Valkyria Chronicles: Gallian Crossfire mod - Temporary Ceasefire

Ertrick36

Finally got this game for my birthday! (Well, I got a PS4 for my birthday and then I forced my dad to take me to the store, then I bought it. But still)  Loving it so far. 

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Tuvy said:

Finally got this game for my birthday! (Well, I got a PS4 for my birthday and then I forced my dad to take me to the store, then I bought it. But still)  Loving it so far. 

Ey! Congrats! Glad you're enjoying it so far, just don't be worried when the game hands your butt to you due to random BS (it happens to all of us unless you read ahead and plan, but where's the fun in that?)

18 hours ago, Tuvy said:

That's nice!

The original game isn't quite as difficult as the modded version I'm playing, but it's still really great and fun.  It was what got me into strategy games; I even played it before getting Fire Emblem.  That you got it on a brand new PS4 and on your B-Day is even better.

Things might be getting delayed a little bit longer than usual.  The delay has nothing to do with the LP; it's just stuff in my real life.  Worst case scenario, I'll be gone for a week, though I don't think that'll be the case.

Until I return, let me leave everyone this random picture of Alicia with no context.

qhCyd9Y.png

22 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

That's nice!

The original game isn't quite as difficult as the modded version I'm playing, but it's still really great and fun.  It was what got me into strategy games; I even played it before getting Fire Emblem.  That you got it on a brand new PS4 and on your B-Day is even better.

On 9/18/2017 at 5:23 PM, LucarioGamer812 said:

Ey! Congrats! Glad you're enjoying it so far, just don't be worried when the game hands your butt to you due to random BS (it happens to all of us unless you read ahead and plan, but where's the fun in that?)

Thanks guys! So far I just reached chapter 7. Ted has been my MVP so far, basically soloing the last part of chapter 6. My favorite characters so far are: Montley, Oscar, Ted, Vyse, and Herbert. 

On 9/20/2017 at 9:04 AM, Tuvy said:

Thanks guys! So far I just reached chapter 7. Ted has been my MVP so far, basically soloing the last part of chapter 6. My favorite characters so far are: Montley, Oscar, Ted, Vyse, and Herbert. 

Well, now, that's certainly a brisk pace.  I definitely don't see you having any problems staying ahead of the LP.

After the latest chapter I've done, I unceremoniously booted Ted for some reason, but I think I'll bring him back immediately and replace a different scout who I deem unnecessary for the time being, like Musaad, whose trench potentials aren't very useful for quite a while after the part I've finished.  After a certain chapter, I'll probably boot Susie as well, since she's a liability with that awful potential and a lack of potentials that really make her stand out from the others.  Plus, I could do with using more characters I'm relatively unfamiliar with.

I didn't mention this in my assessment, but I think Ted has an extremely useful scout utility with the Nocturnal battle potential, which allows him to see as good at night as he does in the daytime.  That's a very valuable potential for night ops specifically because it's normally very difficult to spot enemies in the night time.  And it's only shared by Aika, Freesia, and Ramona, only two of whom are actually good with hardly any setbacks/useless potentials.  I could do with at least one good nocturnal scout, and right now it'd be either Freesia or Ted.  As of right now, I have yet to recruit a scout with the Nocturnal potential aside from Ted.

Speaking of character considerations, I'm also a bit torn between whether I want to keep Emile or replace him with Oscar (who still has yet to show up).  Aside from that, my snipers are pretty locked in place.  I'd also like to ask whether people prefer Audrey or Yoko.  Both are fairly useful, so it more comes down to preference.  I like Yoko, but I also would like to see more of what Audrey is like.

And a little update on that "real life" issue.  It did wind up being the "worst case scenario", but I don't think I need to delay the LP for it quite as long as I implied.  I'd rather not go into details (at least not in this thread), but rest assured that I think I'll be good to start back up tomorrow.

On 9/17/2017 at 2:14 PM, Ertrick36 said:

Yeah, "great things" like subjugating your fellow farm animals and becoming one with the human oppressors!

You know this is a (Japanese) videogame when your commanding officer is perfectly fine with a bunch of youngsters recruiting pigs into their ranks and having a laugh. I think in the real world Cpt. Varrot would give them bit of a... Full Metal Jacket treatment before shooting and later eating Hans. LMAO

Oh wow, really?  That was a quick report, wasn't it?

Nah. Welkin learned that during uni. If you learn ONE thing during uni, it is how to cheat and write half-assed reports ;D

On 9/18/2017 at 8:31 AM, Ertrick36 said:
Spoiler

Did you know that there's an easy cheese strat for that mission that allows you to beat it in one turn?

Spoiler

Wow. I know you can beat it quickly but I had no idea about that! I buffed Alicia as usual and had her run up the stairs while keeping up my smoke screen. The two then had a Valkyria b-slap inside a smoke cloud and Alicia won. Good to know!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

"and then she'd... Ah, hah, ha!"
No offense Alicia but with your previous expression a bit above that... She was probably thinking something uh, yeah.
qhCyd9Y.png

On 9/18/2017 at 8:31 AM, Ertrick36 said:

Wavy shall continue using his patented Boy Scout Grenades

He kinda looks like Gordon Freeman tbh. Apologies it you actually noted that previously.

Man, so many useful scouts. I usually just buffed Alicia or Freesia and done. Susie was there to be sacrificed later >:)
Although I remember having Ted once and he was good as well. I guess we said this a million times but in vanilla scouts were a little bit too OP while lancers were terrible. Alas.
Heck! You could make a good use of engineers on some maps...

8 hours ago, MadJak91 said:

You know this is a (Japanese) videogame when your commanding officer is perfectly fine with a bunch of youngsters recruiting pigs into their ranks and having a laugh. I think in the real world Cpt. Varrot would give them bit of a... Full Metal Jacket treatment before shooting and later eating Hans. LMAO

Well now, I guess Varrot is Gunnery Sergeant Hartman.

She'll probably kill it off-screen and eat it there.  That is, unless she finds herself standing on a rope bridge above the Bottomless Canyon face to face with him.

Nah. Welkin learned that during uni. If you learn ONE thing during uni, it is how to cheat and write half-assed reports ;D

That only makes this scene:

qVuHJXe.pngyYBgr67.png

all that much worse.  It's a real wonder why Welkin is such a successful lieutenant.  At least VC2 didn't pretend that the protagonist was all that qualified.

Spoiler

Welks is still a better protag.

I sorta wish Ellet also learned to cheat in this manner; that way, I wouldn't have to make Reports their own separate thing.

Reveal hidden contents

Wow. I know you can beat it quickly but I had no idea about that! I buffed Alicia as usual and had her run up the stairs while keeping up my smoke screen. The two then had a Valkyria b-slap inside a smoke cloud and Alicia won. Good to know!

Spoiler

There are a few ways you can cheese that level thanks to the objective simply being "defeat Selvaria".  You can have Double Movement scouts rush her, you can snipe her from a smoke screen, have a good shocktrooper fire at her with Ruhm, or snipe her with the Shamrock, all methods of which would be accompanied with you loading your units up with buffing orders, primarily those that awaken potentials easier and those that boost offensive stats.

The sniping methods mostly revolve around cheesing the dodge mechanics.  Selvaria will dodge anyone she can see and is facing.  You can either have a scout flank and distract her so that she won't be facing the rest of the squad, or the smoke can "hide" your sight line to her so that the game will treat it as if you're just shooting at nothing when you're really shooting directly at her.

He kinda looks like Gordon Freeman tbh. Apologies it you actually noted that previously.

No I didn't...

Damn, I'm getting so much rich L O R E out of all of this.  And it works since Isara - another Darcsen - is an agent working under the same organization as Freeman.  Maybe she's the G-Woman, an ancestor of the G-man, and Wavy is the ancestor of Gordon Freeman.

