Hinoka, Camilla, Xander, Takumi gameplay (but not Leo for some reason)

Armagon

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Torii I'm surprised; stuff like draw distance and enemy count doesn't seem to have been decreased. Hopefully this means there's hope for something like a 540p/60FPS option for handeld to match the 720p/60FPS option when docked.

Edited by The DanMan

14 hours ago, The DanMan said:

@Torii I'm surprised; stuff like draw distance and enemy count doesn't seem to have been decreased. Hopefully this means there's hope for something like a 540p/60FPS option for handeld to match the 720p/60FPS option when docked.

Does the dock really heighten any of the Switch's specs though? It may possibly run 720p/60fps in handheld.

Regardless, I'm sure there's a 60fps option for handheld too.

12 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

Does the dock really heighten any of the Switch's specs though? It may possibly run 720p/60fps in handheld.

Regardless, I'm sure there's a 60fps option for handheld too.

No, not directly; the system uses its full potential then, though. It doesn't run at full power in handheld mode to conserve battery life.

Gif of the above:

1j58pG.gif

And also of Hinoka's "piggyback" Musou:

DRB5Z5.gif

These gifs are both over 10 seconds long, BTW.

EDIT: And Takumi's wind sword, too:

66k5Mz.gif

Edited by The DanMan

18 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Gif of the above:

Reveal hidden contents

1j58pG.gif

And also of Hinoka's "piggyback" Musou:

Reveal hidden contents

DRB5Z5.gif

These gifs are both over 10 seconds long, BTW.

EDIT: And Takumi's wind sword, too:

Reveal hidden contents

66k5Mz.gif

Very nice GIFS, characters are looking more fun the more I see them. And holy crap Takumi is pulling a Conquest Endgame on us. Seems they won't be caring about spoilers in the attacks but I expected as much.

8 minutes ago, Solaris998 said:

Very nice GIFS, characters are looking more fun the more I see them. And holy crap Takumi is pulling a Conquest Endgame on us. Seems they won't be caring about spoilers in the attacks but I expected as much.

Young Link using the Fierce Deity. Twili Midna existing. King Daphnes openly turning into the boat. Tetra using the Light Arrows.

Yeah, don't think they care.

8 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Young Link using the Fierce Deity. Twili Midna existing. King Daphnes openly turning into the boat. Tetra using the Light Arrows.

Hence why I said I was expecting as much, and I'm honestly glad they don't in this case. If Garon gets in as the Fates villain like I expect him to it means I can probably count on them using some amount of his different forms which would be interesting, in my opinion anyway.

Edited by Solaris998

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

And yet they said they took the characters from the begining of their games to not make spoilers...

After seeing this though, I hope that if Robin has a third special he does something with grima's power.

30 minutes ago, Sbuscoz said:

And yet they said they took the characters from the begining of their games to not make spoilers...

After seeing this though, I hope that if Robin has a third special he does something with grima's power.

Don't forget spoiling Ghirahim's final form in his Focus Spirit.

Though to be fair I don't think it was entirely because of spoilers. I distinctly remember hearing in Fates case it was because y'know nobody's dead at the route split. Can't say for Awakening though.

5 hours ago, Solaris998 said:

Where does he pull a "Conquest Endgame"?? He never does anything remotely like this in it. 

Trust me, if CQ Endgame involved Takumi wielding a freaking lightsaber against Corn, I'd know.

Edited by Nanima

15 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Where does he pull a "Conquest Endgame"?? He never does anything remotely like this in it. 

Trust me, if CQ Endgame involved Takumi wielding a freaking lightsaber against Corn, I'd know.

They're talking about his Awakening finisher, where he gets a purple glow and creates a clone of himself.

16 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Spoiler

he summoned a mirage of himself to attack with double efficiency.

40 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

They're talking about his Awakening finisher, where he gets a purple glow and creates a clone of himself.

39 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Hide contents

he summoned a mirage of himself to attack with double efficiency.

Ahh now I see it!! (Didn't scroll up high enough to see the video, and just saw the Hinoka and sword arrow gifs) And wow that's certainly something.. I sincerely hope it stays as an attack and doesn't become part of a storyline. Except for special effects, Possessed!Takumi was a low light of Conquest for me, just because of how hard they were pushing for him to be wrong in everything. 

