CYL FEH Channel Livestream coming Monday 3.30am UTC

DefyingFates

Choose Your Legend  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Choose Your Freebie

CYL was supposed to be in summer so they're cutting it pretty close. Also, looks like IS really was trying to bait all our Orbs away before this hit :P

As naive as it is to believe this, I wish we could get at least one of these Heroes for free

Link: 

Edited by DefyingFates

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. I'm out of orbs too... shouldnt have tried for Delthea, never ended up getting her.

I'm hoping they will do something special with them too (getting them for free at a lower rank whatever) but they are probably just another month long limited banner. I still believe they wont leave us with shadows in our Hero dex... they HAVE to bring them back somehow.

Also, 10 minutes is kinda long. probably a CYL login bonus and special maps? maybe next tempest and ghb? 

42 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

CYL was supposed to be in summer so they're cutting it pretty close.

According to this Twitter post (which is almost 5 months old and was the most recent thing containing any info on the CYL heroes until today), the CYL heroes are due after this summer. So they're actually on time or even early!

Edited by Roflolxp54

Technically the summer lasts till the 21st of Septembre, They still got 27 days. Note that the FEH thingy will most likely be just an announcement for the release date (And maybe something on the sacred coins too?) I'dd say we're likely still at least a full week away.

1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

According to this Twitter post (which is almost 5 months old and was the most recent thing containing any info on the CYL heroes until today), the CYL heroes are due after this summer. So they're actually on time or even early!

Huh, good catch!

23 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

Technically the summer lasts till the 21st of Septembre, They still got 27 days. Note that the FEH thingy will most likely be just an announcement for the release date (And maybe something on the sacred coins too?) I'dd say we're likely still at least a full week away.

I figured that would be the case (with regards to Summer). I also didn't consider the possibility that we'd learn about the Sacred Coins so soon (I have no idea why :P)

And while this is going off topic, where does your profile image come from, Silith?

Edited by DefyingFates

I really don't understand why people are so eager about this whole Choose Your Legends thing. Lucina, Roy, Ike and Lyn have been in the game for a long time. Unless they're doing, I don't know, a banner where the focus heroes have a 10% change of appearing, I really don't see the point. Ike was in the Hero Fest banner anyway. Now, if they announce something more interesting, it's a whole another story.

Thch some people just don't get how awesome sause is have perfectly tunned Lyn Emblem. Though until fourth one comes it will be just Hectors monogamy harem.

Btw you know that it's not regular versions of them, right? With hype around them I can imagine they might be subjected some nice power creep as well...

Edited by Tenzen12

18 minutes ago, Kahvi said:

I really don't understand why people are so eager about this whole Choose Your Legends thing. Lucina, Roy, Ike and Lyn have been in the game for a long time. Unless they're doing, I don't know, a banner where the focus heroes have a 10% change of appearing, I really don't see the point. Ike was in the Hero Fest banner anyway. Now, if they announce something more interesting, it's a whole another story.

They're supposed to be special version of them as far as we know. Possibly Askrian based as I heard that rumor going around.

If they are introduced into a limited banner, I hope the rate is at least 5% and they give us a bunch of orbs (I'm out of orbs, between getting Summer Robin and failing to get Summer Tiki, Taking forever to get Summer Corrin, trying to get Delthea but failing, and now trying to get Amelia)

All right. I have 90 orbs at time moment. But at the same time I need to keep my expectations in check. While this is the first fan voted banner, changes are that all the units aren't going to be top tier, or change the current meta of the game. At least it is nice to celebrate over. Maybe as a bonus they can tell what the purpose of sacred coins.

So what are our predictions? While we don't know what to expect aside from the characters themselves, a common idea seems to be that they'll all get Order of Heroes outfits and their secondary weapons, which would mean they would all have different summoning colors (axes for Ike, lances for Lucina and bows for Lyn). The only one who doesn't fit that structure is Roy, which sort of throws a wrench in the idea, though I'd love it if he were either a red mage to draw a parallel to Cecilia and Lilina, or preferably a Manakete (a red one. Yeah yeah, Ninian's an ice dragon, so just give him an attack called "Freezing Flame" or something to justify his summoning color). 

1 hour ago, Kahvi said:

29 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

What's the hype in CYL, again.

I'll admit I'm not as invested in this either, but I'm curious to see what happens with it (and especially to see if all the hype will pay off). That said, FE7 was my second FE and I still don't have a Lyn, so I may pull from this banner for that (but if she is a bow user I sure hope they do something about colourless hell).

19 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I'll admit I'm not as invested in this either, but I'm curious to see what happens with it (and especially to see if all the hype will pay off). That said, FE7 was my second FE and I still don't have a Lyn, so I may pull from this banner for that (but if she is a bow user I sure hope they do something about colourless hell).

Basically my thoughts. I'm *somewhat* interested in seeing Bow Lyn as well as a potential Axe Ike (hopefully leaning on the speedier side). Really curious as to what they'll do with Roy.

