Hinoka, Camilla, Xander, Takumi gameplay (but not Leo for some reason)

Armagon

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of those animations could use work. It's strange seeing Hinoka fly when she's as stiff as a statue like that.

Other than that, interesting. Camilla actually looks like fun to use. Also, getting some actual gameplay has made me like the voices a bit more than that unflattering trailer showed.

No Leo because he showed up and promptly got his ass one shot.

Camilla looked the most interesting to watch, she was absolutely savage poor fodder units.

Hinoka is most likely a clone of Cordelia or the other way round.

Takumi was pretty cool, I especially loved his musou.

The voices weren't that bad in game which is a plus.

Hype continues to build.

It's nice to see some gameplay so soon after the announcement, even if I'm a little disappointed that Leo got left out of the fun and Takumi got only a few minutes of the video. I'll probably main Takumi since his moveset looks the most interesting and his Musou is the most impressive and least meme-y, Hinoka of the lot. That, and he doesn't have the huge weakness to bows Hinoka, my second choice for main, does.

Hinoka looks to have the same normal string that we saw in Cordelia's trailer.  I think for Charge attacks I only saw C5 and C6?  C6 was the triangle of light that got used the most, C5 was used on Corrin near the end I think.  I guess Hinoka's probably Light element (judging from the C6).  Hinoka-copter seems to be her musou, which is completely different from either of Cordelia's specials that we saw.

Camilla's wyvern attacks in some of her normals (expected given that pegasi stomp as part of their normal string), in addition to her using her axe and fire magic (which means she should be Fire element).  We saw that Awakening mode ends with an attack as well, exactly like Focus Spirit from HW.  Wasn't paying enough attention to guess which attacks are her charge attacks though.

Takumi's Wind element (I think? I don't know what wind element does, since HW didn't have it) which makes sense given the Fujin Yumi.  He's a lot more acrobatic than Snipers were in Fates too, kind of reminds me of Linkle's crossbow moveset.  His musou was the Fates Sniper crit animation, which was a nice touch.  Also, he one shot an enemy pegasus that was at 20% health (not that we needed confirmation on bow superiority over fliers).

If you watch closely, I think we can see one of Leo's moves right as Camilla gets switched to (the four balls of fire, right before he gets creamed by a dual strike).  So I'd guess that Leo's another Fire element (which makes sense given his original crit quotes).

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

Well, while Leo being excluded here stinks, it means that Frederick wasn't left out for technical reasons or lack of popularity. It's too far into development for Leo to be unfinished, and he's not unpopular. I feel like Koei left them out so we still have plenty of characters to look forward to upon release, which is fine with me, honestly! I don't mind going into the game and starting with Frederick blind. :)

This video doesn't have enough Takumi though. All the Hinoka is awesome because she's my favorite royal besides Ryoma, but Takumi is cool too, come on...

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, while Leo being excluded here stinks, it means that Frederick wasn't left out for technical reasons or lack of popularity.

That.....wasn't the reason why Frederick was left out to begin with.

Hey, character intros are in English now. I'm also onboard with the character-specific dialogue between Leo and Camilla. More of that, please. Takumi looks great. I pretty much decided archers would be my favorites the day this game was announced. Takumi is a good call - KT can't resist a magic bow with arrows that materialize out of thin air. Cool and easy to animate.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That.....wasn't the reason why Frederick was left out to begin with.

People suggested that he was left out because he wasn't finished, hence technical issues. But Leo was left out now, and he should be finished at this point. So Frederick was likely left out for some other reason.

why does xander have a different accent when he says "I need reinforcements"

anyway this was the first video of this game that I actually paid attention to significant parts of since I was interested in how takumi would be and he looks... probably not that fun to play as, but his animations and stuff are cool

i was actually most interested in seeing leo so it was a little disappointing to me that all he did here was attack once and get killed

i guess if I get a new 3ds i might try this out if I can get it cheap later on

hopefully they finally show that version soon, considering the game is coming out like next month 

Edited by unique

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

People suggested that he was left out because he wasn't finished, hence technical issues. But Leo was left out now, and he should be finished at this point. So Frederick was likely left out for some other reason.

