CYL FEH Channel Livestream coming Monday 3.30am UTC

DefyingFates

Choose Your Legend  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Choose Your Freebie

6 minutes ago, ruruo said:

Shame. Guess I will wait until I see both their starts first before picking the free one. In that case Ike's B skill seems so much more situational compared to Lyn's, :/. Shutting down horse/flier emblem buffs looks good on paper but I don't think I run into them enough to justify a dedicated unit. 

Lyn's bow and B on the other hand looks so much more versatile -blade tomes and DC units are arguably more commonly seen. I really have no reason not to go for her outside of no being a fan :S

Ignoring cavalry and flier buffs is stronger than shutting down Litrblade because ignoring cavalry and flier buffs already shuts down the most dangerous Litrblade users as a side effect.

Shutting down Distant Counter I feel to be more situational for the average player, but is a godsend at the 730+ range where almost every unit has Distant Counter for scoring purposes.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaaagh I like all of them so much. I don't even really need someone like Roy (& to a lesser extent Lucina) but they look so nice I'd love to have them.

Going to suck when I get the free one and then a thousand normal roys.

1 hour ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Why the heck is Roy a horsie now? I guess they're kinda limited with what they can do with him since he never had a secondary weapon like the others, but still.

Probably will take Lyn as the freebie.

He has as much reason to have a horse as Lyn, really. Neither of them use horses in their own games, but they both have family members who've used them.

Lyn has extra hype for being mounted as the first mounted archer, but Roy also has the benefit of not being yet another infantry sword lord, so that also kinda evens out.

22 minutes ago, r_n said:

Out of curiosity has Lyn's father ever been shown or talked about? Him being a nomad makes sense because duh Sacae but seems like an odd thing to specifically reference, I suppose.

He was the chief of Lyn's tribe until he got killed by bandits, along with the rest of the tribe. I don't remember anything else being mentioned about him, even a name.

I guess it was the easiest way to explain her being a horse archer, and it also fits with Roy and Ike having CYL versions based on their fathers as well.

13 minutes ago, Othin said:

He was the chief of Lyn's tribe until he got killed by bandits, along with the rest of the tribe. I don't remember anything else being mentioned about him, even a name.

I guess it was the easiest way to explain her being a horse archer, and it also fits with Roy and Ike having CYL versions based on their fathers as well.

Surprised they didn't give Lucina a bare arm showing the brand a butterfly tattoo to complete the theme.

It does fit and I see what they were going for, but sacae with its nomads makes a lot of sense already. Ah well, maybe in 10 years when we get FE7: Echoes of Blazing Elibe we'll see her father inspired by this design. That'd be fun.

I literally just realised everyone but Lyn leans on the fourth wall with their comments in this trailer (by talking about the people who've supported them, i.e. us) - Lucina even mentions she got her weapon from another world, "I'm sure of it". Granted those lines also make sense in-universe but I thought it was a really neat touch.

Lyn sounds a bit more...mature than default and Bridal Lyns I think? It still sounds like Wendee Lee though but we'll see. Have you guys heard or read anything about her being replaced?

Edit: @r_n, what I wouldn't give to see a remake that packages both FE6 and 7 into a single game (or at least two games on one cartridge)...

Edited by DefyingFates

49 minutes ago, Othin said:

He has as much reason to have a horse as Lyn, really. Neither of them use horses in their own games, but they both have family members who've used them.

She doesn't ride a horse in terms of gameplay, but the story supports her knowing how to ride one. So it's a canonical addition, if a bit unexpected.

22 minutes ago, Othin said:

Hassar was his name I believe and he was said to be skilled in the sword (teaching Lyn) as well as the bow. (There are other mentions of him of course) I'd say Nomadic trooper is the most logical existing class. 

5 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I literally just realised everyone but Lyn leans on the fourth wall with their comments in this trailer (by talking about the people who've supported them, i.e. us) - Lucina even mentions she got her weapon from another world, "I'm sure of it". Granted those lines also make sense in-universe but I thought it was a really neat touch.

Lyn sounds a bit more...mature than default and Bridal Lyns I think? It still sounds like Wendee Lee though but we'll see. Have you guys heard or read anything about her being replaced?

Edit: @r_n, what I wouldn't give to see a remake that packages both FE6 and 7 into a single game (or at least two games on one cartridge)...