1 hour ago, Thane said:

The only one who doesn't fit that structure is Roy, which sort of throws a wrench in the idea, though I'd love it if he were either a red mage to draw a parallel to Cecilia and Lilina, or preferably a Manakete (a red one. Yeah yeah, Ninian's an ice dragon, so just give him an attack called "Freezing Flame" or something to justify his summoning color). 

Is it bad that the only reason i want Manakete!Roy is to piss off those who don't ship EliwoodxNinian?

Ok, jokes aside, going off your idea, i'm trying to imagine what "Freezing Flame" would be like and i can see it being like Brynhildr, in which the enemy's movement is reduced to one (because freezing).

Anyway, even though it's probably gonna be, i don't eant the CYL Banner to be limited, since it's something we as a community contributed to. There's also the fact that i have yet to pull a unit from a limited banner (yes i know Nohrian Summer is still going but i'm probably never getting Summer!Corrin)

2 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

they might be subjected some nice power creep as well...

I highly doubt that.

With how stats work in this game, the only way they can make a broken character is to tweak the base stat distribution and growth. Unless they break the current combined neutral Attack and Speed stat record at 71, none of the new characters they make will ever be power creep. The only character that made somewhat of an impact with just 70 is BB!Cordelia since she can use Brave Bow better than anyone else, but even then, the impact on the meta is mild at best.

Besides Dire Thunder, they have not released any new Weapon comparable in performance to the original Blades and Braves. Even Valter's Cursed Lance is no where as good as Brave Lance.

Life and Death, Death Blow, Fury, and Distant Counter are still the best A passives. The only new skill to join them is Swift Sparrow, but that skill in no way surpasses Life and Death or Death Blow.

Breakers, Quick Riposte, and Vantage are still the best B passives. Cancel Affinity is about the same as a Breaker, maybe a little worse since Triangle Adept is pretty rare on a defense team.

C passives are all pretty much the same. Drive Defense has limited use, and Drive Attack is balanced by the fact that it is based on Spur's effect and not Hone's.

Edited by XRay

Please let Roy and Ike be different colors.  Please let Roy and Ike be different colors.  Please.....

Don't want to experience something like what happened in the Healer gauntlet banner (3 5* Sakuras when trying for Elise) or the Nohr Summer Banner (got an Ike when trying to pull Green for Summer Elise, tried for a better Leo when there were no Greens).

The only one of the characters I really want is Roy.  I'd be alright with Lyn or Lucina, though, I guess.

29 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Please let Roy and Ike be different colors.  Please let Roy and Ike be different colors.  Please.....

Don't want to experience something like what happened in the Healer gauntlet banner (3 5* Sakuras when trying for Elise) or the Nohr Summer Banner (got an Ike when trying to pull Green for Summer Elise, tried for a better Leo when there were no Greens).

The only one of the characters I really want is Roy.  I'd be alright with Lyn or Lucina, though, I guess.

Somehow I only just realised this will be our fourth Lucina! I guess [Single Character] Emblem is finally gonna happen, huh?

Also, (as samey as it would be) what if Roy keeps his sword? If Lyn gets a bow, Lucina an lance and Ike an axe the four still have different colours in this banner. inb4 they all get completely random weapons a la Seasonal Banners

Not really worried about power creep for these units, the only notable creep I can think of was Killer+ weapons getting a kick in the face with the Slaying+ weapons (+3 mt).

I do hope they are all different colors, preferably no swords, and possibly even some that are non-infantry.

I'm out of orbs, but I hope they give enough for me to try to get Lyn and Ike if I get lucky, don't care enough about Lucina and Roy to try for them.

Something I'm wondering is if they're going to change their stat distributions (seems pretty obvious for a bow Lyn and mage[?] Roy due to BST differences) or just slap them on another class (lance Lucina and axe Ike)? 

In any case, I'd like Lyn to be a mounted archer (yes, broken af) with high speed, above average res, below average/low attack and low defense and Ike to get more res and less def. Also I low-key want all of them to get some Askrian weapons like Leonardo, Edward and Nolan did in RD, make them prf with some nice effects to make them more appealing. (please stop with Ike and Urvan, that's more likely for RD!Ike when he's released)

1 hour ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I would like every character here has a different color.

I just saw the tweet myself, YAYZ! Can't wait to see the stream! :D

Ike is the only one I care about at all, I hope he's not the same color as the others. The game's been generous to me by not making one of the many 5 star reds I've pulled any of them other than Ike, and I'd like it to stay that way. xP In fact, Lucina is the only Falchion wielder I have not pulled. I did pull a Roy once, but he was 4 star, so that was okay. Never pulled Lyn or Lucina. And I don't ever want to. :P

I'm not much invested either, but I can still try to pick up one of those random. And something tells me to save my orbs for Halloween banner. I still have to draw Tharja and I hope she gets a special version on Halloween. 

And if Lyn turns out to be a bow user I could try my luck in the grey hell. I'm stuck with Klein who is not bad, but nothing compared to Bridelia.