9 hours ago, MadJak91 said:

Man, so many useful scouts. I usually just buffed Alicia or Freesia and done. Susie was there to be sacrificed later >:)
Although I remember having Ted once and he was good as well. I guess we said this a million times but in vanilla scouts were a little bit too OP while lancers were terrible. Alas.
Heck! You could make a good use of engineers on some maps...

Please stop mentioning the sacrifice of Susie.  I'm trying to go for a no deaths run...

Spoiler

And... and I've got... urges...

Spoiler

oa8d5Nb.png

Urges to kill!

There used to be so many useful scouts until this mod.  With scouts scaled back in effectiveness, their usefulness now more depends on their mobility and ability to spot enemies.  Alicia is somewhat of an exception to this rule due to the later-game potentials she acquires.  They'll become more useful once I get access to grenade launchers, which I think usually come around Chapter 10.

This time around, shocktroopers are the most reliable anti-infantry "charge in" units, while the lancers are more useful anti-tank units who can also acquire effective anti-squad weapons.  You'll see just how much more useful lancers are in the next chapter, I feel.  I run one all the way across a desert plain, totally wrecking tanks, with only the assistance of an engineer.

So I promised a continuation of the LP today, and a continuation you shall get RGaYS2c.png

Chapter 6-1: Desert Melons and Imperians (Intro)

Spoiler

zgOUsql.png

So after Hans and Alicia's assassination attempt on Welks, Varrot decides to punish the team as a whole for their misconduct.

And that is by sending them out to the same place that the enemy commander is, which just so happens to be a desolate wasteland with no water or soil for farming.

How quaint.

At least she didn't make Hans eat some treats while watching everyone else do push-ups.

FflaZ7C.png

So here we are in Swiss Cheese Land, home of the rocks with holes and-

to8UQ7Q.png

roaming Gallian tanks?

Don't remember if I mentioned this, but this here's a Gallian Light Tank.  It makes plenty of appearances in cutscenes, but aside from a heavily modified one we'll see later, there's only one Gallian Light Tank we'll actually see outside of cutscenes throughout the entire game.

So a bunch more of these tanks come rushing down, chasing dust and sands.  Meanwhile...

UUyo2CQ.pngnGhmOik.png

'Licia works to fulfill her role as a scout, and...

5zzJkla.png

Lardo and Rosie O'Donnel eat melons?

Gee, that's one hell of a place for a picnic, guys.

Also, Ellet continues to pursue us.  I guess at this point, no one cares if she gets her head blown off anymore.  Maybe Varrot knew she'd be a liability to the platoon.

yOqp64X.pngkUCGJs9.png

I'll say.

This place looks like it's literally made out of Swiss cheese.  I'm surprised there aren't giant, mutated mice running around along these planes.

IFc1tjo.png

Was it a city of mice and men?

fAy1lSM.png

If you replaced "desert" with "dessert" in that sentence, that wouldn't sound so bad.

UOCVPLY.pngbhKPDXE.png

Rosie A N G E R I L Y spits out a melon seed...

nwcAiFg.png

And goes into racist aunt mode yet again.

ed14GEm.png

GYGN7C4.png

Yeah, you know, dark arts...

such as nukes.

Oppenheimer and Einstein were black mages all along.

oydb9ay.png

Seriously...

Unless you were literally a god or were an ancient sorcerer (possibly even a lich), you couldn't possibly hope to come up with a spell with enough spread to destroy a whole city...

That was a joke...

I was being condescending...

Us9IPME.png

Rosie.

o4KxGtd.png

1LFCSxy.png

Damn, Ellet just totally roasting Rosie's opinion over here!

tfgMVYn.png

Rosie: 0

Darcsens/advocates: 2

wgaCqQi.pngrEko3dH.png

That's... really, really stupid logic.

They had been working in ragnite mines ever since being subjugated after the calamity.  This isn't a secret; everyone knows that after the calamity, Darcsens were persecuted and made to work in mines.

By Rosie's logic, they must've been working in shitty dank mines under dangerous conditions of their own accord, which is mind-boggling in its improbability and idiocy.  Not to mention how dumb the term "Darcseny" sounds.

In other words, yes, Rosie, I'm calling you stupid now.

Rosie: 0

Darcsens/advocates: 3

3kzjaA3.png

Largo cuts in to ask the important question...

Why the hell are we even here???

EYRnhmW.pngb0PEcZ9.png

In case you had any doubts that Varrot was sending us to our deaths, you heard it here first.

wcA1Vog.png

Gee, thanks Varrot.  Also, only Isara has the authority to issue the "All Units Die" Order.

n1A8359.png

3omgPDO.png

Fu-

Wh-

You-

Imperians???

XkD69oO.png

And she's sticking with it!

This is the only time they're referred to as "Imperians", if I recall correctly.  Every other time, it's either "Imps" or "Imperials".

Rosie, what the hell have you been smoking?

D4mArou.pngjv25qOl.png

What you didn't see in this scene: Largo nodding like a dumb child.

Gee, I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that there's a huge ancient Valkyrur building that could contain invaluable knowledge and power.

Nope.  Not at all.

AXxpBUQ.png

Alicia, please!  We haven't even started the combat segment!

Ellet hasn't even removed herself from the battlefield yet!

9LikZjQ.pngGvyKz5J.png

Oh...

Wait...

HANVhBQ.png

There are tanks and shit on the field while Ellet's just sitting on our tank???

dVjpxv9.png

Tanks at 0-4-0 and...

distance 800...

3omgPDO.png

???

I think "800" is in, like, yards or meters.  Hell if I know what "0-4-0" means.  Probably direction, but I'm more familiar with compass or clock directions.

Whatever, I don't need to know what it means.

3yxeEEs.png

Because... they're so much more formidable?

Spoiler

DTwJkrX.png24DesTH.pnggiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

So scary.

asHhHQD.png

In any event, it looks like we're about to see just how well Varrot's plan to work the 7th Platoon to the bone plays out.

djC1snp.png

I think Largo should be the protagonist.

He feels more like an extension of myself than Welkin.

I'm just as pumped to MURDER these Imps as he is.  Which is a shame, 'cuz I'm never gonna use him.

w3BYpH3.png

Ellet, get the fuck out of here; you aren't part of the platoon.

Spoiler

1LFCSxy.png

> Ellet uses "NUDES" on the enemy forces

> The enemy becomes CONFUSED and loses 5 CPs

> It's SUPER EFFECTIVE

Meanwhile...

TBwvAvJ.png

Jack Skeleton broods about some crap...

MrKvlPC.png

And Jaeger talks smack about his appearance.

qGNZBqc.png

Gregor don't got time for your shit, Jaeger.  He has no interest in failures like you.

xtcDpFR.png

I mean... there isn't a need, but do you really think that this guy looks like the type of dude who has room for compassion in his heart?

HrCLu9A.png

Is...

Is he about to bad-talk his own commander?

Damn, I was right; Maximilian really is disrespected.  Not even his own officers like him!  Aside from big titty albino.

xwG79I6.png

Because...

That's all you need to know!

rppBF4g.png

Huh, gee...

It probably has something to do with the Valkyrur... because he took Selvaria there with him?

And it just so happens that there actually is a structure built by ancient Valkyrur.

What could this imply, you guys?

Dq8GuCp.png

I actually sort of agree.

He also needs to not be so stupid.

Then again... well, I'll say it later.

TjnKU1h.png

Not a "fascination"; more of a fixation.

Do either of these men realize just how far his obsession actually extends?  I mean, yes, Gregor did say he places to much stock in the Valkyrur, but even that doesn't capture the lengths he's willing to go to in order to properly harness it himself.

DPDtqA4.png

And if we believe history as it's told, then he'd be 100% correct.  They're supposedly capable of defeating legions of people who create nuke magic from ragnite.

Though if you discount that... then who the hell knows?

JUYTjB9.png

So yeah, I don't think Gregor cares much for Maximilian himself.  Which makes perfect sense, since Maximilian's the least-liked prince of the Empire.  I imagine that the only people capable of garnering his respect are troops who remain unflinchingly loyal to him, nobility who prove their worth to the Empire, and the Emperor himself.

