SEGA Games Thread

Mint Sherry

Not sure if that many people are fans of SEGA games or not, but I've been playing a whole lot of them recently! Space Channel 5, NiGHTS, A whole lot of Puyo Puyo, The House of the Dead, and Plenty of Sonic 2! I dunno, I think Sega is starting to get a stable footing in the hearts of gamers with the release of Sonic Mania (which is heard is really good but... I'm waiting for PC release)

So the questions arrives: What are your favorite SEGA games? Do you still play said games to this day? Seriously, there's a lot to choose from!

At the moment only a few sega games reside in my collection, those being sonic colors, sonic generations, sonic unleashed, and Valkyria Chronicles remastered. And of those Valkyria is the only one to reside within my top ten games, though beyond the games I have, I do plan on eventually getting a sakura wars game or two, the hatsune miku game on 3ds, and hopeully the other 2 valkyria chronicles (namely 3 tbh) But sega does have my attention at least, with their role in the PXZ games and I'm hoping they produce more great games in the future.

3 hours ago, Mint Sherry said:

(which is heard is really good but... I'm waiting for PC release)

You only gotta wait two more days, bud!

Let's see...

Well, as you might be able to see in my sig, I've been playing Valkyria Chronicles.  In fact, VC was my first time ever playing strategy games, and I fell in love.  I played quite a bit of VC2... and I hope I'll get around to 3 and possibly Valkyria Revolution.

I also had a lot of fun with the Phantasy Star games.  Mainly PSO, though I've played a bit of the original games via the Sega Genesis Collection, and I've played Phantasy Star Universe (which I only really remember the song "Save This World" from it).

And of course I've played some Sonic games.  Mostly familiar with the Adventure games (both, actually) and Heroes.  In spite of my... reputation for saying things that get on Sonic fans' nerves (including Jedi), I don't think Sonic is a particularly terrible franchise, though I think seeing Mania has really done a lot to improve my outlook.  But I also think them embracing the whole OC craze in Forces is honestly not a bad idea.

Also, while I don't follow it directly, I've heard some things that the Sonic Facebook page has said or done... and I think that's gotta be one of the most amazing social media presences connected in any way to a corporation that I've ever seen or heard about.  Just recently someone asked them why they didn't show "Coldsteel the Hedgehog" in Sonic Forces, and they replied "then it'd be rated M".  Or that's what I heard.

Gley Lancer
Puyo Puyo(the whole dag ol' thing)
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Tails' Adventure
Sonic Riders Zero Gravity
Sonic Colors
Sonic Rush
Sonic Rush Adventure
Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing
Sonic Advance trilogy
Sonic Battle
Sonic and the Black Knight
After Burner
Daytona USA
Gunstar Heroes
Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX
Virtua Fighter(all of 'em)

Hey, Etrian Odyssey counts now, right.

Edited by Emeraldfox

why isn't this in games discussion?

My favorite Sega games include:
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Sonic Colors
Sonic Generations
Streets of Rage 2
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
All-Stars Racing Transformed

freal though i dont think sega ever truly died or did so bad that they fell out of the light of people who play video games - they certainly hit a low that lasted a while, but if they were really doing that fucking bad i think nobody on earth would give them a chance now

Shining Force is a great strategy RPG series that everyone should play.  The first one is dated (still a great game, though) but the rest hold up perfectly.

+1 for shining force, streets of rage, sonic, virtua fighter, house of the dead and phantasy star

some others:

1. mortal kombat
  2. street fighter
  3. shinobi
  4. contra
  5. earthworm jim
Edited by buttmuncher.ops

50 minutes ago, buttmuncher.ops said:

+1 for shining force, streets of rage, sonic, virtua fighter, house of the dead and phantasy star

some others:

1. mortal kombat
  2. street fighter
  3. shinobi
  4. contra
  5. earthworm jim

1. WB
2. Capcom
4. Konami
5. Not owned by Sega

Only Shinobi counts on that list lol

Golden Axe