Is Wendee Lee union? Could be she's here but going uncredited due to the VA strike

6 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

that's definitely still wendee lee

i have no idea why she's not credited but i recognized her voice before it even registered in my mind that it was for lyn

could've just been a mistake in the trailer since I don't see any reason that she'd be credited for two appearances of the same character but not the third

6 minutes ago, goodperson707 said:

Hassar was his name I believe and he was said to be skilled in the sword (teaching Lyn) as well as the bow. (There are other mentions of him of course) I'd say Nomadic trooper is the most logical existing class. 

Good catch. And apparently Wallace mentioned him riding a horse, although that isn't exactly surprising.

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Hassar

This should have been a Father's day event, three of the characters are trying to emulate their fathers.

Honestly I really wish Lucina followed the theme and emulated Chrom.  She could still get lances, since he gets them on promotion too.  It's a cute theme, so yeah.

Roy in the Eliwood clothes that are too big for him (which makes perfect sense as FE6 Roy has 1 less Con than FE7 Eliwood, so of course Eliwood's old clothes will be big on him) is absolutely adorable in particular.

43 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

This should have been a Father's day event, three of the characters are trying to emulate their fathers.

Honestly I really wish Lucina followed the theme and emulated Chrom.  She could still get lances, since he gets them on promotion too.  It's a cute theme, so yeah.

Roy in the Eliwood clothes that are too big for him (which makes perfect sense as FE6 Roy has 1 less Con than FE7 Eliwood, so of course Eliwood's old clothes will be big on him) is absolutely adorable in particular.

It is a Father's Day event for us in Australia.

56 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

If they really wanted to complete the set, Lucina could cosplay as Chrom and rock the one-armed sleeveless look :P

But yeah I'll be planning to summon on Father's Day to see if any of their dads' luck will rub off on my summoning.

Edited by mcsilas

2 hours ago, Othin said:

https://serenesforest.net/general/heroes-of-fire-emblem/

Hanon the horsewoman (mistakenly called a man in the NA release) is the Eight General of Sacae who used Mulagir. In the NA version (don't know about the Japanese), Athos, speaking poetically in all likelihood (but given its been 1000 years it is certainly possible genetically), calls Lyn a daughter of Hanon (and Lycia's Roland).

^^ Well Lucina emulates Chrom quite a bit already (not that the others couldn't also have that said about them) and she only really needs his shoulder guard or something to follow the trend, though most likely not intended mentions of cosplay and the like seems a bit weird with Lyn.(though I don't think we have ever seen what Hassar looks like so I suppose Lyn could of copied his outfit) 

Edited by goodperson707

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

I think this is like a Kagero situation, but happening during a game's lifetime and not a game and new installment where a character returns or whatever. I remember reading somewhere people complained about Kagero's English voice sounded too young in Fates and if you compare Fates Kagero to Heroes Kagero, Heroes Kagero sounds older. For Heroes, I think regular Lyn's voice had complaints about her sounding high-pitched and with bride Lyn and now, CYL Lyn, she sounds older.

Personally, from the snippets of of CYL Lyn's voice I've heard, I'd say she's between regular Lyn and bride Lyn. Bride Lyn sounds the oldest to me which kind of makes sense, CYL is in the middle, and regular Lyn sounds the youngest. I remember having a regular Lyn in my team for a Voting Gauntlet and it was kind of hilarious to hear her map select quotes. The first Lyn I had was bride Lyn and I got used to her voice.

Gamepedia has every characters' quotes and you can hear them too. Sometimes it doesn't work, though... Here's regular Lyn's quote page: https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Lyn/Quotes, and here's bride Lyn's: https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Lyn_(Bridal_Blessings)/Quotes. If those don't work, try YouTube.

2 hours ago, r_n said:

Is Wendee Lee union? Could be she's here but going uncredited due to the VA strike

Doesn't the VA strike only affect specific companies? I remember seeing a list of the most notable companies affected while searching on the strike, and Nintendo wasn't on the list.

11 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Doesn't the VA strike only affect specific companies? I remember seeing a list of the most notable companies affected while searching on the strike, and Nintendo wasn't on the list.

Probably, but I could also see people going uncredited just for..."solidarity" maybe is the word. Looks nicer to your fellow VAs, I guess.

I'm pretty sure other Nintendo games have had VAs go by pseudonyms for similar reasons.

41 minutes ago, r_n said:

Probably, but I could also see people going uncredited just for..."solidarity" maybe is the word. Looks nicer to your fellow VAs, I guess.

I'm pretty sure other Nintendo games have had VAs go by pseudonyms for similar reasons.

I think they just go by different identities for union reasons.