Literally the only person who actually does like Maximilian is Selvaria.

gz0f1pe.png

Yeah, unless you make stupid mistakes or get too ambitious.

There's only a finite distance superior strength can take you in life.  You can play beach bully all you want, but eventually someone's gonna kick sand in your eyes and you'll end up being subject to their mercy.  And trust me, if you were a huge dick to them, they're not gonna be so inclined to extend mercy to you.

In other words, Maximilian better have his ducks in a row or he'll get curb-stomped into oblivion, 'cuz no one likes him except Selvaria.

yt5tgz5.pngGcVI7B4.png

Um...

I'm sorry, I actually really do like Jaeger, but I can't help but give him some shit.

If Maximilian actually manages to fail his mission, he will certainly not return to the court with much clout at all.

And the more he takes chances in this war, the more likely he is to lose it.

Every pointless excursion he takes is another opportunity for the Grand Exalt to fuck his forces up.

anv5dlR.png

XRmT24j.png

Ho ho ho, yes you certainly will...

With their tails between their legs, and blood pouring from their gaping wounds!

But you'll have to wait...

until next time!

qhCyd9Y.png

Hey glad to see this is back up and glad you were able to get things settled enough to continue. Anyways only 2-3 more chapters before I can share the image. Anyways on my playthrough just got through Ch 16, with a perfect A rank (and by perfect I mean I finally got the medal where no-one dies or retreats in a level after ch 10.) heck I was so good I was even ahead of the guide I was using by almost two turns even with me making a mistake of where to send Dallas.

On 9/22/2017 at 4:58 PM, LucarioGamer812 said:

Anyways on my playthrough just got through Ch 16, with a perfect A rank (and by perfect I mean I finally got the medal where no-one dies or retreats in a level after ch 10.) heck I was so good I was even ahead of the guide I was using by almost two turns even with me making a mistake of where to send Dallas.

Spoiler

I think I might have had slight troubles with 16, but it's another one of those chapters that's mostly about waiting and setting traps.  I'm pretty sure if you let anyone get ran over by that thing, they'll just straight up die, so it's pretty much mandatory you ensure no one dies, even if it's by regular gunfire or mines; you don't want to spend a CP sending a scout or engineer back to recover them and possibly putting them in harm's way.

17 and both parts of 18 are what will really challenge you in the end, particularly if you want an A rank.  I had a particularly rough time with 17.  Just like Piccolo in DBZ.

Oboro is officially confirmed to be in FE Warriors!

siPbFRK.png

I don't know about any of you, but I'm hype as hell, regardless of whether she's actually playable or not.  How about I celebrate by putting out another part for this LP?

The next portion of this LP will be a bit of a doozy.  The Big Cheese desert is... well, big.  Oh, and remember how enemy snipers can now use interception fire?  That'll be fun to deal with here...

Chapter 6-2: These Stupid Sniper Bitches Couldn't Make I More Deader; Flowers for Jane (Gameplay)

Spoiler

Gonna do the usual "one turn per post" deal.

Also shit, now giphy's put a goddamn limit on the amount of time a gif can last.  Good thing most are around four seconds long anyway.

LiRwgZb.pngiuY4dei.pngGRLMcEL.png

So basically, our job is to run across a long, wide desert to capture the enemy base.  This map doesn't demonstrate it in the best possible way, but that base camp is pretty far away from us.

TWNEY5t.png

But these ruins will only extend as far as about a third of the way up north; the rest is a barren wasteland with the occasional trenches.

You see that square just a little bit north and to the east from the enemy line?  That's the last significant piece of ruin we'll come upon; after that, there are only bits and pieces of ruin scattered about.

But we'll need every little piece of cover we can get.  Why?  Well, there are a couple of reasons.  You'll see soon enough.

v9R3SiC.png

Also, while snipers might be just a little helpful in the vanilla game, they're basically mandatory in this modded version.

We'll need them to assist with moving forward to capture the first enemy camp at the square I mentioned, and then we'll need them to lay down some suppressing fire on the enemy base camp.

With that said, lancers are also kind of mandatory if you want to get a good rank, at least if you don't intend to save scum.

IqXuD70.png

Usual objectives.

lcpSpGt.png

For this mission, we'll be initially fielding:

• Musaad
  • Edy
  • Jane
  • Jann
  • Homer
  • Nadine
  • Emile

And to spoil things, Catherine will later join as well as the outpost sniper once I capture the first base, hence why I left an extra space open.

This map really tests you on how well you can utilize the various classes with the mod installed.  You'll need to be efficient with how you use all the classes.  Take advantage of the scout's ability to cover a lot of ground, the shocktrooper's ability to take down infantry and charge into enemy fire, the lancer's ability to take down tanks without needing to waste as many CPs, the engineer's ability to resupply and use multiple grenades, and the sniper's range and deadly accuracy.

Rest assured, pretty much all of these units will see at least some action.

BVEFt50.png

Some encouraging words from Welkin "Desert Region Welks" Gunther.

Well, I mean they aren't encouraging in and of themselves, but the way he delivers them and animates himself while giving orders is inspiring, isn't it?  I know you can't really see or hear either of these demonstrated, but goddammit, he's an inspiration!

qu05iTc.png

Alicia... why do you always seem to look so silly to me?

And I do agree; the holes in those ruins and rocks are extremely unusual.  It's almost like there wasn't a nuclear explosion so much as an actual battle fought with... mortar/tank shells about 20-200 millimeters in caliber or some other weapon capable of the same amount of destruction.

mHtO6TL.pngETWCDfU.png

Alicia's gesture in the second pic is one of the most anime gestures I've ever seen in this game.

Once again, the power of nukes is quite frightening.

Whether you believe in the Darcsen Calamity or not, you can't deny that something happened here.  Holes like the ones we see here aren't naturally occurring, and we know for certain that they didn't come from the battles in the first Europan War.

These sands hide a tale of great tragedy, compounded by countless scorched deaths, tears, and overwhelming power.  This desert was likely a central hub for ancient civilization, and now it's reduced to nothingness.  It's all quite sobering

3ks6ElY.png

And here we see the first Rosie reaction pic.  I don't know what it'd be used for, but I find it mildly amusing, and that's really the only criteria it needs to fulfill to become a reaction pic.

Spoiler

Probably just an alternate to this:

yfeHiZe.png

Anyway, we covered this.  Another thing; quite a few rock walls are conveniently located right in front of the trenches, so we could combine them to create the ultimate cover.

Also, what are you doing here, Rosie?  I didn't even field you.

So what's the deal with this map anyway?  You'll find out soon enough.

MzUph0I.png

So immediately there's a sleuth of shocktroopers and lancers right in front of us.  This poses a problem, which is then compounded by another problem...

• If more than one lancer is alive, the Edelweiss will get destroyed.
  • We could try to use shocktroopers to clear them out, but they'll be met by a hailstorm of fire that will lend to their quick demises.
  • And on top of that all, if the Edelweiss goes far enough forward, there are sniper tanks that'll take potshots at it.

This isn't the main problem with this map, however.  I'll get to that in a minute.

1SrTFAN.png

First, we're gonna move Tsundere Tiny Mouf forward.  If you pay close attention to this pic, you might see an enemy sniper to our 1 o'clock.  He isn't particularly threatening to Edy right now.

Also, now you'll get to see these holey rocks and ruins better.  Definitely not natural.

giphy.gif

I take Edy into the trenches to clear out some pests.

Like a mouse hunting other mice.

bv1nzWk.png

I run her through is weird canyon, but she stops somewhere in the middle for now...

voaZc2m.png

Next, I try to mobilize Emile, but...

rhUqukb.png

There's yet another asshole sniper I have to deal with in this chapter.  And he wants to be the bassist in Nadine's new band.

So here's the big issue with this map, and why people constantly griped about snipers being "too OP" with the mod.  I already covered the fact that they're capable of interception fire, and I believe I also made it known that they can pretty much kill anyone with just two shots.

