Did you enjoy Awakening?

Kazuya

Did you like 13?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. I mean, did you?

• Yes
    • No

I enjoyed the game immensely. I didn't buy a 2ds until this year, and Awakening is the first game I bought for it. I really like the pair up system and the lack of restrictions given by the support conversation system too (prior to Awakening, I've played Blazing Sword, Sacred Stones, Radiant Dawn, and Binding Blade, in that order). I just finished it last night, and I'm looking forward to playing it a bit more before I move on to Fates.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed it for what it was, in some ways I like it better than Fates despite Fates probably being considered the better game. For one it begins with a bandit battle, hey it's a Fire Emblem tradition! You can't take that away! It also has weapon durability which I definitely miss when I play Fates, I like how Awakening's map I can actually make sense of among some other things.

I replayed the game to death so, yes. And I'm actually playing it again in Lunatic+. According to my activity log:

Play Time - 2078:08 hours

Times Played - 1,225

Average Play Time - 1:41 hours

RD and Conquest have high numbers too.

Good entertainment hits the emotions. Good and bad ones, so if a game is receiving hate that means it's receiving love too. Look at Wii and Minecraft for example. If no one cares to crap on a game that means is boring and it isn't receiving love either.

• 4 weeks later...

Like most people, I got into the Fire Emblem series because of Awakening. When I first played it I remember staying up until 2 in the morning just so that all of my units could have as many supports as possible and that each unit was levelled up enough for the next battle (even if I left some in the barracks to collect dust forever...). I would frequently change MU's classes and experience as many changes as possible, and honestly, I also really enjoyed the story. I got attached to most of the characters and fell in love with the dragonstone and beaststone classes making Nowi, Tiki and Panne three of my favourite characters.

Replaying the game again doesn't bring back the emotions I had when first playing the game and I wish I could play it blind again. So yeah, I really enjoyed FE 13.

• 4 weeks later...

I did enjoy it as I haven't played FE for a long time since Sacred Stones, so it was good to get back in that regard. Nowadays, not so much, and I'll just leave it there.

Edited by henrymidfields

Yes, I definitely enjoyed it. It combined some of the polish improvements/minor things I'd liked about the DS games and mixed them in with a game and cast that was actually fun. Especially the cast; I know there are some gimmicky folks in there but overall it was by far the best playable cast FE had seen up to that point (villains... we won't talk about). It had some flaws, for sure, which by and large have already been mentioned in this thread. But it got me excited about Fire Emblem again.

No. I felt the story and characterization were generally bad and the gameplay was too simplified. Also, pair-up is lolbroken here (though Fates fixed that thankfully).

Though that said, it did give me one of my favorite characters ever in Frederick. I'm absolutely in love with him. <3 And some of the references to past games were nice too. So not everything about it is bad, not by a long shot.

I did, and I still do, to this day. I highly enjoyed it's characters, and it's gameplay and replay value was sure as hell fun and addicting to me. I tend to get back to it, from time to time, but I always tend to find myself stuck at about exactly Ch.16 (the one with the giant tree).

3 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

Considering how this game got me a wife and 1763 hours and 49 minutes of playtime.

Yes is kind of an understatement?

http://shadowofchaos725.tumblr.com/post/87265120155/1763-hours-and-49-minutes-playing-awakening-blue

One thousand seven hundred- my ass! What devotion! On the other hand, did you actually get married with a fellow Awakening lover?

1 hour ago, henrymidfields said:

One thousand seven hundred- my ass! What devotion! On the other hand, did you actually get married with a fellow Awakening lover?

That is a legit thing.

We're getting married on April 12th, 2019.

Though she's known *OF* me before Awakening. We just met because of the amount of videos I had on my channel in 2012-2013.

The first time I played through it I bought it because of the whole waifu deal (I was into Romance JRPG games back then) so when I went through I enjoyed it.

When I replayed it 6 months ago after having played a lot of the older games and cared more about the story and gameplay it was kind of a chore to get through.

When I first got the game and did not know much about the series (my only game prior to FE13 was FE8), I enjoyed it immensely. However, over time I began to notice problems with the characters and gameplay as I played through more of the series. My enjoyment continually decreased to the point where I would consider it my least favorite game in the series, even below the NES titles and Revelation. I don't see myself ever replaying this game in the near future.

Not really. I put it off for a year since I owned the game and abused pair up to just get through it as quickly as possibly, and was still bored doing so. I can't really say I enjoyed it that much when I played it like that and have no desire to replay it.

Edited by Tryhard

it took like 4 or 5 restarts to figure out a proper amount of exp distribution early on in lunatic in order to facilitate full deployment for the whole game (also didn't second seal any gen 1 characters), but eventually, yeah.

kind of a problem where in order to get an experience remotely resembling a normal FE game you basically have to craft it yourself though.

I've only played the 3ds games (don't shoot me!) and it's my favourite of the bunch. It definitely has it's problems for sure, but it just has more of what I want from a game. For various reasons the others just don't have that much replayability for me; Fates due to how a certain Lord just kills my drive to play the game again; and Echoes because despite it's amazing story, I don't see any reason to play it over again. At least not any time soon.