7 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Are you saying we just cut open some guys/gals and just start shoving Grima's innards (or Nagas) into them and hope it works?

Cause... did they even have good enough surgical techniques at that point in time? Or did they just say "so you have twelve new holes in your body where holes shouldn't be and also you took an arrow to the face, chest, and knee, it also seems you have Grima's left lung pulsating out if you... HEAL STAFF NURSE!"

...maybe we should just bring the Deadlords to the good side and give them some cool-sounding weapons instead.

You underestimate what the finest alchemical techniques are capable of. Physical splicing might be useful, but with proper magical techniques, you can push dragon organs through one's skin without the slightest feeling of pain and no incisions either. What does matter is that you hold absolutely still during the insertion operation and do not panic. Heightened states of emotion will interfere with the infusing of the dragon body part and its power into the human, and may result in said power hijacking your body. Failure to adequately merge at initiation, also leaves a chance of said life-ending nightmare happening later on during another emotional high or low if things don't go awry right away. But if the marriage of human to dragon remnant goes well, the individual will have the wrath of a god in their fingertips. Why, this procedure is possible in non-humanoids even, you can insert Grima larynx into a horse for a maldeiter steed, or you could put a Naga finger into a fish, or even a tree!

All this said, the failure is I shall admit to be... fairly high. That'd provide for a good source of Deadlords at least. 

And, Lucina, who happened to start this tangent in the first place, is a fine choice for becoming a benedieter. The Lucina I refer to however is not the one who traveled from the future, rather it's the infant one from Chrom's world. Having a god part inserted into a very young child has a very high success rate, the highest of any age group. And if we use a part from Naga, well Naga is by nature nice, so unlike using a chunk of Grima, the chance of being devoured due to failure to harmonize the dragon remnant and host is quite low. Plus she already has some Naga power in her. And since you brought up Owain, we should have enough fragments to make baby Owain and even his grown self both deiters of some sort. We could do it will all of the children of Awakening. And if we divvy up Anankos, we can do the same with the Fates kids. And pieces of Duma and Mila could be used to create the ultimate heir to the throne of the unified Valentian continent. The possibilities are almost endless!

Just call me... Doctor Welus.

Just want to ask,

Do we really need to post in livestream thread after livestream is over?  People started threads for all the other news and we have the general discussion thread.  It's hard to keep up with conversations spread out all over.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You underestimate what the finest alchemical techniques are capable of. Physical splicing might be useful, but with proper magical techniques, you can push dragon organs through one's skin without the slightest feeling of pain and no incisions either. What does matter is that you hold absolutely still during the insertion operation and do not panic. Heightened states of emotion will interfere with the infusing of the dragon body part and its power into the human, and may result in said power hijacking your body. Failure to adequately merge at initiation, also leaves a chance of said life-ending nightmare happening later on during another emotional high or low if things don't go awry right away. But if the marriage of human to dragon remnant goes well, the individual will have the wrath of a god in their fingertips. Why, this procedure is possible in non-humanoids even, you can insert Grima larynx into a horse for a maldeiter steed, or you could put a Naga finger into a fish, or even a tree!

All this said, the failure is I shall admit to be... fairly high. That'd provide for a good source of Deadlords at least. 

And, Lucina, who happened to start this tangent in the first place, is a fine choice for becoming a benedieter. The Lucina I refer to however is not the one who traveled from the future, rather it's the infant one from Chrom's world. Having a god part inserted into a very young child has a very high success rate, the highest of any age group. And if we use a part from Naga, well Naga is by nature nice, so unlike using a chunk of Grima, the chance of being devoured due to failure to harmonize the dragon remnant and host is quite low. Plus she already has some Naga power in her. And since you brought up Owain, we should have enough fragments to make baby Owain and even his grown self both deiters of some sort. We could do it will all of the children of Awakening. And if we divvy up Anankos, we can do the same with the Fates kids. And pieces of Duma and Mila could be used to create the ultimate heir to the throne of the unified Valentian continent. The possibilities are almost endless!

Just call me... Doctor Welus.

I do believe... that this situation sounds very familiar for some reason... and I don't recall the previous situation having a very happy beginning...

6 hours ago, Othin said:

He has his name mentioned in Blazing Blade.

8 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

they should have made him a dragon like his mom instead.

CYL Roy’s mum is Lyn according to his Galeforce.

5 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

what I wouldn't give to see a remake that packages both FE6 and 7 into a single game (or at least two games on one cartridge)...

No, Naga, no, please don’t let this happen.

Edited by Vaximillian