But there is no place that better demonstrates how big of assholes these guys can be than this chapter.  There are a few big factors that make them particularly annoying:

• There are a ton of wide open spaces on this map, making you an easier target.
  • Along with the two already present on the map, the enemy reinforcements that come in from the enemy base camp will all be snipers, and they call one every turn.
  • There's almost always a lot of range between you and them, so the only effective way to deal with them is to use your disgustingly inferior snipers against them.

This is before it's even possible to have interception rifles too, so basically your snipers will mostly just be focusing on counter-sniping and won't be of much use elsewhere.

giphy.gif

Anyway, I keel da dude.

giphy.gif

And another...

giphy.gif

'Nother one.  This was actually an impressive shot; make sure to give Emile a pat on the back and tell him he did a good job if you happen to see him.

vymtjbu.png

A better view of the map as far as we're able to see.  Note that the two south-most shocktroopers are now dead.  Emile's snipes were important steps in ensuring safe passage for us to pursue the enemy.

There's also a couple other lancers we can't see, but as long as we play smart, we should be able to get them all.

o5U6Qk9.png

So without further ado, let's send this mild-mannered florist to paint some happy little clouds...

of BLOOD!

Jane's lancer-killer potentials make her the best candidate for dealing with these guys.  They're a huge pain in the ass.  And hopefully she won't die this time.

wXc1yM0.png

Like I said, there's about two other lancers that you couldn't see; one here and another one hiding behind the building that the enemy sniper was on.

And we have to kill at least three of them.

Let's rock!

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

"Next," Jane says, eagerly waiting for more blood to come.

Spoiler

Meanwhile, I'm like:

"Eh, step right up, come on you know..."

Yes, this is the kind of content I watch when I'm not working on this LP, and it's the kind of stuff that I spontaneously think about at random times like this.  Time to do Mechrio time, Imps.

MObTzR1.png

This fuggin' guy, though...

And this was just one shocktrooper.  Imagine if I left the other guys alive.  The result is about fifteen minutes of frustration.

giphy.gif

Killing him so I can at least have Jane kill the lancers in peace.

giphy.gif

And this asshat will die too.

C2qxbMm.png

There's still two left... but I don't know if Jane can kill them by herself.

AArdMss.png

So let's enlist the aid of Mister Molerat.  I'm sure with his trench digging powers, he could take at least one of them down.

Azhd0fI.png

On second thought...

c64ywwM.png

This is really challenging.  How the hell am I supposed to be able to take down these lancers?

XxVTQug.png

Well... maybe there's a chance that Jane will kill/distract one of them.  That's all I need.  It's a slim chance, but it's better than none!

q6tUIY3.png

So the first thing the enemy does is requests reinforcements.

Fortunately, they only do so with their middle camp.  However, once I claim that camp, I'm pretty sure the base camp's sniper parade will start in full swing.

hhm4GCK.png

Next, this sniper runs around like an idiot, until...

Well...

They say a picture speaks a thousand words.  So how about a series of moving pictures?

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

HANVhBQ.png

HOW?????!!!!!

For one thing, I guess Jane's doing an excellent job with her main mission of "kill all Imps" 'cuz she's now Public Enemy #1!

Secondly, when did Jane become Lightning Lobster from FE Fates?

Thirdly, this is exactly like one of those moments in Fire Emblem where you have a unit with, like, one HP dodge-tank everything.

In summation, Jane is a vengeful GOD.  And I'm now actually terrified of her.

XxzXrEn.png

2VsLw9a.png

And that was all the enemy had in 'em.  Seriously, they drained all but one CP trying to kill Jane.

If that isn't the most pathetic use of a turn, I don't know what is.

So by pure luck, I made it to the second turn!  And somehow, no one died!  If that isn't a great turn for me, I don't know what is.

See you all next time when I actually capture the first camp and prepare to press the troops through a mostly flat desert plain.

Edited by Ertrick36

Oh wow, I've been gone for a week?  Dang, sorry about that.  There was no particular reason for it.

Though coincidentally, I've been wrestling with a certain program I use in the process of creating gifs out of the scenes I record in the game, and I've come upon a roadblock.  The issue shows up at about a third of the way through this part, and until I figure out why this program is being a jackass to me, those scenes will just be in boring old normal screenshots like everything else.  I don't want to delay this any further just so that I can upload gifs.

Anyway, let's continue this slog of a chapter.

Chapter 6-3: Edy's Horror Show (Gameplay)

Spoiler

XxzXrEn.png

Where we last left off:

• Edy ran off to buy a new makeup kit for her next big act
  • Emile was a 2-1337-4-U sniper in spite of a gaping wound that will probably amount to him losing a few gallons of blood, making him even more sickly if not outright dead
  • Musaad did nothing of value
  • We found out 6 ways to make Imperials HATE you (check out the hip new method for doing this in the previous post)
  • Jane was a dodge-tanking MONSTER who you should actually be afraid of
  • Nadine, Homer, Jann, and Welkin started a band so that they could have an excuse to be good-for-nothing freeloaders (that scene was exclusive to the extended cut)
  • Jane is probably the ancestor of Charlie Day

So without further delay, let's get started.

9R6RxM6.png

This is what the enemy situation looks like...

Vc6bacT.png

and a little farther up ahead...

We can barely see anything up ahead thanks to a huge rock formation sitting right along the western side of the map.  There's, like, three or four tanks patrolling this area, along with a couple of shocktroopers, and a certain Ace who's fixin' to just hide for now.

Right, so this turn will present us with a few important tasks.

• First, we should route the enemy in the sector of the map we're currently in; those lancers make things uncomfortable, Jane is at risk of dying if so much as a fly slaps her
  • Capture the enemy camp and establish a defending force there
  • After the camp is captured, deploy a sniper there to watch the enemy base and conduct counter sniper operations
  • Begin the push towards the enemy base camp

And believe me when I say we'll get all of that done.  I don't want to spend another minute in this goddamn desert for giant lab rats.

First thing's first...

Gh1cm9Z.png

Heel tim...

He does it!

Ufx19vo.png

Resupply the tank (for some reason)...

ZIfo9ci.png

And opt not to retreat.

yfeHiZe.png

This offers me no advantage whatsoever because we already have Nadine fulfilling the role of engineer here.

ta39HIw.png

Regardless, Emile's all souped up and ready to roll, just like a certain cinnamon roll from Valentia.

giphy.gif

e6RsMPk.png

This sucks...

Well, since our friendly neighborhood sniper couldn't do the job...

9Yaj9ld.png

Let's get Monsieur "Bug in a Rug" Mayfield to give that guy a little bit of the... "Coup de la Derriere".

FhmP1ZX.png

I took, like, two years of French in high school, and it's really rusty.

MWfPFA7.png

Hello, Tsundere Tiny Mouf.

zGCqyzi.png

I'll have him aim for the body 'cuz at this point, I don't want to save-scum just so he can hit the damn guy.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

Rest In Piss.

No really, he says that.

Well, close enough, anyway... the last word doesn't have the "iss" part in it, though.

TdyNp6M.png

Holy shit, he's Sonic the Hedgehog!

Quick, Sonic, get to the camp!

bBU8kkc.png

b3QZGp7.jpg

So goddamn close, though.

ZoL7hU8.png

Let's get the real hero over there to secure the stupid flag.

GX7IJER.png

Excuse me, boyo.

iBEgsdR.png

Good...

aRD3ixw.png

cqdUUoO.png

Fuck.

ByHK0VN.png

Just throw the grenade at the mine...

SJIngft.png

Obviously, it does nothing.

Because I guess these mines don't get set off from outer explosions.  These clever Imps made mines that trigger only when weight is applied to them.  If only they could make it so that they explode as soon as you step on them, rather than after you step off of them.

ZuzaFbs.png

Screw it!  Go another turn, Edy!