The attack does look pretty neat though.

Edited by Nanima

5 hours ago, Nanima said:

Possessed!Takumi was a low light of Conquest for me, just because of how hard they were pushing for him to be wrong in everything. 

I'd say that it was one of the biggest reasons why he became popular-- to spite IS for their poor treatment of him.

12 hours ago, Namarid said:

Go to 6:48 for Takumi's awakening musou, it's pretty cool imo. Hinoka's is shown earlier in this video. So are the characters taunts as well.

At 7:33 you can kinda see part of Leo's attack string, and it looks the same as Elise's. Does that mean they're pretty much clones?

5 minutes ago, Torii said:

At 7:33 you can kinda see part of Leo's attack string, and it looks the same as Elise's. Does that mean they're pretty much clones?

im wondering maybe classes with similar weapons gets similar attack strings until u upgrade them and they unique moveset.

25 minutes ago, Torii said:

I seriously doubt that. They might have similar attack patterns like Hinoka and Cordelia, but there is n way they'd make two so popular characters clones. We've seen so little of Leon's overall gameplay that we really shouldn't be jumpring the gun on anything.

8 minutes ago, Nanima said:

I seriously doubt that. They might have similar attack patterns like Hinoka and Cordelia, but there is n way they'd make two so popular characters clones. We've seen so little of Leon's overall gameplay that we really shouldn't be jumpring the gun on anything.

I'm hoping they're not clones either, and if anything just have the same weak attack string but that's it. Leo's lack of focus on Brynhildr in his attacks always did worry me though... well like you said it's too early to draw conclusions anyway. I'm just hoping that they're different enough from each other. Same goes for Lucina & Chrom, Hinoka & Cordelia, and Takumi & Sakura

49 minutes ago, Torii said:

...Seriously?

The fact the English site says he "specializes in lightning magic" instead of dark magic should've been a giveaway, but this is very disappointing. The biggest reason for the little sisters' inclusion seems to be that they could just make them semi-clones of the little brothers. 

16 hours ago, Sbuscoz said:

I wouldn't be surprised. His super move in Codename STEAM has him literally summon Grima to power an attack. And that wasn't even a fanservice game!

5 hours ago, The DanMan said:

...Seriously?

The fact the English site says he "specializes in lightning magic" instead of dark magic should've been a giveaway, but this is very disappointing. The biggest reason for the little sisters' inclusion seems to be that they could just make them semi-clones of the little brothers. 

Characters in similar archetypes (ie: magic on horse) doesn't surprise me too much, since iirc they said way earlier that characters in the class/similar classes would use weapons similarly. Though I am curious about Sakura (who I assume will be shown next week). Takumi's crazy arrow ride doesn't feel like it would map as well to Priestess Sakura so maybe there will be more differences than, say, Virion or Jeorge or whoever.

1 hour ago, r_n said:

Characters in similar archetypes (ie: magic on horse) doesn't surprise me too much, since iirc they said way earlier that characters in the class/similar classes would use weapons similarly. Though I am curious about Sakura (who I assume will be shown next week). Takumi's crazy arrow ride doesn't feel like it would map as well to Priestess Sakura so maybe there will be more differences than, say, Virion or Jeorge or whoever.

Robin's our thunder mage, though; Leo has got Brynhildr, which controls plants and gravity while also explicitly being called a dark tome in supports. We've seen his normal attack string and three charge attacks, and none of them involve plants, gravity, or darkness. It's just a major cop out for every single mage to use thunder spells in their normal string and Leo barely using Brynhildr in particular makes as much sense as the store I work at stocking Halloween candy in July (which it actually did).

Edited by The DanMan

6 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Robin's our thunder mage, though; Leo has got Brynhildr, which controls plants and gravity while also explicitly being called a dark tome in supports. We've seen his normal attack string and three charge attacks, and none of them involve plants, gravity, or darkness. It's just a major cop out for every single mage to use thunder spells in their normal string and Leo barely using Brynhildr in particular makes as much sense as the store I work at stocking Halloween candy in July (which it actually did).

While I completely agree with you that Leo should use Dark Magic, him not using Brynhildr outside of Musous makes sense to me because he can probably equip different Tomes. He should still use Dark Magic tho

Edited by Fireball260