Fire Emblem Confessions

Lau

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Libra was a woman on my first 13 playthrough. I never recruited him that playthrough, either, so I didn't find out until later. I played 7 before this and I knew about the 'holy man who looks like young, blonde woman' trope. Not my brightest moment.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Midori has blah stats across the board, at least Kaze is fast- which better than being lucky or skillful. Not to mention Ninja > Apothecary. Given your critique of Arthur for being crit prone (which is valid), I know you'll bring that up. But at least Kaze has visible crit evade, a real growth in Lck, and can attack from range to avoid physical criticals. Plus he can live through 1 once-in-a-hundred-chance mage crits, and he shouldn't be tanking except in the few situations the crowd he'll be tackling is all mage.

Kaden isn't that much better than Selkie, but a little more strength and physical durability on a class that lacks these is better than overkill speed (overkill is useless in the game that nerfed dodgetanking) and even more resistance (and this is useless for a Kitsune, because Ninja can enemy phase vs. mages, a Kitsune can't due 1 range lock- and it isn't like Selkie can actually ORKO mages even then). 

As for Silas, its a tradeoff of Str and Def for Spd and Res. Now I know Silas is prone to Spd issues, and that Spd is very important thanks to doubling, so I can see why one might prefer Sophie (hence I call them roughly equal). But it isn't like Silas is Benny bad, his Spd can be salvaged, and his natural physical durability means he can enemy phase if he can remedy it (Sophie on the other hand can't be a master magetank, because Javelins can't ORKO).

Note that I'm not factoring in the mother, however minor or significant her contributions might be. There is no guarantee a kid is going to get Camilla or Hinoka and their awesome growth contributions. Nor do I consider reclass options, particularly those that'd involve E rank escaping, due to the limited quantity of reclassing seals for much of the game.

Being fast can only do so much good if your offense is bad to the point where you tickle non-mages, if you ask me. Using the weakest weapon type isn't exactly helping his case either...

I just asked because I never saw anyone try to argue that Kaden was better than his daughter.

It's not just his speed issues - it's also his blah personal skill that causes him to lose out (I see no good in letting Corrin run around with one foot in the grave, especially when they're not exactly an iron wall).