Frederick look finished enough for demonstration purposes. Him being left out was definitely another reason.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Frederick look finished enough for demonstration purposes. Him being left out was definitely another reason.

Yeah, that's what I thought, but others said he looked unfinished or was maybe unfinished. I'm just confirming that this wasn't the case and that he probably WAS finished as we both agree. :P

EDIT: @Dandee Leone Actually, Frederick does have fans, you know. And it isn't like Leo is unpopular, so why would he be left out then?

Edited by Anacybele

I certainly hope those weird scenes where they are using their musous are fixed cause it looks really annoying when it clips. But other than that I enjoyed it.

The voices, especially Hinoka, sound a whole lot better in game than in that trailer. Sadly Hinoka and Cordelia seem to be somewhat clones of one another, also they plan on differing them by growths possibly. I just hope they have some differences cause they look similar. Camilla looks hella fun to play tbh as those Takumi. Wish we got to see more Leo, but he's not one I was looking for in particular so I'm not peeved either way.

I just want more character reveals. The lack of characters from either games that aren't super predictable worries me.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, that's what I thought, but others said he looked unfinished or was maybe unfinished. I'm just confirming that this wasn't the case and that he probably WAS finished as we both agree. :P

EDIT: @Dandee Leone Actually, Frederick does have fans, you know. And it isn't like Leo is unpopular, so why would he be left out then?

I was joking. 

Idk why they were left out. Perhaps they felt Xander was enough to represent horse riding characters?

Also, why did Hyrule Warriors look way better visually than this??

2 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

I was joking. 

Idk why they were left out. Perhaps they felt Xander was enough to represent horse riding characters?

Oh, sorry.

Well, they've shown off three fliers now, so that's really no excuse either, imo.

HW had a different art style. I actually don't think Awakening's and Fates's style works well with the 3D models they have here either, but it looks okay enough to me. Graphics don't make the game for me anyway, it's the gameplay and stuff that counts.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Dandee Leone said:

I agree. HW looked way better than this game, especially considering that was a Wii U games and this a Switch games (Well New 3DS games too but we haven't seen anything from that since the original teaser). But I suppose it just happens to be because Zelda is much more popular and has a much bigger fanbase. Meanwhile FE, while having become more popular since FEA, is still fairly niche when compared to Nintendos other franchises.

18 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Hey, character intros are in English now. I'm also onboard with the character-specific dialogue between Leo and Camilla. More of that, please. Takumi looks great. I pretty much decided archers would be my favorites the day this game was announced. Takumi is a good call - KT can't resist a magic bow with arrows that materialize out of thin air. Cool and easy to animate.

There was one between Robin and Chrom about seeing who the stronger half was. There was one with Frederick and Lissa too. Something about tripping over a pebble I think.

1 minute ago, Azz said:

I agree. HW looked way better than this game, especially considering that was a Wii U games and this a Switch games (Well New 3DS games too but we haven't seen anything from that since the original teaser). But I suppose it just happens to be because Zelda is much more popular and has a much bigger fanbase. Meanwhile FE, while having become more popular since FEA, is still fairly niche when compared to Nintendos other franchises.

WHat does popularity have to do with visuals and art style?

I agree with @Anacybele. The cel shaded Awakening Anime artstyle does not translate well into HD three dimensional models

5 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

WHat does popularity have to do with visuals and art style?

It would mean they would put more effort into a more popular thing knowing it wold do really good because of it's large fan base while they would put less effort into something that doesn't have as large a fan base or if they didn't think it would do amazingly well.

But I could also be wrong and they just chose a pretty eh art style for the game.

15 minutes ago, Azz said:

It would mean they would put more effort into a more popular thing knowing it wold do really good because of it's large fan base while they would put less effort into something that doesn't have as large a fan base or if they didn't think it would do amazingly well.

But I could also be wrong and they just chose a pretty eh art style for the game.

I don't think it's so much a matter of effort as it is artstyle. I actually like the artstyle.

In any case, don't be so quick to judge; people hated Wind Waker's artstyle originally too.

30 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

I keep seeing this and I keep not understanding it. It's technically superior in every regard (more consistent frame rate, higher quality character models, better lighting); they're just courting the style of Awakening's and Fates' FMVs.