TFW great forum site pops up in Google Now Cards

TsundereBug

Hi! I've known about Fire Emblem for 3 years now (after an older friend introduced me to Fire Emblem YTPs) but the only taste I've gotten of it is from Smash, Nintendo Badge Arcade, and FE:H. So starting my questions:

1. What's a "Nintendo Device" FE game that I should play? (So not phone or PC)
  2. Is there an app to browse this website on mobile? The webpage is kind of slow and weird to navigate.
  3. Where can I find guides on certain FE games?
  4. Are there specific rules pertaining to userscripts or extensions to modify the site appearance?
  5. On a scale of 1-10 how strict is FftF?
  6. What's the art style of FE:H/Magikarp Jump called?
  7. Are there forum layouts or signatures? If so, why or why not?

From what I've seen so far this forum is very clean and friendly and I'm excited to learn more about Fire Emblem.

21 minutes ago, TsundereBug said:

Hi! I've known about Fire Emblem for 3 years now (after an older friend introduced me to Fire Emblem YTPs) but the only taste I've gotten of it is from Smash, Nintendo Badge Arcade, and FE:H. So starting my questions:

1. What's a "Nintendo Device" FE game that I should play? (So not phone or PC)
  2. Is there an app to browse this website on mobile? The webpage is kind of slow and weird to navigate.
  3. Where can I find guides on certain FE games?
  4. Are there specific rules pertaining to userscripts or extensions to modify the site appearance?
  5. On a scale of 1-10 how strict is FftF?
  6. What's the art style of FE:H/Magikarp Jump called?
  7. Are there forum layouts or signatures? If so, why or why not?

From what I've seen so far this forum is very clean and friendly and I'm excited to learn more about Fire Emblem.

1. Pretty much any Nintendo handheld. Of the western releases, Fire Emblem 7 and 8 are on the GBA, 9 is on GameCube, 10 is on Wii, 11 is on DS, 13(Awakening), 14(Fates) and 15(Shadows of Valtnia) are on 3DS. Nintendo's god awful at making older titles available on newer hardware, so unfortunately there's no unified platform to play FE without emulators. But if you want the most out of the systems, get an old DS with a GBA slot, and a 3DS. Though 7, 8 and 11 might be hard to find, so you might just wanna stick with 3DS.
  2. No idea. I'm sure tapatalk works, but I don't really bother with forum apps.
  3. The usual places. Gamefaqs has pretty comprehensive guides, and the Serenes main site has most of what you need to know in each of the games(Where to get items, how to recruit characters, stuff like that).
  4. I don't think so.
  5. Like, a 2 or a 3. Just don't post anything explicit, and don't be an asshole, and you should be good on FftF. This forum's pretty laid back, so the rules aren't super strict as is. FftF just removes two of the more enforced rules(Off topic conversation and spamming).
  6. I dunno. Magikarp Jump has its own kinda art style, and FE:H has a bunch of different art styles. I don't know if there's really a name for it.
  7. Not really layouts so much as themes. And yes, there are signatures.

And welcome.

Edited by Slumber

2. So would making an app specifically for this forum be ok?

3. So there's not "mainstream" guides here, but are there any misc. ones? Like how to get unit x?

6. The paper, large head style?

Also, thank you for the welcome. I have always had this fear of trying to join a FE community and being shooed out because FE:H is the only FE game I've played. (Like someone trying to join a Pokemon community and they only know about PoGO)

Edited by TsundereBug
?

Welcome to the Forest, TsundereBug!

1. You should look for a 3DS since the most recent FE are on it (Awakening, Fates and Shadow of Valentia). There is also the Wii U with its Virtual Console wich allow you to get Shadow Dragon, Sacred Stones and Fire Emblem (FE Blazing Sword).

2. No idea. Sorry.

3. Anywhere, the FireEmblem Wikia, Serenes Forest, Youtube, Gamefaqs...

4. I don't recall that there is one.

5. The forum is chill so as long as you don't break any rules, you're fine.

6. I guess it can be called "chibi".

7. There is a layout, it's "theme" (button at the bottom of any pages of the forum near "Contact Us"). And there is also signature.

Have a nice day and enjoy your stay!