CYL FEH Channel Livestream coming Monday 3.30am UTC

DefyingFates

Choose Your Legend  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Choose Your Freebie

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Hmm. If we get CYL as a September limited banner, Halloween as October, and Christmas as December, that'd leave November as the only month in quite a while with no limited banners. If they want to keep churning out limited banners (which is probably a good business move, as long as they don't piss people off too much), a limited Warriors banner could be a way to have something for November.

Warriors limited (lasting the entire month) banner in November would make little sense unless the overseas release of Warriors just happens to be on November and I doubt it; Warriors would get drowned by Super Mario Odyssey. A Warriors banner would be just like any of the main banners lasting about 2 weeks or so. Basically, it could run like this:

- CYL Banner (all of September)

- First half of the month: Whatever Skill Banner #1, Gauntlet Banner and Narcian re-rerun

- Latter half of the month: Warriors Banner #1 to tie in with Japanese release, Whatever Skill Banner #2 and new GHB

October: Halloween Banner, GHB rerun and next Tempest Trial for the first half of the month. 

@Ice Dragon That is also a possibility. Whatever strategy worked in Lunatic can't work in Infernal and can't be completely trivialized. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I never said Narcian wouldn't be getting a Lunatic version.

Fair point. Though is it even safe to assume that Narcian (and by extension Robin) will even get Infernal maps at all? That would mean that those two would have four copies available from their GHBs while all the other GHB units would have just three copies available provided they all get Infernal maps. Also, no one map has had more than three difficulties up to this point. Just something to think about, unless if I'm missing something.

Just now, Tybrosion said:

Fair point. Though is it even safe to assume that Narcian (and by extension Robin) will even get Infernal maps at all? That would mean that those two would have four copies available from their GHBs while all the other GHB units would have just three copies available provided they all get Infernal maps. Also, no one map has had more than three difficulties up to this point. Just something to think about, unless if I'm missing something.

I think at this point the player base expects all Grand Hero Battles to have an Infernal difficulty added to it after the precedent that was set with Lloyd's re-run. Legion's re-run being so soon after his initial release looks suspiciously like buying time to make more Infernal maps.

9 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Also, no one map has had more than three difficulties up to this point.

I doubt there's any special meaning to that. Narcian can be the first, just like how Legion was the first map to have a difficulty higher than Lunatic and the first Grand Hero Battle to have more than two difficulty levels.

So much Hoshidan salt in this thread.

People, you’re saltier than Berkut, saltier than the Corrin-haters in the gauntlet thread, saltier than me trying and failing to get Celica for three months.

10 hours ago, Othin said:

Hmm. If we get CYL as a September limited banner, Halloween as October, and Christmas as December, that'd leave November as the only month in quite a while with no limited banners. If they want to keep churning out limited banners (which is probably a good business move, as long as they don't piss people off too much), a limited Warriors banner could be a way to have something for November.

Is tons of limited banners what people want? Don't you want more characters added to the general summoning pool?

8 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Is tons of limited banners what people want? Don't you want more characters added to the general summoning pool?

Characters being added to the general summoning pool is better for us, but not for Nintendo, since it means less incentive for us to spend money. I think they want to make as many limited banners as we can stand.

10 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

- CYL Banner (all of September)

- First half of the month: Whatever Skill Banner #1, Gauntlet Banner and Narcian re-rerun

- Latter half of the month: Warriors Banner #1 to tie in with Japanese release, Whatever Skill Banner #2 and new GHB

October: Halloween Banner, GHB rerun and next Tempest Trial for the first half of the month.

If we're getting a FEW banner, please oh please let it be only OCs. No variants of chars already present in Heroes- how exactly would they differentiate them significantly anyway?

So I guess we'd probably only have November for a Genealogy/776/RD banner- at least two games are going to have go significantly underrepresented this year. We know they already have Christmas material they didn't used yet b/c the game launched later than expected. But if we want to be optimistic, maybe they'll work on more Christmas/banners in general goodness for a holidays/end of the year Heroes bonanza because of that.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If we're getting a FEW banner, please oh please let it be only OCs. No variants of chars already present in Heroes- how exactly would they differentiate them significantly anyway?

So I guess we'd probably only have November for a Genealogy/776/RD banner- at least two games are going to have go significantly underrepresented this year. We know they already have Christmas material they didn't used yet b/c the game launched later than expected. But if we want to be optimistic, maybe they'll work on more Christmas/banners in general goodness for a holidays/end of the year Heroes bonanza because of that.

