CYL FEH Channel Livestream coming Monday 3.30am UTC

DefyingFates

Choose Your Legend  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Choose Your Freebie

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Also, what the fuck was the localization team smoking with "Mulagir"?

What is it supposed to be? Whatever weapon this is. I Google searched "Mulagir" and it brought me to Wikipedia for Murgleys which also states that in "Middle High German", Murgleys or Murgleis was called Mulagir: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murgleys.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Ike and Lucina's stats were never seen.

Lucina has 44 HP, 34 Atk, and at least 32 Spd based on the battle calculations with the red knight.

4 minutes ago, Kaden said:

What is it supposed to be? Whatever weapon this is. I Google searched "Mulagir" and it brought me to Wikipedia for Murgleys which also states that in "Middle High German", Murgleys or Murgleis was called Mulagir: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murgleys.

2 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

It's the name of Murgleys in the High German version of the Song of Roland apparently:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murgleys

Maybe they though German sounded cooler?

In that case, what the fuck were the Germans smoking when they localized the Song of Roland?

Edited by Ice Dragon

HYPE OVERFLOWING!!!

Ok, my freebie will be Lyn because mounted archer with the ability to kill blade tomes and DC is too good to pass up. Every unit here is absoutely amazing but if I were to rate them I'd say they go Lyn>Ike>Roy>Lucina based on their skillset, either way everyone of them seems like an 8/10 at worst.

5 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I'm trying to observe their stats the best I can, taking away any attack coming from their weapons and assuming they are neutral nature...

Roy

Hide contents

HP: 38

Att: 35

Spd: 34

Def: 26

Res: 24

Lyn

Hide contents

Hp: 35

Att: 33

Spd: 38

Def: 18

Res: 28

Ike and Lucina's stats were never seen.

Those numbers don't quite add up.  For ranged cavalry, the BST is 144-145, Lyn has 152 there.  Maybe those are inflated stats from the paralogue.  Maybe subtract 1-2 from each stat, which would still be a good spread.

Roy has BST 157, and melee cavalry is 153-155, not quite as big a discrepancy, but still a bit inflated.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yes, go Ike, Rezzy! WE LIKE IKE! ^^

I probably will.  You were wanting to use my Titania, weren't you?

Okay that's a much more reasonable effect for Ike's passive. Hope people don't pull him expecting bonus damage and get disappointed.

@Ice Dragon do you know if Ike's bonus-disabling effect is also limited to cavalry/fliers?

Correction from earlier: Since Lyn's bow gives +3spd, she has 35 speed at neutral. That's 30 with Brave Bow.

She still gets to 36 with Brave Bow + Hone Cavalry. Add to that Goad Cavalry and/or Fury or LaD and she can still easily quad.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I probably will.  You were wanting to use my Titania, weren't you?

Yes! Since I still have not pulled one of my own. Though I haven't been pulling green much lately either because Seth hunting.

2 minutes ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

Correction from earlier: Since Lyn's bow gives +3spd, she has 35 speed at neutral. That's 30 with Brave Bow.

She still gets to 36 with Brave Bow + Hone Cavalry. Add to that Goad Cavalry and/or Fury or LaD and she can still easily quad.

If you subtract one from every stat, in addition to subtracting their weapon's effects, that might show stats that are more in line with established BSTs.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Those numbers don't quite add up.  For ranged cavalry, the BST is 144-145, Lyn has 152 there.  Maybe those are inflated stats from the paralogue.  Maybe subtract 1-2 from each stat, which would still be a good spread.

Roy has BST 157, and melee cavalry is 153-155, not quite as big a discrepancy, but still a bit inflated.

Oooooh, I know what I calculated wrong. I forgot their weapons reward bonus stats.

So then Roy has 32 base attack, and Lyn has 35 speed.

Your assumptions also doesn't make sense, as the footage clearly shows the characters as they are being used as player units.

There must be a new special "Brave" unit that has increased BST compared to other units of the same type, since they are units who won the Choose your Legends poll.

Edited by Xenomata

5 minutes ago, Kaden said:

To answer the first question, it's supposed to be Murgleis/Murgleys. The Japanese name of the weapon is the original French name. (If you're not familiar with Elibe's legendary weapons, this is Hanon's legendary bow. Durandal, Maltet, Armads and Murgleis are all from the Song of Roland with Armads a possibly intentional misspelling of Turpin's sword, Almace.)

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Okay that's a much more reasonable effect for Ike's passive. Hope people don't pull him expecting bonus damage and get disappointed.

@Ice Dragon do you know if Ike's bonus-disabling effect is also limited to cavalry/fliers?

Yeah. The effect in Japanese reads "If the opponent is cavalry or flying, in battle, all positive field bonuses are nullified".

9 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

How about a poll in this thread for which free unit we want? You know, so that that question isn't asked in a separate thread and wastes space.

I've been tryong, but...how do I make one? sheepish grin

1 minute ago, DefyingFates said:

I've been tryong, but...how do I make one? sheepish grin

Same way you edit any of your posts. Once you click "edit" there's a separate tab beside "content". Everything from there should be self explanatory.

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Oooooh, I know what I calculated wrong. I forgot their weapons reward bonus stats.

So then Roy has 32 base attack, and Lyn has 35 speed.

Your assumptions also doesn't make sense, as the footage clearly shows the characters as they are being used as player units.

There must be a new special "Brave" unit that has increased BST compared to other units of the same type, since they are units who won the Choose your Legends poll.

Subtracting Roy's +3 brings his BST in line with other cavalry just with that, Lyn's is still higher than ranged cavalry, so I don't know why Lyn would get a BST boost, but not Roy.

Am I the only one who believes they invented those Blessing B-Skills just to make future PvE maps hell for the typical OP team comps? Just you wait until they invent the Anti-Brave effect B-Skill :P

After looking at the art some more now, I must admit, I kinda want all of them, even Roy, who I don't care for otherwise. Good work from those artists, I can't deny that.

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

If you subtract one from every stat, in addition to subtracting their weapon's effects, that might show stats that are more in line with established BSTs.

I'm kind of thinking that these CYL units were meant to be really good, since it's a special one-time voting banner.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yeah. The effect in Japanese reads "If the opponent is cavalry or flying, in battle, all positive field bonuses are nullified".

That's good. From the English phrasing, it sounded like just an even broader version of Lyn's effect, but he'll miss infantry mages. And of course he can't counter mages anyway unless he eats a Hector.

Speaking of Hector, I wonder if the 5-8 place finishers will get alternate forms like these at some point in the future.

4 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Did they mention a paralogue at all? All the maps they fought on were old.

No, but they also didn't really give a full trailer anyway, since it only mentioned half the skills.