Nothing better captures how stupid this all is than this shot of Edy running into a wall.

gbkqaBP.png

Alright... time to get this right.

giphy.gif

This is an-

2BPaLPA.png

HERE'S EDY!

giphy.gif

Wait- wait a minute!

Our benevolent leader, Corporal Superior Cold Blooded Overachieving Worldwide Tank Driving Genocidal Fast-Thinking Code-Talker the Post Apocalyptic Time Travelling Grand Exalt of Ylisse, Europa, Black Mesa, and Magvel, Daedric Prince of MADNESS and Cheese Driven G-Approved Interdimensional Agent of the Porcavian Pigs and Wildwoods, was supposed to issue an order here!

She was gonna declare cheese for everyone.

Goddammit, Edy, quite hogging the spotlight.  Next thing you know, she'll bring Tom Phan along to do a duet.  Then Luigi will have to kill her with dabbing, and a rabbid dressed as Peach will need to take selfies with Mizz Stijnen...

This is turning into a real mess.

Spoiler

uhae5mf.png

p5G1Sxk.png

Anyway, Edy's actions here gave us the foothold we need to push further into the desert.

ZDLEyAY.png

Just a little update on our CP situation.

We've got a nice helpful sum of CPs left.

10uRzUL.png

Alright, Nadine, let's get you out of your mother's garage and onto the battlefield to do something actually valuable.

wQdYMHU.png

Oh, this oughta be a sinch, right?

qnlvTrp.png

Silver-lining...  Uh...

Nadine's hair has nice physics?  It really is fairly pretty hair; I genuinely don't understand how their hair can be seen as ugly or gross.

Also, yes, this is around the point I started having issues with gifs.

2ZNk4bY.png

Let's summon former Russian Tsar, Catherine the Great.  And this time, I'm not expecting her to show up this turn; I know what I'm doing now.

oWbHn4H.png

Heel Tim Reloaded...

She's back!

vJIQbZH.png

And take cover behind...

Two flimsy pieces of brick wall.

NCSXbwz.png

I don't see how this is supposed to offer Nadine protection against tank shells.

Now let's finally kill these goddamn lancers.

uz0asKR.png

If there's anything I've learned from Valkyria Chronicles, it's that if you wanna kill a dude for sure, you gotta shoot him in the toes because then he won't dodge you like a scumbag.

aU6K7PK.png

Flawless logic.

7FRuSOZ.png

Can't really do it with this scum, though.

2qvw9yo.png

But fuck him anyway.

KMx8zpB.png

What you aren't seeing: some asshole shocktrooper slimming down some of Jane's health.

What you are seeing: two young ladies huddling behind this lousy cover, hoping that it'll somehow be enough to stop an enemy tank from hurting them.

It's also a scene that would probably make Texas or Soleil from FE Fates redder than a tomato.

JBLtu3B.png

Let's see what these bitches do.

yQ9soLG.png

d5SILCv.png

ZEZiyqI.png

Yeah, you ain't feeling so superior now, are you, fuggin' Imp bitches.

So yeah, if you capture an enemy camp while it's awaiting reinforcements, they obviously get canceled.  Isara sends them to reinforcement purgatory.

JnCBEO5.png

O1wQbSF.png

They're requesting snipers, btw.  And yes, I'm going to kill every single one that spawns.  I did tell you that I was on a mission to kill every sniper in the game, didn't I?

Next...

TaHBRV4.png

FUCC

What is wrong with these goddamn tanks?!

By the way, the bastard didn't actually hit Edy; he hit the sandbags in front of her.

NPUZg9X.png

OH MY GODDAMN-

You know what's happening here, right?

qcBHucl.png

Edy's usurped Jane's title of "Public Enemy Number 1" of the Empire!

These tanks want to bring her down!

Well, at least all eyes are on her now, right?

J5PB3XC.png

And that was it!

Now every turn after this one is gonna revolve around us slogging through the desert.  It is not even remotely glamorous, but they say there's an oasis in every desert...

or at least that's what Waluigi the Genie tells me.

Edited by Ertrick36

Lol Edy putting in work I see. Glad to see this back though weird concerning the gifs not working (I'm not experienced with that so sadly I'm no help) Oh gods I remember on this level I took forever to get halfway and there was like 10 snipers I was barely holding off with 2 shocktroopers. The only reason I actually beat this level was due to extreme flanking on the right by Alicia and I think it was Edy or may have been Aisha, basically those two flanked the whole right side and captured the base from behind by knocking enemies away from the base with grenades (hey it worked and was my first real cheese in the game)

Urgh... I was lagging behind but that is corrected now.

On 10/3/2017 at 10:51 PM, Ertrick36 said:

HERE'S EDY!

She... looks like a failed pop-star there. I am not sure why I am getting those vibes...

If there's anything I've learned from Valkyria Chronicles, it's that if you wanna kill a dude for sure, you gotta shoot him in the toes

Pff! I was doing that since Half-Life! Peek just enough to see a soldier's boot and unload both barrels of your shotgun into it. Dead soldier. Time tested method!! Kids these days are all about their K/D and headshots!

You know what's happening here, right?

Uh... I inspected the screen and it is Edy under heavy fire from an Imperial orbital canon? That is how it looks like. Gregor was right. The Imperial military knows their stuff!

On 10/4/2017 at 0:01 AM, LucarioGamer812 said:

hey it worked and was my first real cheese in the game

Yup! And this is the mission when I discovered you can send a buffed-up scout up north during a sandstorm and they will take care of the tanks there. Then you just storm the north base with a shocktrooper possibly backed up by a sniper. Good times.
Then the next mission kicked my sorry ass.....

CUC: +0.5 -> 0

Well I'm on chapter 18 now so MAJOR SPOILERS

Spoiler

Just, just how the heck is this game possible anymore, I read up on the strats but just saying as first glance it seems way impossible, also Ertrick you lied, Martha and her baby are seen again. The only thing keeping me going as I grind to get good enough is this inspiring music, We Are the 7th Platoon, freaking masterpiece here

Sorry for more delays.  I've been sorta beating back a developing cold with shots of Nyquil, so my nights and mornings have been getting shorter.  It's not the sole contributor to the delays, but it certainly doesn't help.

G91gM9j.png

I'll put out the next part tomorrow, but I'll at least reply to some comments right now.

On 10/3/2017 at 4:01 PM, LucarioGamer812 said:

Lol Edy putting in work I see. Glad to see this back though weird concerning the gifs not working (I'm not experienced with that so sadly I'm no help) Oh gods I remember on this level I took forever to get halfway and there was like 10 snipers I was barely holding off with 2 shocktroopers. The only reason I actually beat this level was due to extreme flanking on the right by Alicia and I think it was Edy or may have been Aisha, basically those two flanked the whole right side and captured the base from behind by knocking enemies away from the base with grenades (hey it worked and was my first real cheese in the game)

Gifs do work, but what I do usually is I cut certain bits out of a video I record and put those smaller videos into giphy.  The video editing program I'm using (which is outdated, honestly, but it's the only reliable program I know of that's free) is having issues; I likely just need to restart my computer because I tend to leave it on a lot of the time, just putting it into sleep mode mostly.  A responsible PC owner, I am not.

I pretty much always flank to the east.  It's the path of least resistance to get you all the way to the end of the map.  And anything to get you to capture the camp ASAP, since doing anything else doesn't really matter in the end.

9 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

Well I'm on chapter 18 now so MAJOR SPOILERS

Hide contents

Just, just how the heck is this game possible anymore, I read up on the strats but just saying as first glance it seems way impossible, also Ertrick you lied, Martha and her baby are seen again. The only thing keeping me going as I grind to get good enough is this inspiring music, We Are the 7th Platoon, freaking masterpiece here

Spoiler

I don't really remember much about how things turn out for the minor NPCs.  I know Martha and her kid don't have much of a presence throughout most of the story, though.