They do two banners each month, so late September/October/December are all possibilities for new character banners, alongside all of November. I don't think they'll cover all three of those games, but they'll probably do at least one.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Characters being added to the general summoning pool is better for us, but not for Nintendo, since it means less incentive for us to spend money. I think they want to make as many limited banners as we can stand.

It would be nice if we bumped up to 3 banners a month for seasonal months at least. A month long seasonal banner, 2 normal banners. 

Seasonal units are fun, but there's so many of them and it'd be nice to have more normal variety. And it's kind of tiring after a time? Might just be me.

2 minutes ago, r_n said:

It would be nice if we bumped up to 3 banners a month for seasonal months at least. A month long seasonal banner, 2 normal banners. 

Seasonal units are fun, but there's so many of them and it'd be nice to have more normal variety. And it's kind of tiring after a time? Might just be me.

If they haven't done it yet, I don't think it's going to happen. And "seasonal months" seem to be the norm now, rather than the exception. I think it's best for us to think of the current default as being a month having one limited banner and one regular one, with some months maybe replacing the limited banner with a second regular one.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

If they haven't done it yet, I don't think it's going to happen. And "seasonal months" seem to be the norm now, rather than the exception. I think it's best for us to think of the current default as being a month having one limited banner and one regular one, with some months maybe replacing the limited banner with a second regular one.

They've shown they listen to feedback, I think saying it will never happen is a bit too early. 

That said, while looking at the hero list, I wonder if the other reason they're doing this is to slow the rate of 4 stars. Not counting Tempest, Seasonal, GHB or the current SS banner there are 44 4*-5* units. Meanwhile, there are still only 49 3* units. Assuming they don't do something weird with this SS banner that should put us at 46. 2 more normal banners (and not another case like the last echoes banner where it was 2 three man banners at once) and we now officially have more 4* units than 3* and that's just ridiculous.

1 minute ago, r_n said:

They've shown they listen to feedback, I think saying it will never happen is a bit too early. 

That said, while looking at the hero list, I wonder if the other reason they're doing this is to slow the rate of 4 stars. Not counting Tempest, Seasonal, GHB or the current SS banner there are 44 4*-5* units. Meanwhile, there are still only 49 3* units. Assuming they don't do something weird with this SS banner that should put us at 46. 2 more normal banners (and not another case like the last echoes banner where it was 2 three man banners at once) and we now officially have more 4* units than 3* and that's just ridiculous.

They listen to feedback about adding and adjusting features, but your feedback is just saying you want them to release content faster. Everyone wants them to release content as fast as possible. And if people spend more money on the limited banners than the regular ones (which is likely, I think), that's feedback that tells them to lean more towards limited banners.

I think GHBs were popular, and there are tons of requests for more villains to be added through them, but they still ended up cutting them back from two per month to one, for whatever reason. In place of that, they've been doing BHBs and releasing a second "reward" character each month through TT instead.

4 minutes ago, r_n said:

I feel like 3* were always just the booby prize anyways, only characters that generally speaking people are indifferent towards, it is unsurprising that there are more 4*s than 3*s, though having a shallow 3* pool could be more demoralizing for some prospective buyers, so I don't know, I hope those odds don't go away.

17 minutes ago, Othin said:

I think GHBs were popular, and there are tons of requests for more villains to be added through them, but they still ended up cutting them back from two per month to one, for whatever reason. In place of that, they've been doing BHBs and releasing a second "reward" character each month through TT instead.

Keep in mind that, with the exception of Lloyd, the first nine GHB characters and all their assets had been in the game since the beginning so it was rather easy for them to pump out two GHBs a month starting out. Now, they have to create all new assets for each new GHB unit they add to the game which might be the reason they've since cut it down to one GHB a month.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

They listen to feedback about adding and adjusting features, but your feedback is just saying you want them to release content faster. Everyone wants them to release content as fast as possible. And if people spend more money on the limited banners than the regular ones (which is likely, I think), that's feedback that tells them to lean more towards limited banners.

Even if they added one more banner per month it would still take a while to burn through them. Two 3-man banners would also be fine, I think. It's still lses per month than normal and they can expand the 5* pool more. GHBs I at least get, feels like they'd burn through the notable vilalins(/Navarres) pretty quickly.

Guess another thought is if they want to expand the 3* pool only on "season" changes, slowing the rate of content over the year would offset the bulk additions (I'm thinking 10-15, ish). 

idk, i can see the reasoning, but constant seasonal banners just wear at me. Feels there should be a happier medium somewhere. 

12 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I feel like 3* were always just the booby prize anyways, only characters that generally speaking people are indifferent towards, it is unsurprising that there are more 4*s than 3*s, though having a shallow 3* pool could be more demoralizing for some prospective buyers, so I don't know, I hope those odds don't go away.

