Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

Just now, pumpkinspice48 said:

I think Camilla's is bigger.  Just based on what I've seen online.

It seems that way, yeah. I think the bits of intense hate Ike gets is largely in response to his popularity over others, but I'm legit curious if there's more to it than that.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, JJ48 said:

Camilla was pretty much the deciding factor in my choice of Birthright over Conquest, so I guess I've never actually seen her support conversations.

Her supports with Kaze, Ryoma, her retainers, and her siblings are all very good. (I played revelations tho, not conquest)

2 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

I'm not entirely sure why Ike is so popular, having never played his games, but apparently he was a pretty likable character.

Well, there is Super Smash Bros. Ike, Marth, and Roy definitely gained a fanbase from there, especially Marth and Roy who didn't or in Roy's case, still don't have their games released overseas. Ike would have fans of PoR and RD in addition to fans of Smash who may or may not be fans of both franchises.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if there were people who became fans of FE characters just because of Heroes. For example, Reinhardt probably gained more fans because of Heroes despite some of them never having played Thracia 776 or even heard of the Japanese-only FE games.

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Hit me with a request, ID’s 2511325170.

Added!

Seeing the Camilla hatred already starting up makes me wonder what it'll be like if she wins this whole thing.

Camilla... is winning?

I'd be more surprised, but nothing can surprise me after Gaius and Leo.

Well, I was saving my flags for the end anyway. Time to stop the tyranny!

14 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Between Camilla and Ike, I don't have a favorite. They're both relatively neutral in my book. I don't see why either of them are as popular as they are, but that's meh. I certainly don't think Camilla deserves to win a second gauntlet at all, but if she does IS might seriously rethink the event. I mean since the last one when we ended up with Gaius in the finals (when he should have lost during the first round), there weren't any alterations made to the event at all. But taking down Ike would probably be a big enough statement.

Join Ike! Your Laslow has been incredibly helpful on team Hector!

11 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

I'm not entirely sure why Ike is so popular, having never played his games, but apparently he was a pretty likable character.

I'm pretty sure Camilla is as popular as she is because a lot of middle school boys play this game.

Ike's okay. He's an interesting enough protagonist. I've seen better. I've seen worse both inside and outside the FEverse. There's not too much that's new or unique about his character for me to obsess over. lol But yeah. The teenage boys probably have a little a lotta something to do with Camilla. 

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It would be nice if you joined Team Ike.

It's lost in the uproar of this upset, but I'd still like to see a guy win a Gauntlet for a change.  Anybody who wants to see that happen can join us as well.  I want to prove that Fire Emblem's fan base isn't just a bunch of horny teenage boys.

I'd love to see a guy win. I think mentioned before that I'd be a little bummed if Ike was the first... I was hardcore hoping for Robin when he had his chance. RIP. Maybe one of these days. 

2 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

Though this makes me super happy. XD I'll think about it. I'd have to switch out Laslow anyways if I joined Ike.

14 minutes ago, Paris said:

Dissapointed that it's likely that there won't be Ike vs Lyn for the final round. Also because I expect there to be even more division regarding the multiplier, backlash and Camilla becomes more disliked upsurping Lyn. Although I'm wondering why Team Lyn went crazy with the flags. Did they not expect the multplier, overestimated their chance to get a multplier for themselves and underestimate how much points Team Camilla would get? I don't like Camilla but her team was wiser in planning (and exploiting a flawed system imo). .

Wondering how Ike vs Camilla would pan out. 

There is no team strategy behind any team. The scores go up by millions every hour, even when there is no multiplier to take advantage of. I'd say the vast majority of players are spending flags the moment they get them.

4 minutes ago, kcirrot said:

The thing is, thousands of players can't play strategically together. Besides different languages, time zones and the like, this game also puts you in competition with your own team.  

This is why the multiplier is such BS.  You can't play to it because your individual efforts don't have enough of an effect.

It's not like there is any strategy in no-multiplier matches. Everyone uses up their flags and that's the end of it.

1 minute ago, Rex Glacies said:

Camilla... is winning?

I'd be more surprised, but nothing can surprise me after Gaius and Leo.

Well, I was saving my flags for the end anyway. Time to stop the tyranny!

Maybe you'll get my Titania.

5 minutes ago, Ildanach said:

I'd certainly hope they're smart enough to judge popularity by scores sans multiplier (or if you prefer, just by the scores from the first hour).

