How's this team/what should I do with it?

TsundereBug

If the level of your characters is to low to solve a certain story map, try to gain some levels in the training tower. 

If you are referring to your team composition or if you want to improve your characters with the help of skill inheritance, it would be helpful to know what other characters you have. 

Yeah, I'm pretty sure your levels are a bit on the low side at the moment? For Leo and Florina.

If you're a new player, you really don't have to worry about "improving" your units that much. I tell people to not think about SI until they have their first full team of level 40s.

17 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure your levels are a bit on the low side at the moment? For Leo and Florina.

If you're a new player, you really don't have to worry about "improving" your units that much. I tell people to not think about SI until they have their first full team of level 40s.

Yeah, Leo and Florina are relatively new units.

35 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

If the level of your characters is to low to solve a certain story map, try to gain some levels in the training tower. 

If you are referring to your team composition or if you want to improve your characters with the help of skill inheritance, it would be helpful to know what other characters you have. 

Screenshot_20170825-082954.png

1 minute ago, TsundereBug said:

Yeah, Leo and Florina are relatively new units.

Screenshot_20170825-082954.png

Since Leo is your only 5*, you'll be relying on him a lot for now. I suggest subbing in Raven for Laslow for the color coverage, also for the fact that Raven is actually very good.

Leo is fine for now but you're going to want to replace him with another 5* at some point.  He is not very good in most situations.

HOWEVER, don't be too upset because he can still be very useful later on.  If you ever find yourself with 3 other horse units with good buffs he can be used very effectively as a blade user in a horse emblem, or in certain situations where the enemy has a lot of low-res greens. But he's not very useful when he's with a bunch of infantry.  Your main priority should be getting some 4*s to level 40 so you can do the special maps for more orbs and try our luck at summoning and more 5*s.

And yea, Sharena is better than Florina in most cases.  The rest of the Askr trio isn't as good as her, however.  

Kagero is your strongest unit right now, and doesn't require a lot of investment.  Going to be worth 5*ing asap.

Edited by Lushen

That's a good team, yes. Kagero will handle most the opposing infantry.

But your Sharena is still 2* rarity. To be better than Florina she should be 3* or better 4*. To promote her you would need feathers (200 for 3* + 2000 for 4*), badges, which can be obtained in the training tower and you would need to promote her at least to level 20 for each promotion. 

If you want to solve much story contend soon, you should start using Florina, as she is already 4*. 

Have you been releasing your 3* or lower units? I'm surprised you don't seem to have any, even free ones like the Matthew/Virion/Raigh you get from the start. That's not really a good idea, especially before you really build up a substantial team.

But yeah, train to get more levels, especially on one of your greens so you can have all your colors covered. There are also some greens in the daily Hero Battles, so you might want to check those out. Their star ratings are very low, although that also means they're pretty cheap to upgrade to higher ratings.

3 hours ago, Othin said:

Have you been releasing your 3* or lower units? I'm surprised you don't seem to have any, even free ones like the Matthew/Virion/Raigh you get from the start. That's not really a good idea, especially before you really build up a substantial team.

But yeah, train to get more levels, especially on one of your greens so you can have all your colors covered. There are also some greens in the daily Hero Battles, so you might want to check those out. Their star ratings are very low, although that also means they're pretty cheap to upgrade to higher ratings.

So who should I be summoning for? I'm ok with really grinding for orbs to get a 5*.

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

That's a good team, yes. Kagero will handle most the opposing infantry.

But your Sharena is still 2* rarity. To be better than Florina she should be 3* or better 4*. To promote her you would need feathers (200 for 3* + 2000 for 4*), badges, which can be obtained in the training tower and you would need to promote her at least to level 20 for each promotion. 

If you want to solve much story contend soon, you should start using Florina, as she is already 4*. 

I have enough feathers and badges to get Sharena to 4* (although I am saving up for Kagero 5*). So switch to Florina for now and build up feathers and badges?

1 hour ago, TsundereBug said:

So who should I be summoning for? I'm ok with really grinding for orbs to get a 5*.

I have enough feathers and badges to get Sharena to 4* (although I am saving up for Kagero 5*). So switch to Florina for now and build up feathers and badges?

It depends how you want to play the game. Chances are high you will change Florina for a better lance later the game, it's up to you how much you want to invest into her just now. She should suffice to solve most of the story content, but Sharena is worth investment because she is better in most situations, plus she is one of the main characters and therefore needed in many missions and 1/3 of the time a bonus unit in arena. 

Kagero is definitely worth a promotion, in fact she carried me through most fights early in the game. But did you check her nature? If yours is -ATK or -SPD you probably should promote a copy with a better nature or start promoting a different unit altogether. 

