Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Just curious, my name's Rachel, sometimes Rae, and it's fun to find people who share the same name.

Oh, that's nice :) My name actually is Rae, but yeah, it is fun to meet people with the same name as mine.

4 minutes ago, Together We Ride said:

Very true. I do feel that overall, Camilla has more vocal hate than Ike at least, but regardless of the amount of hate these two may have, they do absolutely have much more love among the FE fanbase.

Exactly I never use a forum site as an overall indicator on what's hated since the overall majority definitely thinks otherwise I'm not even mad since I don't hate Ike or Camilla I like both.

6 minutes ago, UNLEASH IT said:

Well at least Lyn won the popular vote, right guys?

Yep pretty much this doesn't bother me since Lyn is forever marked most popular "singular" character and most popular female character nothing a little fun option on an app can ever take away!

14 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Added!

Seeing the Camilla hatred already starting up makes me wonder what it'll be like if she wins this whole thing.

A lot of it will depend on how the players divide.  If they're pretty evenly balanced (e.g. ratio of 1.5:1), then I think Ike's got it, hands down.  If Ike's got a bigger ratio than that, it'll all come down to multiplier placement.

I will go team Ike it looks like, Minerva must have revenge!  I really wanted this to be Ike VS Lyn but man that multiplier is not right and I felt that way from the start of it being used.  Well at least I got to the second round with Lyn.

1 minute ago, Tragonight said:

@lilacshadows Are you on team Ike? Mind if I add you? I need more blue mages like Linde, getting three Ike's in the gauntlet is annoying.

@Tybrosion I added you as well. ID is 4044461686, Brave Bow+ Brave Lyn is my current lead, I can change it if anyone wants.

Yeah, I'm on Team Ike, and sure, you can add me :) I just finished building Linde, and I'm rather pleased how she came out. I sure do love that 45 speed...

Wow, some people seriously need to chill. I know I get frustrated at times when I'm on the losing side, perhaps too frustrated, but I don't think I was ever as bad as some folks in this thread. :/

But YAY IKE. <3

Is this what depression feels like?

Cause I'm feeling pretty pissed right now

Oh well

Time to go team Ike and bust Camilla's head open

And I'm being dead serious 

This ain't about feathers anymore....

It was never about the feathers 

... Back to feather optimization. See if I can salvage any feathers. I want Lyn to actually win this feathers be damned. Now, may as well get the feathers needed for at least 2 of the following:

• Get Gordin to 5* so Brave Lyn can get Brave Bow+ (the irony is strong if team Camilla is the best route for ranking feathers - use the feather money to snipe her out)
  • Get a trash Hana to 5* so Brave Lyn can get Life and Death 3
  • Get Eirika to 5*
  • Get optimized Hana to 5*
  • Get optimized Cherche to 5*
Edited by Roflolxp54

What bugs me about Camilla winning isn't her winning, it is that she won only because of the 7.4x multiplier. So I am more annoyed at the multiplier than anything. I don't mind losing teams having a multiplier. I just don't like that it gets so large that those lucky enough to be on and have a multiplier at a later hour get so much over everyone else. Seriously a 7.4x is beyond insane. I would rather have a smaller multiplier that gets bigger the longer you are losing. I.e. it resets back to 3 when you get ahead and has to slowly tick back up again from 3 once you are behind. I mean Lyn had more than twice the hourly rate so that just rankles me. While I might be on Team Hector, boy would it rankle me if Hector actually won since he has only 1/3 of Ike's average rate of increase.

I suppose I'll be team Ike next then. Never played his games, but Camilla is one of my least favorite of the Fate's siblings.

1 minute ago, Astolfo! said:

Oh well

Yeah WE LIKE IKE!!!

18 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

To be honest, I was a little resentful when Ike kicked Roy out of SSB, and that may partially explain why I've never really played my copy of Path of Radiance.  I don't really hate him, the way I do Camilla, but I am filled with a rather complete indifference towards him and his game.

(I mean honestly, we can't spare ONE more character slot for a character who was already in the previous title?!)

Ike never kicked out Roy in Brawl; no character kicked out another character in any Smash game or any fighting game for that matter. The only exceptions would be like plot stuff like Heihachi Mishima might not return for Tekken 8 if they stick with the story which they might not since Heihachi players might not like he's not in the game since he could just be a playable character with no bearing on Tekken's story.

