Taren: Character Info/Supports/Stats

Florina's #1 Fan

My protagonist in my unnamed continent...

in my unnamed work...

ISN'T A LORD! (Collective gasp)

And it isn't a guy, either! (Another collective gasp)

Now, to be truthful, she is one of three protagonists, two of which are male, but they don't split up, and they don't say that one of them needs to be protected because they're untrained or weaker (i.e. Eirika/Ephraim, Ike/Mist, Chrom/Lissa), and she is the most important sibling. 

Character Description: To say that Taren is hardheaded... is an understatement. She isn't really the tactician type, which is why it's good that she has brothers that are a lot more calm and collected when it comes to combat or really anything else. She has a competitive nature, is too stubborn to admit loss, and is rather crude, but she is honorable and has a strong heart. She has the ability to take risks when others won't, and is always willing to sacrifice her own well-being for the comfort, safety, and trust of her comrades.

She is the sloppiest eater in the army

She is the best at arm wrestling in the army

Class: Fighter

Growths (including class growths):

HP Strength Magic Skill Speed Luck Defense Resistance
85 80 15 45 55 35 55 25

Personal Skill- Burning Passion: Adjacent enemies take +4 dmg from attacks

So that's Taren. I actually have all of her supports done, but I will only post supports with characters that have their own posts like this. So her first support on her page will probably be with her brother, Tenn. And I would appreciate critique of my supports when I write them, because I can then change them, correct them, or even completely redo them to make them better. Your input helps, not hurts. Also, this does belong in written works because this will be a page for written supports, it is not strictly for the stats there.

Oh- and the link below is for the first part to the story, which is essentially years before the main campaign actually starts, so don't be confused when there is no mention of the protagonist I just wrote about :)

Edited by Florina's #1 Fan

This is my draft for a support. I fully accept criticism, so tell me what you think. If it's harsh, that's okay, just make it constructive, and not "that's crap" because I can't do anything with that.

Tenn-C

Tenn: Psst! Taren!

Taren: What?

Tenn: There's a spider on my bed!!

Taren: Spider? This again? Fine… got it. Why can’t you kill your own little spider?

Tenn: It was a big spider.

Taren: Tenn, you’re a big boy. You should be able to handle a tiny bug.

Tenn: ...I know, but…

Taren: That was really sad. I’m a girl, y’know, I’m supposed to be the one who squeals at the bugs.

Tenn: ...Don’t tell anyone else, okay? A strong reputation like mine can’t be blackened simply because I have... certain fears

Taren: A strong reputation, huh? You've got a reputation, that's all right.

Tenn: C'mon, it was a big spider.

Taren: Sure.

Tenn-B

Taren: There, 200 push-ups! What a nice morning workout.

Tenn: Taren! Why did you tell people?!

Taren: Because it was funny!

Tenn: I didn’t think it was funny, and I told you not to tell anyone!

Taren: Chill, dude, everyone’s afraid of something. We’re allowed to tease each other about it.

Tenn: What are you afraid of then, oh sister of mine?

Taren: Ha! Nothing! I was just trying to cheer you up.

Tenn: Well, it didn’t work.

Taren: It would’ve, if you hadn’t of asked anymore questions.

Tenn: I’ll find what you’re afraid of, Taren! You’ll rue the day you mocked me!

Taren: No I won’t!

Tenn-A

Taren: Time for some training… hey... where’s my axe? My axe is gone! I loved that axe!

Tenn: Is that what you’re afraid of?! Losing your precious axe?

Taren: No, you idiot, but it would be wonderful if that didn’t happen. And you know what would make that easier?

Tenn: What?

Taren: Me having my axe! Where did you put it?!

Tenn: Are you scared you might not ever see it again?

Taren: Nope, because you’re going to tell me where it is! Speak before I make you a bend you into a big, ugly knot!

Tenn: Okay, okay, just lemme’ go! It’s in that chest over there.

Taren: That was stupid, Tenn.

Tenn: But there has to be something you’re afraid of.

Taren: Why does it matter!?

Tenn: Just…tell me, okay? You can tell me.

Taren: I... I’m afraid of losing my family. You guys are all I have left. My brothers, my friends who will never leave my side. If you or Tyken got hurt, I... don’t know what I’d do. I’m afraid of being powerless to help as my closest allies die right in front of me… there, is that what you wanted?