3*s are ostensibly booby prizes, but that doesn't mean they should be static for the entire life of the game. Add some variety to your trash pulls! Let unlucky players get a taste of some of the weirder skills in the 4* bracket. And it's a good category for units that probably have fans, but aren't exactly astounding. Maybe do what they did at the onset and throw a few popular characters down there, like how M-Robin and F-Corrin are 3* units.

Besides in any game with a rarity system, generally the most common category should have the most to make pulling the rarer stuff more, what's the word, meaningful? Interesting? Enticing? Something like that.

19 minutes ago, r_n said:

3*s are ostensibly booby prizes, but that doesn't mean they should be static for the entire life of the game. Add some variety to your trash pulls! Let unlucky players get a taste of some of the weirder skills in the 4* bracket. And it's a good category for units that probably have fans, but aren't exactly astounding. Maybe do what they did at the onset and throw a few popular characters down there, like how M-Robin and F-Corrin are 3* units.

Besides in any game with a rarity system, generally the most common category should have the most to make pulling the rarer stuff more, what's the word, meaningful? Interesting? Enticing? Something like that.

It has been annoying how plenty of characters are becoming more rare than they should be (5* exclusive saber) amelia is what confuses me, because she could swing either way being 5* exclusive because of armor march or they may make her 4* or 5*, the only 3* that I could see from the SS banner is seth. I do agree that we need more 3*s because the pool does seem like it may get more shallow in the preceding months.

One easy way to deal with the lack of new 3*s could be to just keep dropping the 3* rate every ~6 months until it hits zero, so all summons are 4*s or 5*s. Can still get every character in the regular summon pool that way, after all.

I hope they announce an increase to the Friend List.  Everybody on my list is either someone I know on this site or has been active within the last week.  It would be hard to remove anybody if I wanted to add anybody else.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Personally I'd like an Axe War Cleric version of Lissa from the FEW game :)

But yeah I'd want the OCs too- I actually kind of like them.

At some point they should start demoting characters (less relevant 5* like Saber, and various 4* characters). They adjusted the summoning rates to make 4* more common, but eventually the proportion of 3* to 4* and 5* will be absurdly low.

In regards to past limited banners, I think it would be cool if there were a special pool to pull them, with some extra cost to access it (Sacred Coins or whatever). This pool would be the same characters as normal banners but all the 5* replaced with limited characters.

Alternatively they could rerun their banners during that part of the year.

1 minute ago, NekoKnight said:

At some point they should start demoting characters (less relevant 5* like Saber, and various 4* characters). They adjusted the summoning rates to make 4* more common, but eventually the proportion of 3* to 4* and 5* will be absurdly low.

In regards to past limited banners, I think it would be cool if there were a special pool to pull them, with some extra cost to access it (Sacred Coins or whatever). This pool would be the same characters as normal banners but all the 5* replaced with limited characters.

Alternatively they could rerun their banners during that part of the year.

Someone (I think Ice Dragon?) said that other gacha games tend to rerun limited banners in future years along with introducing new ones for that season.

They could also highlight the returning characters by featuring them alongside the new ones in Voting Gauntlets or TTs, so the seasonal rerun banner is also the gauntlet/TT banner. Would be frustrating for players who don't have those characters, but it'd also give more motivation for people to pull from them, so that seems like reason enough for them to want to do it.

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It should be the OCs although I can also see a focus banner for characters that appear in FE Warriors like Marth, Chrom and Ryoma.  

As for Genealogy, they can always squeeze that one on the latter halves of October and December. November seems to be free of seasonal banners at the moment so they could pop up there as well. 

@NekoKnight Saber is locked to 5* due to his weapon. Many red sword units would LOVE to have that sword. 

I really hope they continue doing these streams every month. I find them to be extremely helpful in orb management as we are told in advance the TT and voting gauntlet banners. 

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the voting gauntlet for September is going to be CYL vs their normal counterparts. It'll certainly make for an interesting matchup if the first round are the characters facing their twins. 

1 hour ago, Lord-Zero said:

@NekoKnight Saber is locked to 5* due to his weapon. Many red sword units would LOVE to have that sword. 

There are plenty of good skills that are available at lower star levels too. All the Blade tomes, Wo Dao, Brave Bow, among others. Desperation, Fury and Vantage are all in the 3* pool.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I hope they announce an increase to the Friend List.  Everybody on my list is either someone I know on this site or has been active within the last week.  It would be hard to remove anybody if I wanted to add anybody else.

They can increase the amount of feathers based on how many friends you have !! Like, only 5 feathers sounds... too poor lol