Which twin do you like the most so far?

Namarid

Rowan or Lianna  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Which twin do you like more?

• Rowan
    • Lianna
    • Neither

Neither. They're both too stock character for me from what we've seen so far to really care about, with the standard twin dynamics you'd expect. Maybe that'll change once the game is released, but I'm guessing I'll be ditching whoever I choose as the lead if I can ASAP.

Edited by AzureSen

2 minutes ago, AzureSen said:

Neither. They're both too stock character for me from what we've seen so far to really care about, with the standard twin dynamics you'd expect. Maybe that'll change once the game is released, but I'm guessing I'll be ditching whoever I choose as the lead if I can ASAP.

Well of course you'll ditch them. We're not here to play as OCs after all. Really this poll shouldn't have a neither option since it's which one do you like more not which one do you like.

6 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Well of course you'll ditch them. We're not here to play as OCs after all. Really this poll shouldn't have a neither option since it's which one do you like more not which one do you like.

It's there for the people who really don't care about the twins at all, which at this point is understandable given we know little about them.  Think of this like a pre release popularity poll.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Them being OCs has nothing to do with it. They're boring, predictable characters with uninteresting designs and movesets (from what we've seen, anyway). Koei could have just flipped their personalities so that Rowan was the even-headed one with the more graceful fighting style and Lianna was the hot-blooded one with the more forceful fighting style and I would have been 100x more interested in them, because while it wouldn't have been terribly original it at least wouldn't have been straight-up cliche.

Based on what little information we have, this poll will be disgustingly one-sided...

And I'll be directly contributing to its one-sidedness.

12 minutes ago, AzureSen said:

Them being OCs has nothing to do with it. They're boring, predictable characters with uninteresting designs and movesets (from what we've seen, anyway). Koei could have just flipped their personalities so that Rowan was the even-headed one with the more graceful fighting style and Lianna was the hot-blooded one with the more forceful fighting style and I would have been 100x more interested in them, because while it wouldn't have been terribly original it at least wouldn't have been straight-up cliche.

I don't know, I think either way they'd be cliche in some regard.

3 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Is a topic where 90% of the community is a sausagefest really deserve this question?

I was interested in what the community thought. I figure that's enough reason. I expect Lianna to be more liked but  I was curious as to how big Rowan's fanbase is now. Her being designed as a cute girl is obviously an advantage for her but it's not the only deciding factor as personality plays a part as well. If Rowan was the more level headed one and not a goofball I would certainly like him a lot more.

Now that I reconsider, I guess I could say I can somewhat trust this community to not be completely succeptible to that. Like, you don't see people ditching Hector over Lyn because of their gender. Similiar example with Eirika and Ephraim, I guess?

25 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

I don't know, I think either way they'd be cliche in some regard.

Yeah, admittedly I could have worded that better. I just wish they hadn't gone for the most obvious route when dealing with the twins' characterization, especially since they seem to ape a lot from Eirika and Ephraim (and Alfonse and Sharena).

19 minutes ago, Namarid said:

I was interested in what the community thought. I figure that's enough reason. I expect Lianna to be more liked but  I was curious as to how big Rowan's fanbase is now. Her being designed as a cute girl is obviously an advantage for her but it's not the only deciding factor as personality plays a part as well. If Rowan was the more level headed one and not a goofball I would certainly like him a lot more.

I mean, I will probably end up at least sympathizing with Rowan when the game inevitably craps on him for komedy, because that is the fate he and his character type must suffer, but yes, he would be way more interesting as a level-headed character and also because I like hot-blooded girls and there aren't enough of those.

Edited by AzureSen

14 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Now that I reconsider, I guess I could say I can somewhat trust this community to not be completely succeptible to that. Like, you don't see people ditching Hector over Lyn because of their gender.

I'm one of the people who like Hector more for sure.  I mean, Lyn's great and all, but Hector's just all around likable.

2 minutes ago, AzureSen said:

Yeah, admittedly I could have worded that better. I just wish they hadn't gone for the most obvious route when dealing with the twins' characterization, especially since they seem to ape a lot from Eirika and Ephraim.

Oh yeah, I understand.  There are a definitely a few "obvious" choices they've made that I disagree with.  I'm not necessarily a fan of textbook tropes and cliches, either.

Hopefully we at least won't get some baseless "twincest" rumors like we did with those two, eh?

1 minute ago, Soul~! said:

That's not  nice. :awesome:

Well, I put it in a nicer way than I normally do when I talk about 14 and it's terribleness. Whether you like it or not is up to you, but I'd rather not see another terrible self insert or lacking garbage mc. 

1 minute ago, Kazuya said:

Well, I put it in a nicer way than I normally do when I talk about 14 and it's terribleness. Whether you like it or not is up to you, but I'd rather not see another terrible self insert or lacking garbage mc. 

You know that feeling when you make a self-insert that plays itself.

Rowan because it's canon for the men in this series to overshadow the women in all respects. Also because neither seem particularly appealing.

4 hours ago, Kazuya said:

They aren't appealing at all. Hopefully they have development and aren't like Kamui. 

The hell do you have against Kamui? He's just in it for the money.

5 hours ago, AzureSen said:

5 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

fwiw, it seems to be the same basic system as in DQ Heroes, and you couldn't ditch whoever you chose of Luceus/Aurora and Lazarel/Teresa.

As for the question... I guess Lianna, solely because Rowan's hair looks stupid.  This is liable to change once we know more about the two of them as characters and actually see them in action, but for now, my choice is based on their hairstyles.

If I had to choose one, it would be Lianna. I dislike Rowan's voice and general aesthetic, Lianna pulls it off slightly better in my opinion.

However, thus far they do seem to be rather generic. I like Heroe's Alfonse and Sharena far more than Warrior's Rowan and Lianna. Maybe things will change as more information is revealed and the like, but so far the Fire Emblem OCs do not impress me. Hyrule Warriors had better OCs.