lines of "Yeah I was going to buy this one game but then some guy on a forum said they didn't like what they saw and that it sucks, so I'm not buying it now."? If someone has decided to buy the game what could I say that would deter them from buying the game, I have already concluded that I will be getting FEW day one and if you could think of anything that you or anyone could say that would make me not buy the game I would love to hear it. If the game bombs it will have nothing to do with a few hundred jerks on serenes forest saying they don't personally approve of what was decided upon for the character selection, it will be because the game was poorly advertised or it just being bad.

TMS#FE was a great example of poor advertising killing a game. The game was announced one year then vanished with no mention for way longer than should have been considered acceptable by any reasonable consumers, then by the time it launched you needed a person who was following the project from day one to translate to you that this was that shin megami tense/fire emblem crossover that was mentioned all those years back, regardless of the games quality it never boasted the fire emblem name in any way that the common consumer could understand, this doesn't appear to be the case with FEW at least so they are already ahead there in that regard. The Fire Emblem name alone will sell copies and nothing I or anyone else on this forum can say anything that will change that.

Also on the topic of constructive criticism I am beginning to think that constructive criticism only constitutes you dancing around the real issue and never actually criticizing the person's work, I fail to see what's wrong with saying "no Ike no buy" the person is saying very clearly what their problem is and offering a solution, "I want jugdral characters" an acceptable problem with an equally foreseeable answer, "this game sucks until roy is in it and I will not buy it until he is" Perhaps not the nicest way to put it but once more a problem and an answer. Whether these problems can be rectified now is debateable but this could still be solved in a hypothetical sequel which may or may not come, I feel that it is best to get our feelings on the matter established now rather than have them fall into the same pitfall next time. 

And looking at the reverse, would blind optimism boost sales to any degree, if everyone collectively on this forum just started saying "this game looks great, they don't need to change anything, god I will never miss those pre-shadow dragon characters" would that make this game sell better than the wii in its entire lifetime day one? 

You have some solid points. People need to give each other enough credit. I'm sure SOME people are "so stupid that a simple hate comment is enough to deter them from the game", to some extent. But not necessarily on average, or to the point where it'll matter. With further context of this entire fanbase, hate comments get thrown around all the time. We're all pretty numb to them. Bottom line is that people need to give others more credit.

Also uh, yeah, I'm not going to say "no Ike no buy" is a clear statement of problem+solution. "Hey devs, add Ike to your finished/borderline finished game and I will give you 80$". He has every right to say it, but I'm not going to pretend that's a useful statement. It'd be humorous to think that IntSys, Nintendo, and even KT aren't aware that popular non-3DS characters are popular.

They clearly want to keep FE Warriors and other FE spin offs from suffering the fate of TMS#FE. They want to actually market this game, they want this game to be very appealing to the absolute broadest base possible. Whether you like it or not, the easiest/safest business route to accomplishing that objective would be to put a focus on the 3DS games, add in 1/11 chars as throwbacks/classics. And we can go ahead and dive in to the now months old "but they could have pulled X character from X game to represent X class/weapon" but I've heard that tune for months and nobody seems to properly address the notion that there's no way they would bring in a character from an FE game but NOT that games lords. All of them, not just one.

Hector wouldn't be in the base game without Eliwood and Lyn. I doubt he'd even be in as solo DLC, he'd probably be able to be purchased in a bundle with the other Elibean lords, for example. That said they're not going to go bring in Dorcas or Bartre without bringing in the Elibean lords. Its just not happening, it makes no actual sense.

So with them having outlined which games they were going to pull from for the base game literally months ago, there's nothing useful to saying "No Ike no buy" other than letting us know you aren't going to buy the game. That's not constructive criticism, that's not even criticism. It's just a scarcely related statement. By all means they have the right to make that statement though, doesn't bother me whatsoever. But treating the statement as something it legitimately isn't does.

So I was just on Tumblr and YouTube today listening to some of the criticism following the release of the new characters and, while I guess I'm not surprised, I am really annoyed by how bitter people are getting over the game. I'll admit, of the three games, I've only played Awakening, and even then it's not my favorite (though from less of a story standpoint and more from a gameplay standpoint), but I have no problem with how they're creating the roster in Warriors. I really wish the rest of the fandom would exercise a little patience instead of passing off judgement so soon on a roster that is, very likely, not fully revealed yet.

11 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Negative aura surrounding a game's launch generally lowers people's interest in buying the game. I know alot of people who didn't buy Paper Mario Color Splash and star fox zero just because of massive backlash that the games were receiving in the comments section of their trailers. With Fire Emblem Warriors, this is a bit different since the problem has less to do with the gameplay and more with the roster, so I can concede to your point that it ultimately won't affect sales.

Doesn't matter that it wasn't advertised, it still bombed hard. Yeah, it was ultimately on Nintendo for advertising the game horribly, but all they see is that the numbers were terrible. If they see that the numbers on this game are terrible as well, then Fire Emblem crossovers / spinoffs are pretty much done, outside of maybe having a few simpler mobile titles like FEH every now and then. Yes, Nintendo is doing a much better job of advertising this game, but it still runs into the possibility of not doing terrifically well based on the trailer's view count.

As for complaints, I can't help but feel they come across as extremely petty just because that's all that's talked about. Like I agree that some criticism should be talked about now and then so that the developers can address it eventually, but when that's all thats talked about, it gets really annoying just because it overshadows a lot of other elements of the game that might generate interesting discussion, such as each character's moveset, potential stages, etc. 

And I do think optimism is a good element to have, though not for sales. It creates significantly more interesting discussion than just one blanket negative element. Maybe "blind optimism" isn't the way to go, but mixing some positive elements in addition to negative elements about the game makes discussion much more interesting.