I'm assuming you're only on the first part of 18, right?  It's a bit of a complicated op, though it can be a one-turn deal with the right set up, proper strats, and some luck.  It'd be most ideal for you to beat it within five turns, otherwise you risk getting swarmed.  I don't know what the guide you're reading is telling you, but the ideal thing to do is only use lancers with Ultimate Anti-Armor to destroy the Valkof, while you ensure that no enemy lancers can shoot the Edelweiss's radiator.  And your biggest concern with the turrets on the Marmota are the anti-tank turrets; the gattling turrets are mostly an annoyance.

The second part of 18 will definitely revolve around cheese strats.  That, and your typical "destroy the generators to weaken the enemy" type of stuff.  Just remember the smoke that Isara made; it may very well save your life in that battle.  And win you extra cheese.

awX5bZ1.png

On 10/6/2017 at 1:33 AM, MadJak91 said:

Urgh... I was lagging behind but that is corrected now.

She... looks like a failed pop-star there. I am not sure why I am getting those vibes...

Pff! I was doing that since Half-Life! Peek just enough to see a soldier's boot and unload both barrels of your shotgun into it. Dead soldier. Time tested method!! Kids these days are all about their K/D and headshots!

Uh... I inspected the screen and it is Edy under heavy fire from an Imperial orbital canon? That is how it looks like. Gregor was right. The Imperial military knows their stuff!

Yup! And this is the mission when I discovered you can send a buffed-up scout up north during a sandstorm and they will take care of the tanks there. Then you just storm the north base with a shocktrooper possibly backed up by a sniper. Good times.

Then the next mission kicked my sorry ass.....

- Don't worry; take all the time you want.  I actually introduced this LP to at least one friend of mine, and they only just started recently from what I hear.  So you're not the only one who's behind.

- That... is interesting.  I mean, it's supposed to be a pop-culture reference/meme.  So... I guess it kinda works? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For some reason, that made me think of the total BS crapshoot that was Takeshi's Challenge.  We should get a shitpost game that's called "Edy's Challenge", which would incorporate all of the dumb ideas I created in this LP and integrate them into a quest to obtain a disappointing end screen that shows Edy congratulating you in poor English.

- I always loved just nabbing cheap pot-shots at enemies in Call of Duty or Half-Life.  I never was one for them jumping 360 no-scope headshots, but I have loads of headache stories from my days of playing Modern Warfare 2.  You have no idea how annoying those people can be until you get into a game with two people on opposing teams who are working together to get everyone else killed in S&D just so they can have a stupid fuckin' 360 no-scope-off.

- I'll roll with that explanation.  It'll make beating them all the more satisfying, the idea that they're using goddamn satellites to try to defeat the undefeatable Isara brigade.

- That's sort of like how it goes for me... except instead of a scout, it's a lancer and engineer running through.  Edy and Jane certainly get their moments, though.

- Is there anyone who didn't get their ass kicked in by that chapter at first?  It took me a bit just to learn the gimmicks behind that one, and I figuratively pissed my pants when the ultimate twist for that chapter showed up and my life got twist-turned upside-down and inside-out.

Spoiler

And Selvaria's appearance there is precisely why I planned to do her DLC after that chapter in particular.  I just feel that it'd be cool and interesting to get a closer look into her character shortly after coming across her on the battlefield, and it'll help make her finale more meaningful when it happens... especially since she doesn't really get very many appearances after this next chapter.

1 hour ago, Ertrick36 said:

I don't really remember much about how things turn out for the minor NPCs.  I know Martha and her kid don't have much of a presence throughout most of the story, though.

I'm assuming you're only on the first part of 18, right?  It's a bit of a complicated op, though it can be a one-turn deal with the right set up, proper strats, and some luck.  It'd be most ideal for you to beat it within five turns, otherwise you risk getting swarmed.  I don't know what the guide you're reading is telling you, but the ideal thing to do is only use lancers with Ultimate Anti-Armor to destroy the Valkof, while you ensure that no enemy lancers can shoot the Edelweiss's radiator.  And your biggest concern with the turrets on the Marmota are the anti-tank turrets; the gattling turrets are mostly an annoyance.

Spoiler

Yeah 18A, the guide told me it can be done in two turns by overusing lancers and I'll probably deploy a shock trooper or two for crowd control, Probably Rosie and Edy, and if not Edy then Jane (since I still haven't unlocked Lynn yet) Anyways working on grinding classes up, scouts just got double movement, now to get Shocktroopers up to speed followed by Engys, lancer, then snipers. Also working on maxing out the tanks of course, Edelweiss is set besides some final upgrades, the Shamrock is partially ready but still needs work. I've already maxed out Firepower on all available upgrades along with uniforms and grenades, looking forward to getting the final upgrades for the rest though. I'm using the strategy on the Valkyria wiki to get the best results btw

Hope you feel better btw

Edited by LucarioGamer812

22 hours ago, LucarioGamer812 said:
  Hide contents

Yeah 18A, the guide told me it can be done in two turns by overusing lancers and I'll probably deploy a shock trooper or two for crowd control, Probably Rosie and Edy, and if not Edy then Jane (since I still haven't unlocked Lynn yet) Anyways working on grinding classes up, scouts just got double movement, now to get Shocktroopers up to speed followed by Engys, lancer, then snipers. Also working on maxing out the tanks of course, Edelweiss is set besides some final upgrades, the Shamrock is partially ready but still needs work. I've already maxed out Firepower on all available upgrades along with uniforms and grenades, looking forward to getting the final upgrades for the rest though. I'm using the strategy on the Valkyria wiki to get the best results btw

Spoiler

I've been looking at the VC Wiki's guide sorta just so I can remember what the chapters were.  Doesn't really matter for this LP if I look at the strategies in-depth there though, since those strats simply can't be applied with this mod.  That being said, I wager it'll still be a better idea to use lancers in that segment than the tanks, and fill the rest of the team up with shocktroopers and possibly an engineer or two.

Since you've been reading my LP, you should already know how to unlock Lynn if you want her.  Or maybe you forgot/skimmed over it/don't care.  I never got her in my first playthrough myself.  Honestly, everyone becomes at least decent when they're all maxed out in levels since they all get at least moderately useful battle potentials.  That and any debuffs are heavily mitigated due to the weapons and stats you get from having everything maxed out.

Besides what's already been said, upgrades are really the best thing you can do at this stage.  From this point on, the Shamrock isn't too useful, so it shouldn't be a big concern.  Sorry Steve Blum.  The Edelweiss could definitely do with at least some upgrades to its defenses, though.  With that said, for the Final Upgrade, I'd strongly recommend going for one of the armor upgrades, as you probably won't use it for offensive purposes ever again.  But of course, that decision is up to you, and in the end it won't be a complete game-changer.

So I must apologize again, folks.  I got a nasty migraine today and have to postpone this LP for one more day.  To make up for this, I'll try my best to cram the remainder of this gameplay segment into one or maybe two parts while also still trying to inject W I T T Y commentary, memes, and a bastardized narrative into it.  I know I've been saying that I want to get to the next chapter a lot, but I really do mean that.  I promise that it'll be a good 'un.

Edited by Ertrick36

12 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I've been looking at the VC Wiki's guide sorta just so I can remember what the chapters were.  Doesn't really matter for this LP if I look at the strategies in-depth there though, since those strats simply can't be applied with this mod.  That being said, I wager it'll still be a better idea to use lancers in that segment than the tanks, and fill the rest of the team up with shocktroopers and possibly an engineer or two.

Since you've been reading my LP, you should already know how to unlock Lynn if you want her.  Or maybe you forgot/skimmed over it/don't care.  I never got her in my first playthrough myself.  Honestly, everyone becomes at least decent when they're all maxed out in levels since they all get at least moderately useful battle potentials.  That and any debuffs are heavily mitigated due to the weapons and stats you get from having everything maxed out.