Roy's files along with Mewtwo and 5 other characters were found in Brawl. He and the other characters just never got finished and I remember Brawl just like Smash 4 being delayed a couple of times. From SSB's wiki: https://www.ssbwiki.com/Unused_content_(SSBB)#Discovered_in_Brawl.27s_files. From Source Gaming which goes into it a bit more along with other characters: http://sourcegaming.info/2016/04/29/duflupdate/.

Game development is a very fickle thing to say the least and I'd say that the developers ran out of time, probably funding, and had to cut their losses. Or they might have just decided to not include a character for whatever reason like why Mega Man hasn't appeared in a Marvel vs. Capcom game until Infinite. Does it suck that Roy wasn't in Brawl? Yeah, but he came back for Smash 4 and I'd say that was a better thing for him since he'd have extra time to be rebuilt instead of being included in the ~50 characters launch roster unlike some insult to character design and asshat of of a bird. I still do not agree with him swinging a sword with a reverse-grip like that, though. Eliwood would have whooped his butt for shitty swordsmanship. If you want power, then two-hand the damn sword. Anyway, I digress. Goddamn pheasant thing.

Edited by Kaden

Just now, Tybrosion said:

Added. Philip right?

yes

4 minutes ago, lilacshadows said:

Yeah, I'm on Team Ike, and sure, you can add me :) I just finished building Linde, and I'm rather pleased how she came out. I sure do love that 45 speed...

I requested, waiting on accept now, but take your time since I'll mainly be using it for next round tomorrow

3 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

The battle against Camilla, or Tharja, or any "fanservice" character, is beyond orbs, or feathers, or rewards. It is a battle to determine the fate of the fandom. Nay, the fate of the world!

I mean, if she won, I would lose hope in humanity again.

Ike has taken over the lead with an hour to go.

4 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

A lot of it will depend on how the players divide.  If they're pretty evenly balanced (e.g. ratio of 1.5:1), then I think Ike's got it, hands down.  If Ike's got a bigger ratio than that, it'll all come down to multiplier placement.

Ike currently has 1.5 more votes per hour than Camilla.  We'll have to see where everybody goes to next.

Ike and Camilla are both very polarizing.  Lots of people like them, but lots also hate them as well.  Camilla seems to get more hate, but her game is newer.  Once a few hours pass, we'll have an idea of how things are looking.

3 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

Oh well

It will be okay.  Mama Titania will comfort you, and show how a real mother figure should act.

21 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

It's not like there is any strategy in no-multiplier matches. Everyone uses up their flags and that's the end of it.

Right, there shouldn't be any strategy.  Players who play the most rank highest and the team that has the most supporters wins.

Now it might as well be random.  

6 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Ike never kicked out Roy in Brawl; no character kicked out another character in any Smash game or any fighting game for that matter. The only exceptions would be like plot stuff like Heihachi Mishima might not return for Tekken 8 if they stick with the story which they might not since Heihachi players might not like he's not in the game since he could just be a playable character with no bearing on Tekken's story.

Roy's files along with Mewtwo and 5 other characters were found in Brawl as unused and incomplete. He and the other characters just never got finished and I remember Brawl just like Smash 4 being delayed a couple of times. From SSB's wiki: https://www.ssbwiki.com/Unused_content_(SSBB)#Discovered_in_Brawl.27s_files. From Source Gaming which goes into it a bit more along with other characters: http://sourcegaming.info/2016/04/29/duflupdate/.

Game development is a very fickle thing to say the least and I'd say that the developers ran out of time, probably funding, and had to cut their losses. Does it suck that Roy wasn't in Brawl? Yeah, but he came back for Smash 4 and I'd say that was a better thing for him since he'd have extra time to be rebuilt instead of being included in the ~50 characters launch roster unlike some insult to character design and asshat of of a bird. I still do not agree with him swinging a sword with a reverse-grip like that, though. Eliwood would have whooped his butt for shitty swordsmanship. If you want power, then two-hand the damn sword.

If he wants to find "guilty" character of Roy's absence... that character is probably Sonic (his introduction in Brawl was done really late in the game's development, and practically altered the whole development process in the last months... this provoke the game's delay from Late 2007 to Early 2008 and, very likely, he took Mewtwo and Roy's development time).

Edited by Troykv

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, some people seriously need to chill. I know I get frustrated at times when I'm on the losing side, perhaps too frustrated, but I don't think I was ever as bad as some folks in this thread. :/

But YAY IKE. <3

No, everyone.  Your hate has made you powerful!  Give into your anger.  With each passing moment you make yourself more Camilla's servant.