Tenn: Taren...  I’m sorry.

Taren: Don’t be. I get it, it’s better to know that you’re allies aren’t invincible, so you know when to step in and help. And I shouldn’t have picked on you and betrayed your trust. Your fears are yours to own, and it isn’t anyone else's’ business unless you want it to be.

Tenn: Now, why do you like that axe so much?

Taren: I used it to chop firewood with dad. You don’t remember?

Tenn: No, I never did that because dad didn’t like me whining about splinters.

Edited by Florina's #1 Fan
Quality Fixes :)

This is an okay conversation premise. Before finalizing it, I would add a little flourish. I edited it below to bring it up to GBAFE standards. This is what your narrative should look like in the finished script.

Tenn-C

Tenn: Pssst! Taren!

Taren: What is it?

Tenn: There's a spider on my bed!

Taren: This again? Fine… there, I've got it.

Tenn: Thank you.

Taren: Why the heck couldn’t you be a man and do it yourself?

Tenn: WelI... it was a really big spider.

Taren: C'mon, Tenn. You’re a big boy. You should be able to handle a tiny bug.

Tenn: ...I know, but…

Taren: That was really sad. Y’know, we ladies are supposed to be the ones who squeal at little critters.

Tenn: Okay, okay... just promise not to tell anyone else. A reputation as stellar as mine can’t be blackened simply because I have... certain fears.

Taren: The day you have a "stellar reputation" is the day that I... oh never mind.

Tenn: It was a really big spider.

Taren: Yeah right.

• 2 weeks later...

Taren-C

Taren: Whatcha' got there, Schall?

Schall: Huh? Oh, I finally finished a little home for this squirrel. It took me three days to carve it and hollow it out.

Taren: You spent all that time on a squirrel house?

Schall: Yes?

Taren: Schall, why did you waste that many minutes of your life?

Schall: But the squirrel got hurt... Gill nearly trampled him, he was lucky he didn’t die.

Taren: So what? He’s a squirrel, his life’s impact on the world is astronomically puny.

Schall: All life matters, Taren, no matter how big or how small.

Taren: Schall, humans are the true impactors, without us, nothing on this Earth would ever change.

Schall: But why does that give us the right to bully other creatures?

Taren: That isn't what I meant, I'm just saying I don't think that squirrel was going to affect the number of casualties in our next battle.

Schall: Why must it always be battle? Even in war, other things are important too.

Taren: In war, in all battles, you have to be focused.

Schall: Well, this is how I stay focused. Goodbye, Taren.

Taren: Okay?

Taren-B

Taren: Schall, I wanted to apologize.

Schall: I forgive you.

Taren: Really? But I haven't even told you why I wanted to apologize yet.

Schall: There are plenty of people who don't understand why I do stupid things like lift baby birds back in their nest when they failed to fly, or leave baskets of fruit at people's houses when I don't know them, or... build squirrel houses. Hah. I know, I'm a weirdo.

Taren: No, that's not it, you're sweet.

Schall: But I always do it. I can't stop myself, even when it feels sort of embarrassing. Occasionally, when I try to be nice to someone, they don't trust me or don't accept my help. And it makes me sad. Because all I ever want to do is help. And there aren't many people like that, that don't expect a reward.

Taren: Because not everyone can afford to give freely. You come from a rich family, Schall. Did you ever think about how much money that fruit costs? Or how much time it takes for someone to climb up a tree and find a bird's nest? It's cute that you want to help people, but it can be sort of off putting when it could be interpreted as charity. Not everyone wants that.

Schall: I guess.

Taren: Look, I wanted to apologize, not because I was thinking you were weird, but because I called it a waste of time. How you decide to spend your time, your money, or your wood, it's your business.

Schall: Thank you.

Taren-A

Taren: Schall, I know we had a nice conversation the other day

Schall: It was refreshing, yes-

Taren: And you're just so sweet, but- you really didn't have to give me a fruit basket.

Schall: I didn't.

Taren: What?

Schall: I just told other people about what I did at the capital. You know, giving without reward, and I suppose they followed suit.

Taren: So, who is this from?

Schall: Does it matter?

Taren: A little?

Schall: It doesn't matter.

Taren: But then I can't thank them.

Schall: So thank yourself. For being such an encouraging friend.

Taren: Aww... c'mere, you big dope.

Schall: You're... crushing me... a little.