CYL FEH Channel Livestream coming Monday 3.30am UTC

DefyingFates

Choose Your Legend  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Choose Your Freebie

8 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Oooooh, I know what I calculated wrong. I forgot their weapons reward bonus stats.

So then Roy has 32 base attack, and Lyn has 35 speed.

Your assumptions also doesn't make sense, as the footage clearly shows the characters as they are being used as player units.

There must be a new special "Brave" unit that has increased BST compared to other units of the same type, since they are units who won the Choose your Legends poll.

How good are Roy and Lyn factoring in skill inheritance, from snap judgement?

Edited by NoirCore

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Subtracting Roy's +3 brings his BST in line with other cavalry just with that, Lyn's is still higher than ranged cavalry, so I don't know why Lyn would get a BST boost, but not Roy.

Lyn did get 1st place for women, compared to Roy only getting 2nd. We won't know for sure until we can confirm ALL of Lucina and Ike's BSTs.

13 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

In that case, what the fuck were the Germans smoking when they localized the Song of Roland?

I'm guessing written languages were really messy back then? Or maybe it's something like y'know how people from different parts of the world have to spell their name in different languages? Possibly something like that. With Seamus, for example, people have written it as Shaymus and Shamus. Or Li, Lee, Yi, etc.

I think there's another example or explanation where one word ends up being rendered in different ways. Perhaps it's because of missing or, more appropriate, nontransferable sounds.

That or the writer couldn't remember the damn sword's name and came up with something that remotely sounded similar.

Edited by Kaden

So is anyone concerned about powercreep? Those weapons and skills, while locked to their owner, are pretty insane.

Also, I wonder if the free character will be before you summon on the banner or whenever you want.

Just now, Xaos Steel Wing said:

I'm kind of thinking that these CYL units were meant to be really good, since it's a special one-time voting banner.

If that's their plan, they are inconsistent, since Roy has regular BST, and Lyn has 5 points higher BST than normal.

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yes! Since I still have not pulled one of my own. Though I haven't been pulling green much lately either because Seth hunting.

Well now you get a free green Ike, can't go wrong with that.

Definitely going Ike in the Gauntlet though. Especially since he was the green axe user I was needing.

Edited by Tolvir

3 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

How good are Roy and Lyn factoring in skill inheritance, from snap judgement?

Roy is better than Cain in neutral nature offensive stats, while Lyn is completely unpredictable due to being the first (player accessible) Bow Cavalier in the game. Though from personal judgement, she will be a fine archer.

Do I see the weapon type that horses were missing?  Totally going for that, of course~!  The only thing worse than a mounted bow user is one that has Death Blow and a bunch of cavalry buffs~!

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Lucina has 44 HP, 34 Atk, and at least 32 Spd based on the battle calculations with the red knight.

If she's doing 38 against a red enemy with 18 defense, meaning 23 after defense terrain bonus, that should make her effective attack 61, or 51 before weapon triangle, so 35 Atk without the 16 Mt weapon, right? Or am I missing something?

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Do I see the weapon type that horses were missing?  Totally going for that, of course~!  The only thing worse than a mounted bow user is one that has Death Blow and a bunch of cavalry buffs~!

Maybe we'll see Raven Tomes come back into vogue.

5 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

So is anyone concerned about powercreep? Those weapons and skills, while locked to their owner, are pretty insane.

Also, I wonder if the free character will be before you summon on the banner or whenever you want.

Little bit, though I think it may be a bit balanced out by the fact that this is a one time thing. Once this banner is done, that is it. Wonder how short the banner will be, given the units not sure I can see this lasting longer than a few weeks.

I think they may also be there to also counter some of the stuff like Horse Emblem, and Hector who was practically called out in the stream itself. 

Just now, eclipse said:

Just imagine Reinhardt's Dire Thunder is releasing Lightning Arrows, and the image should only require a quick edit involving sharpie boobs and maybe some stick protrusions coming from his tome.

8 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

I think that they wanted to make all 4 units on this special banner really good. So this probably a one time super powerful banner for a special occasion.

Also... if everyone gets free Lyn or Ike, even if they are super powerful, it's not that big an issue, as opposed to leaving it to gacha luck.

2 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Power creep is par for the course for gachas. If the new units aren't stronger---and significantly so, given that older units might be multi-merged---there's no reason to pull for new units. That said, a wild increase in a short period of time isn't good either, since old units would obsolete too fast, meaning people stop investing heavily since newer ones would come out to put the old ones out of business.

That said, FEH uses a fairly stable model in that BST is more or less set, meaning creep mostly happens from more min-maxed distributions and skills getting stronger. Min-maxed BST is actually surprisingly impossible---at the very highest levels, defensive stats become offensive stats because you can't double people if you get OHKOd on the counter, so there's a limit to how high you can push offenses without making the unit a joke, barring complete jokes of BST distribution like 50 atk or something. The developers seems to be fairly good at keeping both Atk, Spd, Def, and Res under control (sub 40), though, and sub 40 distributions are quite safe since no one's quite strong enough to turn offenses into defenses, barring Reinhardt, who has the -blade CC Vantage combo. (Other horses and flying mages can run it too, but their stats or colors tend to be inferior. S!Camilla has better stats, worse color, Leo has slightly worse stats and color, Cecilia has slightly worse stats, worse color, etc.)

So the biggest creep is skill creep, and I'm sure IS will favor the 'counter' route, where new skills counter old skills, rather than the 'more power' route, where new skills are simply more power compared to old skills. (Drives are weaker than Hones, but aren't countered by things that counter Hones, is an example.)

Oh, -raven wasn't in?  Someone forgot to tell me that. :P:

Until I can think of something better, Spring Camilla's in the arena defense team for good.  Have fun, everyone else who picks Lyn~!

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

I'm thinking the oversaturation of Lyn in people's arena runs will make -Raven users get a leg up in defensive teams, so that's neat.

Im sure well see more Raven tomes. With Triangle Advantage. Especially male Robin.

But a balanced color team on your end should make that not much of a problem. Especially if the Raven user runs TA. Such as, running Bow Lyn with Reinhardt or Cecilia.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Maybe we'll see Raven Tomes come back into vogue.

Sadly Cancel Affinity exists now. My Bridelia has it and every TA Raven user I see in the arena cry at the sight.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Oh, -raven wasn't in?  Someone forgot to tell me that. :P:

Until I can think of something better, Spring Camilla's in the arena defense team for good.  Have fun, everyone else who picks Lyn~!

Cancel Affinity, problem solved. (I have 4 5* Mathildas and a 4* as well for some reason)

That said, I'm probably going for Ike, unless one of the other ones has a standout BST distribution. (I'm not going to trust the BSTs from the preview, so I'll wait will the end of the month before deciding.)

Man I still don't know who to pick. I want them all, and I'm gonna be mass pulling in 2 weeks anyways (assuming the banner lasts more than 2 weeks anyways), but that still leaves me 2 weeks to spend with my chosen hero.

I still need more Green units for multiple reasons, I am in full support of Mah Boi, the first mounted archer would make a great addition to my very bow-droughted hero stock, and Lucina looks TOO FREAKIN COOL WITH THAT LANCE.