/Edit: it's not a bad decision at all to train up at least one copy of each unit you pulled to level 40. It helps a lot in game modes like arena assault, squad assault and chain challenge. 

Edited by mampfoid

57 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

/Edit: it's not a bad decision at all to train up at least one copy of each unit you pulled to level 40. It helps a lot in game modes like arena assault, squad assault and chain challenge. 

Yes, this. At least at the start. Later on, once you get enough 5*s, it becomes possible to switch to pretty much exclusively using them, and lower-star units become really only relevant for upgrading to 5* and for inheritance, but before that point, use whatever you have.

31 minutes ago, TsundereBug said:

Does this roll have any worth? (Also, super excited I got Corrin!!)

Screenshot_20170825-162458.png

Try them and see how well they perform for you.

32 minutes ago, TsundereBug said:

Spoiler

Pretty bad, unfortunately. Since you're just starting though, that Wrys will probably be a good help to you for a while as a healer with Rehabilitate. Corrin's pretty good, probably better than your Florina, while Fir and Beruka are both among the worst units of their colors. Granted I like Beruka character-wise, so I can at least recommend keeping her for now in case you need a bulky green unit to be a tank for something. She's really sturdy and can have her uses till you get better stuff. Fir might be useful right now, but you'll almost definitely replace her later. Shanna's worthwhile to keep for her Desperation 3 (at 4*) to pass on to somebody else. A lot of units really like having that skill.

Edited by Alkaid

47 minutes ago, TsundereBug said:

I suggest to check the natures of your new units as long as they are level 1 and keep track of them. You can check what is the boon and bane of your unit on the wiki:

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Main_Page

Some units are very usable from the start , others need some skill inheritance (like Beruka). If you like a unit character-wise, than it should be even more worth the investment. 

23 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I suggest to check the natures of your new units as long as they are level 1 and keep track of them. You can check what is the boon and bane of your unit on the wiki:

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Main_Page

Some units are very usable from the start , others need some skill inheritance (like Beruka). If you like a unit character-wise, than it should be even more worth the investment. 

Boon/bane aren't really something worth thinking about for low-level play. They really only become important to consider when you're putting serious feather upgrades and/or inheritance into a unit and checking how their performance will compare to other peoples' builds with that unit. At this stage, they're just a distraction: all that matters is what stats your unit has, not how it compares to the stats other versions of the same unit might have.

Your roster right now is pretty small, so I recommend getting as many units as possible and experiment with them in Arena Assault.

Here is a list of starter units and free units from Special Map's Hero Battle maps. I highly recommend getting them and keep at least one copy of each, since many strategy videos on YouTube use these neutral, vanilla units for Grand Hero Battles. The neutral nature is important since the AI may react differently according to their stats.

Spoiler

Sophia - Special Maps
Virion - Special Maps/Starter
Hana - Special Maps
Subaki - Special Maps
Donnel - Special Maps
Lissa - Special Maps
Gunter - Special Maps
Cecilia - Special Maps
Felicia - Special Maps
Wrys - Special Maps
Olivia - Special Maps
Stahl - Special Maps
Matthew - Starter
Raigh - Starter

Olivia, Donnel, and Cecilia are pretty good units. I would not bother training the others until you need them to copy a strategy from YouTube.

Here are other Heroes that were free at some point in the past. You may want to keep a neutral copy of these as well if you summon them.

Spoiler

Barst - Quest Reward
Catria - Quest Reward
Corrin - Login Reward
Draug - Quest Reward
Est - Quest Reward
Niles - Quest Reward
Palla - Quest Reward

Barst and Catria are pretty good. If you give Est a Brave Lance, she is very good too.

Edited by XRay

5 hours ago, Othin said:

Boon/bane aren't really something worth thinking about for low-level play. They really only become important to consider when you're putting serious feather upgrades and/or inheritance into a unit and checking how their performance will compare to other peoples' builds with that unit. At this stage, they're just a distraction: all that matters is what stats your unit has, not how it compares to the stats other versions of the same unit might have.

I agree to you that natures aren't important in sense of optimizing at that stage of play. But if you start to rely on a -ATK unit, that could lower the fun in playing a great deal, depending the unit (I have been puzzled why Cain, my sole red 5*, was so weak). Also if you send away a unit with a good nature for feathers or use it for SI, that could be something to regret later. 

15 minutes ago, TsundereBug said:

Ahh how do I get the big badges?

Screenshot_20170826-093333.png

/Edit: I'm loving this team so much. Sharena gives a lot of quest rewards and Corrin and Wrys are a great team to take down units.

They're rewards for the highest stratums in the Training Tower.

If you have short questions like this, the "Ask a FE Heroes Question" thread is where it belongs.  Also, please put your pics in spoiler tags.