Besides what's already been said, upgrades are really the best thing you can do at this stage.  From this point on, the Shamrock isn't too useful, so it shouldn't be a big concern.  Sorry Steve Blum.  The Edelweiss could definitely do with at least some upgrades to its defenses, though.  With that said, for the Final Upgrade, I'd strongly recommend going for one of the armor upgrades, as you probably won't use it for offensive purposes ever again.  But of course, that decision is up to you, and in the end it won't be a complete game-changer.

So I must apologize again, folks.  I got a nasty migraine today and have to postpone this LP for one more day.  To make up for this, I'll try my best to cram the remainder of this gameplay segment into one or maybe two parts while also still trying to inject W I T T Y commentary, memes, and a bastardized narrative into it.  I know I've been saying that I want to get to the next chapter a lot, but I really do mean that.  I promise that it'll be a good 'un.

It's fine. Your health does come first. And I honestly don't mind waiting if it means the chapters are of the same quality as before.

All this talk of delays, but no LP?  I want my money back!

pctxLyZ.png

I don't get paid to do this...  If you want to complain, email my publisher at this webzone.

Spoiler

www.gamefaqs.com

Anyway, let's get this show on.

Chapter 6-4: Edy's Hollywood Blues

Spoiler

Unfortunately, we here at Theimer Studios Inc. were never able to fix the problems that hindered my ultimate giffifying abilities, so from here until after the next two chapters, there will be no gifs representing gameplay moments.

Also, I'm gonna do a single turn for this part as well.  The next part, which I assure you will come out sooner, will contain more, I pinky promise.

Spoiler

Theimer Studios Inc. is the broadcasting company responsible for all the national public media... they "sanctify" our news reports in the interest of national security.  Praise be RGaYS2c.png

J5PB3XC.png

Where we last left off:

• Edy went a little too far into the spirit of horror and Halloween and straight up murdered the shit out of some Imps, stealing the spotlight of our precious Exalt and Mr. Bed Bug
  • Edy took Jane's title of Public Enemy #1, incurring the wrath of three Medium-tier Imperial tanks and one ANGERY satellite
  • Luigi dabbed, thus disappointing at least a quarter million 30+ year old Nintendo fans
  • Nadine booked a world tour and hired Jane on as her roadie
  • Welkin sat on his useless, fish-drawing ass doing nothing valuable as Imperial tanks and anti-tank units attacked two of his infantry units
  • Jann was looking fab and swole as usual

nTRjeKX.png

And Catherine has arrived RGaYS2c.png

Let's rock n' roll; time to squash some Imps!

AIL6hUs.png

So here's the situation...

This barren wasteland up ahead is actually mostly empty space.  There aren't very many enemies to be found around here, however there also isn't very much cover and half of the enemies just love to constantly snipe at your units on their turn.  But there will be a surprise in store for us that... honestly will mostly be beneficial to me, since I'm not an idiotic AI that loves to make his soldiers pace about like mad mother fuckers.

Also, there's a sniper on the way.  And there will always be one more sniper on the way for as many turns as it takes for us to capture the enemy base camp.  In the vanilla game, this was more of an annoyance than anything, but... well, you've been following along with this LP long enough that you should know how bullshit they are.

oLTekBa.pngrO71J8N.png

First order of bizness is to order Jann to retreat.  Why?

Because if you've played this game for more than a couple of hours, you'll know that base-hopping for your slower units is basically mandatory.  In spite of the AP buffs for most classes,  it's still more prudent to employ this method in this mod.

So essentially, I'm gonna have Jann deploy where Catherine did.

NNwVO0H.png

Next, we'll have the rockstar here raise a fist in the air to protest against racial injustices while using the healing powers of crystals to align Jane's chakras to full HP or whatever.

And then we'll...

YSIFsC6.png

1JgmaC6.png

Goddammit, Edy, get off the goddamn sandbags!

I get that you wanted to be the star of the show, but your time has passed, you dope.  It's now the Jane & Jann Show, so step off the damn stage and show yourself out!

Seriously though, this career might not be for you; I hear that, like, half of the big shots in Hollywood forcefully grope women and shit.

Spoiler

P.S. Fuck you, Hollywood.

pHIvX2x.png

Spoiler

P.S.S. The rest of California and Arnold Schwarzenegger are okay, though.

FhmP1ZX.png

Spoiler

P.S.S.S. Well, except the wildfires.  Those suck a lot.  I should know; just a couple months ago, I was choking on nasty smoke fogs throughout the days.

67hFfJx.png

Exit stage right...

nfvRhQA.png

Time to play "Guess Where Edy's Going"!

ufJqRE3.png

Time for some T R E N C H   W A R F A R E

This is essentially what I thought Battlefield 1 was gonna be.

QuoDppH.png

Omae wa mou shindeiru...

Edy's gonna put together a brand new dub of that show, and she's gonna do all the voice work.  Even Kenshiro's.

LPqvdED.png

Not quite as satisfying as the dude's torso straight up exploding, but it'll do.

EJJW8Ig.png

Man, the way I continue to place these units, it's a real wonder none of them have died yet.

I mean, this trench wall is pretty nice cover from the tanks all things considered, but...

You'll eventually get to see just how accurate these bastards are.

vorkO3X.png

Why am I moving this tank?

Fuck if I know, honestly!

I'm trying to trigger a certain event, but I don't know how.

OCE2hWJ.png

Gonna F O O M this fucker's health down to 4/5ths...

Because that'll make a difference, I guess.

NqdfSec.png

And I move the damn tank AGAIN, because I guess you can never be too stupid!

pZOn8Jd.png

Spoiler

Yes, that's the Oval Office in the background.

Isara is now President Superior Cold Blooded Overachieving Worldwide Tank Driving Genocidal Fast-Thinking Code-Talker the Post Apocalyptic Time Travelling Ultra Grande Exalt of Ylisse, Europa, Black Mesa, America, and Magvel, Daedric Prince of MADNESS and Cheese Driven G-Approved Interdimensional Agent of the Porcavian Pigs and Wildwoods

Spoiler

Those of you who follow the Onion might know exactly where I got part of this image from.

pRndwen.png

To add insult to injury, this shot did less damage than the last one.

tXAKGAW.png

Might as well do this at least...

Man, this is turning out to be the most wasteful turn yet.

v9BSrEl.png

Also gonna have her hide behind this brick wall.

Isn't it coincidental that I'm talking about brick walls with a girl I'm portraying as a rockstar while wearing a David Gilmore shirt?  True story...

The thing about that goddamn roof, as you saw in the last part, is that it's typically a horrible idea to leave someone up there at the end of the player phase.  Not only that, but it's also gonna be difficult to put people up there once the enemy snipers get fielded...

Speaking of...

TVF1ZGj.png

Cap'n O'Hara of the O'Hara Force is here to save the dayRGaYS2c.png

UEusc2J.png

By shooting this dude in a trench far away, causing him to lose a third of his health!

Okay, honestly an underwhelming use of her turn...

But I swear she'll be more useful here.  I swear it!

VIJC64D.png

This is always a really good place to put your backing sniper for this map.  The stairs serve as excellent cover, and she has immediate access to the roof for when we need her assistance.  And trust me, there will very much be a demand for a sniper here.  In fact...

kN4OpVG.png

That demand has just arrived!

4rmToeV.png

And yes, they indeed summoned a sniper...

5LCIoXk.png

and will continue to do so...

for as long as it takes for us to capture the base.

Which means for every turn we waste trekking our units across the desert, that's another sniper we'll have to deal with.

And like I said before, I aim to kill every sniper I come across.  You better believe that all these reinforcement snipers will be lying in a pool of their own blood before this is all over.

No, I'm not gonna wait for 19 turns to pass just so I can keep killing snipers.  I'm not that insane.

ssKOxNy.png

So naturally, the first unit they move is the sniper...

And you know what he's-

qCCednR.png

KutoGTg.png

Now I remember exactly why my units have all been able to survive.

The enemy commander is a goddamn moron!

8pnNyVu.png

Though in a surprising turn of events, the enemy decides to not be a moron and attack the tank I moved out in the open like the idiot I am.