The Western Hemisphere is pretty much all asleep for the first few hours, so the average number of votes is probably a better indicator.

4 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Her supports with Kaze, Ryoma, her retainers, and her siblings are all very good. (I played revelations tho, not conquest)

I think all the supports are the same in Conquest and Revelations, with a few exceptions, like Corrin x Azura.

4 minutes ago, Together We Ride said:

It seems that way, yeah. I think the bits of intense hate Ike gets is largely in response to his popularity over others, but I'm legit curious if there's more to it than that.

Both groups are still vocal minorities, at least. Ike and Camilla are both well-liked by the fanbase at large. Yes, Camilla too, despite a lot of the posts around here. I take dislike of characters around here with a  grain of salt, since if Serenes popularity was any indicator of overall feelings, Minerva wouldn't have been sent to the shadow realm in the flier gauntlet.

Just now, lilacshadows said:

When does this voting gauntlet end?

Tuesday night for American time.

Quick question going by your sig: Is your name Rachel?

Just now, Alkaid said:

Both groups are still vocal minorities, at least. Ike and Camilla are both well-liked by the fanbase at large. Yes, Camilla too, despite a lot of the posts around here. I take dislike of characters around here with a  grain of salt, since if Serenes popularity was any indicator of overall feelings, Minerva wouldn't have been sent to the shadow realm in the flier gauntlet.

Very true. I do feel that overall, Camilla has more vocal hate than Ike at least, but regardless of the amount of hate these two may have, they do absolutely have much more love among the FE fanbase.

13 minutes ago, Paris said:

Dissapointed that it's likely that there won't be Ike vs Lyn for the final round. Also because I expect there to be even more division regarding the multiplier, backlash and Camilla becomes more disliked upsurping Lyn. Although I'm wondering why Team Lyn went crazy with the flags. Did they not expect the multplier, overestimated their chance to get a multplier for themselves and underestimate how much points Team Camilla would get? I don't like Camilla but her team was wiser in planning (and exploiting a flawed system imo). .

Wondering how Ike vs Camilla would pan out. 

I don't think it was planning so much as it was luck of the draw.  If you look at the graphs, it has a pretty constant slope until it hits the multiplier point.  Then it drops down and continues rising at the exact same slope it had before.  Strategy, at least in a fine-tuned, coordinated sense, doesn't enter into it!

4 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Well, there is Super Smash Bros. Ike, Marth, and Roy definitely gained a fanbase from there, especially Marth and Roy who didn't or in Roy's case, still don't have their games released overseas. Ike would have fans of PoR and RD in addition to fans of Smash who may or may not be fans of both franchises.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if there were people who became fans of FE characters just because of Heroes. For example, Reinhardt probably gained more fans because of Heroes despite some of them never having played Thracia 776 or even heard of the Japanese-only FE games.

To be honest, I was a little resentful when Ike kicked Roy out of SSB, and that may partially explain why I've never really played my copy of Path of Radiance.  I don't really hate him, the way I do Camilla, but I am filled with a rather complete indifference towards him and his game.

(I mean honestly, we can't spare ONE more character slot for a character who was already in the previous title?!)

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Added!

Seeing the Camilla hatred already starting up makes me wonder what it'll be like if she wins this whole thing.

I'm not hard pressed to imagine that the sheer levels of NaCl would be enough to form a salt flat larger than this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salar_de_Uyuni

Just now, NekoKnight said:

There is no team strategy behind any team. The scores go up by millions every hour, even when there is no multiplier to take advantage of. I'd say the vast majority of players are spending flags the moment they get them.

It's not like there is any strategy in no-multiplier matches. Everyone uses up their flags and that's the end of it.

Makes sense even though I thought that the teams would plan sometimes. Then again, voting guantlets are a decent way to get feathers. If what I read from another thread is true (summer guantlet?), then more players are concerned with getting feathers than the characters (if players who've never touched a main game FE outnumer players who have). 

2 minutes ago, lilacshadows said:

Rachel? Um...I don't remember a time where I've gone by Rachel. My name in FEH is Rae.

Just curious, my name's Rachel, sometimes Rae, and it's fun to find people who share the same name.

4 minutes ago, UNLEASH IT said:

Well at least Lyn won the popular vote, right guys?

The electoral college needs to be removed. Why should Camilla fans in the boonies have their votes be worth more than mine?