Maybe I should cut it with the shit-talking.  Sorry, Hollywood.

Spoiler

Nah, I'm not sorry sorry at all.

Which is precisely why I'll probably never get a single gig there beyond cleaning out toilets or cleaning out all the gum stuck underneath some tables and chairs.

mlwlvj9.png

Another mysterious entity tried to take Edy to the grave, but gosh darnit, she ain't going down until she proves once and for all that she's better than Rosie!

KixQ3fC.png

And that was the end of the enemy turn.

Surprisingly, the Edelweiss is still in one piece, and the enemy still hasn't killed a single one of my soldiers!

I guess I was right all those times I talked about how shitty the Imperial soldiers are.  Well, all of them except Oswald the Iron, who, as we'll learn soon enough, has a very special trait that involves superb outmaneuvering of bullets.

Tune in next time for possibly more remarks that'll likely cut off potential career paths for myself as well as Catherine actually kicking some snipers' asses.

First, as was already mentioned, take care of yourself first. Swallow all the Ragnaid pills or something.... Come to think of it, is Ragnaid like all-purpose medicine in the VC world. Huh. I do not think there is any lore explanation for how it works so I am guessing something like Bacta in Star Wars.

On 10/9/2017 at 2:38 AM, LucarioGamer812 said:

I'm on chapter 18 now

Spoiler

Chances are you already solved your problems but the Penetration order helped me a lot there. Welkin is in a really bad spot from the beginning and once you take care of his safety, the rest is slowly using lancers to eliminate the annoying turrets. It is a difficult mission regardless...
You are probably playing with the mod and I have never played with it so I think my advice would be pointless. No idea.
Oh! This is a pretty good guide for the vanilla game:
https://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/870296-valkyria-chronicles/faqs/55889

On 10/11/2017 at 6:23 AM, Ertrick36 said:

Time to play "Guess Where Edy's Going"!

I just realized Edy is both a born leader and panicky. Are those two not opposites in a way? Well, not opposites but a bad attribute for a leader but then how is she a born leader? Haha.

Yes, that's the Oval Office in the background.

Noted: Do not eat while reading this LP. I always figure I can during a lunch break but not anymore. I lost my freaking crap seeing that image and almost choked on my sandwich. The fact my keyboard is a mess does not matter as much... Glorious image edit :D :D

But I swear she'll be more useful here.  I swear it!

But for now... CUC: -1 -> -1

I guess I was right all those times I talked about how shitty the Imperial soldiers are.

Well, we cannot be all Isaras, right? Some us have to be Maximillians. Ahem.

40 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

Edy dual wields SMG's and basically glides around shooting like crazy

Unfortunately, that stunt would put her VERY high on Isara's hit list and well... You cannot have competition.

1 hour ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

Okay why does my brain come up with ideas I know will never happen? So I now want a Valkyria warriors game where Edy dual wields SMG's and basically glides around shooting like crazy, cause apparently my brain thought that would be a good idea to put into my head as I was sleeping.

I'll contact KT and tell them that if they don't make this happen, I'll send Isara and Jane to their headquarters to "take matters into their own hands".

In all seriousness, after the glory that was the crossbow touting Linkle, I'd totally be down for some Edy Warriors madness.  Who knows, maybe they might do it.  Considering the low cost to make those games, it wouldn't be too much trouble for them; all it takes is a spark of interest, either in the devs or fans.  Since they've covered several different popular franchises, it isn't all that far-fetched.  If nothing else, fans of both might have a mind to create something like that.

3 hours ago, MadJak91 said:

Unfortunately, that stunt would put her VERY high on Isara's hit list and well... You cannot have competition.

Isara would be the Lu Bu of VC Warriors.  Just charging at the enemy, whipping up Imp shish kebabs by the dozens through classic impalement, limited only by the number of lances made available to her.

Which now gives me an idea for a new graphic.

1 hour ago, MadJak91 said:

First, as was already mentioned, take care of yourself first. Swallow all the Ragnaid pills or something.... Come to think of it, is Ragnaid like all-purpose medicine in the VC world. Huh. I do not think there is any lore explanation for how it works so I am guessing something like Bacta in Star Wars.

Certainly feeling better.  Usually it seems to be caused by either allergies or wild temperature changes since my colds most often happen during the transitioning seasons.  Fairly normal stuff, but I think it's one of those things where I don't get sick often, but when I do it hits me like a truck.

Rest assured, I'm pretty confident that my health is not in serious jeopardy.  Thank you for your concern.

And in regards to the Ragnaid...  In the Imperial DLC that I'll be doing soon, one of the Imperial troops says that the Ragnaid engineers carry (at least Imperial engineers) contain a common anti-shock agent.  Not much to go on, but I assume that maybe the Ragnaid actually contains not only Ragnite in a distilled, consumable form, but probably various medicinal drugs and other such chemical agents.  Perhaps the Ragnite itself is an energy stimulant of sorts, which is the most sensible explanation, all things considered.

Though I ain't a doctor, so my guess is as good as any.

2 hours ago, MadJak91 said:

I just realized Edy is both a born leader and panicky. Are those two not opposites in a way? Well, not opposites but a bad attribute for a leader but then how is she a born leader? Haha.

ej99mR5.png

Look at this face and tell me that it isn't the face of a gal who was born to win.

She's all about leading... just from behind the frontlines.  I mean, you wouldn't want this starlet to die now, would you?  It's sort of like General Damon; a respected hero in his own right, but he's better served behind the scenes, carefully maneuvering his troops to- *barfs*

But for now... CUC: -1 -> -1

D:

Noted: Do not eat while reading this LP. I always figure I can during a lunch break but not anymore. I lost my freaking crap seeing that image and almost choked on my sandwich. The fact my keyboard is a mess does not matter as much... Glorious image edit :D :D

FhmP1ZX.png

Please don't choke on your sandwich.

I'm honestly just glad for the opportunity to expand on my graphic designing skills and work them into something fun.  Just making these images can be entertaining for me.

3 hours ago, MadJak91 said:

Well, we cannot be all Isaras, right? Some us have to be Maximillians. Ahem.

You mean to say that not all of us can be overachieving, murderous, time-and-dimension-travelling usurpers, and thus some of us have to be men with disappointing you-know-whats who compensate by building ridiculously large tanks?

I sometimes forget about the ludicrous nature of this LP and the game itself, and then other times it hits me like a hangover after Homecoming Week.

Spoiler

Wait a minute, I don't drink.  I wouldn't get that analogy at all!

Anyway, as I said before, I'm feeling better.  That being said, I don't know if it won't happen again where I'd need to delay the LP once more.  But for now, expect the next part to be put up at some point over the weekend RGaYS2c.png

9 hours ago, MadJak91 said:

Chances are you already solved your problems but the Penetration order helped me a lot there. Welkin is in a really bad spot from the beginning and once you take care of his safety, the rest is slowly using lancers to eliminate the annoying turrets. It is a difficult mission regardless...
You are probably playing with the mod and I have never played with it so I think my advice would be pointless. No idea.
Oh! This is a pretty good guide for the vanilla game:

I'm actually playing Vanilla on PS4, so no mods for me. I have yet to start 18 as I'm still grinding levels and money, I've been delayed by the Star Wars Battlefront 2 beta (which was amazing yet rage inducing as I almost carry my team several times but then die due to them not protecting me at the last second) and I've recently decided to finally start Bravely Default after finally getting good enough in the demo to transfer items. (in my defense, I tried the demo before and felt immediately burnt out but I've gone back and decided I'm ready for the game and I've enjoyed it more now, though with this mood I want to go all out on RPG's, so probably Bravely Second after it, followed by either me finishing up Golden Sun Dark Dawn or starting Tales of Vesperia, well after I get out of Fire Emblem warriors mood since that'll last a month+)

16 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Look at this face and tell me that it isn't the face of a gal who was born to win.

Wow. That mouth looks like clicking the pencil tool in Paint and drawing a line :D :D